PDA

View Full Version : 13 years ago today

jimnyc
06-29-2007, 04:08 PM
I had woken up for my 4th day in the West Indies, and I only had to walk about 25 feet to get to the beach. Of course I stopped for a drink of some sort on the way that was filled with rum (and it was only about 10am!). You couldn't go very far without having rum jammed down your throat for free. And it was free as it was an all exclusive Sandals resort in St. Lucia.

Went to the lounge area afterwards and played a bit of pool with the locals I made friends with, and shared some rum. Then we went into the pool and swam up to the 'pool bar' and played some drinking game. Then I nearly drowned in the 3 feet of water while making my way over to the jacuzzi. After soaking for about a half an hour I realized it was time to shower up. Went back to the room, took a shower, put on my finest suit - and went and met my destiny with hell.

That's right, I got married in the afternoon that day in St. Lucia.

jimnyc
06-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Oh man, memories! I'll never forget that evening, even though I did before the night was out.

Of course we shared some special time together after the ceremony, and our obligatory dance to "All I ask of you".

We went to a special dinner, that only us 2 had access to. It was out on the pier at the seafood restaurant, but sort of behind the restaurant away from all the other guests. Although our table was dimly lit, they had a spotlight on the water and you could watch all the exotic fish swimming around.

Afterwards it was off to the outdoor entertainment center for some music and fun. As you can imagine, after drinking for about 12 hours I was pretty wasted. That's when my best man, Josiah, invited me across the street with a few others to where the housing was for the employees. There were 3 of us, and he showed me the monster balcony they had overlooking the beach. He lit up and said "congrats", and proceeded to pass around between the 3 of us perhaps the largest joint I've ever seen in my life! And it was also something I never had here in the States. All I know is that we finished, then I proceeded to stare out at the water and share some messed up stories with these guys. They were probably laughing at the crazy white guy! After being there for about 2 hours, Josiah looked up at me suddenly, and in the West Indies accent said "Hey mon, didn't you get married today? Aren't you going to be in trouble?" Shit, I was so annihilated that I forgot where I was, who I was, or the time!

Thankfully, she was extremely nice about it when I got back. I probably should have been shot on my first night of marriage! :laugh2:

darin
06-29-2007, 04:25 PM
I didn't know St Lucia allowed same-sex marriages back more than a decade ago!

:D

Abbey Marie
06-29-2007, 05:00 PM
We went to a special dinner, that only us 2 had access to. It was out on the pier at the seafood restaurant, but sort of behind the restaurant away from all the other guests. Although our table was dimly lit, they had a spotlight on the water and you could watch all the exotic fish swimming around.

Thats sounds like the most romantic dinner ever! Eating a great meal, and drinking some wine outdoors, near the ocean (?), is perfection.

jimnyc
06-29-2007, 05:08 PM
I didn't know St Lucia allowed same-sex marriages back more than a decade ago!

:D

Bastard!

I should have just stayed in bed today though. I got all done up and ready to do something tonight, even though we had no specific plans, and we have our son around to get in the way.

Mind you, she stays in NYC till 8-11pm 5days per week. She's one of those that is in LOVE with her career. Anyway, she comes home, and I say "Happy Anniversary" to her, and get a snide remark in return. She asks what I want from Boston Market and gets a pad ready. I tell her "Let's all go together". She says she's too tired. She then tries to get me to go, and again I try to get her to go as a "family". About 1/4 mile away from BM is a yearly fair they have that starts tonight. I thought we could spend some time as a family, enjoy the fair food, watch the boy have some fun and call it a night. Nothing big, but as a family. She refused to even be in the same car to go get dinner. It was either she goes, or I go. Then she said she had a rough week at work and was going to sleep right after dinner. She should have just stayed in the city if she was going to come home and make me feel like dirt. I shouldn't have expected anything more, my bad.

My Bday is sunday, and I'll be out somewhere, regardless of what I'll be doing. I'll be damned if I'll be around here to be ignored, and slink further into my little hole of oblivion.

Anyone got any good narcotics or alcohol they'd like to share? :)

jimnyc
06-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Thats sounds like the most romantic dinner ever! Eating a great meal, and drinking some wine outdoors, near the ocean (?), is perfection.

At the time, I felt the same way. We were lost in one another and the environment surrounding us.

One of us has slowly drifted away ever since, and it wasn't me!

Oh well, gonna pop some xanax and ambien (nothing else good to buzz on and too lazy to go to a bar. I make my own cocktails. LOL