PDA

View Full Version : New Bars

Jeff
04-22-2015, 05:24 AM
I finally got the new Apes put on my Wide Glide and I have to admit, it sure enough is fun to ride.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7141&stc=1

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7140&stc=1

Perianne
04-22-2015, 05:44 AM
What is an Ape?

Jeff
04-22-2015, 05:54 AM
What is an Ape?

It's the type of handle bars, Ape Hangers is what they are called.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-22-2015, 06:38 AM
I finally got the new Apes put on my Wide Glide and I have to admit, it sure enough is fun to ride.

Damn nice ride my friend! I bet its a blast to ride on a nice day.....
My wife made me promise no more motorcycles ! Too dangerous for a dad with a newborn son, that was 8 years ago.
Damn sure miss it myself...--Tyr

Jeff
04-22-2015, 07:07 AM
Damn nice ride my friend! I bet its a blast to ride on a nice day.....
My wife made me promise no more motorcycles ! Too dangerous for a dad with a newborn son, that was 8 years ago.
Damn sure miss it myself...--Tyr

Maybe she has forgotten the promise, 8 years is a long time ago. Heck just ride one home, your boy will love it and once the wife see's that she won't be able to object. :laugh:

And thank you, this is the bike I ride mostly around town, loud and proud type deal, my other one is for long rides, much more comfortable but much heavier as well, so to ride around town I stick with this bike.

tailfins
04-22-2015, 07:18 AM
It's the type of handle bars, Ape Hangers is what they are called.

So when you ride, can we call that "ugly on an ape"?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-22-2015, 07:30 AM
Maybe she has forgotten the promise, 8 years is a long time ago. Heck just ride one home, your boy will love it and once the wife see's that she won't be able to object. :laugh:

And thank you, this is the bike I ride mostly around town, loud and proud type deal, my other one is for long rides, much more comfortable but much heavier as well, so to ride around town I stick with this bike.

About 2 years ago a guy I know had a friend wanting to sell his bike cheap and told me about it and what a sweet deal it was. So I talked to my wife about it.. She quickly reminded me that I had promised her not to ride motorcycles and how I do not break promises.
I agreed about my not breaking a promise and asked her to reconsider and let me out of that obligation. Flat out, no way--no dice!
Seems she is determined for me not to die in a bike crash.... her uncle in the Philippines died in a motorcycle wreck back when she was about 13...
She has strongly entrenched views on it... -Tyr

Jeff
04-23-2015, 06:35 AM
About 2 years ago a guy I know had a friend wanting to sell his bike cheap and told me about it and what a sweet deal it was. So I talked to my wife about it.. She quickly reminded me that I had promised her not to ride motorcycles and how I do not break promises.
I agreed about my not breaking a promise and asked her to reconsider and let me out of that obligation. Flat out, no way--no dice!
Seems she is determined for me not to die in a bike crash.... her uncle in the Philippines died in a motorcycle wreck back when she was about 13...
She has strongly entrenched views on it... -Tyr

That is hard, when someone loses someone in anyway they tend to build a hatred for that activity, but in all reality riding isn't as dangerous as folks think. Many folks believe you must have a death wish to ride, but I have been riding for 35 years and have been down but never down by a car, I have bounced off cars but never went down ( and yes that car wound up with a broken windshield after the driver yelled out the window " I shouldn't even be on the road with that thing " seems a I am sorry would of been more appropriate. ) You have to drive for every other vehicle on the road, kind of know ( guess ) what they are going to do, and yes even while doing this accidents happen, but you are much more likley to get killed in a million different other ways, and lets face it when God decides to call you home your time is up period.

Jeff
04-23-2015, 06:38 AM
So when you ride, can we call that "ugly on an ape"?

Sometimes that may be the nicest thing I have been called all day. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-23-2015, 07:52 AM
That is hard, when someone loses someone in anyway they tend to build a hatred for that activity, but in all reality riding isn't as dangerous as folks think. Many folks believe you must have a death wish to ride, but I have been riding for 35 years and have been down but never down by a car, I have bounced off cars but never went down ( and yes that car wound up with a broken windshield after the driver yelled out the window " I shouldn't even be on the road with that thing " seems a I am sorry would of been more appropriate. ) You have to drive for every other vehicle on the road, kind of know ( guess ) what they are going to do, and yes even while doing this accidents happen, but you are much more likely to get killed in a million different other ways, and lets face it when God decides to call you home your time is up period.

Thats pretty much my view on it too but the bosslady has every right to hold me to my promise. I will not broach the subject with her ever again.
I simply do not break promises. That was the first time I've ever asked to be released from a promise I have freely given..

You are correct, when riding --YOU- ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERY DRIVER ON THE ROAD..
You must never let up, never daydream and never drive messed up. -Tyr

aboutime
04-24-2015, 02:50 PM

That's Sweet Jeff. Keep the shiny side up. Oh, I wish I was young again!:laugh: Best ride I ever had was on a GOLD WING in 1981 in California.