PDA

View Full Version : `......NYC-“are there any police officers on the train?!” Swedish cops respond......

LongTermGuy
04-23-2015, 08:24 PM
Quote:
`Four Swedish police officers took a break from their New York vacation to answer the call of duty Wednesday, breaking up an out-of-control fight between two homeless men on a Manhattan subway train.

The Scandinavian patrolmen said they were on their way to see a performance of Les Misérables when they heard the operator of their uptown 6 train yell frantically over the intercom: “are there any police officers on the train?!”

“We thought maybe someone needed help,” said Samuel Kvarzell, 25, a rookie with the Stockholm Police Department.
When they made their way to the front of the train, they saw one homeless man beating the other senseless, as terrified straphangers fled the car into the Bleecker Street station.`

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/2015042295163743.jpg

Swedish cops on vacation break up subway fight (http://nypost.com/2015/04/22/swedish-cops-on-vacation-break-up-subway-fight/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPFacebook&utm_medium=SocialFlow)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDAB35SYIr0

`KUDOS to them!

`They wanted to see Les Miserables and they wound up in fact seeing just that!`:beer:

LongTermGuy
04-23-2015, 08:28 PM
`I see a bunch of White cops oppressing someone......que Al Sharpton:thumb:`

Gunny
04-23-2015, 11:04 PM
Quote:
`Four Swedish police officers took a break from their New York vacation to answer the call of duty Wednesday, breaking up an out-of-control fight between two homeless men on a Manhattan subway train.

The Scandinavian patrolmen said they were on their way to see a performance of Les Misérables when they heard the operator of their uptown 6 train yell frantically over the intercom: “are there any police officers on the train?!”

“We thought maybe someone needed help,” said Samuel Kvarzell, 25, a rookie with the Stockholm Police Department.
When they made their way to the front of the train, they saw one homeless man beating the other senseless, as terrified straphangers fled the car into the Bleecker Street station.`

Swedish cops on vacation break up subway fight (http://nypost.com/2015/04/22/swedish-cops-on-vacation-break-up-subway-fight/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPFacebook&utm_medium=SocialFlow)

`KUDOS to them!

`They wanted to see Les Miserables and they wound up in fact seeing just that!`:beer:

Why should NYPD do anything? So they can get accused of something else by their own mayor?

Jeff
04-24-2015, 06:20 AM
Why should NYPD do anything? So they can get accused of something else by their own mayor?

You are so right Gunny !!! And as time goes it will get worse, and then the nice folks that want to protest everything the cops do will be protesting that the cops aren't doing anything. Might be time to shut the protestors down IMO.

Noir
04-24-2015, 06:40 AM
Might be time to shut the protestors down IMO.

That's what this democracy needs.

Jeff
04-24-2015, 06:46 AM

What we don't need is a bunch of brain dead morons that do nothing for this country except for protesting everything the police do. Like I said once the police have had enough and say the heck with it because they no longer want to be persecuted for doing their jobs then these protestors will be protesting the cops lack of involvement, yes let one of these protestors ( that hate the police ) get robbed and then they want the police at there house.

Noir
04-24-2015, 06:58 AM
What we don't need is a bunch of brain dead morons that do nothing for this country except for protesting everything the police do.

You brush with very broad strokes.

Like I said once the police have had enough and say the heck with it because they no longer want to be persecuted for doing their jobs then these protestors will be protesting the cops lack of involvement, yes let one of these protestors ( that hate the police ) get robbed and then they want the police at there house.

If a policeman wants to leave their job, they're free to do so. I'm guessing this day of 'police have had enough' will never come.

Anyways, how exactly do you advocate the protestors be "shut down".

Jeff
04-24-2015, 07:11 AM

You may be right.

If a policeman wants to leave their job, they're free to do so. I'm guessing this day of 'police have had enough' will never come.

It has already begun.

