PDA

View Full Version : Hannity

Gunny
04-21-2015, 05:39 PM
This dude is everything wrong with the GOP. He's a nerd. What he does on HIS show is the reason I quit watching Carville on CNN years ago. You only get to speak your piece if you agree with him. Otherwise, you don't get to finish one sentence.

He's a stuffed-shirt, overly-moralistic crusader bent on telling others how to live. Can anyone explain what the difference is between him and what he accuses "liberals" (somebody needs to buy the man a dictionary) of being?

I don't see any difference.

LongTermGuy
04-21-2015, 06:57 PM
This dude is everything wrong with the GOP. He's a nerd. What he does on HIS show is the reason I quit watching Carville on CNN years ago. You only get to speak your piece if you agree with him. Otherwise, you don't get to finish one sentence.

He's a stuffed-shirt, overly-moralistic crusader bent on telling others how to live. Can anyone explain what the difference is between him and what he accuses "liberals" (somebody needs to buy the man a dictionary) of being?

I don't see any difference.

*Hannity is Great...but not perfect...Who is?...let him who is cast the first stone....I feel the guys show is great...*He has nothing to do with the GOP...*watching his show one would learn this....He does not tell anyone `what` to do...but expresses feelings through "caught on video"...Folks decide if they like it or not....they can send him nasty e-mails or ones of gratitude.....Their choice...
Whether one agrees with him or not.... people have a choice to use the TV remote....judging by the ratings many folks would rather leave the remote sit still....he is certainly no "Liberal"....again...watching the show...one would know this and needs no further explanation...Thank GOD for his show....I enjoy it...but that is my point of view...and Thank God....I still have a choice in this country... for now...That I can watch what I please....:)

Noir
04-21-2015, 07:36 PM
I just remember him being the guy who was all 'waterboarding isn't torture, i'll happily get waterboarded for money, and give whats raised to a veteran charity' and ofcourse he never actually bothered to go through with it.

jimnyc
04-22-2015, 08:27 AM
I just remember him being the guy who was all 'waterboarding isn't torture, i'll happily get waterboarded for money, and give whats raised to a veteran charity' and ofcourse he never actually bothered to go through with it.

Yep, I recall that. He told an actor I think that he could do it himself for charity? In fairness though, it was a short blurb, the actor said no - and then folks harped on it incessantly ever since. BUT - you are correct, he just shouldnt' have said it if he wasn't willing to follow through. Like many military who get waterboarded, he wouldn't have lasted more than a few seconds likely, maybe 10. It still wouldn't have answered any questions about whether or not its torture anyway, regardless of how long he lasted. We already have military folks who have taken it and stated absolutely it is not torture. And yep, we have folks who endured it who said absolutely it is. In the end, really all that matters is the law though, and whether or not what is being done at the time is legal.

Gunny
04-22-2015, 02:03 PM
Yep, I recall that. He told an actor I think that he could do it himself for charity? In fairness though, it was a short blurb, the actor said no - and then folks harped on it incessantly ever since. BUT - you are correct, he just shouldnt' have said it if he wasn't willing to follow through. Like many military who get waterboarded, he wouldn't have lasted more than a few seconds likely, maybe 10. It still wouldn't have answered any questions about whether or not its torture anyway, regardless of how long he lasted. We already have military folks who have taken it and stated absolutely it is not torture. And yep, we have folks who endured it who said absolutely it is. In the end, really all that matters is the law though, and whether or not what is being done at the time is legal.

And last night he said he knew a few people he'd like to get in the ring. :laugh:

jimnyc
04-22-2015, 03:10 PM
And last night he said he knew a few people he'd like to get in the ring. :laugh:

Reminds me of Guns 'n Roses "Get in the ring" :)

Yeah, sometimes these knuckleheads and their rhetoric has them biting off more than they can chew and/or looking foolish.

Gunny
04-22-2015, 04:28 PM
I still don't like him but I WILL give him props for this:

He showed a video of two cops pulling an injured man from a burning van that could have exploded at any time.

He showed a video of a cop being bum-rushed by an idiot shout "shoot me" repeatedly and the cop didn't shoot.

Indago can put THAT in his pipe and smoke it.

Drummond
04-22-2015, 06:37 PM
Since I no longer have access to the Sky satellite system, I can't watch Hannity on TV (Hannity & Colmes .. is that still running ?). But at times I get his radio shows on the Internet. He always strikes me as someone talking a great deal of sense.

I recall something of his show on the subject of building a Mosque (was it a mosque ? Definitely pro-Islam, whatever it was ..) or some structure very near to Ground Zero, in New York. He gave the person proposing it a roasting. I felt like cheering him (Hannity) at the time.

Then there was the Hurricane Katrina episode, and Hannity pouring scorn on the fact that dozens of school buses had been parked, idly, in New Orleans, ready and able to assist evacuation efforts ... but the local Lefties in charge had not had the foresight to utilise them. So we instead saw pictures of them semi-submerged in floodwater instead.

His interviews with Ann Coulter were always a pleasure to watch.

He seems to treat Liberals with MORE respect than they deserve, in my opinion. Otherwise, I think he's a splendid broadcaster. I wish the UK had more like him.

By the way, I bought his 'Let Freedom Ring' book. AGAIN, a lot of sense was talked in it. Very informative & insightful.

LongTermGuy
04-22-2015, 06:49 PM
I still don't like him but I WILL give him props for this:

He showed a video of two cops pulling an injured man from a burning van that could have exploded at any time.

He showed a video of a cop being bum-rushed by an idiot shout "shoot me" repeatedly and the cop didn't shoot.

Indago can put THAT in his pipe and smoke it.

Yup....^^^

`...The "shoot me" guy bum rushing the `cop`....Well it was "sweet" and all.... on what the LEO did...and how things worked out....BUT....That "cop" was Lucky ......considering the perps history....for now he is a hero...getting pats on the back....for his restraint....and "sensitivity"....it could of had an ugly ending for the officer and his family....and everyone would of just moved on from the story....and forgot about it....It was his ASS on the line when he was being bum rushed....