PDA

View Full Version : Confederate Memorial Day 2015 Facts: 5 Things To Know, Holiday Information

Jeff
04-26-2015, 04:54 AM
Yes, today is a Holiday here in GA. I have heard of Confederate Memorial Day but never knew it to be a holiday to be celebrated. but according to this article GA recognizes it on April 26 ( today ) and GA state office's will be closed, now of course today is Sunday so they are closed anyway but I am curious to see if they will be closed tomorrow. I remember when the wife worked for the state ( she ran the WIC unit at the local Health Department ) they did close, but it was never made a big deal of, I actually thought it was one of those days that they got off in place of another.

Confederate Memorial Day will soon take place for a number of states in the southern U.S. The holiday takes place to honor those who died fighting for the Confederacy in the Civil War.
Below are five quick facts about Confederate Memorial Day:
Nine states celebrate some form of the holiday
Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia all have a holiday (http://www.va.gov/opa/speceven/memday/history.asp?utm_source=3birds&%3Butm_medium=Web&%3Butm_campaign=AUBURNVW_Fun+Facts+About+Memorial+ Day) to honor Confederate soldiers who died in the Civil War.
Confederate Memorial Day is a holiday of many names and many dates
When the observance happens and what the holiday is called varies among the nine states. Below is a list detailing when each state has its holiday and what the holiday is officially named:
Georgia -- April 26 -- Confederate Memorial Day
Mississippi -- last Monday of April (April 27 in 2015) -- Confederate Memorial Day
Alabama -- fourth Monday in April (April 27 in 2015) -- Confederate Memorial Day
North Carolina -- May 10 -- Confederate Memorial Day
South Carolina -- May 10 -- Confederate Memorial Day
Virginia -- last Monday in May (May 25 in 2015) -- Confederate Memorial Day
Louisiana -- June 3 -- Confederate Decoration Day
Tennessee -- June 3 -- Confederate Decoration Day
Texas -- Jan. 19 -- Confederate Heroes Day

http://www.ibtimes.com/confederate-memorial-day-2015-facts-5-things-know-holiday-information-1896197

LongTermGuy
04-26-2015, 10:04 AM
`Huh!....never knew that Jeff....

Jeff
04-26-2015, 11:22 AM
`Huh!....never knew that Jeff....

Like I said the wife use to tell me that is why she was off of work but I thought it was just a bogus way to get a day they took from somewhere else, but I guess it really is a holiday. I know when I moved to SC, 20 plus years ago I had to work on July 4th, now I know why. :laugh: Seems they are a bit behind times.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-26-2015, 12:16 PM
http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/us/confederate-memorial-day

Confederate Memorial Day in United States

Confederate Memorial Day is a state holiday in some states in the United States. It gives people a chance to honor and remember the Confederate soldiers who died or were wounded during the American Civil War during the 1860s

Observe Confederate Memorial Day
A range of events are organized on and around Confederate Memorial Day. The Main Library of the University of Georgia marks the occasion by publicly displaying the original Constitution of the Confederate States of America.
Other observances include:
Ceremonies to place flags and wreaths on the graves of Confederate soldiers and memorials to them.
Church services.
Re-enactments (in historical costume) of battles and events from the Civil War.
Displays of Civil War relics.
However, this type of observance is controversial, as some see it as glorifying a culture and way of life that could only exist because of the work carried out by slaves.
Public life
Confederate Memorial Day is a state holiday in Alabama, Florida, and Georgia on the fourth Monday in April. In Mississippi it is observed on the last Monday in April. In South Carolina and North Carolina it falls on May 10.
If Confederate Memorial Day falls on Sunday in North Carolina, the following Monday is a public holiday. Confederate Memorial Day is known as Confederate Heroes Day in Texas. It is held on January 19 each year. Only one day off is given to workers if it coincides with Martin Luther King Day.
In these areas, state offices are generally closed. However, Confederate Memorial Day is not a federal holiday and federal offices may be open. Some schools in states like Georgia are also open. Stores and other businesses may be open or closed according to local custom. Public transit services may operate to their normal or reduced schedules. There may be some minor road closures or congestion around war memorials or important battlegrounds.
About Confederate Memorial Day
Between 1861 and 1865, there was a war between the Union and the Confederate States of America. As slavery disappeared from the northern states, but remained viable in the south, two very different ways of life arose in these sections, according to the US Department of the Interior’s National Park Service. Compromises regarding slavery, especially its extension to the new western territories, became more difficult to achieve. Social, political and economic power was at stake for both the north and the south.
The divisions began in 1860 when Abraham Lincoln, who opposed the expansion of slavery, was elected as president of the United States. Seven states in the south declared their secession from the United States before he took office. Southern states maintained various concerns regarding political ideals, property and homes, protection for their families, and economic loss.
The actual war started on April 12, 1861, at Fort Sumter in South Carolina. The last cease-fire was signed at Fort Towson, Oklahoma, on June 23, 1865, although the naval forces on the CSS Shenandoah did not surrender until November 4, 1865 in Liverpool, Great Britain. It is estimated that more than 600,000 soldiers died during the American Civil War and that about 260,000 of these were Confederates. In addition, an unknown number of civilians died in the hostilities.
Those who died fighting for the Confederate States during the American Civil War are remembered on other dates in some states. In Arkansas and Texas, there are joint celebrations of the birthdays of Robert E. Lee (a general in the Confederate army) and Martin Luther King on the third Monday in January. In Texas, this is sometimes known as Confederate Heroes Day. In Kentucky, Louisiana and Tennessee, the birthday of Jefferson Davis (the only President of the Confederate States of America) on June 3, 1808, is observed.
In North and South Carolina, May 10 marks the anniversaries of the death of Thomas Jonathan 'Stonewall' Jackson (a general in the Confederate army) in 1863 and the capture of Jefferson Davis in 1865. In Pennsylvania, the organization known as the Sons of Confederate Veterans commemorates those who died while fighting for the Confederates. In Virginia, the lives of Confederate soldiers are honored on Memorial Day on the last Monday in May. Confederate Memorial Day was first observed in a number of areas in or just after 1866

tailfins
04-26-2015, 12:24 PM
If you want to celebrate it in Brazil, here's where you go:

This is organized by the descendants of the first Confederate refugees that Dom Pedro II transported from New Orleans in 1867 to the state of Sao Paulo. Apparently some arrived before then, since they are commemorating the 150th Anniversary of their immigration to Brazil.

http://www.santabarbara.sp.gov.br/v5/index.php?pag=noticia&dir=noticias&id=58122

http://www.santabarbara.sp.gov.br/arquivosupload/ASVNW000/58122.jpg

http://festaconfederada.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/folk.png

Com apoio da Prefeitura, acontecerá no dia 26 de abril a 27ª Festa Confederada no Cemitério dos Americanos em Santa Bárbara d’Oeste. Com organização da Fraternidade Descendência Americana, a iniciativa tem início às 10 horas no pátio principal do Cemitério. Durante todo o dia, os visitantes poderão apreciar uma série de atrações culturais e degustar comidas típicas. Os ingressos podem ser adquiridos no dia do evento no valor de R$ 14 (inteira) e R$ 7 (meia).

A Festa Confederada é uma das mais tradicionais da cidade e é a única de Santa Bárbara d’Oeste que consta no calendário da Secretaria de Cultura do Estado de São Paulo. Nesta edição, a festa possui um caráter especial pela celebração dos 150 anos da imigração americana para o Brasil. Assim, a Festa Confederada será o local de confraternização e de comemoração da integração dos povos numa grande e única família brasileira, segundo os organizadores.

Como parte da programação, a festa contará com a apresentação da tradicional Orquestra de Violas de Santa Bárbara d´Oeste. Após a abertura oficial, o cantor Johnny Vox trará o melhor da música country americano. Em seguida, as danças típicas sulistas serão retratados pelos dançarinos do FolkDanci Grupo com o carinho contagiante do Russo Jazz Band e pela emocionante apresentação das gaitas de Fole do grupo SP Scots.