As for how to shut them down, considering these peaceful protest usually have building burning cop cars turned over and such nice stuff like that, I would send the National Guard in and let them take care of business, I guarantee the protest would stop immediately.

DLT
04-24-2015, 11:55 AM
Quote:

`KUDOS to them!

What I want to know is.....

who is instructing all of these "Amish ferals" to claim ""I can't breathe"" every time they get detained and put in custody by police. Somebody is advising them ....cause they are all saying it now.

Gunny
04-24-2015, 12:31 PM
You are so right Gunny !!! And as time goes it will get worse, and then the nice folks that want to protest everything the cops do will be protesting that the cops aren't doing anything. Might be time to shut the protestors down IMO.

That's about spot on.

Gunny
04-24-2015, 12:32 PM

WHAT democracy?

Gunny
04-24-2015, 12:33 PM

You're one of the aforementioned braindead ones.

Noir
04-25-2015, 04:59 AM
As for how to shut them down, considering these peaceful protest usually have building burning cop cars turned over and such nice stuff like that, I would send the National Guard in and let them take care of business, I guarantee the protest would stop immediately.

Again very vague, what exactly would the national guard do, that would be different to current police efforts, to stop protestors assembling?

You're one of the aforementioned braindead ones.

Hi gunny, you may not have noticed that some of us are using this topic for discussion, and if you have nothing further to add to the discussion but insults, then i think its best you add nothing at all for the sake of other posters, thanks.

Noir
04-25-2015, 05:11 AM
What I want to know is..... who is instructing all of these "Amish ferals" to claim ""I can't breathe"" every time they get detained and put in custody by police. Somebody is advising them ....cause they are all saying it now.

I reckon it was to do with when Eric Garner was choked to death by a policeman, while repeatedly saying 'I can't breath'
This was then followed up by Eric Harris who was 'accidentally' shot (and killed) and while being pinned to the ground and shouting out that he was "losing his breath" the officer replied "fuck your breath".

You don't need 'instructions' when these videos go viral.

jimnyc
04-25-2015, 06:28 AM
This was then followed up by Eric Harris who was 'accidentally'

Why do you state accidentally as if you don't believe that it was an accident, or am I putting too much into the manner you wrote that? I think it was an older fella who likely shouldn't have been carrying a gun if he was too stupid to differentiate between weapons, but I certainly didn't see it as he purposely tried to shoot the guy. Still guilty as hell, at least of manslaughter though.

Jeff
04-25-2015, 08:45 AM
Again very vague, what exactly would the national guard do, that would be different to current police efforts, to stop protestors assembling?

Noir I would have them go in and do what the National Guard is trained to do, keep law and order and way they feel deemed necessary. Yes if this means using deadly force than so be it, but honestly once these protestors know that they have be given the go ahead to do as they where trained to do the protestors would quit with the burning of building and cop cars and all that, lets face it no one wants to fight a fight they can't win but if they are determine to do so then they probably are getting just what they deserve.

Noir
04-25-2015, 08:52 AM
Why do you state accidentally as if you don't believe that it was an accident, or am I putting too much into the manner you wrote that? I think it was an older fella who likely shouldn't have been carrying a gun if he was too stupid to differentiate between weapons, but I certainly didn't see it as he purposely tried to shoot the guy. Still guilty as hell, at least of manslaughter though.

Personally I'm skeptical it was an accident. But regardless of that, as soon as it was released that Eric had been shot (all be it accidentally) i am at a loss as to why the officer thought 'fuck your breath' was an appropriate response.

jimnyc
04-25-2015, 02:04 PM
Personally I'm skeptical it was an accident. But regardless of that, as soon as it was released that Eric had been shot (all be it accidentally) i am at a loss as to why the officer thought 'fuck your breath' was an appropriate response.

What makes you skeptical, prior unrelated shootings clouding things, or based on the facts and video evidence? The video certainly didn't seem to show any malice whatsoever and acknowledged an immediate fuck up. He shouldn't have had a gun and even been there. But I see zilch at this point to see it as anything but an accident.

