PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

WiccanLiberal
04-12-2015, 03:57 PM
I just saw this online. This picture has been removed from a major social media site as being offensive. Others have reposted it, including me. Backstory is that the woman depicted is a breast cancer survivor and chose this as her means of empowerment over her disease. What thoughts do you have about it?

jimnyc
04-12-2015, 04:02 PM
I just saw this online. This picture has been removed from a major social media site as being offensive. Others have reposted it, including me. Backstory is that the woman depicted is a breast cancer survivor and chose this as her means of empowerment over her disease. What thoughts do you have about it?

Just looks like a huge tattoo piece to me. I applaud her for the idea!

Noir
04-12-2015, 05:21 PM
The bizarre obsession with censorship of the human body that many folk seem to have is baffling.

Perianne
04-12-2015, 06:39 PM
I can't really say what I would do in such circumstances. If that is what she needed to do, then good for her.

NightTrain
04-12-2015, 09:19 PM
Doesn't offend at all. I'm not a tattoo person personally, but if she likes it then why not?

What are they censoring? Lack of breasts? ZOMG it's a torso!

On another note, I wonder why she didn't have fakes put in... I understand that's pretty standard after a mastectomy.

WiccanLiberal
04-12-2015, 09:49 PM
Doesn't offend at all. I'm not a tattoo person personally, but if she likes it then why not?

What are they censoring? Lack of breasts? ZOMG it's a torso!

On another note, I wonder why she didn't have fakes put in... I understand that's pretty standard after a mastectomy.

I can think of two reasons why she might not have. One is lack of insurance coverage for reconstruction. The other is that the presence of implants might disguise the reappearance of masses.

Jeff
04-13-2015, 06:31 AM
I know in many states what she has done is perfectly legal, at many Bike events I go to they will paint woman's breast and as long as a nipple is not showing it is legal.

I personally have no problem what she has done and I figure she probably always felt the female Boobs to be beautiful and if she couldn't have hers she did the next best thing and made that area look beautiful once again.

jimnyc
04-13-2015, 06:39 AM
I know in many states what she has done is perfectly legal, at many Bike events I go to they will paint woman's breast and as long as a nipple is not showing it is legal.

I personally have no problem what she has done and I figure she probably always felt the female Boobs to be beautiful and if she couldn't have hers she did the next best thing and made that area look beautiful once again.

I got a tattoo on both sides of my chest, and you can still see both my awesome nipples!

Jeff
04-13-2015, 06:46 AM
I got a tattoo on both sides of my chest, and you can still see both my awesome nipples!

And yes they are sexy LOL

Speaking of tatts I got a few more and have plans to sleeve out both arms and a nice little one for my neck, then we will work on the torso. :laugh:

jimnyc
04-13-2015, 06:47 AM
And yes they are sexy LOL

Speaking of tatts I got a few more and have plans to sleeve out both arms and a nice little one for my neck, then we will work on the torso. :laugh:

Unfortunately, I don't have friends to get them cheap up here ('cept Dom, who sucks IMO). I want to get Porter next, next to Jerome :)

Jeff
04-13-2015, 07:34 AM
Unfortunately, I don't have friends to get them cheap up here ('cept Dom, who sucks IMO). I want to get Porter next, next to Jerome :)

You need to come on down, my buddy that does the portraits ( and he is fantastic ) will do it cheap, he did a guys to little girls Saturday night and they came out fantastic, I was surprised how well they came out, they looked exactly like the picture he referenced from.

Perianne
04-13-2015, 02:41 PM

Oh.... thanks for sharing! :)

Jeff
04-13-2015, 03:13 PM
Oh.... thanks for sharing! :)

Just a FYI they really aren't sexy :laugh:

darin
04-13-2015, 03:20 PM
I hate that anyone would be remotely bothered by that photo - not meaning "tattoos" - preference of tats isnt the issue

Perianne
04-13-2015, 03:22 PM
Just a FYI they really aren't sexy :laugh:

There's nothing like some good man nipples. :laugh:

Trigg
04-13-2015, 03:41 PM
Personally I'm glad she's found a way to celebrate overcoming cancer.