A iniciativa tem parceria também da Casa da Criança de Santa Bárbara d’Oeste, o Rotary Club de Americana, o Grupo Demolay e da Associação Comercial e Industrial de Santa Bárbara d’Oeste (ACISB). A renda da Festa será direcionada para a manutenção do Cemitério do Campo e para subsidiar nossos projetos de comemoração dos 150 anos, tais como a publicação da 3ª. Edição do Livro Soldado (nas versões em Português e Inglês) e a construção do monumento comemorativo dos 150 anos da imigração americana para o Brasil, além de parte da arrecadação na venda das comidas típicas serão destinadas para a Casa da Criança, o Rotary Club Americana e Grupos dos Demolays.

SERVIÇO - O Cemitério dos Americanos está localizado à Estrada dos Confederados, em Santa Bárbara d'Oeste, com acesso pela saída 136 da Rodovia Luiz de Queiroz a SP-304. Mais informações podem ser obtidas pelo site www.festaconfederada.com.br (http://www.festaconfederada.com.br).

Gunny
04-26-2015, 12:33 PM
Yankees suck.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-26-2015, 12:43 PM
If you want to celebrate it in Brazil, here's where you go:

This is organized by the descendants of the first Confederate refugees that Dom Pedro II transported from New Orleans in 1867 to the state of Sao Paulo. Apparently some arrived before then, since they are commemorating the 150th Anniversary of their immigration to Brazil.

http://www.santabarbara.sp.gov.br/v5/index.php?pag=noticia&dir=noticias&id=58122

http://www.santabarbara.sp.gov.br/arquivosupload/ASVNW000/58122.jpg

http://festaconfederada.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/folk.png

Com apoio da Prefeitura, acontecerá no dia 26 de abril a 27ª Festa Confederada no Cemitério dos Americanos em Santa Bárbara d’Oeste. Com organização da Fraternidade Descendência Americana, a iniciativa tem início às 10 horas no pátio principal do Cemitério. Durante todo o dia, os visitantes poderão apreciar uma série de atrações culturais e degustar comidas típicas. Os ingressos podem ser adquiridos no dia do evento no valor de R$ 14 (inteira) e R$ 7 (meia).

A Festa Confederada é uma das mais tradicionais da cidade e é a única de Santa Bárbara d’Oeste que consta no calendário da Secretaria de Cultura do Estado de São Paulo. Nesta edição, a festa possui um caráter especial pela celebração dos 150 anos da imigração americana para o Brasil. Assim, a Festa Confederada será o local de confraternização e de comemoração da integração dos povos numa grande e única família brasileira, segundo os organizadores.

Como parte da programação, a festa contará com a apresentação da tradicional Orquestra de Violas de Santa Bárbara d´Oeste. Após a abertura oficial, o cantor Johnny Vox trará o melhor da música country americano. Em seguida, as danças típicas sulistas serão retratados pelos dançarinos do FolkDanci Grupo com o carinho contagiante do Russo Jazz Band e pela emocionante apresentação das gaitas de Fole do grupo SP Scots.

A iniciativa tem parceria também da Casa da Criança de Santa Bárbara d’Oeste, o Rotary Club de Americana, o Grupo Demolay e da Associação Comercial e Industrial de Santa Bárbara d’Oeste (ACISB). A renda da Festa será direcionada para a manutenção do Cemitério do Campo e para subsidiar nossos projetos de comemoração dos 150 anos, tais como a publicação da 3ª. Edição do Livro Soldado (nas versões em Português e Inglês) e a construção do monumento comemorativo dos 150 anos da imigração americana para o Brasil, além de parte da arrecadação na venda das comidas típicas serão destinadas para a Casa da Criança, o Rotary Club Americana e Grupos dos Demolays.