As to the other officer, probably adrenaline, but he was still 100% wrong to say that to him as he was completely subdued AND shot at that point. It's still standard procedure to cuff and ensure there is no threat, even to a shooting victim, but that was over the line. But the guy was face down and the cop was simply holding the back of his head/neck area pushing him towards the ground to hold him in place, he certainly wasn't the reason why he was having trouble breathing. I suspect the gunshot was the reason for any of his ills at that point.

Gunny
04-25-2015, 02:11 PM

Hi gunny, you may not have noticed that some of us are using this topic for discussion, and if you have nothing further to add to the discussion but insults, then i think its best you add nothing at all for the sake of other posters, thanks.

Try addressing it then instead of making lame, baseless accusations. It works.

Gunny
04-25-2015, 02:12 PM

In other words you aren't addressing the topic; rather, you are speculating on a warped mind.

LongTermGuy
04-25-2015, 08:02 PM
`Swedish cops toast of New York after subduing fight`

New York (AFP) - Four burly Swedish police officers were hailed as heroes and set hearts aflutter with their model-like looks after they put aside their New York vacation to subdue a bloody fight......

New York police commissioner Bill Bratton on Friday thanked the Swedes in person for breaking up what his department described as "an out-of-control fight."
"Privileged to meet with Swedish officers to thank them for all they did. Always on duty!" tweeted Bratton after the meeting, posting a series of photographs of the strapping Scandinavians.
*US news website Mashable called the blond-haired Swedes "alarmingly handsome" and gushed breathlessly that they "look more like Scandinavian models than police officers."
"We came here for vacation," Asberg told the Post. "We're no heroes, just tourists."

http://news.yahoo.com/swedish-cops-toast-york-subduing-fight-231051104.html

Noir
04-26-2015, 05:49 AM
Noir I would have them go in and do what the National Guard is trained to do, keep law and order and way they feel deemed necessary. Yes if this means using deadly force than so be it, but honestly once these protestors know that they have be given the go ahead to do as they where trained to do the protestors would quit with the burning of building and cop cars and all that, lets face it no one wants to fight a fight they can't win but if they are determine to do so then they probably are getting just what they deserve.

So in order to quell these protests, that where the spawn of the deaths of citizens in their community, you would send down a militarised force, to use deadly force (if necessary), and you don't see how that would make the situation worse?

What makes you skeptical, prior unrelated shootings clouding things, or based on the facts and video evidence? The video certainly didn't seem to show any malice whatsoever and acknowledged an immediate fuck up. He shouldn't have had a gun and even been there. But I see zilch at this point to see it as anything but an accident.

I'm skeptical that a man aimed down the barrel of a gun, and thought it was a taser.

As to the other officer, probably adrenaline, but he was still 100% wrong to say that to him as he was completely subdued AND shot at that point. It's still standard procedure to cuff and ensure there is no threat, even to a shooting victim, but that was over the line. But the guy was face down and the cop was simply holding the back of his head/neck area pushing him towards the ground to hold him in place, he certainly wasn't the reason why he was having trouble breathing. I suspect the gunshot was the reason for any of his ills at that point.

and going back to the question that brought these two cases into this thread, when DLT asked who is advising these people to say 'I can't breath' in the case of two Eric's, one was choked to death, saying "I can't breath" another was told "fuck your breath" as he lay dying. People saying "I can't breath" is a non-violent reminder of violence, which needs no instruction.

Jeff
04-26-2015, 06:01 AM
So in order to quell these protests, that where the spawn of the deaths of citizens in their community, you would send down a militarised force, to use deadly force (if necessary), and you don't see how that would make the situation worse?

No Sir I sure don't, see Noir the folks that are truly protesting what they feel is wrong are law abiding citizens, they aren't the ones burning down businesses and turning cop cars over. So if the National guard is called in and they place a curfew on the town where the protest is happening the law abiding citizens will abide by it, only the scum that are truly creating the lawlessness will be out, as for them I say , OPEN FIRE BOYS !!!