As for the media, they will generally not show a topless woman, so despite her lack of nipples, they're just being consistent.

Noir
04-14-2015, 06:49 AM
As for the media, they will generally not show a topless woman, so despite her lack of nipples, they're just being consistent.

Consistent with what? If anything it shows how inconsistent body censorship is. If everyone thought the OP pic was of a man, no one would have a problem with it...

Put another way - if a man got breast implants, would be media be happy to show them toppless? After all its generally their policy to show toppless men without issue.

jimnyc
04-14-2015, 06:55 AM
"I've got nipples, Greg, can you milk me?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXI21S4ZWJU

jimnyc
04-14-2015, 06:57 AM
Consistent with what? If anything it shows how inconsistent body censorship is. If everyone thought the OP pic was of a man, no one would have a problem with it...

Put another way - if a man got breast implants, would be media be happy to show them toppless? After all its generally their policy to show toppless men without issue.

No, men that have had implants in the past, they were also not allowed to be shown, just like women. Hell, as we discussed before, even a man can't go into most places without a shirt on. Try eating somewhere and walking through the door without a shirt, they will likely ask you to put one on, or leave - unless you're in White Castle :)

And yes, regardless of what you say, most patrons don't want to see sweaty armpits and hair while trying to enjoy a meal :laugh: :poke:

Noir
04-14-2015, 07:03 AM
No, men that have had implants in the past, they were also not allowed to be shown, just like women.

You're welcome to explain to be why the woman on OPs pic was removed from social media, meanwhile this mans pic is plastered over social media as 'Mens Health' search for a 'Front cover star'. Heck, you can actually even see his nipples!

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/E936BEBF-B436-4A74-B25E-59C320383F31_zpsf8pokdcm.png (http://s80.photobucket.com/user/jonathan-mcc/media/E936BEBF-B436-4A74-B25E-59C320383F31_zpsf8pokdcm.png.html)

jimnyc
04-14-2015, 07:15 AM
You're welcome to explain to be why the woman on OPs pic was removed from social media, meanwhile this mans pic is plastered over social media as 'Mens Health' search for a 'Front cover star'. Heck, you can actually even see his nipples!

Because in most modern times here in America, women have always covered up their 'assets'. The overwhelming majority of respectful women aren't going to walk around with their breasts hanging out regardless. Same reason men don't walk around with their hot dog out, or why it isn't allowed. These fall under decency laws. I understand that you disagree, and I can respect that, but most would disagree with you. Some actually think it SHOULD be ok for a man to walk around with his thingie swinging back and forth too. But truth is, if a man walked around doing so, most folks would run from him. Are men allowed to do so in the UK? What about women and their boobies? And their bottoms? Because I'd like to come visit you if that's the case!! (so long as obese women are barred from doing so...)

Drummond
04-14-2015, 08:24 AM
There's nothing like some good man nipples. :laugh:

I disagree ... :laugh:

Drummond
04-14-2015, 08:37 AM
Because in most modern times here in America, women have always covered up their 'assets'. The overwhelming majority of respectful women aren't going to walk around with their breasts hanging out regardless. Same reason men don't walk around with their hot do out, or why it isn't allowed. These fall under decency laws. I understand that you disagree, and I can respect that, but most would disagree with you. Some actually think it SHOULD be ok for a man to walk around with his thingie swinging back and forth too. But truth is, if a man walked around doing so, most folks would run from him. Are men allowed to do so in the UK? What about women and their boobies? And their bottoms? Because I'd like to come visit you if that's the case!! (so long as obese women are barred from doing so...)

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

In order: no, no, and no ...

And if the local Muslims have their way, the time will eventually come when we find ourselves stuck with Burkha wearing. And that's just the men ...

On a lighter note, I take great national pride in musing on the fact that the miniskirt originated in the UK. It's a sign of cultural superiority of the West that this British fashion item was adopted so readily ...

As to the reason for this thread: two comments, both fairly shallow ones, I suppose. One, I'm somewhat indifferent to the tattoo pic, and its reason for being. I simply take the view that it doesn't matter to me at all that an individual made the choice to have it done. That's up to the individual, and if that was the individual choice made, why on earth would I mind it ?

The other: I don't understand Noir's initial objection. Perhaps it has its grounding in some sort of Leftie rejection of individualism ?

Tattoos in general .... I've never understood why people are attracted to the idea of having them done (I've none myself, and I'm not tempted to ever get one). That said - if other people want them, for WHATEVER reason, good luck to them. Why would I ever want to form an 'anti' opinion on the subject ??

jimnyc
04-14-2015, 09:22 AM
The other: I don't understand Noir's initial objection. Perhaps it has its grounding in some sort of Leftie rejection of individualism ?

Noir thinks folks should be able to sit at a dining table with their meatballs hanging out!! Nor does he see an issue with dining and having hairy armpits staring at him. :dunno:

Tattoos in general .... I've never understood why people are attracted to the idea of having them done (I've none myself, and I'm not tempted to ever get one). That said - if other people want them, for WHATEVER reason, good luck to them. Why would I ever want to form an 'anti' opinion on the subject ??

Between Jeff and I we probably have about 100 of them! LOL I have a crapload on both arms and one on each side of my chest. There's a lot of people that don't understand or don't like them, but very, very rarely do you find folks that are truly offended by them. It's a personal decision really. I can only give one good example. Myself and my 3 siblings all got a small frog tattoo sitting on a heart, with the word Mom inside the heart. Mom was, for whatever odd reason, a big fan of frogs. So we remembered her this way, and we all now share something in common as well. As for the others, some of which are simply tribal art designs, it's really hard to put into words. The simplest way to put it is just that I like them. :)

Drummond
04-14-2015, 10:17 AM
Noir thinks folks should be able to sit at a dining table with their meatballs hanging out!!

... Last I heard, Noir was anti-meat. So I'm not too sure ... :rolleyes:

Nor does he see an issue with dining and having hairy armpits staring at him. :dunno:

To each their own. At least, I've got the Irish Sea between myself and being in the general vicinity of that particular dining table :laugh:

Between Jeff and I we probably have about 100 of them! LOL I have a crapload on both arms and one on each side of my chest. There's a lot of people that don't understand or don't like them, but very, very rarely do you find folks that are truly offended by them. It's a personal decision really. I can only give one good example. Myself and my 3 siblings all got a small frog tattoo sitting on a heart, with the word Mom inside the heart. Mom was, for whatever odd reason, a big fan of frogs. So we remembered her this way, and we all now share something in common as well. As for the others, some of which are simply tribal art designs, it's really hard to put into words. The simplest way to put it is just that I like them. :)

Frogs .. personally, I have no great liking for them ...

In the UK, 'fondness for tattoos' varies from region to region. It's not particularly popular in London. Try where I now am, though, across the Severn Estuary and into SE Wales ... and tattoos are altogether more popular. There's a tattoo parlour in the centre of town that by all accounts is highly prosperous. And the archetypal image of a Glaswegian (at least, those I've seen, before Noir disagrees) is of a fat man covered in tattoos ...

Perianne
04-14-2015, 01:30 PM
I am old-fashioned. In my day girls did not get tattoos, but I understand why the lady chose to hide her scars with them.

Noir
04-15-2015, 04:41 AM
Because in most modern times here in America, women have always covered up their 'assets'. The overwhelming majority of respectful women aren't going to walk around with their breasts hanging out regardless.

So its down to a matter of 'we always did it this way' and 'respect'? They sure sound like strong arguments =/

The OP shows how broken such thinking is - a topples woman, even one who has had a double mastectomy, is 'offensive'.

Do you think a woman who has had a double mastectomy, and chosen not to tattoo over her chest should be able to walk down the street, same as a topless man?

indago
04-15-2015, 05:23 AM
So its down to a matter of 'we always did it this way' and 'respect'? They sure sound like strong arguments =/

Tradition IS a strong argument...

Noir
04-15-2015, 06:04 AM
Tradition IS a strong argument...

If you consider 'We need to do it, because we've always done it' to be a strong argument, fair enough, personally I consider it circular and weak.

Jeff
04-15-2015, 06:06 AM
Noir thinks folks should be able to sit at a dining table with their meatballs hanging out!! Nor does he see an issue with dining and having hairy armpits staring at him. :dunno:

I am old-fashioned. In my day girls did not get tattoos, but I understand why the lady chose to hide her scars with them.