SERVIÇO - O Cemitério dos Americanos está localizado à Estrada dos Confederados, em Santa Bárbara d'Oeste, com acesso pela saída 136 da Rodovia Luiz de Queiroz a SP-304. Mais informações podem ser obtidas pelo site www.festaconfederada.com.br (http://www.festaconfederada.com.br).

Dem/libs today would have a fit!
Such sacrilege , such audacity, why those morons celebrating the slave beating dogs that the brave Yankees had to quell to save the perfect Union. :laugh:
OK, STRIKE THE WORD PERFECT, don't get carried away here.
After all the Union was pro-slavery until one day it became very convenient not to be.. ;)

Trying to win a war when a great general(Robert E. Lee) is beating the ever loving hell out of every force thrown at him will do that to ya. ;
Remember folks, at one point early on Lee could have easily sacked and burned Washington D.C...
Yet he just like Hannibal( in Rome) decided not to do so. -Tyr

Gunny
04-26-2015, 02:59 PM
Reason being the South originally fought a defensive war. Lee was a defensive genius. Until Antietem in 1863, the war was fought in the South by the Union constantly attacking. McClellan was an idiot.

Grant, Sheridan and Sherman were butchers.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-27-2015, 10:28 AM
Reason being the South originally fought a defensive war. Lee was a defensive genius. Until Antietem in 1863, the war was fought in the South by the Union constantly attacking. McClellan was an idiot.

Grant, Sheridan and Sherman were butchers.

Truth, that they were. The problem was that Lee himself did not want to totally demolish the North, remember he was a former West Point officer and a gentleman of the old school. He made the mistake of --not fighting all out in the beginning, later after the Union gain advantages due to greater resources, manpower and industry, he saw his mistake but it was too late even for his military genius and the Death of Stonewall Jackson was killer to the cause.
History shows that Hannibal could have sacked and burned Rome--but instead retreated to winter in the Po valley--major mistake a although utterly destroying other Roman armies sent out to defeat him he never gained that advantage again. Later treason from his home nation left him without the much needed reinforcements.
Both Hannibal and Lee were military geniuses and great leaders of men but often one single mistake dooms even the best laid plans or the deeds and actions of even geniuses.
Had Lee had more Chesty Puller in him , the South would have one handily the first year of the war.

I play very high level chess and there one sees this play out often! A single mistake snatches victory away as fast as you can blink.
Lee let kindness and compassion get the best of him, later it was too damn late to correct that.
War has no place for that as its meant to be won and won as quickly as possible, any other way is absolute folly IMHO. -Tyr

Gunny
04-27-2015, 01:07 PM
Heh. When I took the Advanced Staff NCO course I beat a Major at Gettysburg. I just did some "rearranging" with the Confederate Army. Like sneak around the Union right and choose MY defensive ground between the Union Army and DC. He had no choice but attack me what with all the politicians crapping their pants. :D

revelarts
04-27-2015, 02:02 PM
warning not quite sarcasm below.

Soooo the confederacy lasted all of around 4 years... and were beaten... defeated... crushed. So how great was it then really? But do you know how many productive hours and billions are lost because of an extra holiday? I'm not anti-southerner but I've worked in the south and i've seen how lazy some of them can be, not all of them mind you, but it's the culture, but I'm just saying another holiday is the last thing the South needs. Plus it was over 100 years ago so why keep bringing it up!? Plus none of you/us were there. So why keep talking about it, much less celebrate a day over it? We didn't cause it, none of the Yankees today had anything to do with it... or gain any benefit from it... at all... in anyway....ever. So it makes no difference today whatsoever. So why should anyone today get a day off to benefit from it, much lest bring it up? huh huh? It should be erased from the history books because i'm tired of talking about "confederate this" "rebel that" everyday. Why are people whining over 100+ year old.. dead "country". yessss it was defeated. yesss it was burned and shown to be immorally racist, but it's over and now. The south should just get over it and move on and stop talking about it waving flags about it etc.. having clubs and memorials over it.

