PDA

View Full Version : Benefit Of Being Bush

Kathianne
04-17-2015, 10:15 AM
You can hire some very good people and have the connections to know who they are:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/417075/meet-jeb-bushs-national-security-adviser-eliana-johnson-joel-gehrke

Meet Jeb Bush’s National Security Adviser
by ELIANA JOHNSON & JOEL GEHRKE April 17, 2015 12:07 AM

They may have been mocked at the time, but the views Mitt Romney articulated on the campaign trail in 2012 about foreign affairs are now considered not just clear-sighted but clairvoyant. He said that the U.S. withdrawal from Iraq was a mistake; that Vladimir Putin was a major threat; and that radical Islam was on the ascent. Romney detailed many of these ideas in a wide-ranging address on foreign policy at the Virginia Military Institute. That speech was crafted in part by John Noonan, who was recently tapped to be Jeb Bush’s national-security adviser.

The speculation about where Bush will land on foreign policy given the distinctive legacies of his father, former president George H. W. Bush, and his brother, former president George W. Bush, has been rampant. Until now, Bush has offered little clue, assembling a team of external advisers from both Bush administrations whose views run the conservative foreign-policy gamut: It includes realists such as James Baker and neoconservatives like Paul Wolfowitz. (Along with Noonan, who will handle national-security policy, Bush has tapped Robert S. Karem, most recently a top adviser to House majority leader Kevin McCarthy, to advise him on foreign policy.) Noonan been airing his views on military matters since 2005, first on his own blog and then as a contributor to The Weekly Standard. So his hire is a strong signal of where the candidate himself, who is known to keep his own counsel on policy issues, might stand. Noonan’s hire is earning praise from the hawkish wing of the GOP and assuaging some early concerns among that crowd that Bush’s own views might resemble his father’s more than his brother’s. The Noonan hire, says a former State Department official who has advised several Republican presidential hopefuls, shows that Bush is “squarely in the robust-national-security camp, the Reagan peace-through-strength camp.”

This bodes well for whomever gets the GOP nod, if Bush is not it, these people will likely go to or support whomever wins.

LongTermGuy
04-17-2015, 08:28 PM
You can hire some very good people and have the connections to know who they are:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/417075/meet-jeb-bushs-national-security-adviser-eliana-johnson-joel-gehrke

This bodes well for whomever gets the GOP nod, if Bush is not it, these people will likely go to or support whomever wins.

.....Bush is definitely not it....

Kathianne
04-17-2015, 09:58 PM
.....Bush is definitely not it....

Good advisers is very important, just ask Obama what it's like not to have them.

LongTermGuy
04-17-2015, 10:42 PM
Good advisers is very important, just ask Obama what it's like not to have them.

​Obama...he don't need no stinkin advisers...he has a plan....:laugh:

​http://pragmaticobotsunite.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/tumblr_md1kgg1UtV1rnz1gso1_500.gif

Kathianne
04-18-2015, 09:08 AM
​Obama...he don't need no stinkin advisers...he has a plan....:laugh:

​http://pragmaticobotsunite.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/tumblr_md1kgg1UtV1rnz1gso1_500.gif

My point, exactly. Notice I said, 'if Bush doesn't get the slot...' Walker, Rubio are currently the most likely if not Bush, either would need the best advice they could get, no?

I don't know whom you currently favor, but in any case, who wouldn't need these kind of advisers?

LongTermGuy
04-18-2015, 10:09 PM
My point, exactly. Notice I said, 'if Bush doesn't get the slot...' Walker, Rubio are currently the most likely if not Bush, either would need the best advice they could get, no?

I don't know whom you currently favor, but in any case, who wouldn't need these kind of advisers?

`Of course good presidents have good advisers....Yes?

And I trust ....Ted Cruz would only pick the best...No?

Kathianne
04-18-2015, 11:25 PM
`Of course good presidents have good advisers....Yes?

And I trust ....Ted Cruz would only pick the best...No?

Cruz has a real shot too, was not inferring anything else. When I brought up the advisers Bush has, they are there most likely because of his name and loyalty to family. One term senators and governors don't necessarily have the opportunity to get that caliber of folks with experience. It helps a lot, especially in the first year to have those experienced voices. GW would have been up a creek with 9/11 if he didn't have a deep bench in office and out-thanks to Bush 41.

Whomever is elected in 2016 will be inheriting a more dangerous world then we know. Considering how we all feel regarding current events, that's saying a lot!

I will not be voting for Bush in the primary, but if he does win the nomination I'll vote for him over Hillary. I'd even drag myself to vote for Rand Paul, though I don't think it will come down to that.

Usually a new president will keep on board for at least the short term some of the advisers from the previous administration, I don't see that happening with whomever wins in 2016.

LongTermGuy
04-18-2015, 11:32 PM
Cruz has a real shot too, was not inferring anything else. When I brought up the advisers Bush has, they are there most likely because of his name and loyalty to family. One term senators and governors don't necessarily have the opportunity to get that caliber of folks with experience. It helps a lot, especially in the first year to have those experienced voices. GW would have been up a creek with 9/11 if he didn't have a deep bench in office and out-thanks to Bush 41.

Whomever is elected in 2016 will be inheriting a more dangerous world then we know. Considering how we all feel regarding current events, that's saying a lot!

I will not be voting for Bush in the primary, but if he does win the nomination I'll vote for him over Hillary. I'd even drag myself to vote for Rand Paul, though I don't think it will come down to that.

Usually a new president will keep on board for at least the short term some of the advisers from the previous administration, I don't see that happening with whomever wins in 2016.

~ "Whomever is elected in 2016 will be inheriting a more dangerous world then we know" ~

`This is why I feel we need Cruz....Now...and dont need any left over "advisers" from the obama administration....that is just down right foolishness...I dont see it happening either....