PDA

View Full Version : Good weekend

WiccanLiberal
04-25-2015, 06:55 PM
So... didn't seem so promising to begin with. V4R notched up 2 of his fingers on a table saw the other day so he is unable to do many of the things he would usually do. So I came home last night and walked the half mile back out to the laundromat and did all the laundry. This morning I paid the gas bill, ordered groceries and cleaned house. I put away the groceries when they arrived and then settled down in the tub for a bubblebath. I gave myself the cheap at home pedicure and cooked dinner - chicken breasts in a honey-mustard glaze with onion. I wrapped them up in foil and baked so there was no dish to clean up. Dinner's done and I can relax with a diet soda and look forward to a completely relaxed day tomorrow. And btw, V4R is healing readily. It's just hard to manage some stuff with the index and middle finger on one hand all bandaged up.

LongTermGuy
04-25-2015, 07:17 PM
So... didn't seem so promising to begin with. V4R notched up 2 of his fingers on a table saw the other day so he is unable to do many of the things he would usually do. So I came home last night and walked the half mile back out to the laundromat and did all the laundry. This morning I paid the gas bill, ordered groceries and cleaned house. I put away the groceries when they arrived and then settled down in the tub for a bubblebath. I gave myself the cheap at home pedicure and cooked dinner - chicken breasts in a honey-mustard glaze with onion. I wrapped them up in foil and baked so there was no dish to clean up. Dinner's done and I can relax with a diet soda and look forward to a completely relaxed day tomorrow. And btw, V4R is healing readily. It's just hard to manage some stuff with the index and middle finger on one hand all bandaged up.

`...Well good..you got a lot done...relaxed and all is working out...This is very good...enjoy the weekend Dear..:)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-25-2015, 07:44 PM

Hope V4R heals up soon. Those saws are wicked machines--no mercy with mistakes made!
I used to bust up my left hand badly fighting , the following couple weeks would always real biaatches trying to do things one handed.--Tyr

Kathianne
04-25-2015, 09:47 PM
WL, your day sounds much like mine, though laundry is thank the Lord in the kitchen and I had to go to grocery myself.

Sunny AZ hasn't been in two days and rain continues into tomorrow. Sigh. Alas, it did keep me in and cleaning. Roomie should be home next week so it will be nice for her.

A bath sounds nice, but only have a shower.

Jeff
04-26-2015, 06:03 AM
Glad your weekend is going good, as for V4R I hope he heals quickly !!

jimnyc
04-26-2015, 07:15 AM
Awesome, enjoy!! And "notched up"? He's lucky he doesn't look like the majority of wood shop teachers around the world!! Although would have made for a cool video for me to enjoy! Tell him to take some pictures of his wounds! LOL

WiccanLiberal
04-26-2015, 10:20 AM
Doubtful as he won't even let me see the middle one. Afraid I'll haul him of to the ER.Told him too long has passed for stitches so little point.

jimnyc
04-26-2015, 11:15 AM
Doubtful as he won't even let me see the middle one. Afraid I'll haul him of to the ER.Told him too long has passed for stitches so little point.

Tell him that if he won't go that you will stitch them with crazy glue while he's sleeping!! :)

WiccanLiberal
04-26-2015, 11:37 AM
They do you use that in some ER's for quick stitch jobs. Problem is the stuff they use is medically sterile. Second problem is I could never catch him that sound asleep. He'd wake up the minute I tried.

NightTrain
04-26-2015, 11:44 AM
You need to break him of that whole aversion to doctors thing. I've lost a few family members because of that crap.

Hitting your fingers with a table saw is a big deal, because it injects foreign particles of wood and who knows what else into the surrounding tissue - high candidates for a bad infection. I've done it myself and those are nasty wounds because it removes the flesh instead of just cutting it, so you've got tissue missing at least as wide as the blade, and naturally you yank your hand back and widens that baby more.