Plus the Yankees were not that bad to the south anyway. People of the south exaggerated and ONLY EVER talk about how terrible the north was in kicking their arses. But the reality was that most confederates who were captured were in very nice prison camps, better than many homes today and jobs today even. And most kept all of the land and property and businesses anyway, only a few were completely ruined ...I won't deny that much. BUT a lot of them were poor and ignorant before the north defeated them anyway. SO after the war the people from the south started to get an education, machines, factories, common sense and civilization. yeah. So it's a great thing that they lost so spectacularly. They should have been thankful and grateful and actually have a day that celebrates the LOSS. And you know , it think, people in the south are secretly thankfully to today that they are still in the U.S.A and not the Confederacy.

Gunny
04-27-2015, 02:14 PM

Soooo the confederacy lasted all of around 4 years... and were beaten... defeated... crushed. So how great was it then really? But do you know how many productive hours and billions are lost because of an extra holiday? I'm not anti-southerner but I've worked in the south and i've seen how lazy some of them can be, not all of them mind you, but it's the culture, but I'm just saying another holiday is the last thing the South needs. Plus it was over 100 years ago so why keep bringing it up!? Plus none of you/us were there. So why keep talking about it, much less celebrate a day over it? We didn't cause it, none of the Yankees today had anything to do with it... or gain any benefit from it... at all... in anyway....ever. So it makes no difference today whatsoever. So why should anyone today get a day off to benefit from it, much lest bring it up? huh huh? It should be erased from the history books because i'm tired of talking about "confederate this" "rebel that" everyday. Why are people whining over 100+ year old.. dead "country". yessss it was defeated. yesss it was burned and shown to be immorally racist, but it's over and now. The south should just get over it and move on and stop talking about it waving flags about it etc.. having clubs and memorials over it.

Plus the Yankees were not that bad to the south anyway. People of the south exaggerated and ONLY EVER talk about how terrible the north was in kicking their arses. But the reality was that most confederates who were captured were in very nice prison camps, better than many homes today and jobs today even. And most kept all of the land and property and businesses anyway, only a few were completely ruined ...I won't deny that much. BUT a lot of them were poor and ignorant before the north defeated them anyway. SO after the war the people from the south started to get an education, machines, factories, common sense and civilization. yeah. So it's a great thing that they lost so spectacularly. They should have been thankful and grateful and actually have a day that celebrates the LOSS. And you know , it think, people in the south are secretly thankfully to today that they are still in the U.S.A and not the Confederacy.

Y'think? The South, as a separate region, has existed since Day One.

You can rethink that "nice" prison camp crap. Not even close. The South had education, machines, more common sense than the North and we were far more civilized than any damned yankee. At least the South called slaves what they were and took care of them. Unlike Northern sweatshops who worked your asses 16 hours a day for pennies so you could afford 3-4 families per tenement.

Blow smoke up someone else's ass.

Gunny
04-27-2015, 02:16 PM
Oh, and you're right about holidays. I'm ALL for getting rid of Martin Luther King Jr Day.

LongTermGuy
04-27-2015, 05:23 PM
Oh, and you're right about holidays. I'm ALL for getting rid of Martin Luther King Jr Day.

`.....That will cause riots and Looting....:thumb:

red state
04-27-2015, 10:13 PM

Rev, I have contemplated saying this a time or two after reading your posts from the past year or two, and you have truly gotten much worse lately, BUT I deemed it necessary to say this after reading the above post:

That crap you wrote about getting OUR @$$ES kicked, for example, is full of $#!T and I am pretty sure you know it...just as you know most of the rioting crap of today has nothing to do with the "down trodden bratha" and simply an excuse to get that new color TV or bottle of booze for FREE.

In closing, I'm actually surprised that someone who whines constantly about THE US of A's treatment of muSLUMs at GITMO (where million dollar soccer fields are made for SCUM and special meals prepared for those who'd gladly rape your wife & daughter before slitting your neck would dare touch on how "NICE" the yankee prisons were. Why don't you admit how GREAT our enemies have it and be truthful about how the yankee prisons left many to die. No wonder many Confederates, who, by the way, were GREATLY outnumbered and out supplied, fought to the death. With the yanks came the liberal scum we see today.....chew on that!