As Jim said Tattoos are something I have been collecting for years ( way to many to be honest :laugh: ) And Perianne your right, years ago it was taboo for a lady to get a tattoo. Now with some of the best tattoo artist being female ( and the fact that woman can now do all a man can ) woman get then everyday and many enhance a woman's beauty. Yea I am one that can't stand seeing a dragon tattooed on a woman's arm ( or something like that ) hell all she has to do then is not shave and then I would feel exactly like I was with a man when next to her. :laugh:

But I hang out at a tattoo parlor a good bit, my personal tattooist is a great friend of mine so yea I hear all the wild stories and honestly now a days tatts are more of a form of art than a Biker or thug status symbol, all kinds of folks young and old come in to the tattoo parlor to get pierced and/or tattooed. I have seen many parents bring their 18 year old kids in ( on their B days ) as a B day present .

Tattoo's today are beautiful, the quality of the ink and artist make them more like a beautiful painting now a days. I watched a guy come in Saturday night that got his two young girls tattooed on his chest and it came out beautiful, he now has his little girls with him no matter where life's journey may take him.

jimnyc
04-15-2015, 06:22 AM

The OP shows how broken such thinking is - a topples woman, even one who has had a double mastectomy, is 'offensive'.

Do you think a woman who has had a double mastectomy, and chosen not to tattoo over her chest should be able to walk down the street, same as a topless man?

My side of the argument must be MUCH stronger, considering it's that way around the majority of the world. People have self respect. Do the females you know walk around naked? Do they do so in private places like parks and such when they know they won't be seen? Do they walk around all day naked with you when behind closed doors? And since I already know the answer, why don't they do so?

Noir
04-15-2015, 06:44 AM
My side of the argument must be MUCH stronger, considering it's that way around the majority of the world. People have self respect. Do the females you know walk around naked? Do they do so in private places like parks and such when they know they won't be seen? Do they walk around all day naked with you when behind closed doors? And since I already know the answer, why don't they do so?

Self respect is an odd one, because it always involves people telling other people that they have no *self* respect.

Why do you find the human body so shameful? (and specifically some parts of some sexs over others?)

Fact is, if a women wanted to walk down a street topples she couldn't, its literally against the law for her to do so. Illegal nipples!

Is there an answer as to whether you'd be accepting of a women who has had a double mastectomy being topless in public?

jimnyc
04-15-2015, 06:57 AM
Self respect is an odd one, because it always involves people telling other people that they have no *self* respect.

Why do you find the human body so shameful? (and specifically some parts of some sexs over others?)

Fact is, if a women wanted to walk down a street topples she couldn't, its literally against the law for her to do so. Illegal nipples!

Is there an answer as to whether you'd be accepting of a women who has had a double mastectomy being topless in public?

So I note that you avoided the part about the women you know. So at least we are all on even footing now, and we know that even the folks YOU know follow AND believe in the same rules I am mentioning. I wonder how often you ask the women in your life why they find their bodies so shameful?

Noir
04-15-2015, 07:12 AM
So I note that you avoided the part about the women you know. So at least we are all on even footing now, and we know that even the folks YOU know follow AND believe in the same rules I am mentioning. I wonder how often you ask the women in your life why they find their bodies so shameful?

Many women find there own bodies shameful because as a society we constantly repeat that message to them. The fact that you can't see that in this very thread is silly, you yourself stated that a woman should cover her "assets" since they are "respectful" women...

When legal (because illegal nipples!) my partner is free to be as clothed or a nude as she likes, and will be so depending on her wants. But when someone else tells a woman that she would have no 'self respect' for wanting to be topless in public, that that person is trying to shame her. Why?

Would you be accepting of a woman who has had a double mastectomy being topless in public?

jimnyc
04-15-2015, 07:24 AM
Many women find there own bodies shameful because as a society we constantly repeat that message to them. The fact that you can't see that in this very thread is silly, you yourself stated that a woman should cover her "assets" since they are "respectful" women...

