PDA

View Full Version : .... XXX ~ Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Trailer ~ XXX ....

LongTermGuy
04-17-2015, 09:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe1LrMqURuw

darin
04-18-2015, 12:54 AM
If this is based on a fight between them...its stupid - zod barely lost; batman would have no chance

Noir
04-18-2015, 04:48 AM
If this is based on a fight between them...its stupid - zod barely lost; batman would have no chance

Thats because the Superman portrayed in the movies during the 70s/80s was basically a living god. The fact that these movies were so popular has left a warped view of supermans power.

darin
04-18-2015, 09:01 AM
Im talking the last superman movie. Batman bruises (see: The dark knight). What zod and superman did? No way batman lives. Hell. superman flies batman up to 80k feet altitude and drops him. Or pushes him into deep space. Movie over.

red state
04-18-2015, 09:16 AM
I never got into the Superman concept anyway. As for Batman, I liked the Neal Adams and Joe Kubert Batman over the golden age and HIGH TECH 60's and now today's Batman. In fact, Joe Kubert's Batman was much like Tarzan.....intellectual YET used only the physical training and brains to get the job done. Neal Adams carried this over after Joe Kubert's retirement but the more realistic settings such as the 72-76 CONAN and the Sgt. Rock/Batman team up in The BOLD and the BRAVE with the bilingual Tarzan of the early 70's was good reading and developed many good writers and authors of today.

Anyway, it is just my take on it and I agree that the producers do a terrible job in telling the story of some of the "USA's mythology". Marvel does a much better job in their portrayal of Spider Man, Iron Man, CONAN and other films they've made. Never got into Spidey or Iron man either but was a HUGE fan of Buscema's CONAN. DC simply isn't as good and never was as good as their rival but Marvel did goof up HULK and should have never got the Avenger thing going......don't care for that or the last two Ironman films.

Yep, I've always been a big fan of the old stuff by the old MASTERS such as Alex Nimo, Joe Buscema, Kubert, Adams and cover artist such as FRAZETTA. WE simply don't have that art or story telling today. The artwork is cheap and "generated" and the stories all to often have a "political agenda" when they need to focus on a good story.

DragonStryk72
04-18-2015, 03:52 PM
Thats because the Superman portrayed in the movies during the 70s/80s was basically a living god. The fact that these movies were so popular has left a warped view of supermans power.

Um... what? No, The comic-book superman is still more powerful. He's crushed a miniature black hole in his fist, literally pushed the Earth back into orbit, and even outran a supernova. Then there's the fact that he developed telepathy at some point, and we're covering the Electric Being Supermen yet.

This is all aside from the truly warped powers he had in silver and golden age. No really, they pretty much hand him whatever power he needs for the situation.

My problem with the Batman vs. Superman movie is Man of Steel, where they decided to make him both incredibly emo, AND darker than Batman. He snaps Zod's neck? Why? Cause really, he had a ton of options, and time to think of them. The easiest was "fly up", or put his hand over Zod's eyes, since he's not going to lose his hand. There's yelling out to the family, "You've got time to get your kids out! Move!"

I mean, my God, that was what I was worried they'd do in the first Captain America movie, go the whole emo or gritty route with a character that's really supposed to be that sort of knight in shining armor character. So, what, Supes and Bats are gonna have a mope off at each other now?

Noir
04-25-2015, 05:14 AM
Um... what? No, The comic-book superman is still more powerful. He's crushed a miniature black hole in his fist, literally pushed the Earth back into orbit, and even outran a supernova. Then there's the fact that he developed telepathy at some point, and we're covering the Electric Being Supermen yet. This is all aside from the truly warped powers he had in silver and golden age. No really, they pretty much hand him whatever power he needs for the situation.

Fair enough, i don't have much knowledge of the comic superman history, was just going from information given on the IGN Superhero show podcast, but they've def given out the wrong impression on how comic vs film superman is.

jimnyc
04-25-2015, 06:35 AM
I saw this already. You guys do realize, that Godzilla eats both of them at the end?