PDA

View Full Version : UK Under Attack-Again on Saturday

Kathianne
06-30-2007, 11:57 AM
They seem determined to challenge Brown. Links and pics at site:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=26071_Breaking-_Attack_on_Glasgow_Airport&only

Breaking: Attack on Glasgow Airport

Things are getting crazy: Burning Car In Airport Terminal.

A jeep has driven into the terminal building at Glasgow airport and caught fire, police have confirmed.

Witnesses reported hearing a series of loud “bangs” and saw a man on fire.

Police say it is too early to say whether the incident - which comes after failed car bomb attacks on London - was related to terrorism.

James Edgar told Sky News: “People were running past like they has missed their flight.

”They told us all to get out of the airport.

“Everyone was in a panic and police and security were scuffling with an Asian gentleman.”

It is thought two men had been in the Cherokee jeep and one of their clothes caught fire.

Sky’s Mark White said: “This is a significant incident that’s unfolding.”

UPDATE at 6/30/07 8:43:01 am:

The BBC has more information: Car on fire crashes into airport.

Eyewitnesses have described a Jeep Cherokee being driven at speed towards the building with flames coming out from underneath.

They have also described seeing two Asian men, one of whom was on fire, who had been in the car.

The airport has been evacuated and all flights suspended following the incident at 1515 BST.

One eyewitness said: “I heard the sound of a car’s wheels spinning and smoke coming out. I saw a Jeep Cherokee apparently as if it was trying to get right through the doors into the terminal building. There were flames coming out from underneath then some men appeared from in amongst the flames. The police ran over and the people started fighting with the police. I then heard what sounded like an explosion.“

Eye-witness Richard Gray told BBC News 24: ”A green Jeep was in the middle of the doorway burning. There was an Asian guy who was pulled out of the car by two police officers, who he was trying to fight off. They’ve got him on the ground. The car didn’t actually explode. There were a few pops and bangs which presumably was the petrol.“

UPDATE at 6/30/07 8:53:29 am:

Fox News reports that there have been four people arrested...

UPDATE at 6/30/07 9:03:21 am:

One of the cars involved in yesterday’s attacks was observed by security cameras in Scotland...

Eyewitness reports now confirming that this was no accident, but a deliberate attack...

UPDATE at 6/30/07 9:08:39 am:

An eyewitness account from Sky News (hat tip: Egfrow):

Eyewitness on Sky TV: Car was full of gas cans. Driver and passenger were throwing gasoline all around the scen after they crashed the SUV into the terminal door. After ramming an airport gate, the guy charged the terminal with flames beginning to burst from the vehicle, angling it in order to best ram through the glass terminal door and kill passengers inside. One man from the vehicle burst into flames. Amidst the fire and chaos, the terrorists were wrestled to the ground by taxi drivers and passengers.

UPDATE at 6/30/07 9:14:35 am:

From Sky News:

UPDATE at 6/30/07 9:28:47 am:

From the BBC:

UPDATE at 6/30/07 9:37:09 am:

Another eyewitness account at the Daily Mail: Blazing jeep crashes into British airport

Eyewitness said two Asian men were in a Jeep Cherokee which was driven at speed with flames coming out from underneath at 3.15pm this afternoon.

After the crash, one of men, whose clothes were on fire, jumped out of the car and ran into the terminal building where he was tackled by a heroic holidaymaker.

Police then jumped on top of him as flames continued to rise from his body while terrified onlookers fled in all directions.

One eye witness who knocked the terrorist suspect over with his forearm said: “The man was wrestling with police on the ground.

”I had seen him and the other man get out of the car. The flames were burning through his clothes. Police were telling everybody to get back.

“Some people who were close by shouted ”let him burn“. I saw the holidaymaker who had tackled him with blood streaming from his face and I myself had knocked into him with my forearm.”

The pair were held down before police led them away.

Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 8:33:16 am PST

Gaffer
06-30-2007, 06:42 PM
I think letting him burn would have been appropriate. But I know they want him for what he knows.

Kathianne
06-30-2007, 06:58 PM
I think letting him burn would have been appropriate. But I know they want him for what he knows.

Who is 'him'?

diuretic
07-01-2007, 03:24 AM
Given the years of IRA bombings in Britain these blokes would want to get their act together lest the whole nation busts a gut pissing itself laughing at them.

Gaffer
07-01-2007, 07:37 AM
Who is 'him'?

him = the one that was on fire.