PDA

View Full Version : Who Not?

Drummond
06-23-2015, 04:42 PM
If we don't look closer to discover that maybe an over-medicated society leads to unforeseen consequences then we've lost to those who are just going to blame guns or a flag. It concedes defeat on the issue IMO. Who is to say that perhaps the evil is rooted in the drugs?

I think that this argument is just a crock. It's also, at minimum, reminiscent of Leftie thinking, that'll always look for excuses OUTSIDE that of individual culpability to excuse individual intentions and actions.

That you're deviating from going for 'the usual suspects' that Lefties would leap on, e.g 'It's The Guns .. We Need To Crack Down On Easy Availability' .. is all very well, but you're just going for a different target instead, when citing 'drugs' as the issue.

Two points on this: one, if drugs WAS a problem, then would his drug taking, if duplicated by others, guarantee that all those others became homicidal maniacs ?? If 'NO', then that compromises the worth of your argument. And two: nobody force-fed him with drugs in the first place, so far as I know, anyway ...

But tell me this. Don't you identify (at least some of the time) with Libertarianism ?? Because, if so, aren't you aligned with a Movement dedicated to drug decriminalisation ?

Perhaps this is just another of your 'belief inconsistencies' that you badly need to resolve ... for credibility's sake ?

Give it some urgent thought, my son .... :rolleyes:

Drummond
06-23-2015, 07:05 PM
Like Democratic presidents do ya?

I hope this isn't wishful thinking on your part, FJ .. ?

I don't know if this has been said in the American media (and I doubt it has), but the Leftie BBC keeps running a report on Jeb Bush's first bit of electioneering, by holding up a campaign poster showing just the name 'Jeb' and making a point that Jeb Bush has made sure to keep the name 'Bush' off of it.

They're pretty heavy-handedly trying to suggest that Jeb Bush wants to distance himself from association with George W Bush.

That's Lefties for you, of course.

fj1200
06-24-2015, 07:58 AM
I think that this argument is just a crock. It's also, at minimum, reminiscent of Leftie thinking, that'll always look for excuses OUTSIDE that of individual culpability to excuse individual intentions and actions.

Hey DumbF*, I said "perhaps." Let me know when you're done having a conversation with your imagination.

fj1200
06-24-2015, 08:02 AM

Hey DumbF*, why don't you try reading everything I post instead of just what feeds your stupidity.

Let's see who is best able to explain conservatism.

Kathianne
06-24-2015, 08:04 AM
Folks, if you want thread moved to cage, keep it going.

fj1200
06-24-2015, 08:10 AM

I don't. It's up to the DumbF*.

jimnyc
06-24-2015, 08:13 AM

Dirty dancing takes 2. I couldn't care less who is wrong and who is right. The saddest part? I LOVE reading replies from you and Drummond, you guys both write great and usually have good input. But when I see you guys replying to one another? I just scroll faster and move onto the next posts usually.

tailfins
06-24-2015, 08:13 AM
Even people you despise can provide information you wouldn't otherwise get. For example, V4R confirmed something I suspected, but wasn't sure of: The Catholic Church made accommodations to make Pagans more comfortable. Skim for information, gloss over the rest.

Yet the Catholic church promoted Pagan festivals and traditions in an effort to gain followers.

fj1200

http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Drummond http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=743756#post743756)

Hey DumbF*, why don't you try reading everything I post instead of just what feeds your stupidity.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by fj1200 http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=731779#post731779)

Let's see who is best able to explain conservatism.

fj1200
06-24-2015, 08:21 AM
Dirty dancing takes 2.

I beg to differ, it only takes 1 DumbF*. The DumbF* can post with or without his imagination leading him around like a bull with a nose ring. It's completely up to him.

jimnyc
06-24-2015, 08:30 AM
I beg to differ, it only takes 1 DumbF*. The DumbF* can post with or without his imagination leading him around like a bull with a nose ring. It's completely up to him.

