PDA

View Full Version : Tired of this Race Crap

Gunny
04-10-2015, 09:53 AM
How about stupid cop shoots unarmed man 8 times in the back? Who gives a f*ck what color they are? Oh, besides OpEd pundits on TV? "white cop shoots black man". BFD. I could care less if one was green and one was f-ing chartreusse.

That was murder, period.

Bilgerat
04-10-2015, 09:58 AM
That was murder, period.

There' new video out. It doesn't vindicate the cop, but it seems to take the death penalty off the table.

Of course, sending the cop to Gen Pop would rectify that

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-10-2015, 10:01 AM
How about stupid cop shoots unarmed man 8 times in the back? Who gives a f*ck what color they are? Oh, besides OpEd pundits on TV? "white cop shoots black man". BFD. I could care less if one was green and one was f-ing chartreusse.

That was murder, period.
Have to agree. Murder is murder, the damn race is not important.
They should(if found guilty) fry that damn cop. The video most likely proves his guilt beyond any reasonable doubt but thats for a jury to decide.
Certainly appears to be cold bloodied murder to me...
If so the cop should fry IMHO..-TYR

Gunny
04-10-2015, 10:03 AM
There' new video out. It doesn't vindicate the cop, but it seems to take the death penalty off the table.

Of course, sending the cop to Gen Pop would rectify that

Well, my rant is against the media. They sensationalize this crap then go "oh no" when an entire city is jacked up because of lies.

Me personally, I'd rather get the death penalty than spend however many years I have left locked in a box. I actually think life without parole is the harsher sentence.

LongTermGuy
04-10-2015, 10:07 AM
Yes it was the wrong very stupid move made by the LEO and is murder......watched the `other` video...and `how it all started`....it appears the poor dead guy made poor decisions and was stupid also....

Gunny
04-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Have to agree. Murder is murder, the damn race is not important.
They should(if found guilty) fry that damn cop. The video most likely proves his guilt beyond any reasonable doubt but thats for a jury to decide.
Certainly appears to be cold bloodied murder to me...
If so the cop should fry IMHO..-TYR

I agree. It's for the jury to decide. Not the media. But who do you think decided what happened in Ferguson? It wasn't the truth. It was a bunch of black activists who garner media attention if they fart in the right direction.

In the end, all the activist hype was proven as lies. At what cost? A city pretty much destroyed.

jimnyc
04-10-2015, 10:10 AM
One thing media pundits won’t say about Walter Scott’s shooting

ou just have to wonder how long the media and black activists will try and milk this one in a case where the justice system clearly worked.

As reported by NBC News, “A white police officer in North Charleston, South Carolina, was charged with murder after a cellphone video was released of him fatally shooting a black father of four in the back following a traffic stop. The release of the footage — which shows Officer Michael Slager fired eight times at Walter Scott — was praised by the 50-year-old victim’s family, who during a news conference said: “All we wanted was the truth.”

----

“It looked like he was trying to kill a deer or something, running through the woods,” Scott’s father, Walter Scott Sr. said. Officer Slager, 33, was arrested earlier by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division and faces 30 years to life in prison or the death penalty if convicted, state officials said in a news release. He was being held without bond in the Charleston County Jail.”

So there will be no need for protests and Al Sharpton making a trip for some shrimp and grits. The justice system will bring Slager to trial and the evidence will speak for itself — funny how that happens.

However, does anyone reading this believe that it will end there? Does anyone believe that somehow there will be some instigation to stir up the local community? I’m just waiting for another Eric Holder initiated DoJ investigation into the entire North Charleston Police Department.

----

This is a sad and tragic incident and having watched the complete video I can say there is NO excuse for what the police officer did in shooting Scott in the back. Heck, if it was necessary to draw his weapon, shots into the air as warning could have been enough. There is no excuse to shoot an unarmed person in the back, especially when you had their vehicle and knew their identity. A simple description and apprehension would have sufficed.

But we don’t need any speeches about police re-training. This was the action of one bad cop. Nor is it a reflection on the entire force. And I’m quite sure the North Charleston Police Department is angry about this incident as well, along with the tarnishing of their reputation to “Serve and Protect.”

It’s not necessary for anyone to try and claim this for political advantage. There is no need for the insidious false narrative of “hands up don’t shoot” or rhetorical signage of “black lives matter.”

Let us take the time to offer our condolences to the family of Walter Scott and maybe what should be done is establish a scholarship fund for his four children to attain what is sorely needed in the black community: better education opportunities.

At this time we need to once again focus on correcting that which ails the black community: strong families and economic growth. It pains me to know that for no apparent reason, four children will not have a dad at the Thanksgiving table.

This is a time where we can turn this tragedy into triumph. It’s a time when we can turn the page and not proliferate a victim mentality but advance the spirit of victors. Let us not allow those who would impart racial divisiveness to continue to drive a wedge in America to find a gap to exploit. And let us not fuel the flames of the media who want to stretch out a story for their own ideological purposes.

I pray this tragedy can strengthen the bonds between the North Charleston law enforcement officers and the community they serve. I am 54 and the death of Walter Scott serves to remind me once again just how blessed I have been in life.

