nevadamedic
06-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Story Highlights

NEW: Woman killed was park worker who had just fastened riders in their seats
NEW: Another park worker apparently started up the ride before victim was clear
NEW: Mind Scrambler ride shut down for the summer
Four people have died at historic Playland park in just over three years

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/30/amusement.park.death.ap/index.html

This is the third incident this month where someone has been seriously hurt at Amusement Parks. Something needs to be done to insure safety. Granted this one was human error, but still.

Hugh Lincoln
07-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Hate to agree, but yeah, these rides are dangerous. They kill people. I wouldn't close them down or even sue them... but people should be aware. Like cigarette packs in Europe, they should say, "Riding this ride could kill you" in big black letters. There might also be limits on kids riding, like the girl whose feet were chopped off. I don't know how I feel about 13-year-old girls "volunteering" for that.

dan
07-02-2007, 03:54 AM
Amusement parks aside, does anyone know if there are any safety limits put on local fairs? I haven't been to a county fair in many years, but last time I was, the ride operators didn't look fit to mow my lawn, let alone operate a ride.

nevadamedic
07-02-2007, 09:24 AM
Amusement parks aside, does anyone know if there are any safety limits put on local fairs? I haven't been to a county fair in many years, but last time I was, the ride operators didn't look fit to mow my lawn, let alone operate a ride.

None what so ever, in fact we have one that come's to our town 4-5 times a year and the last time they arested the guy who does the zipper for being in posetion of meth and they did a blood test and he a a lot of it in his system.

nevadamedic
07-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Hate to agree, but yeah, these rides are dangerous. They kill people. I wouldn't close them down or even sue them... but people should be aware. Like cigarette packs in Europe, they should say, "Riding this ride could kill you" in big black letters. There might also be limits on kids riding, like the girl whose feet were chopped off. I don't know how I feel about 13-year-old girls "volunteering" for that.

Yea but this was a worker not a rider, someone started the damn ride while she was strapping people in!

nevadamedic
07-02-2007, 09:28 AM
If I were that girls family, Like Archie Bunker would say, I am going to go get a jew lawyer! :laugh2: