PDA

View Full Version : "Liberal Forum" Thoughts on Slavery from the past....`

LongTermGuy
04-11-2015, 02:30 PM
"Liberal Forum"

~ "Blacks Should Be Thankful For Slavery And Embrace Our Slavery Past!" ~

Cassie

~ "Lets see slavery ended 150 years ago and the blacks are still angry today and they couldn't be more wrong and misguided.

The descendants of our plantation heritage should be thankful for their ancestors bondage.

Why they should be thankful ? well because if it were not for Americas slavery past these same angry African Americans today would still be in Africa suffering from starvation,disease, and possibly living in a tribal manner as is still common in many parts of Africa even today

Our Slavery past has given modern African Americans the privilege of living in America where they are living a life of luxury as compared to their third world counterparts in Africa.

Our slavery past was the best possible thing that ever could have ever happened to modern blacks therefore I demand they start embracing our slave past and blacks in America should start being thankful instead of bitter and always demanding reparations." ~

LongTermGuy
04-11-2015, 03:39 PM
`Interesting comments all around....

From JIm:

~ "From an old article by Fred Reed:
Permit me a revisionist view of slavery.
I suggest that blacks ought to be grateful that their faster ancestors caught their slower ancestors -- which is exactly what happened -- and sold them to the slavers. American blacks would otherwise be somewhere on the Slave Coast of Africa, barefoot, illiterate, blankly ignorant, wearing loincloths, living in stick huts that would give Eeyore the willies, and shuddering with malaria. That's what Africa is: primitive, hopeless, godawful. I've been in Masai hutments, spent time in the outback of Cuando Cubango. It's not Stone Age. It's more like Stick Age. No country in Africa today comes close, or ever has, to the culture of Fifth Century Athens, 2500 years ago.
Yes, slavery was brutal and ugly. It was, however, hard on the slaves, not on today's blacks. Slavery brought our blacks into contact with a vastly superior civilization from which they benefit enormously, and without the slightest gratitude. Everything blacks enjoy in this country today -- air-conditioning, writing, automobiles, television, medicine, welfare, medicine, everything -- they enjoy only because they were brought here. Further, they have contributed almost nothing to the industrial and technological flowering that has provided the benefits they enjoy.
I begrudge them none of this. I am, however, tired of endlessly being blamed for their problems." ~

And then there's this: http://www.israelect....in/SLAVE-1.htm (http://www.israelect.com/reference/WillieMartin/SLAVE-1.htm)

And this:
THE IRISH SLAVES At the beginni - RHETTA AKAMATSU.com (http://www.rhettaakamatsu.com/irishslaves.htm)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-11-2015, 03:56 PM
My friend, best way to get maligned, falsely accused and spit upon is to present truth and evidence of the hypocrisy of the libs/leftists.
Racism charge is a great weapon in their arsenal they'll never let it be put under a shining light.
Playing that damn race card and falsely accusing their political opposition is like machine gunning fish in a barrel.
Step wisely amigo, this is quicksand with a mounted gun pointed over it.. Just sayin'..
It'll not ever change my opinion and respect for you but has been known to do so with others quite readily, no matter who the intended victim is!-Tyr

revelarts
04-11-2015, 04:42 PM
those kooky liberals sure say some weird stuff.

sarcasm alert>
But sure people should never bring up historical facts. Everyone should only ever be thankful for being in AMERICA
:salute: and never complain.

And the Jews should be thankful for the holocaust because it brought so many of them to America as well. As least those that FDR allowed in. They should stop telling everyone "never forget", those angry ungrateful Jews are wrong. It was almost 100 years ago, always talking about Hilter, or some other even older anti-Jewish european historical atrocities. it was all long ago. It's all in the past, long ago, forget about it. they should just never speak of it. the terrible things done to their ancestors and families, especially if a German -proud of his heritage- is nearby. And btw the Swaskitka is not really about hate it's about heritage. And anyway what about the treaty of versailles, and Dresden, and the American Nazi party and American Eugenics and the american businesses that funded Hitler, no one ever talks about that!!

And the native Americans should never bring up the fact that they were nearly wiped out. Or ever talk about the various massacres, or all the land stolen from them, or the ridiculous number of broken treaties. They should ONLY every be thankful that they still live and America
:salute:.
That stuff all happened a long time ago, and they even have special gov't benefits now and THAT'S not FAIR!
Plus plus they still have some reservation land... unless "we" need the water there of course.

But we should never forget the details of what the framers did before during and after the the American Revolution. (it's NOT to far in the past to remember that.)
And southerners SHOULD remember all the details of confederate seccession and the confederacy, And how terribly the north treated the south, and how horribly selfish and corrupt Lincoln was, we should remember every detail about the northern aggression. And complain bitterly for every time the subject is brought up.
And wish we lived in the Confederate States of America INSTEAD OF the U.S.A.

BUT everyone else should just be thankful that they live in America... and never complain.

tailfins
04-11-2015, 04:52 PM

sarcasm alert>
But sure people should never bring up historical facts. Everyone should only ever be thankful for being in AMERICA

And the Jews should be thankful for the holocaust because it brought so many of them to America as well. As least those that FDR allowed in. They should stop telling everyone "never forget", those angry ungrateful Jews are wrong. It was almost 100 years ago, always talking about Hilter, or some other even older anti-Jewish european historical atrocities. it was all long ago. It's all in the past, long ago, forget about it. they should just never speak of it. the terrible things done to their ancestors and families, especially if a German -proud of his heritage- is nearby. And btw the Swaskitka is not really about hate it's about heritage. And anyway what about the treaty of versailles, and Dresden, and the American Nazi party and American Eugenics and the american businesses that funded Hitler, no one ever talks about that!!

And the native Americans should never bring up the fact that they were nearly wiped out. Or ever talk about the various massacres, or all the land stolen from them, or the ridiculous number of broken treaties. They should ONLY every be thankful that they still live and America
That stuff all happened a long time ago, and they even have special gov't benefits now and THAT'S not FAIR!
Plus plus they still have some reservation land... unless "we" need the water there of course.

But we should never forget the details of what the framers did before during and after the the American Revolution. (it's NOT to far in the past to remember that.)
And southerners SHOULD remember all the details of confederate seccession and the confederacy, And how terribly the north treated the south, and how horribly selfish and corrupt Lincoln was, we should remember every detail about the northern aggression. And complain bitterly for every time the subject is brought up.

BUT everyone else should just be thankful that they live in America... and never complain.

The problem with your analysis, sarcasm duly noted, is that information of this type is often pushed as a lever to get something for nothing. The conclusion is often: PAY ME!!!

revelarts
04-11-2015, 05:28 PM
The problem with your analysis, sarcasm duly noted, is that information of this type is often pushed as a lever to get something for nothing. The conclusion is often: PAY ME!!!

So no one should bring up historical issues because someone in the crowd might ask for dollar?
If i'm reading Gunny right he complained a bit that slavery is brought up, because it's used to make southerners look bad and ".. maybe we need to move on 180 years later?"

But were just talking here, did I ask for money?
I was just pointing out some historical facts. Did I ever say the southerners were evil and the north were great. or Lincoln was an angel?

it just seems to me each one of those replies is a bit of a dodge to the facts history.
It seems that some Americans just don't like it brought up, period. whether on not it's accompanied with request for money or regional or ethnic attacks.
We' were just talking about the presidents and got off on Lincoln and slavery and people started getting defensive and wanting not to hear it it seems.

But to you point in general, if the Jews asked for reparations after the war, that's certainly not out of line.
Would the 1st or 2nd generation of former slaves have been out of line to expect some compensation?
Would native americans whose land had been stolen, parents killed or just recently had a treaty broken by the U.S. gov't have been some how out of line to try and get some compensation for their losses?

At this late date it's unreasonable, but the concept is fair isn't it?

LongTermGuy
04-11-2015, 05:43 PM
`Glad everyone is enjoying the thread....one might consider registering on that site to counteract comments made from members there...and of course continue posting here...from what I see there seems to be a mixture of folks there and Political differences... `

Gunny
04-11-2015, 06:59 PM
I'm just curious as to why a name works on Americans. Taxpayers are as much slaves as anyone ever was here and we live under the watch of the Gestapo. The political parties do a damned good job keeping our eyes off the real prize ... freedom.

revelarts
04-11-2015, 07:06 PM
I'm just curious as to why a name works on Americans. Taxpayers are as much slaves as anyone ever was here and we live under the watch of the Gestapo. The political parties do a damned good job keeping our eyes off the real prize ... freedom.

while i'm one of the 1st in line to complain about U.S gov't anti-freedom actions.
I have to say, thank God, we all are a Looooong way from being like slaves from 1611-1865 U.S..

would you trade places Gunny?
Take your family -parents, wife and kids- back and live as a black family on a Mississippi plantation with a "good" master?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-11-2015, 08:49 PM

sarcasm alert>

And southerners SHOULD remember all the details of confederate seccession and the confederacy, And how terribly the north treated the south, and how horribly selfish and corrupt Lincoln was, we should remember every detail about the northern aggression.

^^^ Well, at least you got one part right... ;)--Tyr

Gunny
04-11-2015, 10:44 PM
while i'm one of the 1st in line to complain about U.S gov't anti-freedom actions.
I have to say, thank God, we all are a Looooong way from being like slaves from 1611-1865 U.S..

Take your family -parents, wife and kids- back and live as a black family on a Mississippi plantation with a "good" master?

What's the difference? We're well-fed cattle.

LongTermGuy
04-11-2015, 11:12 PM

Most slaves were treated well and were considered an investment at the time...why would one hurt their investment? Many were also paid and treated very well...That black family you speak of in your example would of been much better off in the south than in Africa...which by the way has not evolved much since...

jimnyc
04-12-2015, 06:57 AM
I removed the link from the OP. It's kind of an unwritten rule that we don't allow linking back and forth between political boards. Generally speaking, that's a recipe for board wars. It's very easy for another site to realize that others have linked to their site as it shows in the stats. I think this one isn't harmful, but just to remain consistent...

revelarts
04-12-2015, 07:16 AM
Gunny LTG um,
I don't think i have a reply to your comments.... at least one that'd you'd embrace.

I'm just putting this out there as an FYI.
from the autobio of Fredrick Douglas.

....The experience of Frederick Douglass, as a slave, was not a peculiar one; his lot was not especially a hard one; his case may be regarded as a very fair specimen of the treatment of slaves in Maryland, in which State it is conceded that they are better fed and less cruelly treated than in Georgia, Alabama, or Louisiana. Many have suffered incomparably more, while very few on the plantations have suffered less, than himself. ...

...This was the great business place. It was the seat of government for the whole twenty farms. All disputes among the overseers were settled here. If a slave was convicted of any high misdemeanor, became unmanageable, or evinced a determination to run away, he was brought immediately here, severely whipped, put on board the sloop, carried to Baltimore, and sold to Austin Woolfolk, or some other slave-trader, as a warning to the slaves remaining. Here, too, the slaves of all the other farms received their monthly allowance of food, and their yearly clothing. The men and women slaves received, as their monthly allowance of food, eight pounds of pork, or its equivalent in fish, and one bushel of corn meal. Their yearly clothing consisted of two coarse linen shirts, one pair of linen trousers, like the shirts, one jacket, one pair of trousers for winter, made of coarse negro cloth, one pair of stockings, and one pair of shoes; the whole of which could not have cost more than seven dollars. The allowance of the slave children was given to their mothers, or the old women having the care of them. The children unable to work in the field had neither shoes, stockings, jackets, nor trousers, given to them; their clothing consisted of two coarse linen shirts per year. When these failed them, they went naked until the next allowance-day. Children from seven to ten years old, of both sexes, almost naked, might be seen at all seasons of the year.[/FONT]
There were no beds given the slaves, unless one coarse blanket be considered such, and none but the men and women had these. This, however, is not considered a very great privation. They find less difficulty from the want of beds, than from the want of time to sleep; for when their day's work in the field is done, the most of them having their washing, mending, and cooking to do, and having few or none of the ordinary facilities for doing either of these, very many of their sleeping hours are consumed in preparing for the field the coming day; and when this is done, old and young, male and female, married and single, drop down side by side, on one common bed,—the cold, damp floor,—each covering himself or herself with their miserable blankets; and here they sleep till they are summoned to the field by the driver's horn. At the sound of this, all must rise, and be off to the field. There must be no halting; every one must be at his or her post; and woe betides them who hear not this morning summons to the field; for if they are not awakened by the sense of hearing, they are by the sense of feeling: no age nor sex finds any favor. Mr. Severe, the overseer, used to stand by the door of the quarter, armed with a large hickory stick and heavy cowskin, ready to whip any one who was so unfortunate as not to hear, or, from any other cause, was prevented from being ready to start for the field at the sound of the horn.
Mr. Severe was rightly named: he was a cruel man. I have seen him whip a woman, causing the blood to run half an hour at the time; and this, too, in the midst of her crying children, pleading for their mother's release. He seemed to take pleasure in manifesting his fiendish barbarity. Added to his cruelty, he was a profane swearer. It was enough to chill the blood and stiffen the hair of an ordinary man to hear him talk. Scarce a sentence escaped him but that was commenced or concluded by some horrid oath. The field was the place to witness his cruelty and profanity. His presence made it both the field of blood and of blasphemy. From the rising till the going down of the sun, he was cursing, raving, cutting, and slashing among the slaves of the field, in the most frightful manner. His career was short. He died very soon after I went to Colonel Lloyd's; and he died as he lived, uttering, with his dying groans, bitter curses and horrid oaths. His death was regarded by the slaves as the result of a merciful providence.
Mr. Severe's place was filled by a Mr. Hopkins. He was a very different man. He was less cruel, less profane, and made less noise, than Mr. Severe. His course was characterized by no extraordinary demonstrations of cruelty. He whipped, but seemed to take no pleasure in it. He was called by the slaves a good overseer....