And all lives matter.

http://allenbwest.com/2015/04/one-thing-media-pundits-wont-say-about-walter-scotts-shooting/

Gunny
04-10-2015, 10:15 AM
Yes it was the wrong very stupid move made by the LEO and is murder......watched the `other` video...and `how it all started`....it appears the poor dead guy made poor decisions and was stupid also....

I'm not defending the guy. However, if being stupid was a crime punishable by death I could get rid of all of you.:laugh:

Nothing he did warranted the cop using deadly force. A broken tail light? Shit. Let him run away. He'll get picked up again. The bench warrant's still there.

I just wonder what this cop was thinking. He's going to spend the rest of his life in isolation because you can't put him in GP. For what?

Bilgerat
04-10-2015, 10:18 AM

I agree, both men made bad choices, but the cop's was inexcusable

And I agree with Gunny's position on locked up vs death penalty. Life without parole would be worse than death for me too.

I've always been a fan of "make the punishment fit the crime". An example would be to make the Boston bomber stand near a bomb like the one that he made. Let him enjoy the fruits of his labors.

Likewise, for Slager. Let him dodge 8 rounds.

jimnyc
04-10-2015, 10:19 AM
^^ And the murdering thug better hope that there aren't too many people there that he put in prison. I hope they force him into the general population and take bets! :lol:

jimnyc
04-10-2015, 10:20 AM
I've always been a fan of "make the punishment fit the crime". An example would be to make the Boston bomber stand near a bomb like the one that he made. Let him enjoy the fruits of his labors.

Only if it's guaranteed to take his legs off, and one arm. Then help him recover. Stick him in prison after that and watch him waddle around in a cell. :)

Bilgerat
04-10-2015, 10:20 AM
Here's a bonus

'We don't want another Ferguson circus': Walter Scott family 'bar Rev Al Sharpton from the funeral to avoid over-the-top attention'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3033109/We-don-t-want-Ferguson-circus-Walter-Scott-family-bar-Rev-Al-Sharpton-funeral-avoid-attention.html#ixzz3Wv6j5OSc
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline) | DailyMail on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail)

jimnyc
04-10-2015, 10:22 AM
Here's a bonus

'We don't want another Ferguson circus': Walter Scott family 'bar Rev Al Sharpton from the funeral to avoid over-the-top attention'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3033109/We-don-t-want-Ferguson-circus-Walter-Scott-family-bar-Rev-Al-Sharpton-funeral-avoid-attention.html#ixzz3Wv6j5OSc
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline) | DailyMail on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail)

Good! He doesn't need to be there. He doesn't know the guy and his sole reason for being there would be to instigate and indirectly raise money. He's a lowlife, and bravo to this family for nipping this before he can even think about going there.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-10-2015, 10:25 AM
I'm not defending the guy. However, if being stupid was a crime punishable by death I could get rid of all of you.:laugh:

Nothing he did warranted the cop using deadly force. A broken tail light? Shit. Let him run away. He'll get picked up again. The bench warrant's still there.

I just wonder what this cop was thinking. He's going to spend the rest of his life in isolation because you can't put him in GP. For what?
Bad cops, just proves how bad and crazy some of them are..
A man was murdered by a cop for having a broken taillight!

Hell, people are beat up by cops for just pointing out the cop is wrong or doesn't even know the law he is wrongly attempting to enforce. And I've seen that more than once with my own eyes.
I have also been victimized by cops more than once but never been beaten up, just wrongly arrested then released later.. was arrested in clear cut cases of self-defense more than once..
Cops can not be defended as if they do no wrong--which is exactly what some of their defenders do..

Gunny
04-10-2015, 10:27 AM
Good! He doesn't need to be there. He doesn't know the guy and his sole reason for being there would be to instigate and indirectly raise money. He's a lowlife, and bravo to this family for nipping this before he can even think about going there.

Wow. A black family told sharpton to f- off? Priceless. :laugh:

NightTrain
04-10-2015, 10:28 AM
Yeah, what that cop did was inexcusable. Turns out he was involved in a few other incidents where it sounds like he was way over the line but it was covered up.

I agree, it shouldn't matter what color the victim was... but the media jump on that with glee.

I'm really tired of the racial spin on all this - he was an American that was shot by a bad cop.

The cop is going to have a real rough time in prison unless he joins the skinheads... but they don't like cops, either. I'd say he's fucked. (!)

Gunny
04-10-2015, 10:29 AM
Yeah, what that cop did was inexcusable. Turns out he was involved in a few other incidents where it sounds like he was way over the line but it was covered up.

I agree, it shouldn't matter what color the victim was... but the media jump on that with glee.

I'm really tired of the racial spin on all this - he was an American that was shot by a bad cop.

The cop is going to have a real rough time in prison unless he joins the skinheads... but they don't like cops, either. I'd say he's fucked. (!)

:clap:

Bilgerat
04-10-2015, 10:31 AM
I'd say he's fucked. (!)

Just as soon as they send him to Gen Pop

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7100&stc=1

Gunny
04-10-2015, 10:35 AM
Just as soon as they send him to Gen Pop

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7100&stc=1

THAT is going to cost you a soda. And maybe a keyboard.:laugh:

WiccanLiberal
04-10-2015, 10:44 AM
I really think the media has been responsible for too much of the supposed racial issues. There is surely still racism in this country but not every observation outcome of a police interaction is due to racist motivation. But the media seems to immediately focus on that.

Perianne
04-10-2015, 11:11 AM
I agree the cop appears to have murdered the guy.

On the other hand, when a cop detains you and/or arrests you.... just go along. Hash out the details later. All of these prominent black deaths lately could have been prevented if the black guys had submitted to the law.

Again, I am not excusing the cop. But the black guy would be alive today had he submitted as he was required by law to do.

LongTermGuy
04-10-2015, 02:16 PM

*Understand and agree...re-read my comment....I said the guy was stupid...nothing was mentioned he should die for it...The LEO was not thinking....and committed murder....the dead guy is dead for being stupid....being an LEO is not an easy job especially now days....when approached by the Police listen to the commands and do what one is told...any differences can be settled in court later...win win all around for most human beings..

http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by LongTermGuy http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=730065#post730065)

LongTermGuy
04-10-2015, 02:20 PM
I agree the cop appears to have murdered the guy.

On the other hand, when a cop detains you and/or arrests you.... just go along. Hash out the details later. All of these prominent black deaths lately could have been prevented if the black guys had submitted to the law.

Again, I am not excusing the cop. But the black guy would be alive today had he submitted as he was required by law to do.

Totally agree...so whats up with some of these black guys?...They do have brains in their skulls......

aboutime
04-10-2015, 05:57 PM
Totally agree...so whats up with some of these black guys?...They do have brains in their skulls......

LongTerm. What I am more concerned about with so many of these stories coming out is...The great, unanswered question we all ask ourselves when we hear, read, or see such things taking place is..How would all of this have been handled? Or, would it have been made such a big deal (which it was), had the man running away from the police officer been....WHITE?

It seems the LAME STREAM PRESS from across the nation has become the welcome wagon crowd for making MOUNTAINS OUT OF MOLE HILLS if there are any Black Americans involved in any story.

For all of the wannabe, lying pretenders who call themselves journalists. They only know one order....
"IF IT BLEEDS, IT LEADS", and even more so if it is A DARKER skin color to appease the RACISTS.

Gunny
04-10-2015, 07:37 PM
Bad cops, just proves how bad and crazy some of them are..
A man was murdered by a cop for having a broken taillight!

Hell, people are beat up by cops for just pointing out the cop is wrong or doesn't even know the law he is wrongly attempting to enforce. And I've seen that more than once with my own eyes.
I have also been victimized by cops more than once but never been beaten up, just wrongly arrested then released later.. was arrested in clear cut cases of self-defense more than once..
Cops can not be defended as if they do no wrong--which is exactly what some of their defenders do..

I can"t stand cops Just so we're clear. Their entire purpose is to collect money for the state. My point is this isn't a race issue. It's a stupid cop issue.

Gunny
04-10-2015, 07:41 PM
LongTerm. What I am more concerned about with so many of these stories coming out is...The great, unanswered question we all ask ourselves when we hear, read, or see such things taking place is..How would all of this have been handled? Or, would it have been made such a big deal (which it was), had the man running away from the police officer been....WHITE?

It seems the LAME STREAM PRESS from across the nation has become the welcome wagon crowd for making MOUNTAINS OUT OF MOLE HILLS if there are any Black Americans involved in any story.

For all of the wannabe, lying pretenders who call themselves journalists. They only know one order....
"IF IT BLEEDS, IT LEADS", and even more so if it is A DARKER skin color to appease the RACISTS.

It wouldn't be in the news. Page 18, NYT.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-10-2015, 07:55 PM
I can"t stand cops Just so we're clear. Their entire purpose is to collect money for the state. My point is this isn't a race issue. It's a stupid cop issue.

My nephew was once a cop (he quit) and still I have no damn love for them.
True it shouldn't be about race but instead be about stupidity, corruption and the actions of a single bad cop. Problem is the media wil make it ALL about race..
It is their agenda which fits right in with the obama agenda. Racial division and disunity, goals that the obama wants..-Tyr

Gunny
04-12-2015, 12:20 PM
My nephew was once a cop (he quit) and still I have no damn love for them.
True it shouldn't be about race but instead be about stupidity, corruption and the actions of a single bad cop. Problem is the media wil make it ALL about race..
It is their agenda which fits right in with the obama agenda. Racial division and disunity, goals that the obama wants..-Tyr

I've always mistrusted them. I understand what they are doing, but they used to be REALLY bad. Above the law -- president or cop -- no difference. We're either ALL bound by law, or it doesn't exist. I'd prefer the latter myself. Cops solve your murder after you're dead. Unless they get lucky, they aren't ever at the scene of the crime until the crime is done. In the meantime, they go after people for burned out tail lights.

Noir
04-12-2015, 02:07 PM

Would the cop of killed the guy if he was white? That's what makes it into a race issue, and you can be sure if it wasn't for the damning video evidence that some people here would be blaming the victim for his death.

jimnyc
04-12-2015, 03:14 PM
Would the cop of killed the guy if he was white? That's what makes it into a race issue,

I don't know, and neither do you. Just because it happened to be a black man doesn't automatically mean it's a race issue.

and you can be sure if it wasn't for the damning video evidence that some people here would be blaming the victim for his death.

Why, has that happened before? As in 2 other major cases where the shooters were found not guilty, and witnesses lied? It all depends on the facts that eventually come out. If a man is riddled with gun shots from behind, it's kind of hard to blame him.

red state
04-12-2015, 05:27 PM
Would the cop of killed the guy if he was white? That's what makes it into a race issue, and you can be sure if it wasn't for the damning video evidence that some people here would be blaming the victim for his death.

*WE NEED HALF OR LESS THAN THE COPS WE HAVE (UNLESS WE PLACE THEM ON THE BORDER WHERE NEEDED!!!

Now, getting to my reply: IF I understand you correctly, NOIR, (and I believe I do understand you quite well), I disagree 110% and if I had time, I'd dig up all the posts made by excellent posters who actually use their head and look at the PROOF before spouting off as you just did. It is the little lemming liberal losers who seem to lack common sense, intellect or FACTS.....not conservatives. MOST of the Conservatives on this board (including yours truly) have called it like we see it after reviewing the evidence and have been spot~on, RIGHT with what actually happened in more cases than not. When all the facts finally come out, WE are time and time again proven RIGHT but the likes of you will still make unfounded accusations. It is the LEFT/WRONG who jump to conclusions and make random, unintelligent clains (AND YOU JUST PROPPED OFF ANOTHER ONE) just as the LEFT/WRONG usually do. Wise up or stop proving to most of us just how shallow or dense your kind truly are. You lumped me and quite a few others on this board in one nasty little race boat....not a racing boat but the same ole RACIST CRAP and that same ole liberal $#!T ain't gonna float.

Now to address more intelligent posters: Cops are, as one of the posters claimed, a means by which the local, State and US gov. makes money. Very rarely do WE THE PEOPLE get help from them. As Tyr noted, I also have a nephew who is a cop and he finally transferred from Memphis Police to a Melbourne, FL station. He's one of the good ones (served two tours in Iraq), is polite and will actually help those in need but even he will tell you that it would be a more accurate if the police car graphics read: "Collect and Surveil" instead of 'PROTECT & SERVE''. U HEARD THAT FIRST HERE @ DP!!!

That cop was wrong (DEAD WRONG) in what he did and, in general, I don't like cops either. Far too many are arrogant @$$HOLES who were either bullies or bullies themselves during childhood. I have happened across a few who were the type officers that my mom raised me to respect. It was through years or experience and observation that I base my comments on (whether on cops or liberal PUKES).

Noir
04-12-2015, 05:54 PM
I don't know, and neither do you. Just because it happened to be a black man doesn't automatically mean it's a race issue.

Ofcourse no one can know, but we can look to stats for a trend..."of the 15 teens shot fleeing arrest from 2010 to 2012, 14 were black." (This is from FBI figures, which by all accounts are terribly managed but the best we have, apparently thats considered acceptable by whoever audits the FBI) Source: http://www.propublica.org/article/deadly-force-in-black-and-white

Why, has that happened before? As in 2 other major cases where the shooters were found not guilty, and witnesses lied? It all depefacts that eventually come out. If a man is riddled with gun shots from behind, it's kind of hard to blame him

There are literally people on this website that refer to black people as 'savages', if there was no video footage, and the only story to go by was the cops story - that the victim fought with the cop/stole his taser or w/e it was, and ran after the scuffle- i'd stick my neck on to say blame would be posted.

jimnyc
04-12-2015, 06:08 PM
Ofcourse no one can know, but we can look to stats for a trend..."of the 15 teens shot fleeing arrest from 2010 to 2012, 14 were black." (This is from FBI figures, which by all accounts are terribly managed but the best we have, apparently thats considered acceptable by whoever audits the FBI) Source: http://www.propublica.org/article/deadly-force-in-black-and-white

I'm not going to dispute statistics. I'm just saying that a bad shoot doesn't automatically equate to a race issue. Thus far, what I see is an emotion based murder/manslaughter. Instantly jumping to racism, with nothing to back that up in this case, only leads to others jumping on the race thing. Not every black/white interaction is a racist thing. Black cops have often tased, or shot white folks, and I highly doubt many at all would be race based.

There are literally people on this website that refer to black people as 'savages', if there was no video footage, and the only story to go by was the cops story - that the victim fought with the cop/stole his taser or w/e it was, and ran after the scuffle- i'd stick my neck on to say blame would be posted.

Maybe so, that's others, but based on the evidence it would be quite difficult to explain shooting at the guy 9 times and all hits were taken in the backside. It would be difficult for anyone to support the cop in this case. Perhaps the guy did fight with him just prior, and perhaps he did even lose his taser in the process... but none of that would explain shots to a man in the back.

LongTermGuy
04-12-2015, 06:09 PM

*Listen carefully Noir..."Savages" come in many forms and color....Based on their actions and motives....act like a "Savage" one will be called a "Savage"....just the way it is....

***Don't go `twisting` things around and thinking people wont catch you....

jimnyc
04-12-2015, 06:11 PM

*Listen carefully Noir..."Savages" come in many forms and color....Based on their actions and motives....act like a "Savage" one will be called a "Savage"....just the way it is....