Noir
04-26-2015, 06:07 AM
No Sir I sure don't, see Noir the folks that are truly protesting what they feel is wrong are law abiding citizens, they aren't the ones burning down businesses and turning cop cars over. So if the National guard is called in and they place a curfew on the town where the protest is happening the law abiding citizens will abide by it, only the scum that are truly creating the lawlessness will be out, as for them I say , OPEN FIRE BOYS !!!

During this curfew are people allowed to peaceably assemble?

Jeff
04-26-2015, 06:14 AM
During this curfew are people allowed to peaceably assemble?

No Sir, let them peacefully protest all day but say ( 9 PM or dark ) set the curfew. If you allowed the law abiding citizens to assemble at that time then you would have thugs saying they where heading to the protest, just to much confusion that way. I admit this sounds like a real mess but one or two nights with the National guard being allowed to take out the trash and things will straighten out real quick, then the law abiding protestors could actually be heard and people would listen, with all the lawlessness going on at most Peaceful protest no one pays attention to the subject at hand but rather how many business have been burned and arrest made, so it will help the protestors in the long run.

Noir
04-26-2015, 06:31 AM
No Sir, let them peacefully protest all day but say ( 9 PM or dark ) set the curfew. If you allowed the law abiding citizens to assemble at that time then you would have thugs saying they where heading to the protest, just to much confusion that way. I admit this sounds like a real mess but one or two nights with the National guard being allowed to take out the trash and things will straighten out real quick, then the law abiding protestors could actually be heard and people would listen, with all the lawlessness going on at most Peaceful protest no one pays attention to the subject at hand but rather how many business have been burned and arrest made, so it will help the protestors in the long run.

Wow, such freedom!
You know here in Northern Ireland we're coming in to 'riot season' as both sides of the Christian divide get ready to take to the streets, somehow our police (who obviously take the hits from both sides) are able to do so without curfews against peaceable protest, or even use of deadly force (sometimes non-lethal plastic bullets are used). Maybe our lot could teach yours a thing or two, or maybe you'd rather have it your way.

Jeff
04-26-2015, 06:44 AM
Wow, such freedom!
You know here in Northern Ireland we're coming in to 'riot season' as both sides of the Christian divide get ready to take to the streets, somehow our police (who obviously take the hits from both sides) are able to do so without curfews against peaceable protest, or even use of deadly force (sometimes non-lethal plastic bullets are used). Maybe our lot could teach yours a thing or two, or maybe you'd rather have it your way.

Maybe they could or maybe they aren't dealing with the same type of animals that our police are, you talk about riot season, we have no season, when something happens where folks will have a peaceful protest we have some that have no idea what the protest is even about, they just know they have a excuse to act like animals in public and the police can't really do much about it, but like I said let the law truly do it's job one night and these same cowards will crawl back into the gutter they came from.

Noir
04-26-2015, 06:56 AM
Maybe they could or maybe they aren't dealing with the same type of animals that our police are, you talk about riot season, we have no season, when something happens where folks will have a peaceful protest we have some that have no idea what the protest is even about, they just know they have a excuse to act like animals in public and the police can't really do much about it, but like I said let the law truly do it's job one night and these same cowards will crawl back into the gutter they came from.

The summer season is just when we know there will be clashes, the rest of the year is just waiting until something happens that convinces one side that the other is 'gaining ground'. The funniest example IMO was when it was decided to take down a union flag from city hall around Christmas (pissing off the Protestants) and what followed was weeks of riots, they were literally ripping up the streets pavements to throw at police, but life went on, those who where protesting peacefully were able to continue doing so, the riots were contained, and all without curfews or deaths...

Jeff
04-26-2015, 07:02 AM
The summer season is just when we know there will be clashes, the rest of the year is just waiting until something happens that convinces one side that the other is 'gaining ground'. The funniest example IMO was when it was decided to take down a union flag from city hall around Christmas (pissing off the Protestants) and what followed was weeks of riots, they were literally ripping up the streets pavements to throw at police, but life went on, those who where protesting peacefully were able to continue doing so, the riots were contained, and all without curfews or deaths...

Well there would be your answer Noir, we have deaths and many innocent people ( folks not involved on either side ) do get hurt. So apparently it isn't the same.

jimnyc
04-26-2015, 07:02 AM
I'm skeptical that a man aimed down the barrel of a gun, and thought it was a taser.

Fair enough, but at very close range I doubt he pulled the gun, aimed, took notice of the barrel, and pulled. He likely yanked it out, raised it part way and pulled. Hence the fact I said he is guilty as hell of a minimum of manslaughter. He shouldn't have a gun on him if he doesn't know how to use it properly, and he wasn't certified properly.

and going back to the question that brought these two cases into this thread, when DLT asked who is advising these people to say 'I can't breath' in the case of two Eric's, one was choked to death, saying "I can't breath" another was told "fuck your breath" as he lay dying. People saying "I can't breath" is a non-violent reminder of violence, which needs no instruction.

You are correct in this instance. But there ARE tons of other instances that have cropped up, regular arrests, where criminals ARE yelling "I can't breathe". Many do it just to get the police to back off while they are trying to arrest a criminal. The police have literally one second to decide if it's true, and it's usually not, or we would have tons of people around the states with sudden breathing issues, ailments and hospital visits. So someone saying it, as being arrested, doesn't automatically mean the police stop subduing an arrested person, nor does it automatically mean that person is being remotely truthful.

I think the majority of them saying it are just pissed, as cops aren't even near their necks or diaphragm. But in this instance, you are 100% correct in how he was wrong.

jimnyc
04-26-2015, 07:07 AM
Wow, such freedom!

I'll hold the US Constitution and our rights and liberties up against that of NI and the entire UK any day of the week.

jimnyc
04-26-2015, 07:09 AM
Anyone care to guess where these evenings of peaceful protest came from? :laugh:

http://cbsnews2.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2011/07/12/18d71100-a644-11e2-a3f0-029118418759/thumbnail/620x350/1de834480dc0397283db07d0aa4bbf36/ireland_riots2.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/WORLD/europe/07/12/northern.ireland.riots/t1larg.belfast.riots.jpg

jimnyc
04-26-2015, 07:13 AM

Just letting them go... how much damage is done usually? Don't owners/shopkeepers & those losing money care?

Noir
04-26-2015, 10:57 AM
Just letting them go... how much damage is done usually? Don't owners/shopkeepers & those losing money care?

Some were arrested but mostly police are there to contain. Shop owners weren't happy as it was christmas time, but they'll be insured to high gravy against any actual damages etc.

The politicians themselves are part of the act, given the two largest parties represent their respective protestant and catholic voters.

And would you believe I had an election poster dropped through my door not an hour ago (we have an election in 2 weeks) and the top bullet point on the policies page is 'they tore down our flag from city hall' spooky eh? =p

jimnyc
04-26-2015, 11:12 AM
Some were arrested but mostly police are there to contain. Shop owners weren't happy as it was christmas time, but they'll be insured to high gravy against any actual damages etc.

So just pass it off to insurers and act like it's no big deal? Someone still pays for it, and it's not the thugs and other criminals.

The politicians themselves are part of the act, given the two largest parties represent their respective protestant and catholic voters.

And would you believe I had an election poster dropped through my door not an hour ago (we have an election in 2 weeks) and the top bullet point on the policies page is 'they tore down our flag from city hall' spooky eh? =p

Spooky is when anyone tries to get results using violence and destruction, unless it's a war. Same as politicians shouldn't try to use rhetoric and fear to get support/votes.