But it's also up to you whether or not you respond and take this supposed bait, and the same applies to you. You guys CHOOSE to do so, and CHOOSE not to use the ignore feature.

fj1200
06-24-2015, 08:36 AM
But it's also up to you whether or not you respond and take this supposed bait, and the same applies to you. You guys CHOOSE to do so, and CHOOSE not to use the ignore feature.

You're right, I am choosing to not take the bait and simply point out that he is a DumbF*. I've asked repeatedly for the troll to back up his blather but he is the one who drags up long dead topics into brand new threads. It's up to him which way these threads go.

Kathianne
06-24-2015, 08:38 AM
Moved to cage.

jimnyc
06-24-2015, 08:39 AM
You're right, I am choosing to not take the bait and simply point out that he is a DumbF*. I've asked repeatedly for the troll to back up his blather but he is the one who drags up long dead topics into brand new threads. It's up to him which way these threads go.

And the reason neither one of you can't take it to the cage? Why not take a response there, then let him know, and finish it there? And of course the same would apply to him. This saves the threads, and also prevents others from having to weed through things.

jimnyc
06-24-2015, 08:39 AM
Moved to cage.

I tried. :(

fj1200
06-24-2015, 08:43 AM
Moved to cage.

A little hasty, the F*wit hasn't responded. :poke:

And the reason neither one of you can't take it to the cage? Why not take a response there, then let him know, and finish it there? And of course the same would apply to him. This saves the threads, and also prevents others from having to weed through things.

Finish it there? You've seen the F*wit drag up long dead topics in brand new threads. Trust me, I would love to see some rational discussions but so far he's incapable.

Kathianne
06-24-2015, 08:44 AM

I know. It seems the only recourse.

fj1200
06-24-2015, 08:46 AM

I know. It seems the only recourse.

Try pointing something out to the F*wits.

Jeff
06-24-2015, 08:47 AM

Not hard enough. :poke:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think Fj really likes the Knucklehead crew, yup I am pretty sure he is jealous cause he can't join. :laugh::laugh:

Kathianne
06-24-2015, 08:49 AM
Try pointing something out to the F*wits.

You don't seem to notice but it's been done, repeatedly. To ALL.

jimnyc
06-24-2015, 08:50 AM

Finish it there? You've seen the F*wit drag up long dead topics in brand new threads. Trust me, I would love to see some rational discussions but so far he's incapable.

I just wrote 4 sentences into a reasonable reply here and changed my mind. No one has ever listened to my advice about this stuff before, and it's obvious it won't be happening this time. If you guys are content to fight instead of enjoying your time here with other debates and folks, so be it. I do ask it stays in this section, and staff of course reserves the right to move things here ourselves. Other than that, I suppose have at it.

fj1200
06-24-2015, 08:52 AM
You don't seem to notice but it's been done, repeatedly. To ALL.

I guess I don't notice all those posts about trolls bringing up "Thatcherite" over and over. My bad.

Kathianne
06-24-2015, 08:55 AM
I guess I don't notice all those posts about trolls bringing up "Thatcherite" over and over. My bad.
You don't. Nor do you notice the lack of comment on dumbf*

I'm not picking who's worse, just that it's boring and unfair to others.

fj1200
06-24-2015, 08:55 AM
I just wrote 4 sentences into a reasonable reply here and changed my mind. No one has ever listened to my advice about this stuff before, and it's obvious it won't be happening this time. If you guys are content to fight instead of enjoying your time here with other debates and folks, so be it. I do ask it stays in this section, and staff of course reserves the right to move things here ourselves. Other than that, I suppose have at it.

Do you really think that the F*nut will no longer troll his blather outside the cage? I already know the answer but I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised.

fj1200
06-24-2015, 08:57 AM
You don't. Nor do you notice the lack of comment on dumbf*

I'm not picking who's worse, just that it's boring and unfair to others.

I completely agree, but you know where it starts.