***Don't go `twisting` things around and thinking people wont catch you....

I often hear little things because I'll refer to so many as "thugs". But it all depends on the case. If someone is acting like a thug, killing like a thug, they get labeled a thug. I've done so about both black and white, doesn't matter. But I don't run around calling black folks thugs, or any other race - to me it is defined by actions.

LongTermGuy
04-12-2015, 06:13 PM
I often hear little things because I'll refer to so many as "thugs". But it all depends on the case. If someone is acting like a thug, killing like a thug, they get labeled a thug. I've done so about both black and white, doesn't matter. But I don't run around calling black folks thugs, or any other race - to me it is defined by actions.

`Very easy and simple to comprehend for most.....same as I said above...

Jeff
04-13-2015, 07:09 AM

Maybe the white thugs have the sense to listen to the cops orders ? Not saying that is true but who knows. I do know many of my friends myself included felt the raft of corrupt cops many a times, but guess what, a white kid being beaten up doesn't sell. And yes we wern't killed but then again we wern't trying to kill the cop ( yes the story here it looks as though the cops did in fact commit murder) and no you or I can't say if the guy running was white whether he would or gotten the same treatment. But the fact is white people have had cops beat up on them just the same as blacks, but it doesn't sell.

Noir
04-13-2015, 07:32 AM
Maybe the white thugs have the sense to listen to the cops orders ? Not saying that is true but who knows.

If you don't think 14 out of 15 shows a trend, then nothing will convince you otherwise, i.e. You could never consider this a race issue, there must be an assumption that those killed did something to deserve it.

Since American cops are so intent on shooting citizens, the he first apparent step forward is 24hr recording body cameras on police, that they can not turn off. Only with proper scrutiny can these deaths be investigated.

Jeff
04-13-2015, 07:44 AM
If you don't think 14 out of 15 shows a trend, then nothing will convince you otherwise, i.e. You could never consider this a race issue, there must be an assumption that those killed did something to deserve it.

Since American cops are so intent on shooting citizens, the he first apparent step forward is 24hr recording body cameras on police, that they can not turn off. Only with proper scrutiny can these deaths be investigated.

I agree Noir, such as this last video it certainly looks like murder to me. As for the nothing convincing me otherwise, see you are at a great disadvantage, I live hear and see what goes on, first off in 99% of the cases the guys ( black, white, yellow or blue ) all have one thing in common, they are breaking the law, don't break the law and ya don't have issues with the cops. AS for what I said above, no doubt there is white thugs just the same as black but who is to say when the white thugs are told to freeze they don't do just that, in most all cases where the poor black guy was killed he resisted arrest. Now are there white cops that are racist, no doubt there is racism in some part in everything, but this is where you not living here hurts you, blacks are not only getting killed by the cops hell there is more black on black deaths than anything else, one only has to ride into the inner city to see the street corner thugs to know exactly what I am talking about, see 14 of 15 sounds great on paper but come watch what really goes on, and quite honestly I feel if you are so intent on looking at the situation with blinders on then there is nothing that convince you, but like I said one only has to walk through the inner city any weekend and they will see why the blacks are involved with the police so much more than any other race.

jimnyc
04-13-2015, 07:52 AM

Regardless of trends, perhaps it is due to many more running from police AND what the initial crime was prior. Someone running away with a gun in their hand is much different than someone running with an outstanding warrant. And total over time was 67% black, which shows this 'trend' not being much different. Not to mention, as you pointed out yourself, we don't even know how accurate these statistics are. AND it's possible that some of these police officers were black.

But before you run on with assuming every one is racist... Can you tell me specifically how many whites ran from cops in the past 10 years? What their crimes were? How many were shot? How many of the officers were black? How many black cops shot white people in the past 25 years? I understand that the media likes to push things when they see a good racial issue - but nothing beats cold hard facts and evidence.

Noir
04-13-2015, 07:58 AM
Regardless of trends, perhaps it is due to many more running from police AND what the initial crime was prior. Someone running away with a gun in their hand is much different than someone running with an outstanding warrant. And total over time was 67% black, which shows this 'trend' not being much different. Not to mention, as you pointed out yourself, we don't even know how accurate these statistics are. AND it's possible that some of these police officers were black.

But before you run on with assuming every one is racist... Can you tell me specifically how many whites ran from cops in the past 10 years? What their crimes were? How many were shot? How many of the officers were black? How many black cops shot white people in the past 25 years? I understand that the media likes to push things when they see a good racial issue - but nothing beats cold hard facts and evidence.

You can have fun getting those stats from american police forces. They don't consider statistics like 'how many citizens have been shot by officers' to be important enough to keep record of. I don't know what exactly your journalists are doing, and why police forces aren't being held to account for these omissions in important data, but hopefully the public interest raised in these most recent cases will have an impact on record keeping.

jimnyc
04-13-2015, 08:04 AM
You can have fun getting those stats from american police forces. They don't consider statistics like 'how many citizens have been shot by officers' to be important enough to keep record of. I don't know what exactly your journalists are doing, and why police forces aren't being held to account for these omissions in important data, but hopefully the public interest raised in these most recent cases will have an impact on record keeping.