...Colonel Lloyd also has an impressive stable with horsesand carriages. The stable is run by two slaves, a father and sonnamed old Barney and young Barney. The Colonel is picky about hishorses and often whips both men for minute faults in the horsesthat even they themselves cannot even control. Despite the injusticeof this system, the slaves can never complain. Colonel Lloyd insiststhat his slaves stand silent and afraid while he speaks and thatthey receive punishment without comment. Douglass recalls seeingold Barney kneel on the ground and receive more than thirty lashes.The whippings are often performed by one of the Colonel’s threesons or by one of his three sons‑in‑law.
To describe the wealth of Colonel Lloyd would be almost equal to describing the riches of Job. He kept from ten to fifteen house-servants. He was said to own a thousand slaves, and I think this estimate quite within the truth. Colonel Lloyd owned so many that he did not know them when he saw them; nor did all the slaves of the out-farms know him. It is reported of him, that, while riding along the road one day, he met a colored man, and addressed him in the usual manner of speaking to colored people on the public highways of the south: "Well, boy, whom do you belong to?" "To Colonel Lloyd," replied the slave. "Well, does the colonel treat you well?" "No, sir," was the ready reply. "What, does he work you too hard?" "Yes, sir." "Well, don't he give you enough to eat?" "Yes, sir, he gives me enough, such as it is."
The colonel, after ascertaining where the slave belonged, rode on; the man also went on about his business, not dreaming that he had been conversing with his master. He thought, said, and heard nothing more of the matter, until two or three weeks afterwards. The poor man was then informed by his overseer that, for having found fault with his master, he was now to be sold to a Georgia trader. He was immediately chained and handcuffed; and thus, without a moment's warning, he was snatched away, and forever sundered, from his family and friends, by a hand more unrelenting than death. This is the penalty of telling the truth, of telling the simple truth, in answer to a series of plain questions...

...it is partly in consequence of such facts, that slaves, when inquired of as to their condition and the character of their masters, almost universally say they are contented, and that their masters are kind. The slaveholders have been known to send in spies among their slaves, to ascertain their views and feelings in regard to their condition. The frequency of this has had the effect to establish among the slaves the maxim, that a still tongue makes a wise head. They suppress the truth rather than take the consequences of telling it, and in so doing prove themselves a part of the human family. If they have any thing to say of their masters, it is generally in their masters' favor, especially when speaking to an untried man. I have been frequently asked, when a slave, if I had a kind master, and do not remember ever to have given a negative answer; nor did I, in pursuing this course, consider myself as uttering what was absolutely false; for I always measured the kindness of my master by the standard of kindness set up among slaveholders around us. Moreover, slaves are like other people, and imbibe prejudices quite common to others. They think their own better than that of others. Many, under the influence of this prejudice, think their own masters are better than the masters of other slaves; and this, too, in some cases, when the very reverse is true....

...In a very short time after I went to live at Baltimore, my old master's youngest son Richard died; and in about three years and six months after his death, my old master, Captain Anthony, died, leaving only his son, Andrew, and daughter, Lucretia, to share his estate. He died while on a visit to see his daughter at Hillsborough. Cut off thus unexpectedly, he left no will as to the disposal of his property. It was therefore necessary to have a valuation of the property, that it might be equally divided between Mrs. Lucretia and Master Andrew. I was immediately sent for, to be valued with the other property. Here again my feelings rose up in detestation of slavery. ...
After the valuation, then came the division. I have no language to express the high excitement and deep anxiety which were felt among us poor slaves during this time. Our fate for life was now to be decided. we had no more voice in that decision than the brutes among whom we were ranked. A single word from the white men was enough—against all our wishes, prayers, and entreaties—to sunder forever the dearest friends, dearest kindred, and strongest ties known to human beings. In addition to the pain of separation, there was the horrid dread of falling into the hands of Master Andrew. He was known to us all as being a most cruel wretch,—a common drunkard, who had, by his reckless mismanagement and profligate dissipation, already wasted a large portion of his father's property. We all felt that we might as well be sold at once to the Georgia traders, as to pass into his hands; for we knew that that would be our inevitable condition,—a condition held by us all in the utmost horror and dread.
I suffered more anxiety than most of my fellow-slaves. I had known what it was to be kindly treated; they had known nothing of the kind. They had seen little or nothing of the world. They were in very deed men and women of sorrow, and acquainted with grief. Their backs had been made familiar with the bloody lash, so that they had become callous; mine was yet tender; for while at Baltimore I got few whippings, and few slaves could boast of a kinder master and mistress than myself; and the thought of passing out of their hands into those of Master Andrew—a man who, but a few days before, to give me a sample of his bloody disposition, took my little brother by the throat, threw him on the ground, and with the heel of his boot stamped upon his head till the blood gushed from his nose and ears—was well calculated to make me anxious as to my fate. After he had committed this savage outrage upon my brother, he turned to me, and said that was the way he meant to serve me one of these days,—meaning, I suppose, when I came into his possession....