Noir
06-24-2015, 08:58 AM

I beg to differ, it only takes 1 DumbF*

You're right, I am choosing to not take the bait and simply point out that he is a DumbF*.

Moved to cage.

:poke:

fj1200
06-24-2015, 09:33 AM
No one has ever listened to my advice about this stuff before...

Actually I have. I have the banana on ignore, with some recent exception of course, but that doesn't stop him from taking his little pot shots.

Perianne
06-24-2015, 09:41 AM
Drummond, FJ,

DON'T RUIN MY THREAD!!!! Please.

Pick your own thread to sling names back and forth. Okay? For me?

Kathianne
06-24-2015, 09:43 AM
Drummond, FJ,

Good sentiment, but already caged.

If people want nice things...

Jeff
06-24-2015, 09:45 AM

The cage ain't such a bad place, you are allowed to say all kinds of vile things and ya don't get in trouble. :laugh::laugh:

Perianne
06-24-2015, 09:48 AM

Yes, I noticed. I posted before finishing the thread.

I am disappointed in you, FJ. You take something I started and ruined it. Kathianne asked you to stop, but you just had to keep it going.

I feel like saying bad words right now. :(

fj1200
06-24-2015, 09:48 AM
Drummond, FJ,

Your ire is misplaced. :)

Drummond
06-24-2015, 09:54 AM
Hey DumbF*, I said "perhaps." Let me know when you're done having a conversation with your imagination.

I see that you're being your usual, flattering, well-mannered self, FJ. An inestimable joy for this forum to experience ... :laugh::laugh:

You did, indeed, say 'perhaps'. Heyy ... well spotted ! Glad to know that you have some focus on this occasion, my son. But ... er'm, maybe not an enormous amount ? Did I not say ....

if drugs WAS a problem

Be all that as it may, my previous points stand. Points you haven't really addressed.

This is, 'perhaps', very understandable, my son.:rolleyes:

Kathianne
06-24-2015, 09:56 AM
another to cage?

fj1200
06-24-2015, 09:57 AM
:blah:

It's all up to you. Dispense with debating your imagination then maybe I'll bother responding.

fj1200
06-24-2015, 09:58 AM
another to cage?

It's up to him.

Kathianne
06-24-2015, 09:58 AM
It's up to him.

Indeed. I'm starting work. Will check in later.ugh

jimnyc
06-24-2015, 10:03 AM
It's up to him.

It's up to BOTH of you to stop the bickering in regular threads, to take it to the cage, or to ignore one another. Regardless of who is perceived to start it, replying over and over and contributing just as much to it does the exact same thing. No one wants to read every thread being a bickering thread.

Example - he calls you a dickhead - you reply and call him "dumbf*" - you are BOTH wrong. You can keep blaming him for all of the fighting, but like I said, it takes 2 to tango. You guys can stop, or we can simply move posts/threads. But I'm not going to argue in every other thread about who started it and who is contributing to it.

fj1200
06-24-2015, 10:06 AM
Until you recognize the problem you can't identify the solution. :)

jimnyc
06-24-2015, 10:07 AM
Your ire is misplaced. :)

I think as a member in a thread - she sees TWO members fighting back and forth, and thinks that her thread is getting ruined, as others think in so many other threads.

jimnyc
06-24-2015, 10:08 AM
The cage ain't such a bad place, you are allowed to say all kinds of vile things and ya don't get in trouble. :laugh::laugh:

Fuck off :)

fj1200
06-24-2015, 10:09 AM
I think as a member in a thread - she sees TWO members fighting back and forth, and thinks that her thread is getting ruined, as others think in so many other threads.

You are exactly correct. As am I.

Perianne
06-24-2015, 12:05 PM
This was a good, important thread that we could keep building on.

Jimnyc, Kathianne, Abbey, and whoever else is in charge. I have a suggestion.