So you can run with stats when it comes to black folks, but come up empty when it's white folks? Don't you wonder why it's one sided as such? Perhaps the media is slanted, as are others... But surely if you can find this info in order to proclaim racism - you can also find out about white perpetrators and black police, no? Or am I to believe that people were able to extrapolate information - but only one side was available?

Sorry, you can't declare too too much unless you have ALL the facts. And no doubt there are bad cops, from various races, and bad people running. No doubt the shootings need to be handled. But don't try saying 99% are racist (or 14 out of 15) when there are literally no true verifiable facts to backup ALL the data. Otherwise, you may come off as the media, and one who wants to instigate race issues, but of course only from one side.

Or you can point out specifics for the questions I asked over the past 25 years. :) Admitting you can't is admitting you can't say the same about blacks, fully. Nor percentages and such, without ALL of the data.

revelarts
04-13-2015, 08:07 AM
I agree Noir, such as this last video it certainly looks like murder to me. As for the nothing convincing me otherwise, see you are at a great disadvantage, I live hear and see what goes on, first off in 99% of the cases the guys ( black, white, yellow or blue ) all have one thing in common, they are breaking the law, don't break the law and ya don't have issues with the cops...
holy crap.
that's BS Jeff sorry. there enough items posted in the 'protect and serve' thread that shows clearly that that's not true.

Unless you mean if you have a broken tail light, or someone tells the cops your house has drugs, or your black walking down the st in NYC, or you used to sell unlicensed smokes, or you didn't pull to side of the road fast enough, or you didn't respect there athoritah etc etc..

Only if you consider all of those things as "breaking the law" then whatever cops do is completely justified.

jimnyc
04-13-2015, 08:09 AM
Also, Noir, if we can take stats and run with them...

However, even the incomplete figures gathered by the government tell us that Medved could be partially correct and still ignore a huge piece of the picture. Yes, more whites than blacks die as a result of an encounter with police, but whites also represent a much bigger chunk of the total population.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention keeps data on fatal injuries from 1999 to 2011 and one category is homicides by legal intervention. The term "legal intervention" covers any situation when a person dies at the hands of anyone authorized to use deadly force in the line of duty.

Over the span of more than a decade, 2,151 whites died by being shot by police compared to 1,130 blacks. In that respect, Medved is correct.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/aug/21/michael-medved/talk-show-host-police-kill-more-whites-blacks/

Noir
04-13-2015, 08:28 AM
Also, Noir, if we can take stats and run with them...

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/aug/21/michael-medved/talk-show-host-police-kill-more-whites-blacks/

Ofcourse the police kill more whites than blacks...because (as you quoted in you post) of the racial composition of the population.
Total killed - 3281. Of which 2151 were white, and 1130 black.
Racial composition of America is roughly 78% white, and 13% black.
Blacks make up 13% of the population, and 34% of the deaths.

jimnyc
04-13-2015, 08:57 AM
Ofcourse the police kill more whites than blacks...because (as you quoted in you post) of the racial composition of the population.

And if 67% of those being shot are black - then it's not 14 out of 15 over time. Blacks also make up a HUGE portion of the jail system, and I'll guarantee you that the extreme overwhelming majority committed crimes to get there. Same as why we need to know WHY these black people were shot, what they did, why they ran. Otherwise, I suppose I could assume that black cops that shot white people, did so because of race?

My point is, you're running with this like American media - cherry picked, unverified, incomplete data - which only serves to instigate the racial issues further.

red state
04-13-2015, 10:14 AM
Noir and Rev need to pull off the blinders.....Yes your stats look good (IF) you also consider the stats you omitted or aren't aware of regarding high percentage of crime actually committed by the low(ER) percentage of non-white offenders. Even if half of the prison's population were innocent, the non-whites in prison would still overwhelmingly out-number the whites. Blinders guys....blinders. Need to take them off and even tho REV has his dark glasses down to some degree, he is still missing the picture.

And REV, you know that I am with you on much of the 'cop things' but when you get on these tangents, you go WAY overboard. It is clear that the crappy cop murdered that guy (who was not just 'harassed' over a broken tail light). He had outstanding warrants, owed child support and....well, you get the picture. On the other hand, MOST of us on this forum, who are conservative, have always called it like we see it and have most always been 100% correct. You and I stood together and alone on some issues such as the Boston Bombing thread when many of the others were WRONG, Wrong, wrong and so easily forget Katrina and Kansas but you are driving in the ditch on these kinds of threads and although I'd like to side with you more, I simply have to let you know that I can't side with you on these tangents because you and Noir are wrong and the very reason the thread was created.

Bottom Line:

We need less cops/gov.
more rights (more GUNS)
fewer crybabies over skin TONEs.

I PROTECT and SERVE my own wife....others need not apply!

PERIOD!

Perianne
04-13-2015, 02:36 PM

People who do not live in America cannot understand the temperament of American blacks. While most black people are good, law abiding citizens, there is a group (mostly younger) that thinks they should be able to do any darned thing they want to do. It is the mindset of young blacks that gets them in trouble, not our racist laws and cops.

Jeff
04-13-2015, 02:48 PM
holy crap.
that's BS Jeff sorry. there enough items posted in the 'protect and serve' thread that shows clearly that that's not true.

Unless you mean if you have a broken tail light, or someone tells the cops your house has drugs, or your black walking down the st in NYC, or you used to sell unlicensed smokes, or you didn't pull to side of the road fast enough, or you didn't respect there athoritah etc etc..

Only if you consider all of those things as "breaking the law" then whatever cops do is completely justified.

Rev you honestly believe that the poor black males are all being picked on ??

Is there corruption yes that is very true and needs to be fixed, but is it just against the poor black males, NO many folks ( of all colors ) have been the victim of police brutality. But for the most part all have one thing in common, they where breaking the law. Now yes we can cherry pick cases that look like they are picking on one particular race ( and don't get me wrong I know in some cases it does happen ) But no Rev the cops don't leave the station house at night with orders to just go harass poor young black males. And in some of these cases ( not all ) these folks that are doing something that is just barley breaking the law then resist, refuse to follow orders ect...

Trigg
04-13-2015, 03:48 PM

Just out of curiosity did those stats include the race of the police officer involved in the shooting????? Or are you just assuming they're white?

BTW I am fully in favor of body cameras for the police, it would not only keep them honest, but show what it is really like out there for inner city police.

Perianne
04-13-2015, 04:27 PM
More racial crap:

A black Circuit Court Judge in Louisville, KY prompted outrage after he expressed racial solidarity with an armed black home invader and chastised the victims. In 2013, two black males stormed into the home of a white family and terrorized them at gun point.

Judge Olu Stevens was handling a sentencing hearing for Gregory Wallace, one of the two perpetrators. The family made a victim impact statement about the trauma that had been inflicted on their daughter, who was three years old at the time. The family testified that two years later, she is still terrified of black males.

Judge Olu Stevens, who is black, then chastised the victims and expressed racial solidarity with the confessed perpetrator. The judge suggested that it was the fault of the victims that their daughter was afraid of black males. Then he refused to sentenced the violent gunman to prison. Stevens would only sentence the thug to probation, so he can potentially victimize many more people.

Stevens said the white victims were fostering negative stereotypes about black males and that the violent home invader “deserved a second chance.” Stevens said he was “deeply offended” by testimony given by the white victims.

http://conservative-headlines.com/2015/04/shock-as-black-judge-expresses-racial-solidarity-with-black-home-invader/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-13-2015, 05:07 PM

There are literally people on this website that refer to black people as 'savages',
^^^^^^ Cry me a river dude..
Act like savage get called a savage, act like a thug get called a thug, act like a criminal get called a criminal, act like a jerk get called a jerk, act like an
asshole get called an asshole. Its just that simple, we conservatives call it just like we see it. What we do not do is the PC SHIT !
By the way, those names apply due to behavior and bad character not skin pigmentation.
You should give it a try sometimes as there is a single word for it.
Here is that word since most likely you in your liberal world haven't a clue..
TRUTH.

You can thank me later for generously taking the time to share with you and enlighten you as a public service to my fellow man..
And just think, I do not charge a penny ..- ;)-Tyr

Perianne
04-13-2015, 05:16 PM
^^^^^^ Cry me a river dude..
Act like savage get called a savage, act like a thug get called a thug, act like a criminal get called a criminal, act like a jerk get called a jerk, act like an
asshole get called an asshole. Its just that simple, we conservatives call it just like we see it. What we do not do is the PC SHIT !
By the way, those names apply due to behavior and bad character not skin pigmentation.
You should give it a try sometimes as there is a single word for it.
Here is that word since most likely you in your liberal world haven't a clue..
TRUTH.

You can thank me later for generously taking the time to share with you and enlighten you as a public service to my fellow man..
And just think, I do not charge a penny ..- ;)-Tyr

lol

fj1200
04-15-2015, 01:27 PM

But it's likely not about race. It's likely about socioeconomic factors as detailed in previous threads.

TRUTH.

You don't particularly care about that word.

aboutime
04-15-2015, 04:07 PM
But it's likely not about race. It's likely about socioeconomic factors as detailed in previous threads.

Perhaps fj and Noir would like to explain WHY the Intentional Avoidance of the real statistics based on BLACK on BLACK murders, crime, and incarceration...caused by Blacks. Nothing Socioeconomic about BLACK HATRED based on Pure STUPIDITY there.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-15-2015, 04:33 PM

I care enough about TRUTH to have suffered most my life by being far, far too truthful regardless of the costs. Unlike the members here that cry out -RACISM- when Ive used FBI CRIME STATS on black crime rates etc. to debunk their stupidity and bias, such as both you and logroller did in the past.

So do tell why and how I "care not about Truth" (your accusation-you own it) when you can not show even a single lie that I've posted here in my over 14,000 posts. -Tyr

Perianne
04-15-2015, 04:45 PM
So do tell why and how I "care not about Truth" (your accusation-you own it) when you can not show even a single lie that I've posted here in my over 14,000 posts. -Tyr

Everyone knows you lie all the time. All of your 14,000+ posts are nothing but lies. If I ever see you in person I will beat you up and leave you crying on the floor. You dirty rotten liar!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tyr, you know I jest.

aboutime
04-15-2015, 05:02 PM
I care enough about TRUTH to have suffered most my life by being far, far too truthful regardless of the costs. Unlike the members here that cry out -RACISM- when Ive used FBI CRIME STATS on black crime rates etc. to debunk their stupidity and bias, such as both you and logroller did in the past.