Yes, respectful to themselves. Ask any woman, that's not me stating about them, that's them about themselves. Women I know don't want to go around flaunting to ANYONE other than their boyfriend/husband.

When legal (because illegal nipples!) my partner is free to be as clothed or a nude as she likes, and will be so depending on her wants. But when someone else tells a woman that she would have no 'self respect' for wanting to be topless in public, that that person is trying to shame her. Why?

Read prior answer. There is no shaming, the overwhelming majority of women don't want to be topless in public. Admittedly, some do. Some men think they should be able to walk around with their nuts dangling around too.

But are you saying that if I go to parks where you live, and other private places. and women all over their own property - I will find a ton of naked/topless women over there? Or are you saying they only do so in privacy, where others can't see them? So when the women in your life has 'wants' - they do this all over the place, not just around the home, correct?

Would you be accepting of a woman who has had a double mastectomy being topless in public?

I wouldn't want to see a man or woman in public who has had breasts removed. But more to the point, no. Doing so would still be against the law, and we can't change laws for chosen individuals. All you're trying to do here is make a "gotcha" argument. Same as "if a man had ALL of his privates cut off, should he be able to walk naked... And the answer there would be no as well.

Noir
04-15-2015, 07:50 AM
Yes, respectful to themselves. Ask any woman, that's not me stating about them, that's them about themselves. Women I know don't want to go around flaunting to ANYONE other than their boyfriend/husband.

Thee we are back to being "respectful to themselves" the idea that one can be self respectful and nude is apparently impossible. You don't get to decide what someone else should feel about their body. *SELF* respect.

Read prior answer. There is no shaming, the overwhelming majority of women don't want to be topless in public. Admittedly, some do. Some men think they should be able to walk around with their nuts dangling around too.

And if if a woman does not wish to be so, at a certain time, or a certain place, or indeed *ever* than she has the freedom to chose so, as do men. However, men also have the choice to go topless when they please, women on the other hand have illegal nipples.

But are you saying that if I go to parks where you live, and other private places. and women all over their own property - I will find a ton of naked/topless women over there? Or are you saying they only do so in privacy, where others can't see them? So when the women in your life has 'wants' - they do this all over the place, not just around the home, correct?

No, because some nipples are illegal here, too.

I wouldn't want to see a man or woman in public who has had breasts removed. But more to the point, no. Doing so would still be against the law, and we can't change laws for chosen individuals. All you're trying to do here is make a "gotcha" argument. Same as "if a man had ALL of his privates cut off, should he be able to walk naked... And the answer there would be no as well.

So the problem for you isn't the breasts at all, it's just the fact that if you were a woman at birth, then your nipples shall henceforth be illegal.
Also going back to an earlier point - If a man gets breast implants, why does that make his nipples illegal when he was a man at birth? Surly we should not be changing the laws for chosen individuals, no?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-15-2015, 07:52 AM
If you consider 'We need to do it, because we've always done it' to be a strong argument, fair enough, personally I consider it circular and weak.
And you are free to do so. However it is certified liberal thinking....
For tradition to be changed there must be a valid reason and not just some whim by fruity individuals.
I have no wish to see either men or women walk around naked in public.
There is a reason civilization negated such behavior, as in it would lead into animalistic lusts , unsanitary conditions , fights, ridicule , etc.
Additionally I have seen both women and men that were revolting to see with their clothes on!
How much more so would that be if they were naked!
If you want to live like a troop of baboons --then go for it....:laugh: -Tyr

jimnyc
04-15-2015, 07:59 AM
Thee we are back to being "respectful to themselves" the idea that one can be self respectful and nude is apparently impossible. You don't get to decide what someone else should feel about their body. *SELF* respect.

THEY decide, you are purposely being obtuse. I've NEVER been to a friends house where the lady of the home took her top off, because she now doesn't have to follow the law. I wonder why? THEY DECIDE, and the majority of women simply don't want to share their privates with everyone. Maybe the UK is different, but here most women simply don't want to do so unless with their boyfriend/husband. I guess in the UK areas all the women love to do so, and share with anyone, and more power to them! (contrary to extremely similar laws there too).