"...We were all ranked together at the valuation. Men and women, old and young, married and single, were ranked with horses, sheep, and swine. There were horses and men, cattle and women, pigs and children, all holding the same rank in the scale of being, and were all subjected to the same narrow examination. Silvery-headed age and sprightly youth, maids and matrons, had to undergo the same indelicate inspection. At this moment, I saw more clearly than ever the brutalizing effects of slavery upon both slave and slaveholder...."

revelarts
04-12-2015, 07:39 AM
Dairy excerpt s from a slave owner

Background on Bennet H. Barrow and his PlantationSource: Edwin Adam Davis, Plantation Life in the Florida Parishes ofLouisiana, 1836-1846, AMS Press, New York, 1967.
The father of Bennet H. Barrow migrated from North Carolina at theend of the 1790's to the area of Louisiana east of the Mississippi calledNueva Feliciana. This was wilderness being converted into farmland.
Bennet, the youngest son, was born in 1811. After being tutored athome until his twelfth year he was taken to Washington, D.C. to completehis education. His father died when Bennet was nineteen and Bennet tookover management of a major section of the family plantation. Bennet'sshare was roughly 1500 acres and included the family mansion.
Bennet Barrow prided himself upon being an efficient manager. He composeda formal set of rules (http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/watkins/barrow.htm#RULES) for the operation of the plantation.Barrow was constantly in debt, in part, because of his land deals. He alsohad some debts due to endorsing (co-signing) of notes for the borrowingsof friends and relatives. One friend, a British physician, disappeared leavingBarrow to pay more than ten thousand dollar on a loan. That same friendalso had forged Barrow's name to some smaller notes. Barrow also borrowedmoney from banks to be able to loan money to relatives. Barrow himselfborrowed a large amount from his brother-in-law who later suddenly calledfor repayment at a time when Barrow was financially distressed. After aperiod of time Barrow was able to repay that loan to his brother-in-lawbut they were not on good terms thereafter. Later in his diary Barrowremarked upon seeing that brother-in-law, "Fat and pockets full of money."
The main product of the plantation was cotton but Barrow was experimentingwith growing sugar cane. He sold his product and bought his suppliesthrough business agents, called "factors." Barrow frequently was heavilyin debt to these factors.
To be continued.
Excerpts from Barrow's diaryNote: Some of the worst spelling errors have been corrected to improvereadability.

Dec. 26 House Jerry & Israel chained during Christmas
bad conduct - for a year and better - Israel bad conduct during cotton picking season

Sept. 4 ... had a general whipping frolic

Oct. 2 More whipping to do this Fall than altogether in three years owing to my D[amned] mean Overseer

Dec. 31 ran two of Uncle Bat's Negroes off last night-for making a disturbance- no pass - broke my sword cane over one of their skulls

Jan. 23
my House Servants Jane Lavenia & E. Jim broke into my store room - andhelped themselves very liberally to every thing - I whipped [them] ... worse than I ever whipped any one before

Sept. 28 Dennis and Tom "Beauf" ran off on Wednesday - . . . if I can seeeither of them and have a gun at the time will let them have the contentsof it ...

Oct. 12 [Tom ran off again] will whip him more than I ever whip one, Ithink he deserves more - the second time he has done so this year ...
Oct. 20 whipped about half today

Oct. 26 Whipped 8 or 10 for weight today -those that pick least weightsgenerally most trash ...
Oct. 27 Dennis ran off yesterday - & after I had whipped him

Nov. 2 Dennis came in sick on Tuesday - ran off again yesterday - withoutmy ever seeing him -will carry my gun & small shot for him - I thinkI shall cure him of his rascality
Nov. 7 Dennis came in last night - had him fasted - attempted to escape.ran as far as the creek but was caught - the D[ammedest] rascal on the place

Dec. 30 Demps gave his wife Hetty a light cut or two & then lockedher up to prevent her going to the Frolic-I reversed it turning her loose& fastening him
Jan. 4 Whipped every hand in the field this evening commencing with thedriver

April 27 My hands worked very badly-so far general whipping yesterday

July 19 Gave L. Dave a good whipping for some of his rascality intendchaining him & Jack nights & Sunday till I think they are brokein - to behave
Sept. 9 whipped G. Jerry & Dennis for their shirking

Sept. 30 Had G. Jerry T. Fill & Bat's Nat up here washing all yesterdayas punishment - generally dirty & ragged

Oct. 2 Lewis still out. no doubt but he is down at Uncle Bat's where hisfather lives -which proves the impropiety of having slaves off theplantation

Oct. 3 Told Dennis I intended to whip him. [Dennis fled] ... started Jack after him - to give him $50 if he catches him - I had rather aNegro would do anything else than runaway. Dennis & his brother Lewis& G. Jerry the only ones that gives me any trouble to make do theirpart

Oct. 4 Boy Lewis came in last night -gave him the worst whipping I evergave any young Negro. I predict he will not runaway soon. Buildinga jail for him Dennis & Ginny Jerry - intend jailing them for Saturdaynights 'til Monday mornings

Oct. 13 Put Darcas in jail last night for pretending to be sick,repeatedly - the first one ever put in the jail & G Jerry

Oct. 20 Gave my Negroes about my lot the worst whipping they ever had

Oct. 23 Gave every cotton picker a whipping last night for trash & oflate my driver has lost considerable authority with them
[Dec. 23 Dennis caught]

Dec. 24 Intend exhibiting Dennis during Christmas on a scaffold in themiddle of the Quarter & with a red flannel cap on
Dec. 25 Let Darcas out of jail - Dennis confined in jail

Jan. 9 Darcas began to shirk again -let her out of jail Christmas she
promised to do well &c.

April 18 gave my driver a few licks this evening, not knowing who had donebad work

April 19 had a general whipping among the House ones & two carters forstealing, &c.

July 5 had Jack rigged out this evening with red flannel on his ears &a feather in them & sheet on, "in the Quarter." every Negro up. MadeAlfred and Betsey ride him round the Quarter dismount and take a kiss, forquarreling, Jack & Lize, Frank & Fanney the same.

July 30 [The cook Lavenia had run away and was found] Lavenia thought shehad been whipped unjustly owing to Jane (the Cook), let Lavenia give her agood drubbing, &c.

I think my hands have picked cotton worse this year than in several yearspicked it very trashy & not better weights nor as good as common, intend whipping them straight

Oct. 15 am satisfied the best plan is to give them every thing they requirefor their comfort and never that they will do without whipping or somepunishment

Jan. 3 [Barrow gave the Negroes a dinner] and afterwards inspected theirmanners in the ballroom several acted very rude as usual. put them in jail

Aug. 16 Ginney Jerry has been shirking about ever since [he] began to pick cotton. after whipping him yesterday told him if ever he dodged about from me again would certainly shoot him.this morning at Breakfast time Charles came & told me that Jerry wasabout to run off. took my gun found him in the Bayou behind the Quarter,shot him in the thigh

Sept. 16 Ginney Jerry ran off Last Thursday today a week, after being shot,Will shoot to kill him should I be fortunate enough [sic] to meet him, Willsell him &c.