Tyr. "Remember, in this case, and telling Only the Truth. You are not alone, and there IS strength in Numbers. Some people who must always deny the Truth...Are usually ALONE, and their only strength is in THEIR Lies." (a quote by aboutime)

fj1200
04-15-2015, 06:27 PM

You're right, I do own it. And no, you don't care about truth, you care about advancing your version of "truth." I've posted multiple times on the realities of those crime stats and you disappear only to reappear spouting the same old line. But that's what you're good at, spouting the same old line.

EDIT:

But no, neither log nor I stated you were a racist because you used FBI crime stats.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-15-2015, 06:50 PM
You're right, I do own it. And no, you don't care about truth, you care about advancing your version of "truth." I've posted multiple times on the realities of those crime stats and you disappear only to reappear spouting the same old line. But that's what you're good at, spouting the same old line.

EDIT:

But no, neither log nor I stated you were a racist because you used FBI crime stats.

Take it to the cage if you want me to comment further. . I do not want to derail this thread any more than has already been done with your first reply making the false accusation. -Tyr

jon_forward
04-16-2015, 01:31 AM
IMHO I believe that all Police dept's as a whole have been for lack of a better word, made into a Military organization based on the premise of profit. Most Dept's get a major cut of seized property,assets and cash. Instead of using the funds for day to day op's the use the money to purchase more equipment, armored cars, bigger and badder firearms and the like. This style of law enforcement only feeds on itself, they want more toys so they encroach on all of our rights, including their mistaken belief that they as officers of the Law are above the very law the are entrusted to enforce. anyone else see this as being a problem or is it just me that see's the Government getting more powerful and stronger even at the local level. Maybe I should have started a new thread.

Jeff
04-16-2015, 06:38 AM
IMHO I believe that all Police dept's as a whole have been for lack of a better word, made into a Military organization based on the premise of profit. Most Dept's get a major cut of seized property,assets and cash. Instead of using the funds for day to day op's the use the money to purchase more equipment, armored cars, bigger and badder firearms and the like. This style of law enforcement only feeds on itself, they want more toys so they encroach on all of our rights, including their mistaken belief that they as officers of the Law are above the very law the are entrusted to enforce. anyone else see this as being a problem or is it just me that see's the Government getting more powerful and stronger even at the local level. Maybe I should have started a new thread.

I agree with you 100% For the last few years the police have been going in this direction and yes they are much more like a military squad than a police force, I guess time will tell but I don't believe any good will come out of it.

I use to have a picture that showed a cop from say 20 years ago, looking like the neighborhood police officer and along side was a picture of today's cop's, riding in a personal carrier with camo on and carrying military style rifles. yes times are sure changing.

fj1200
04-16-2015, 01:34 PM
Take it to the cage if you want me to comment further. . I do not want to derail this thread any more than has already been done with your first reply making the false accusation. -Tyr

I don't need to take anything to the cage. I followed up on my point, you're free to ignore at your leisure. You could also prove out your assertion below.

Unlike the members here that cry out -RACISM- when Ive used FBI CRIME STATS on black crime rates etc. to debunk their stupidity and bias, such as both you and logroller did in the past.

I'm guessing that you are either lying or wrong. But I'm happy to concede that you were correct if you're able to find the link. :)

Gunny
04-16-2015, 01:42 PM

No, your question makes it a race issue.

So let's go there. I watch these forensics shows and cop shows as a religion. Why, by percentage, are blacks always the damned criminals? Maybe if we had more white carjackers, rapists and thugs it would suit your politically correct yet skewed mindset? Or maybe we should just make all police forces black?

Here's a solution; albeit, a scary one for people like you: don't be a criminal. Nothing racist about THAT at all.

Next clue: don't fight with cops. They ALWAYS win no matter how wrong they may be and/or how right you think you are. It's THAT simple. They'll call out the entire police force on a jaywalker fighting them.

While you're researching, be sure and check out the San Antonio stats. Most of the cops there are Hispanic. So is it racist when a Mexican shoots a black? Or a Mexican? NO. It's only racist if the cop is white.

Back to my OP ... idiot cop commits murder. THAT simple.

Gunny
04-16-2015, 01:50 PM

Let's play stats. You can start by looking up the percentage of blacks that live in the US. From there, what percentage of those blacks always get busted for dumbass shit?

Then you can do the same with whites.

And DO try using stats rather than mainstream media, sensationalzed OpEd crap.

I suppose the color of those three beyond losers who raped an unconscious girl on Panama City Beach was different than black? But THAT's not that bad nor worthy of Al Sharpton's time because it was a black on black crime. Right?

Like I said ... don't be a criminal. Best way to not get shot by a cop.

Gunny
04-16-2015, 02:02 PM

What trend does it show though? That the dumb criminals who think they're above the law in the first place and can even run away and not get caught come from one segment of society? Minorities in this country use "racism" as weapon, as you do, to deflect from the actual facts and the media plays right along.

Your statements prove your ignorance.