And if if a woman does not wish to be so, at a certain time, or a certain place, or indeed *ever* than she has the freedom to chose so, as do men. However, men also have the choice to go topless when they please, women on the other hand have illegal nipples.

If you can't see the difference between a man's and a woman's breasts - you're far too young still.

No, because some nipples are illegal here, too.

Private houses, private businesses, private parks - there is private property EVERYWHERE. And I would assume the endless amount of women that want to expose themselves would be overflowing in these areas.

So the problem for you isn't the breasts at all, it's just the fact that if you were a woman at birth, then your nipples shall henceforth be illegal.
Also going back to an earlier point - If a many gets breast implants, why does that make his nipples illegal when he was a man at birth? Surly we should not be changing the laws for chosen individuals, no?

Breasts are different, plain and simple, see above about age. :) But seriously, if you think nudity and such is just fine, and should be legal everywhere and anywhere, then I think you're 'real' debate should be with lawmakers. Good luck with that one, as I simply don't see decency laws changing anytime soon.

jimnyc
04-15-2015, 08:03 AM
unsanitary conditions

Why would sweaty armpits offend you while trying to eat? Why would nads hanging off the chair offend you, it's only natural? And WHY in the world would you mind of your wife/girlfriend decided to share her privates with everyone and anyone walking around? What's the big deal? Should they be ashamed of their bodies? :)

If you were sitting at a table, Tyr - and the guy caddy corner to you is sitting there naked, with armpit hair sticking out, nuts and hair out, with his girlfriend similar - that should be OK in public, dining and for the kids of the world to see, no?

:)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-15-2015, 08:06 AM
THEY decide, you are purposely being obtuse. I've NEVER been to a friends house where the lady of the home took her top off, because she now doesn't have to follow the law. I wonder why? THEY DECIDE, and the majority of women simply don't want to share their privates with everyone. Maybe the UK is different, but here most women simply don't want to do so unless with their boyfriend/husband. I guess in the UK areas all the women love to do so, and share with anyone, and more power to them! (contrary to extremely similar laws there too).

If you can't see the difference between a man's and a woman's breasts - you're far too young still.

Private houses, private businesses, private parks - there is private property EVERYWHERE. And I would assume the endless amount of women that want to expose themselves would be overflowing in these areas.

Breasts are different, plain and simple, see above about age. :) But seriously, if you think nudity and such is just fine, and should be legal everywhere and anywhere, then I think you're 'real' debate should be with lawmakers. Good luck with that one, as I simply don't see decency laws changing anytime soon.

I am with Noir!!!

If they limit it to female , bikini and sexy lingerie models only....:laugh:

Otherwise no dice.... Last time I was on a beach in Florida I saw women in bikinis that I wished Id never seen!
Hideous in still too kind of a word to describe some of them.
Of course a select few were eye candy out the whazoooo!!! -- :beer: -Tyr

Noir
04-15-2015, 08:07 AM

As you stated, breasts aren't the issue, even after surgical removal you consider a woman's chest to be worthy of censorship.

Quite how that impacts in this picture is curious. Given this man was a woman at birth. Wouldn't it be something to have illegal nipples that people didn't think where illegal, because they assumed it wasn't the wrong kind of nipple?

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/E936BEBF-B436-4A74-B25E-59C320383F31_zpsf8pokdcm.png (http://s80.photobucket.com/user/jonathan-mcc/media/E936BEBF-B436-4A74-B25E-59C320383F31_zpsf8pokdcm.png.html)

jimnyc
04-15-2015, 08:21 AM
As you stated, breasts aren't the issue, even after surgical removal you consider a woman's chest to be worthy of censorship.

Quite how that impacts in this picture is curious. Given this man was a woman at birth. Wouldn't it be something to have illegal nipples that people didn't think where illegal, because they assumed it wasn't the wrong kind of nipple?

Not curious at all. For most purposes, that IS a man's body. It's a stupid example as it VERY rare, but of course he would be treated like every other male out there. Just as if a man has a sex change, gets a pair of DD's, he won't be displaying them in public. Or are you saying that decency laws are solely directed towards women? Because last I checked you can't have your willy out in public either.