More hands attempting to shirk for two weeks past than I ever knew, Gave anumber of them a good flogging

June 15 [Ginney Jerry ran away again] will shoot to kill him if anopportunity offers.... has not been touched this year, nor have I said aword to him, pray for a shot at him.

Nov. 6 Friday night Jack Let Jerry slip for purpose of getting a pig thinking as Jerry was jailed at night there would be no suspicion of him -for some reason told Alfred Jerry had a pig in his house A. went and foundit as Jack thought. put him in jail & in the stocks in the morning therewas nothing of Jerry stocks Broke & door - no doubt some one turned himout - one concerned in the pig - gave about a dozen severe whipping in theYard & all -Jack old Jenny & Darcas the most severe hand sawing

Nov. 28 Whipped all my grown cotton pickers today

Nov. 29 [Dennis ran off and was then caught] gave him the worst whipping he ever had - & ducking

May 27 [Darcas cut her husband with a hatchet in the hip. Very dangerous cut- will make her sick of the sight of a hatchet as Long as she lives

June 4 missed several of my young hogs, found 8 or 10 guilty, ducked &gave them a good thrashing, Mr. Ginney Jerry next morning feltinsulted at his treatment & put out, would give "freely" $100 to geta shot at him

The Negro hunters came this morning, Were not out long before we struckthe trail of Ginny Jerry, ran and trailed for about a mile, treed him,made the dogs pull him out of the tree, bit him very badly, think he willstay home a while
Oct. 18 Fell quite unwell for two days past, effect of Negro hunting

Oct. 27 Went with the Negro dogs to hunt Ruffins runaways, & his smallhouse boy Ed. ran off still out, 12 years of age- no Luck-Negro dogs here -tired of them

Nov. 11 the Negro dogs to Mrs Wades Quarter.... dogs soon tore him naked,took him home before the other Negro, & made the dogs give him anotheroverhauling, has been drawing a knife & pistol on persons abouttown....

revelarts
04-12-2015, 07:48 AM
On Slaveholders’ Sexual Abuse of Slaves
„Selections from 19th- & 20th
-century Slave Narratives
http://nationalhumanitiescenter.org/pds/maai/enslavement/text6/masterslavesexualabuse.pdf
there are also dairies of wives of Slaveholders that describe the ongoing practice of the men having sex with slave women fathering many children. Some women were bought for the purpose.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-12-2015, 09:20 AM
Do you have a reason for trying to prove slavery was an evil and very bad?
I need no proof of that as I already know it.
So you listing examples of idiots that mistreated their investments may impress others but not me.
Nobody here to my knowledge said , no slaves were ever badly treated.
Did you know that there were whites that lived on plantations and they were treated very badly too?
Even beaten and overworked, etc...

I make no excuse for slavery and readily admit how bad it was....
Yet it was a part of this nation at one time. Over 150 years ago it was abolished.
Reason its a big issue now is to stir the racial division in this nation and excite blacks to engage in violent acts upon whites..
Your boy , the obamascum leads that dastardly and treasonous agenda to further weaken this nation. . --Tyr

Gunny
04-12-2015, 09:54 AM
Most slaves were treated well and were considered an investment at the time...why would one hurt their investment? Many were also paid and treated very well...That black family you speak of in your example would of been much better off in the south than in Africa...which by the way has not evolved much since...

Ever notice their example is the same picture of the same slave? Over and over? Why the Hell would anyone with a brain diminish the capability of their asset? There is always that one idiot though.

tailfins
04-12-2015, 11:20 AM
I removed the link from the OP. It's kind of an unwritten rule that we don't allow linking back and forth between political boards. Generally speaking, that's a recipe for board wars. It's very easy for another site to realize that others have linked to their site as it shows in the stats. I think this one isn't harmful, but just to remain consistent...

Think what a board war with Subterranean Democrats would do to you traffic statistics and Alexa ranking. "russian thugs wrong guy" accounts for 91% of your search traffic!

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/www.debatepolicy.com

LongTermGuy
04-12-2015, 11:26 AM

*No Problem Jim....Understand..seems there was a mixture of folks there also...

jimnyc
04-12-2015, 11:32 AM
Think what a board war with Subterranean Democrats would do to you traffic statistics and Alexa ranking. "russian thugs wrong guy" accounts for 91% of your search traffic!

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/www.debatepolicy.com

Those stats are laughable. Maybe it was a snapshot of a particular month? Dunno. But of course they are trying to get folks to upgrade. There are backend programs that monitor all the incoming/outgoing visitors, referrers and all that other crap. Obviously 91% of our traffic isn't here because of that search term. :)

Alexa used to have good tools, and it was fairly accurate IMO in ranking sites.

Also, the WORST spam in the world is the spam people don't see. These folks now fake spam visitors in order to have it show up in your referrer list. The hope is that the sites stats will be publicly available, and therefore helping them by having links out there. Mine are private, so it's a useless effort. Too many damn scammer scumbags out there today. :(

jimnyc
04-12-2015, 11:34 AM
*No Problem Jim....Understand..seems there was a mixture of folks there also...

Oh, it's not a biggie, just an unwritten rule I've had for many, many years. At first it was made to prevent others from coming here and spamming their own sites. Then people would also give links to fights they were having at other boards. Then folks show up from other boards looking to start trouble. I don't think that was the intent here, nor do I think linking to such a thread should get anyone up in arms. Was just to remain consistent and not take any chances. :)

Gunny
04-12-2015, 11:49 AM
So you listing examples of idiots that mistreated their investments may impress others but not me.
Did you know that there were whites that lived on plantations and they were treated very badly too?

Yet it was a part of this nation at one time. Over 150 years ago it was abolished.
Reason its a big issue now is to stir the racial division in this nation and excite blacks to engage in violent acts upon whites..
Your boy , the obamascum leads that dastardly and treasonous agenda to further weaken this nation. . --Tyr

It wasn't just a part of this nation. We just got caught last holding the bag on an international level. Slavery has been and still is an institution of humans.

Africans sold Africans to Dutch traders. we just bought them. But then you have to define slavery. What about the NYC riots because all the Irish ghetto dwelling sweatshop workers didn't want to go fight for "freedom" they didn't have? But if the US government called it something different, it ain't slavery.

