PDA

View Full Version : Baptism sends Tomball hospital suspect back to jail

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-19-2015, 10:05 AM
http://www.khou.com/story/news/crime/2015/04/17/father-in-hospital-standoff-arrested-for-violating-court-order/25937931/

Kevin Reece, KHOU 11 News 4:54 p.m. CDT April 17, 2015

Baptism sends Tomball hospital suspect back to jail

The man at the center of a hostage standoff in January at Tomball Regional Medical Center is back in jail tonight, in part, because of an Easter weekend baptism videotaped at his Magnolia church.

George Pickering Sr., 59, ordered hospital workers and family members out of his son's hospital room because he believed they were about to disconnect him from life support. His son Georgie, 27, has a history of strokes and seizures and Pickering said he had been told his son was brain dead.

"I had a gun with me. But I didn't intend to hurt anybody," Pickering told KHOU 11 News in an interview in the sanctuary of Silver Springs Baptist Church in Magnolia.

"It was just that if George was going to die, I wanted to die with him," he said. "But then George squeezed my hand three to four times on command. And I knew he wasn't brain dead."

Pickering eventually surrendered and spent more than 70 days in jail, charged with two counts of aggravated assault. And, while awaiting trial, he was issued a no contact order that specified he was not to have any contact with his ex-wife or his two sons.

But this past Easter weekend Pickering was baptized in an emotional service at his Magnolia church. He talked openly about trying to turn his life around. Then the congregation began to applaud when Pickering's son stood at the back of the church. He recovered from that hospital stay and walked to the front of the church to be baptized too. Pickering himself helped baptize his own son. The church, celebrating the change in Pickering's life, published the baptism on social media.

"I'm proud that it happened. Real proud. And I love him so much. I think it's a miracle, a blessing," he said. "It's beautiful. It's beautiful that he's alive and well."

Beautiful, but also a violation of that no contact order. So when Pickering appeared Friday morning for a previously scheduled court hearing, he knew there was a chance Judge Mark Kent Ellis might send him back to jail.

"I'm hoping I go home, number one. I want to go home," he told us before entering the courtroom.

"He was admonished by the judge saying no contact means no contact of any kind," said prosecutor Brittney Aaron. "Right now the church video is the one incident of contact that we do have proof of." Aaron said there were also multiple reports from family members that father and son were often together.

Pickering's attorneys tried to convince the judge that the father and son are inseparable, that Pickering is the primary caretaker for his son and his ongoing medical issues. The judge rejected the argument and immediately revoked Pickering's bail. He is back in the Harris County Jail, held without bond, until his attorneys can get another bond hearing scheduled. At that time Judge Ellis would decide if Pickering would be released or instead held until his case goes to trial.

He saved his son's life by stopping them from unplugging him and suffered greatly for it. Then later he was jailed again for contact and having his son at his baptism.
Folks , this is the raving insanity of the liberal created crap we must face daily--they are as bad as are the damn muslims IMHO..

Had this father not taken action his son would be dead now , yet he pays the price not once but TWICE! -Tyr

LongTermGuy
04-19-2015, 10:46 AM
~ "Folks , this is the raving insanity of the liberal created crap we must face daily-" ~

"​Yes we Can"....
http://img.pandawhale.com/30519-Obama-Oh-Yeah-Gif-u5cA.gif

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-19-2015, 11:26 AM
~ "Folks , this is the raving insanity of the liberal created crap we must face daily-" ~

"​Yes we Can"....
http://img.pandawhale.com/30519-Obama-Oh-Yeah-Gif-u5cA.gif

AAhhh yes, the lying bastard the asshats and their blinded sheep voted in on us not just once but incredibly TWICE!

It takes a very, very special kind of stupid to do that TWICE!

And who can we give the lion's share of thanks for that amazingly dumbass results?
None other than the biggest and most stupid voting bloc of them all.
The one that always votes over 90% for dem candidates, the give me more freebies blacks....
The dem party would be sunk if not for those easily led , easily lied to and gullible self enslaved people... -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-20-2015, 06:26 AM
AAhhh yes, the lying bastard the asshats and their blinded sheep voted in on us not just once but incredibly TWICE!

It takes a very, very special kind of stupid to do that TWICE!

And who can we give the lion's share of thanks for that amazingly dumbass results?
None other than the biggest and most stupid voting bloc of them all.
The one that always votes over 90% for dem candidates, the give me more freebies blacks....
The dem party would be sunk if not for those easily led , easily lied to and gullible self enslaved people... -Tyr

Yes, no thanks for this truth.
Too much truth/reality scares people.
I see the truth of that every damn day.. --Tyr

sundaydriver
04-20-2015, 07:46 AM
I can't get into anything about the condition of the son on life support," said Hammond. "But I can say this father was distraught over the care he was receiving. He was wanting the best and for the doctors and nurses to pay more attention."

According to witnesses, Pickering was standing by his ill son's bedside with another adult son, his ex-wife and a nurse when everything spun out of control without warning.

Apparently this all boils down to what the Father "thought" was to happen. Were his thoughts real or imagined?

I do know that pointing a weapon at a Nurse and family members along with the disruption of treatment & care to other ICU patients does have consequences. Arrest possibly mental evaluation, and the no contact order by the judge, maybe at the request of the family.

He was previously reported to have had contact with his Son possibly again by the family. When you fail to comply with court orders you again suffer the consequences and I don't understand the all present finger pointing as this being a result of liberalism instead of the rule of law for a crime of a violent nature. :rolleyes:

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Man-charged-in-Tomball-hospital-standoff-6008383.php

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-20-2015, 08:17 AM
More information on Pickering case. Why he did it...

http://abc13.com/news/new-details-about-what-happened-inside-tomball-hospital/472046/

Monday, January 12, 2015
TOMBALL, TX (KTRK) -- We're learning new information about a man who police say caused a standoff at a hospital in Tomball over the weekend.

George Pickering, 59, of Pinehurst, is charged with aggravated assault. According to court documents, he went to Tomball Regional Hospital Saturday night, where his son was in the intensive care unit.

When he was told his son had been placed on life support and would soon be taken off, investigators say Pickering pulled a gun from his waistband and pointed it at a nurse who was in the room with other family members.

The nurse said Pickering told her and other family members to leave the room. Pickering then reportedly said he was going to die with his son.

Tomball police sergeant Gary Hammond said that another of Pickering's sons wrestled the gun away.

According to Hammond, Pickering then said, "You don't think that's the only weapon I have."

However, he was not found to have any more weapons at the hospital, the sergeant said.

Pickering surrendered without incident about 11 p.m. after more than a dozen SWAT officers and the Harris County Sheriff's Department negotiating team reported to the hospital.

Pickering reportedly became ill during the standoff and received treatment overnight at Tomball Regional Hospital.

His bond has been set at $30,000.

Pickering was supposed to appear in court for the first time Monday, but he didn't because of a medical condition.

We don't know at this point what happened to Pickering's son or how he ended up on life-support.

--------------------------------------------------

When he was told his son had been placed on life support and would soon be taken off, investigators say Pickering pulled a gun from his waistband and pointed it at a nurse who was in the room with other family members.

Other reports were that the hospital was rushing to take his son off life support so as the get his organs for other patients.
They wrote the young boy off as good as dead but they were DEAD wrong!
The father stopped the hospital from taking him off life support and he lives today..
I had to go thru a dozen links to get this much info as the other links gave the hospital spill on it all.
I recognize such crap a mile away.. The hospital plays the dad off as being crazy but he was actually acting in defense of hasty
decision made by dumbass hospital administrators that only look at the bottom line(money) ...-Tyr