Gunny
04-28-2015, 12:00 AM
Rev, I have contemplated saying this a time or two after reading your posts from the past year or two, and you have truly gotten much worse lately, BUT I deemed it necessary to say this after reading the above post:

That crap you wrote about getting OUR @$$ES kicked, for example, is full of $#!T and I am pretty sure you know it...just as you know most of the rioting crap of today has nothing to do with the "down trodden bratha" and simply an excuse to get that new color TV or bottle of booze for FREE.

In closing, I'm actually surprised that someone who whines constantly about THE US of A's treatment of muSLUMs at GITMO (where million dollar soccer fields are made for SCUM and special meals prepared for those who'd gladly rape your wife & daughter before slitting your neck would dare touch on how "NICE" the yankee prisons were. Why don't you admit how GREAT our enemies have it and be truthful about how the yankee prisons left many to die. No wonder many Confederates, who, by the way, were GREATLY outnumbered and out supplied, fought to the death. With the yanks came the liberal scum we see today.....chew on that!

You got that right. Lincoln was the biggest leftwinger in th world and only Obama comes even close to his trashing the Constitution.

KarlMarx
04-28-2015, 05:06 AM
Considering what went down in Furguson and now Baltimore, I have to wonder why we fought the Civil War at all.

Frankly, IMO, those people who are looting and hurting people would be better off in chains with a regular dose of blows across the back.

Go pick some cotton and do something constructive!

Jeff
04-28-2015, 06:30 AM

Rev I was born and raised in NJ and I can tell you beyond any doubt your accusation of southerners being lazy is just false !!! I worked at a place called Zeus Industries ( when living in SC ) the Mother company was in White Horse NJ, where they started at 15 and change a hour (this was 20 plus years ago ) In SC I was making $6.70 a hour ( that was with the night differential, 50 cents a hour ) The mother company use to send part of their work load down to us so we could help them get it finished, and by the way we had less employees and more work put out already. When I first moved South I took a job driving but it was during a major heat wave and the truck I was to get kept getting loaned out as other drivers where having there AC's fixed , yes I was driving another guys truck logging 5 to 600 miles a day for 25 bucks a day so I quit and went to work with the Highway Department, where they were happy to have me because I had like 16 years experience ( or somewhere around it ) well I left NJ making 40,000 plus a year and when I moved to SC they started me at 6.29 and we worked our butts off here in the south, So no Rev from everything I have seen if you want to call anyone lazy it is the northers not the south, the southerners work twice as hard for half the money.

Then the fact that down here Unions don't go over to well, so yes the money is less as is the HOLIDAYS and Benefit time, Personal days, sicks days and vacation days. Up north all jobs I had I received the 3 basics, personal days, vacation days and sick time. And most companies I worked for back then I had at least 3 personal 10 Vacation days and 12 sick days the first year of service, down here in the south personal days I have never been offered and vacation time usually starts at one week until 5 years of service and 2 - 3 sick days a year is the norm, so if either don't need another day off it is the northerners. As far as holidays up north if I remember correctly we would have about double what we had down here, hell the first year working in SC for the Highway department I had to work on the 4th of July, down here you can count on a day for Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving. A real good company may give you a couple of more days.

Rev I hate to say it but you have either never worked in the South or are Full of Chit or both :laugh:

red state
04-28-2015, 09:35 AM
Rev I was born and raised in NJ and I can tell you beyond any doubt your accusation of southerners being lazy is just false !!! I worked at a place called Zeus Industries ( when living in SC ) the Mother company was in White Horse NJ, where they started at 15 and change a hour (this was 20 plus years ago ) In SC I was making $6.70 a hour ( that was with the night differential, 50 cents a hour ) The mother company use to send part of their work load down to us so we could help them get it finished, and by the way we had less employees and more work put out already. When I first moved South I took a job driving but it was during a major heat wave and the truck I was to get kept getting loaned out as other drivers where having there AC's fixed , yes I was driving another guys truck logging 5 to 600 miles a day for 25 bucks a day so I quit and went to work with the Highway Department, where they were happy to have me because I had like 16 years experience ( or somewhere around it ) well I left NJ making 40,000 plus a year and when I moved to SC they started me at 6.29 and we worked our butts off here in the south, So no Rev from everything I have seen if you want to call anyone lazy it is the northers not the south, the southerners work twice as hard for half the money.