Textile/sweatshop workers in the North had it worse than slaves did in the South. Slave owners in the South at least took responsibility for their "property". Sweatshop owners in the North did no such thing. SO who do you think got eat and had a place to stay at night?

revelarts
04-12-2015, 01:48 PM

Gunny has said several times that the he doesn't think it was so bad... compared to today even.
you seem to think Sherman's March is worth mentioning in heat anger. but it ended "over 150 years ago as well".
You seem pretty upset about it today. What are trying to do Tyr? Are you trying to excite southerners to engage in violent acts upon northerners?!?
or are you just trying to make note of express your disgust at a terrible historical event?

It's weird, with each mention of facts of U.S. slavery here someone brings up some comment about ulterior motives or negative consequences of the very mention of the institution. Or post some reason to deflect or downplay it or not speak of it franky.

To me this seems very odd since it was IN fact like 150 years ago.
But More than one person has express admiration for various aspect of confederacy itself which died 150 years ago.
Many in the U.S. fly/post/wearthe flag for a nation that died 150 years ago.
what are they trying to excite Tyr?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-12-2015, 02:36 PM
Gunny has said several times that the he doesn't think it was so bad... compared to today even.
you seem to think Sherman's March is worth mentioning in heat anger. but it ended "over 150 years ago as well".
You seem pretty upset about it today. What are trying to do Tyr? Are you trying to excite southerners to engage in violent acts upon northerners?!?
or are you just trying to make note of express your disgust at a terrible historical event?

It's weird, with each mention of facts of U.S. slavery here someone brings up some comment about ulterior motives or negative consequences of the very mention of the institution. Or post some reason to deflect or downplay it or not speak of it franky.

To me this seems very odd since it was IN fact like 150 years ago.
But More than one person has express admiration for various aspect of confederacy itself which died 150 years ago.
Many in the U.S. fly/post/wearthe flag for a nation that died 150 years ago.
what are they trying to excite Tyr?

I was guilty last night of trying to excite my wife..it worked too, with the expected great and treasured results..;)

You missed my point it seems to me. I admit the evil of slavery but my original comments were about the cause of the Civil War and how vast majority of the Confederate army fought for rights and freedoms denied them by the Northern government, thus the South seceded from the Union..
Evils of slavery is not the subject I addressed nor care to since I readily admit it. No man has the right to own another.
Gunny pointed out slavery exists in other forms and was once a sanctioned institution here and around the world. USA stands out because the Civil War is attributed to the war to end slavery.
When actually it came about as a political power struggle between North and South.....

I will add government city, county, state and Federal combined tax us to the tune of half our earnings from our labors now. So are we already half slaves?--Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-12-2015, 02:41 PM
It wasn't just a part of this nation. We just got caught last holding the bag on an international level. Slavery has been and still is an institution of humans.

Africans sold Africans to Dutch traders. we just bought them. But then you have to define slavery. What about the NYC riots because all the Irish ghetto dwelling sweatshop workers didn't want to go fight for "freedom" they didn't have? But if the US government called it something different, it ain't slavery.

Textile/sweatshop workers in the North had it worse than slaves did in the South. Slave owners in the South at least took responsibility for their "property". Sweatshop owners in the North did no such thing. SO who do you think got eat and had a place to stay at night?

Rev doesnt want to read or think about other people being slaves or having been treated as badly.
He seems to think in the history of the world only blacks were ever slaves.
History tells a far different story.
Previous to modern times , every nation and certainly every great Empire to have ever existed had slaves, fought wars and slaves were just a part of the booty.
After the civil war, southern sharecroppers (whites) were barely a step above slavery but the going PC mantra is that it only counts when its about blacks.. --Tyr

LongTermGuy
04-12-2015, 03:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXWcqriPvgk

Perianne
04-12-2015, 09:02 PM
Dairy excerpt s from a slave owner

Dec. 26 House Jerry & Israel chained during Christmas
bad conduct - for a year and better - Israel bad conduct during cotton picking season

Sept. 4 ... had a general whipping frolic

Oct. 2 More whipping to do this Fall than altogether in three years owing to my D[amned] mean Overseer

Dec. 31 ran two of Uncle Bat's Negroes off last night-for making a disturbance- no pass - broke my sword cane over one of their skulls

Jan. 23
my House Servants Jane Lavenia & E. Jim broke into my store room - andhelped themselves very liberally to every thing - I whipped [them] ... worse than I ever whipped any one before

Sept. 28 Dennis and Tom "Beauf" ran off on Wednesday - . . . if I can seeeither of them and have a gun at the time will let them have the contentsof it ...

Oct. 12 [Tom ran off again] will whip him more than I ever whip one, Ithink he deserves more - the second time he has done so this year ...
Oct. 20 whipped about half today

Oct. 26 Whipped 8 or 10 for weight today -those that pick least weightsgenerally most trash ...
Oct. 27 Dennis ran off yesterday - & after I had whipped him

Nov. 2 Dennis came in sick on Tuesday - ran off again yesterday - withoutmy ever seeing him -will carry my gun & small shot for him - I thinkI shall cure him of his rascality
Nov. 7 Dennis came in last night - had him fasted - attempted to escape.ran as far as the creek but was caught - the D[ammedest] rascal on the place

Dec. 30 Demps gave his wife Hetty a light cut or two & then lockedher up to prevent her going to the Frolic-I reversed it turning her loose& fastening him
Jan. 4 Whipped every hand in the field this evening commencing with thedriver

April 27 My hands worked very badly-so far general whipping yesterday

July 19 Gave L. Dave a good whipping for some of his rascality intendchaining him & Jack nights & Sunday till I think they are brokein - to behave
Sept. 9 whipped G. Jerry & Dennis for their shirking

Sept. 30 Had G. Jerry T. Fill & Bat's Nat up here washing all yesterdayas punishment - generally dirty & ragged

Oct. 2 Lewis still out. no doubt but he is down at Uncle Bat's where hisfather lives -which proves the impropiety of having slaves off theplantation

Oct. 3 Told Dennis I intended to whip him. [Dennis fled] ... started Jack after him - to give him $50 if he catches him - I had rather aNegro would do anything else than runaway. Dennis & his brother Lewis& G. Jerry the only ones that gives me any trouble to make do theirpart

Oct. 4 Boy Lewis came in last night -gave him the worst whipping I evergave any young Negro. I predict he will not runaway soon. Buildinga jail for him Dennis & Ginny Jerry - intend jailing them for Saturdaynights 'til Monday mornings

Oct. 13 Put Darcas in jail last night for pretending to be sick,repeatedly - the first one ever put in the jail & G Jerry

Oct. 20 Gave my Negroes about my lot the worst whipping they ever had

Oct. 23 Gave every cotton picker a whipping last night for trash & oflate my driver has lost considerable authority with them
[Dec. 23 Dennis caught]

Dec. 24 Intend exhibiting Dennis during Christmas on a scaffold in themiddle of the Quarter & with a red flannel cap on
Dec. 25 Let Darcas out of jail - Dennis confined in jail

Jan. 9 Darcas began to shirk again -let her out of jail Christmas she
promised to do well &c.

