PDA

View Full Version : `.....Veterinarian fired for shooting cat`

LongTermGuy
04-17-2015, 08:17 PM
`..............How does this make you feel?

*The cat it was found out was a `pet` and belonged to an elderly couple.....

Watch the video and read the whole story...

​http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Veterinarian-Brags-About-Killing-Cat-with-Bow-and-Arrow--300293461.html

jimnyc
04-18-2015, 07:06 AM
So she posts the picture, and writes:

Dr. Kristen Lindsey, DVM posted a picture on her Facebook page of her holding an arrow that is sticking through the head of a dead cat. The post read “My first bow kill, lol. The only good feral tomcat is one with an arrow through it's head! Vet of the year award ... Gladly accepted."

And a customer responds to this with:

"She's amazing. She’s caring,” Stoddard said. “She’s a good vet, so maybe her bad choice of posting something on Facebook was not good. But I don't think she should be judged for it."

She shouldn't be judged by her own actions? Why not? SHE posted it herself!! And a good vet shoots arrows through the heads of animals? That's caring? I would NEVER use such a place and would do my best to ensure EVERYONE knew the story and would never go to such a place again. They were smart in canning her pathetic ass.

Jeff
04-18-2015, 07:31 AM
I think the real crime is she didn't wait to see if the cat was feral or not she just assumed, yes the picture was not a nice one at all but as one of the guys interviewed said, people that don't live in the country won't understand. In the country if this cat was truly a feral cat she may have been killing a chicken farmers birds, no telling what a feral cat will do in the right scenario. A example was while living in SC we use to run dogs an Saturday ( let dogs loose in the swamp to chase the deer out ) and the guy that was in charge per say hated deer, see he was a farmer and deer are a farmers enemy, they ruin a lot of crops. But this guy would kill more deer than anyone else every Saturday because he had a agenda, he wasn't just looking for food or a trophy he was killing the enemy. Now I am not saying that cat was the Doc's enemy but like I said in the country you sometimes have to get rid of problem animals, but she should of thought better and realized if that cat was truly feral.

tailfins
04-18-2015, 07:39 AM
So she posts the picture, and writes:

And a customer responds to this with:

She shouldn't be judged by her own actions? Why not? SHE posted it herself!! And a good vet shoots arrows through the heads of animals? That's caring? I would NEVER use such a place and would do my best to ensure EVERYONE knew the story and would never go to such a place again. They were smart in canning her pathetic ass.

It shows incompetence if nothing else. I'm not incensed as you are. However, incompetent employees are a liability. I bet she will exclude herself from putting down any animal going forward.

jimnyc
04-18-2015, 07:39 AM
I think the real crime is she didn't wait to see if the cat was feral or not she just assumed, yes the picture was not a nice one at all but as one of the guys interviewed said, people that don't live in the country won't understand. In the country if this cat was truly a feral cat she may have been killing a chicken farmers birds, no telling what a feral cat will do in the right scenario. A example was while living in SC we use to run dogs an Saturday ( let dogs loose in the swamp to chase the deer out ) and the guy that was in charge per say hated deer, see he was a farmer and deer are a farmers enemy, they ruin a lot of crops. But this guy would kill more deer than anyone else every Saturday because he had a agenda, he wasn't just looking for food or a trophy he was killing the enemy. Now I am not saying that cat was the Doc's enemy but like I said in the country you sometimes have to get rid of problem animals, but she should of thought better and realized if that cat was truly feral.

Even if the cat was feral, and even if a decent reason, there is no need to photograph it while smiling and proclaiming to be vet of the year. One would think a vet would set a trap and bring the cat to a kennel, or to the place she works and have it euthanized at least.

tailfins
04-18-2015, 07:44 AM
Even if the cat was feral, and even if a decent reason, there is no need to photograph it while smiling and proclaiming to be vet of the year. One would think a vet would set a trap and bring the cat to a kennel, or to the place she works and have it euthanized at least.

She failed to consider the good name and reputation of her employer.

Jeff
04-18-2015, 07:50 AM

I agree Jim the picture was tasteless, but then again in the country when you kill a problem animal you are in some ways a hero, but as a Vet I understand what you are saying, but I have hunted alongside more than one vet.

from my original post

yes the picture was not a nice one at all