nevadamedic
06-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Story Highlights

NEW: One of two suspects in Glasgow incident hospitalized with burns
NEW: Prime Minister Brown announces elevation of threat level
Vehicle crashes into airport terminal, bursts into flames
All flights suspended to and from Glasgow airport

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/06/30/london.alert/index.html

Now were upping security, we don't do that unless were expecting something here. That would make sense, it's coming right up to our Independance day. Unfortunatly I have a bad feeling this is all just the beginning.

nevadamedic
06-30-2007, 05:00 PM
Story Highlights

Officials say no specific threat to U.S. indicated; measure is precautionary
Response to burning car ramming into Glasgow airport ; London car bombs
White House spokesman says President Bush has been briefed
New York police commissioner says maintaining "additional safeguards"

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/30/us.glasgow.reax/index.html

They are definatly expecting something. God forbid nothing happens. It would make sense thought.

Gaffer
06-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Alert status in the US is still the same. Hasn't been raised. The attack in Glassgow and the London car bombs are linked and they are trying to determine in there are one or more sells. I'm really surprised there haven't been more of these style of attacks before this.

nevadamedic
06-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Alert status in the US is still the same. Hasn't been raised. The attack in Glassgow and the London car bombs are linked and they are trying to determine in there are one or more sells. I'm really surprised there haven't been more of these style of attacks before this.

Doesn't mean there wont be attacks happening here in the US it could be a coordinated attack.

Gaffer
06-30-2007, 07:09 PM
I agree there could be attacks here. But I don't think there will be a tie in with the UK attacks.

I will bet there will be a couple of arrests in pakistan as well. They just reported the arrest of two guys besides the ones in the car.

Our turn is coming. The ones that get busted seem to be stupid or they are discovered by chance. The really smart ones are eventually going to succeed.

diuretic
07-01-2007, 03:23 AM
It wouldn't be that smart to pull a couple of bungled attempts in the UK and then strike at the US. But of course it could be an attempt at lulling the US into a false sense of security, given that these perpetrators cocked up everything they tried. But then I don't suppose they really meant to fry themselves in the Jeep at Glasgow Airport, they should have been blown to pieces, instantly, by the explosion, yelling out "see we told you we were serious!". Idiots.

nevadamedic
07-01-2007, 08:35 AM
I agree there could be attacks here. But I don't think there will be a tie in with the UK attacks.

I will bet there will be a couple of arrests in pakistan as well. They just reported the arrest of two guys besides the ones in the car.

Our turn is coming. The ones that get busted seem to be stupid or they are discovered by chance. The really smart ones are eventually going to succeed.

Well being arrests were made im sure we will find our really soon if they have anything planned here. MI5 and our Secret Service work really closely on things like this. Hell between the two, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be anyone arrested. :laugh2:

nevadamedic
07-01-2007, 08:46 AM
I really feel like something bad is going to happen. I would bet that Iran has something to do with it.

nevadamedic
07-01-2007, 09:00 AM
Story Highlights

Great Britain at "critical" terrorism alert level
Two more suspects arrested, Scotland Yard confirms
Police search houses in a town close to Glasgow
Vehicle crashes into terminal, burns; event linked to London car bombs

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/07/01/london.alert/index.html