PDA

View Full Version : Holocaust Remembrance Day

namvet
04-15-2015, 02:51 PM
would we do this here?? On Yom HaShoa v'HaGvura (Remembrance for holocaust victims and ghetto fighters) in Israel, a siren rings out. The entire nation comes to a stop. People stand, pray, meditate and remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGPbA9wowRk

jimnyc
04-15-2015, 02:55 PM
That's awesome. The only time I experienced similar here was in NYC in 2002. It was the anniversary of 911 and the city stopped at the moment the first plane hit. Everyone got out of their cars and faced south towards the towers and had a minute of silence. It was a weird feeling, but felt good at the same time to see so many involved.

namvet
04-15-2015, 03:01 PM
That's awesome. The only time I experienced similar here was in NYC in 2002. It was the anniversary of 911 and the city stopped at the moment the first plane hit. Everyone got out of their cars and faced south towards the towers and had a minute of silence. It was a weird feeling, but felt good at the same time to see so many involved.

guess they do this every year??? no sure

jimnyc
04-15-2015, 03:03 PM
guess they do this every year??? no sure

I'm sure there are still minutes of silence throughout the nation in certain areas, but I don't think the city streets shut down like I saw that year.

Jeff
04-15-2015, 03:29 PM
That is fantastic, That reminds me of the day after 9/11 happened, down here in GA we had basically a moment of silence, at the exact time the planes hit you where to have your headlights on if driving, as I was pulling out of the rock quarry I rode past a couple of warehouses where all the employees where outside holding hands. Yes it was eerie in a way but it was the only time in recent years that I seem patriotism.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-15-2015, 06:05 PM
That is fantastic, That reminds me of the day after 9/11 happened, down here in GA we had basically a moment of silence, at the exact time the planes hit you where to have your headlights on if driving, as I was pulling out of the rock quarry I rode past a couple of warehouses where all the employees where outside holding hands. Yes it was eerie in a way but it was the only time in recent years that I seem patriotism.

Government and media have both conspired to shoot that kind of patriotism down..
Remember the bambastard not reciting the Pledge and even turning his stinking muslim back on the flag?
I damn sure do and will never forget what a lying ffing traitor the son of a communist , whore , bitch he is..Tyr