April 18 gave my driver a few licks this evening, not knowing who had donebad work

April 19 had a general whipping among the House ones & two carters forstealing, &c.

July 5 had Jack rigged out this evening with red flannel on his ears &a feather in them & sheet on, "in the Quarter." every Negro up. MadeAlfred and Betsey ride him round the Quarter dismount and take a kiss, forquarreling, Jack & Lize, Frank & Fanney the same.

July 30 [The cook Lavenia had run away and was found] Lavenia thought shehad been whipped unjustly owing to Jane (the Cook), let Lavenia give her agood drubbing, &c.

I think my hands have picked cotton worse this year than in several yearspicked it very trashy & not better weights nor as good as common, intend whipping them straight

Oct. 15 am satisfied the best plan is to give them every thing they requirefor their comfort and never that they will do without whipping or somepunishment

Jan. 3 [Barrow gave the Negroes a dinner] and afterwards inspected theirmanners in the ballroom several acted very rude as usual. put them in jail

Aug. 16 Ginney Jerry has been shirking about ever since [he] began to pick cotton. after whipping him yesterday told him if ever he dodged about from me again would certainly shoot him.this morning at Breakfast time Charles came & told me that Jerry wasabout to run off. took my gun found him in the Bayou behind the Quarter,shot him in the thigh

Sept. 16 Ginney Jerry ran off Last Thursday today a week, after being shot,Will shoot to kill him should I be fortunate enough [sic] to meet him, Willsell him &c.

More hands attempting to shirk for two weeks past than I ever knew, Gave anumber of them a good flogging

June 15 [Ginney Jerry ran away again] will shoot to kill him if anopportunity offers.... has not been touched this year, nor have I said aword to him, pray for a shot at him.

Nov. 6 Friday night Jack Let Jerry slip for purpose of getting a pig thinking as Jerry was jailed at night there would be no suspicion of him -for some reason told Alfred Jerry had a pig in his house A. went and foundit as Jack thought. put him in jail & in the stocks in the morning therewas nothing of Jerry stocks Broke & door - no doubt some one turned himout - one concerned in the pig - gave about a dozen severe whipping in theYard & all -Jack old Jenny & Darcas the most severe hand sawing

Nov. 28 Whipped all my grown cotton pickers today

Nov. 29 [Dennis ran off and was then caught] gave him the worst whipping he ever had - & ducking

May 27 [Darcas cut her husband with a hatchet in the hip. Very dangerous cut- will make her sick of the sight of a hatchet as Long as she lives

June 4 missed several of my young hogs, found 8 or 10 guilty, ducked &gave them a good thrashing, Mr. Ginney Jerry next morning feltinsulted at his treatment & put out, would give "freely" $100 to geta shot at him

The Negro hunters came this morning, Were not out long before we struckthe trail of Ginny Jerry, ran and trailed for about a mile, treed him,made the dogs pull him out of the tree, bit him very badly, think he willstay home a while
Oct. 18 Fell quite unwell for two days past, effect of Negro hunting

Oct. 27 Went with the Negro dogs to hunt Ruffins runaways, & his smallhouse boy Ed. ran off still out, 12 years of age- no Luck-Negro dogs here -tired of them

Nov. 11 the Negro dogs to Mrs Wades Quarter.... dogs soon tore him naked,took him home before the other Negro, & made the dogs give him anotheroverhauling, has been drawing a knife & pistol on persons abouttown....

That guy should have traded them in for some better ones. (joking)

revelarts
04-12-2015, 09:13 PM
....It's weird, with each mention of facts of U.S. slavery here someone brings up some comment about ulterior motives or negative consequences at the very mention of the institution. Or post some reason to deflect or downplay it or not speak of it frankly......

You missed my point it seems to me. I admit the evil of slavery but my original comments were about the cause of the Civil War and how vast majority of the Confederate army fought for rights and freedoms denied them by the Northern government, thus the South seceded from the Union..
Evils of slavery is not the subject I addressed nor care to since I readily admit it. No man has the right to own another.
Gunny pointed out slavery exists in other forms and was once a sanctioned institution here and around the world. USA stands out because the Civil War is attributed to the war to end slavery.
When actually it came about as a political power struggle between North and South.....

I will add government city, county, state and Federal combined tax us to the tune of half our earnings from our labors now. So are we already half slaves?--Tyr
And now we're told about sharecroppers.... and the vast majority of the Confederate army.... who "fought for rights and freedoms denied them by the Northern government,"
But the ONLY Freedoms and rights at issue was slave ownership Tyr.

Jefferson Davis's farewell speech to congress 1861"It has been a conviction of pressing necessity, it has been a belief that we are to be deprived in the Union of the rights which our fathers bequeathed to us, which has brought Mississippi to her present decision.She has heard proclaimed the theory that all men are created free and equal, and this made the basis of an attack upon her social institutions; and the sacred Declaration of Independence has been invoked to maintain the position of the equality of the races...."
...When our Constitution was formed, the same idea was rendered more palpable, for there we find provision made for that very class of persons as property; they were not put upon the footing of equality with white men—not even upon that of paupers and convicts; but, so far as representation was concerned, were discriminated against as a lower caste, only to be represented in the numerical proportion of three-fifths...."

He speaks ONLY of the "right" of Whites over Blacks as lower caste slaves, perpetually unequal, property.
And of the right to secede.
that's it' period end of his story.

And sorry fella's, white guys have had a lot of troubles in various time periods throughout history but most whites were in fact free in the south. 98.9%-99% of whites were not slaves, never slaves, never in danger of being slaves. While the vast majority of blacks in the south --and their entire families-- were enslaved for generations with little to no hope of becoming free.
So do you try to deflect the tragedy of the Irish in the Irish Potato famine by insisting people acknowledge there were Germans or French in Ireland at the time too? if the French are not mentioned does that mean they are disregarded?
Or do you correct someone on 911 everytime it's brought up by mentioning that "many muslims died in the twin towers as well as non muslims."? Why don't we mention their suffering every time 911 is brought up.

But Tyr doesnt want to read or think about muslims people being killed or having been treated as badly on 911. Only white americans get to mourn or claim attack on that day. Tyr seems to think in the history of the world only white americans have ever been attacked by terrorist.

Does that make sense at all to you? Tyr I suspect it'd upset you if someone said things like that EVERY time you commented on or mentioned 911.

But please don't tell me what i think Tyr. If i write it clearly then go from that.
But don't put your stereotyped view of black thinking on me.

revelarts
04-12-2015, 09:25 PM
That guy should have traded them in for some better ones. (joking)

the next story I read about white female nurses in history being raped and murdered i'll make sure to make a jokes few too.

just kidding.

jimnyc
04-13-2015, 06:38 AM
I'll only say this much on the subject - no way I believe in reparations. Not even for the 2 generations afterwards. The only folks that should have even been considered for such are those that went through it. Why in the world should people that never went through it somehow get financial gain after the fact? It helps in no way and changes nothing, purely a money grab. There are many folks out there TODAY who believe people of TODAY should be getting reparations - and I find that laughable.

Nobody from today was there and involved, from either side. Its a part of our history, and it sucks, we learn and we move forward. But folks thinking they are deserving of money for what happened to folks generations ago? Sorry, I can't go with that in the slightest bit.

Imagine me finding out that I had a long distance great great great grandfather that was a slave. Do I deserve reparations? I may not have ever known him, but others seeking reparations didn't know the slaves either. It's preposterous to think that someone should financially gain for something they weren't here for and didn't suffer from. Ain't happening anyway, as I've heard this talk since I've been born, and luckily common sense has prevailed over greed.

Jeff
04-13-2015, 06:40 AM
Look slavery wasn't really a bad thing, Blacks where forced to work everyday and in return they got free clothing and food now they still get the free stuff but no longer have to work :laugh::laugh:

Yes this is a joke and meant to offend no one.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-13-2015, 09:10 AM
And now we're told about sharecroppers.... and the vast majority of the Confederate army.... who "fought for rights and freedoms denied them by the Northern government,"
But the ONLY Freedoms and rights at issue was slave ownership Tyr.

Jefferson Davis's farewell speech to congress 1861"It has been a conviction of pressing necessity, it has been a belief that we are to be deprived in the Union of the rights which our fathers bequeathed to us, which has brought Mississippi to her present decision.She has heard proclaimed the theory that all men are created free and equal, and this made the basis of an attack upon her social institutions; and the sacred Declaration of Independence has been invoked to maintain the position of the equality of the races...."
...When our Constitution was formed, the same idea was rendered more palpable, for there we find provision made for that very class of persons as property; they were not put upon the footing of equality with white men—not even upon that of paupers and convicts; but, so far as representation was concerned, were discriminated against as a lower caste, only to be represented in the numerical proportion of three-fifths...."

He speaks ONLY of the "right" of Whites over Blacks as lower caste slaves, perpetually unequal, property.
And of the right to secede.
that's it' period end of his story.

And sorry fella's, white guys have had a lot of troubles in various time periods throughout history but most whites were in fact free in the south. 98.9%-99% of whites were not slaves, never slaves, never in danger of being slaves. While the vast majority of blacks in the south --and their entire families-- were enslaved for generations with little to no hope of becoming free.
So do you try to deflect the tragedy of the Irish in the Irish Potato famine by insisting people acknowledge there were Germans or French in Ireland at the time too? if the French are not mentioned does that mean they are disregarded?
Or do you correct someone on 911 everytime it's brought up by mentioning that "many muslims died in the twin towers as well as non muslims."? Why don't we mention their suffering every time 911 is brought up.

But Tyr doesnt want to read or think about muslims people being killed or having been treated as badly on 911. Only white americans get to mourn or claim attack on that day. Tyr seems to think in the history of the world only white americans have ever been attacked by terrorist.

Does that make sense at all to you? Tyr I suspect it'd upset you if someone said things like that EVERY time you commented on or mentioned 911.

But please don't tell me what i think Tyr. If i write it clearly then go from that.
But don't put your stereotyped view of black thinking on me.

Yes sir, inconvenient facts tossed out for consumption to add context to the subject at hand is not to be allowed. Right?
We are not speaking about muslims--thats a religion my friend. We are speaking about slavery , a race issue and the cause of the Civil War..

If you think it was solely about slavery you know nothing of the real history.. Slavery was indeed the hot button issue but underneath was the political issue of a power struggle by two opposing groups-Northern capitalists and a Southern agricultural culture....
The bigger of the two was the political power struggle.... Political power = money!! Always follow the money.... -Tyr

red state
04-13-2015, 09:32 AM
Tyr is RIGHT; Rev is, well.........REV. Ha!!!!

Recap:
1. Slavery (IS) bad
2. Slavery is over in America (but not in iSLUM, the 'dark' Continent and many other parts of the world.
3. The North and South practiced slavery.
4. The war between the States was politically and financially motivated (slavery was simply the rouse to justify the North's anti-American action)
5. We have slavery today.....stop RE-paying for your land to the IRS and see what happens. We work, they take and redistribute.
6. We (WE) owe nothing and with the election of B.O. (TWICE) all affirmative action laws and crybaby excuses for a norm or state of a particular "race" should be laughed at and frowned upon at the same time. We have Allen Wests, Ben Carsons and others who have proven themselves and detest the thought that their "RACE" needs special treatment. They may have benefited in some ways (inadvertently or otherwise) from affirmative action but they had the character to speak out against it and made sacrifices to better themselves and their fellow man (regardless of skin tone).

*I may fuss about how the over bearing gov. broke Constitutional law during or before the "CIVIL WAR" but that is not to stir up the pot or whine about the evils of Sherman. It is to shed light on a gov. that is doing the same thing today. In fact, I mention Ye Ole King George of Ye Merry Ole England MORE THAN LINCOLN to remind folks about our corrupt and despicable so-called leadership and limited freedoms. Both the North and King George imposed unfair laws and practices on the "lessor" within their societies at the time. Same applies to today where Christian, WHITE males need not apply.

indago
04-13-2015, 09:34 AM
I'll only say this much on the subject - no way I believe in reparations.

They owe us reparations for putting up with Obama for the past few years...

red state
04-13-2015, 09:51 AM
Wasn't the B.O. phones and all the hand outs over the last several decades been more than enough "reparation". Are we to REFRAIN OURSELVES from voting, have ONLY blacks running for office, only blacks in military leadership, as teachers, doctors and lawyers. I CAN'T EVEN IMAGINE....