PDA

View Full Version : McCain fires back at Paul over ‘lapdog’ comment

jimnyc
04-23-2015, 04:28 PM
I wouldn't vote for Mccain if he was running. I wouldn't vote for Graham. And regardless of the specific comments, he is correct that Paul is the worst when it comes to national security. His foreign policy is shit too.

---

John McCain ripped Rand Paul Wednesday, calling the Kentucky senator the worst among the all the declared and potential 2016 Republican presidential candidates when it comes to national security.

“Senator Paul is the worst possible candidate of the 20 or so that are running on the most important issue, which is national security,” McCain said on Fox News Channel’s “Your World With Neil Cavuto” Wednesday. “The record is very clear that he does not have an understanding of the needs or the threats of United States national security.”

The Arizona senator’s comments came a day after Paul called McCain and Sen. Lindsey Graham “lapdogs for President Obama” on foreign policy.

“They supported Hillary Clinton’s war in Libya,” Paul said in an interview with Fox News’ Bill Hemmer Wednesday. “They supported President Obama’s bombing of Assad. They also support President Obama’s foreign aid to countries that hate us.

“I’m the only one actually standing up and saying the war in Libya was a mistake, the bombing of Assad would make ISIS stronger, the arms to the Islamic rebels would make ISIS stronger.” Paul continued: “These people are essentially the lapdogs for President Obama, and I think they’re sensitive about that.”

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/mccain-fires-back-at-paul-over-lapdog-comment-117177820256.html

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-23-2015, 05:38 PM
Who in their right mind gives a damn what Johnnyboy McSame says about anything--he is a sold out piece of shit.
I have nothing but pure and utter contempt for the worthless son of a bitch...
Bastard needs to meet justice in a bad way IMHO.-Tyr

Gunny
04-23-2015, 05:41 PM
I wouldn't vote for Mccain if he was running. I wouldn't vote for Graham. And regardless of the specific comments, he is correct that Paul is the worst when it comes to national security. His foreign policy is shit too.

---

John McCain ripped Rand Paul Wednesday, calling the Kentucky senator the worst among the all the declared and potential 2016 Republican presidential candidates when it comes to national security.

“Senator Paul is the worst possible candidate of the 20 or so that are running on the most important issue, which is national security,” McCain said on Fox News Channel’s “Your World With Neil Cavuto” Wednesday. “The record is very clear that he does not have an understanding of the needs or the threats of United States national security.”

The Arizona senator’s comments came a day after Paul called McCain and Sen. Lindsey Graham “lapdogs for President Obama” on foreign policy.

“They supported Hillary Clinton’s war in Libya,” Paul said in an interview with Fox News’ Bill Hemmer Wednesday. “They supported President Obama’s bombing of Assad. They also support President Obama’s foreign aid to countries that hate us.

“I’m the only one actually standing up and saying the war in Libya was a mistake, the bombing of Assad would make ISIS stronger, the arms to the Islamic rebels would make ISIS stronger.” Paul continued: “These people are essentially the lapdogs for President Obama, and I think they’re sensitive about that.”

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/mccain-fires-back-at-paul-over-lapdog-comment-117177820256.html

He's Ron Paul's son. Apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, huh?

I'm okay with some of his policies. And he is right. The bombing of Libya was stupid. So was the half-ass attempt at toppling Assad. He's right, whether or not McLame likes it.

Either we go in there and do the WHOLE job, or just get out. Half-assing is half-assing. McCain, the acclaimed "war hero", was a lousy pilot. So he needs to quit running on that. He needs to quit getting attention. He's got nothing to say. "I made my name as an independent running as a Republican going against Republicans". Put that on his tombstone.