Why can't you just threadban someone who is determined to ruin threads??? That way, the rest of us can continue with good threads. Give one warning and then POW! Threadbanned. If our software cannot handle it, I will send you money to pay for better software. I am serious. I really liked this thread and am angry that it had to be ruined and moved to the sewer.

aboutime
06-24-2015, 02:51 PM
Until you recognize the problem you can't identify the solution. :)

fj. Therein lies YOUR problem. Many of us out here watching HAVE identified the problem, and..it is you!

Did someone tear up your pre-school diploma? Is that why you act the way you do?

Most of us think so.

jimnyc
06-24-2015, 03:16 PM
This was a good, important thread that we could keep building on.

Jimnyc, Kathianne, Abbey, and whoever else is in charge. I have a suggestion.

Why can't you just threadban someone who is determined to ruin threads??? That way, the rest of us can continue with good threads. Give one warning and then POW! Threadbanned. If our software cannot handle it, I will send you money to pay for better software. I am serious. I really liked this thread and am angry that it had to be ruined and moved to the sewer.

We do have that ability. It's been used very sparingly, but can still be used when necessary.

I would prefer that instead of threads being moved, just offending posts be moved. This allows those parties to continue their disagreement in the cage. THEN if they repeat the crap we will just remove them from the thread. Sometimes with lengthier threads it's easier just to move the whole dang thing though. Also, how much is worth salvaging.

If you would like, I can do the reverse, and move the good posts from this thread and re-create a new thread...?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-24-2015, 03:22 PM

I am disappointed in you, FJ. You take something I started and ruined it. Kathianne asked you to stop, but you just had to keep it going.

Do not let him win like that my friend. Say nothing bad to him is my suggestion. Appears that some people just live to yank other people's chains and
then cry how there has been no damn yanking going on.
Walk the high road and let any member wanting to wallow in the gutter carry on in their way.--Tyr

Jeff
06-24-2015, 03:25 PM
Fuck off :)

That's it, Kat put him in the cage, ooo wait we are there already, ain't it fun prick. :laugh:

jimnyc
06-24-2015, 03:27 PM
That's it, Kat put him in the cage, ooo wait we are there already, ain't it fun prick. :laugh:

Yup, feels just like chatting in real life! :thumb::poke:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-24-2015, 03:36 PM
Damn, you guys act just like my older brother and I.
But let anybody truly threaten either of us and see how fast the other one is ready to demolish the offender!
To this day I have never had to defend him(he is that damn tough) but did a few times because the bastard spouting of did not heed my warning to just shut up. So I broke his ass and saved him an even worse beating from my older brother!
AHHH such fun memories , back in the wild good 'ole days of a chasing skirts and beating hell out of well deserving victims.. :beer:--TYR

Perianne
06-24-2015, 03:41 PM
We do have that ability. It's been used very sparingly, but can still be used when necessary.

I would prefer that instead of threads being moved, just offending posts be moved. This allows those parties to continue their disagreement in the cage. THEN if they repeat the crap we will just remove them from the thread. Sometimes with lengthier threads it's easier just to move the whole dang thing though. Also, how much is worth salvaging.

If you would like, I can do the reverse, and move the good posts from this thread and re-create a new thread...?

I appreciate whatever you could do. I really like this thread and it is one that can keep going all the way up until the election, as people's thoughts and feelings change.

In my opinion, I say threadban the culprits... after a warning. That way, they have no further input into the thread even though it may go on for months. But whatever you want to do.

Please revive this thread.

jimnyc
06-24-2015, 03:48 PM
I appreciate whatever you could do. I really like this thread and it is one that can keep going all the way up until the election, as people's thoughts and feelings change.

In my opinion, I say threadban the culprits... after a warning. That way, they have no further input into the thread even though it may go on for months. But whatever you want to do.

Please revive this thread.

:)

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?50301-Who-NOT-to-vote-for

Perianne
06-24-2015, 03:57 PM
:)

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?50301-Who-NOT-to-vote-for

Thank you, Sweetie!

fj1200
06-25-2015, 04:09 PM

As I said, your anger is misplaced. Truth is your friend if you seek it. :)