Noir
04-15-2015, 08:27 AM
Not curious at all. For most purposes, that IS a man's body. It's a stupid example as it VERY rare, but of course he would be treated like every other male out there. Just as if a man has a sex change, gets a pair of DD's, he won't be displaying them in public. Or are you saying that decency laws are solely directed towards women? Because last I checked you can't have your willy out in public either.

But you said a woman that has a double mastectomy shouldn't be able to be topless in public. So is it still not okay?

jimnyc
04-15-2015, 08:33 AM
But you said a woman that has a double mastectomy shouldn't be able to be topless in public. So is it still not okay?

Like I said, still trying to play little "gotcha" games...

A woman with a mastectomy is still a woman and appears exactly like a woman. The "man" you posted above is completely converted. If a women had a mastectomy, and had a complete sex change, and appeared, identified and was for all purposes a man now - then I would think it would be just as OK as what I stated about the "man" above.

Noir
04-15-2015, 09:07 AM
Like I said, still trying to play little "gotcha" games...

A woman with a mastectomy is still a woman and appears exactly like a woman. The "man" you posted above is completely converted. If a women had a mastectomy, and had a complete sex change, and appeared, identified and was for all purposes a man now - then I would think it would be just as OK as what I stated about the "man" above.

Such gymnastics to justify why some nipples are illegal and others aren't. Anyways this convo has probably run its course. I guess we'll have this settled the old way, when the Pengiuns wipe out the Rangers Tmorrow night ^,^

jimnyc
04-15-2015, 09:17 AM
Such gymnastics to justify why some nipples are illegal and others aren't. Anyways this convo has probably run its course.

The only gymnastics here were by you, trying to twist and turn scenarios around. As for "nipples" aka breasts, it's simple, ok for men and not ok for women. Some agree. You're not the first I've spoken with who disagreed. I'm sure you won't be the last either. Just wish more of these conversations were with women, and in person... :)

I guess we'll have this settled the old way, when the Pengiuns wipe out the Rangers Tmorrow night ^,^

I'm not going to talk smack - yet. I have a bad feeling. This was perhaps the best season they have had EVER, but hockey is a different sport than most. It's a new season now. But so long as they keep winning, they will be mostly at MSG thanks to the best overall record. Everyone needs to visit Madison Square Garden at least once!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-15-2015, 09:19 AM
Why would sweaty armpits offend you while trying to eat? Why would nads hanging off the chair offend you, it's only natural? And WHY in the world would you mind of your wife/girlfriend decided to share her privates with everyone and anyone walking around? What's the big deal? Should they be ashamed of their bodies? :)

If you were sitting at a table, Tyr - and the guy caddy corner to you is sitting there naked, with armpit hair sticking out, nuts and hair out, with his girlfriend similar - that should be OK in public, dining and for the kids of the world to see, no?

:)

First , I'd never be in a joint that allowed that..
However, if I were in a restaurant and a guy came in like that around my wife and son, I knock him on his ass before he had the chance to sit at a table. :laugh:
I kinda like to eat my meal in peace and harmony but sometimes actions are called for..;)
Of course, Noir would likely invite him to sit at his table!- ;)--Tyr

indago
04-15-2015, 09:25 AM

People in societies set certain standards to live by. They don't blindly "do it, because we've always done it", they do it because it is a standard set to live by, although some actually do "do it, because we've always done it". Maybe somewhere down the road someone will stop and think: "Why do we do it this way?" Then, a discussion may take place, and the society may just change.

jimnyc
04-15-2015, 09:27 AM
First , I'd never be in a joint that allowed that..
However, if I were in a restaurant and a guy came in like that around my wife and son, I knock him on his ass before he had the chance to sit at a table. :laugh:
I kinda like to eat my meal in peace and harmony but sometimes actions are called for..;)
Of course, Noir would likely invite him to sit at his table!- ;)--Tyr

I don't think he bats in that direction! :) But I see him more like a 60's hippie. Either that, or maybe he's just wanting all the ladies to free the puppies in public everyday? While admittedly I wouldn't look the other way if surrounded by boobies, the only time in reality this will happen for me is when I'm dropping money at a booby bar, or passing through a nude beach, where all the ladies have boobs that reach their bellybuttons!