Then the fact that down here Unions don't go over to well, so yes the money is less as is the HOLIDAYS and Benefit time, Personal days, sicks days and vacation days. Up north all jobs I had I received the 3 basics, personal days, vacation days and sick time. And most companies I worked for back then I had at least 3 personal 10 Vacation days and 12 sick days the first year of service, down here in the south personal days I have never been offered and vacation time usually starts at one week until 5 years of service and 2 - 3 sick days a year is the norm, so if either don't need another day off it is the northerners. As far as holidays up north if I remember correctly we would have about double what we had down here, hell the first year working in SC for the Highway department I had to work on the 4th of July, down here you can count on a day for Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving. A real good company may give you a couple of more days.

Rev I hate to say it but you have either never worked in the South or are Full of Chit or both :laugh:

SPOT ON, JEFF!!! Well written and something I should have touched on. It is also off the backs of Southerns (specifically WHITE Southerns) who make up a good portion of our Special Forces Units. The Scot/Cherokee from my area and the predominately SCOT/Irish of Texas is also a big win when one is in a fight. You can keep Florida.....there's so many who aren't the RIGHT mix (yank and cuban and "OTHER") that makes that State an honorary "YANKEE STATE" or at it's best a purplish/pink one.

To touch on something that JEFF failed to mention.....most spots in the South are much cheaper to live than Northern/Lib States where taxes are high to support those that KM touched on (who OBVIOUSLY need to be in chains and has nothing to do with color 'PER~SE'. But it is true that Japan and other big companies come to the South, not only for the cheaper labor, but, for the quality work.

Anyway, good read JEFF and we live in an area that is closer to Heaven than anywhere else I know (and the leftist will eventually ruin it like they've ruined CA and all the rest that their filthy, perverted hands touch. Funny how they complain about US while moving hear (to the land of opportunity). Some move here to simply ruin it as B.O. is purposefully ruining our Nation but many realize that we had it RIGHT all along and they want what we have.

red state
04-28-2015, 09:41 AM
And, by the way, Jeff....I believe Rev (in this case for sure) falls under the latter.

FULL of http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7154&stc=1 CHIT!!!!!

Gunny
04-28-2015, 02:01 PM
SPOT ON, JEFF!!! Well written and something I should have touched on. It is also off the backs of Southerns (specifically WHITE Southerns) who make up a good portion of our Special Forces Units. The Scot/Cherokee from my area and the predominately SCOT/Irish of Texas is also a big win when one is in a fight. You can keep Florida.....there's so many who aren't the RIGHT mix (yank and cuban and "OTHER") that makes that State an honorary "YANKEE STATE" or at it's best a purplish/pink one.

To touch on something that JEFF failed to mention.....most spots in the South are much cheaper to live than Northern/Lib States where taxes are high to support those that KM touched on (who OBVIOUSLY need to be in chains and has nothing to do with color 'PER~SE'. But it is true that Japan and other big companies come to the South, not only for the cheaper labor, but, for the quality work.

Anyway, good read JEFF and we live in an area that is closer to Heaven than anywhere else I know (and the leftist will eventually ruin it like they've ruined CA and all the rest that their filthy, perverted hands touch. Funny how they complain about US while moving hear (to the land of opportunity). Some move here to simply ruin it as B.O. is purposefully ruining our Nation but many realize that we had it RIGHT all along and they want what we have.

You left out Northern Alabama. Primarily Scot heritage. I've got Scot on one side of my family, Irish on the Texas side, and I'm a Marine. I think we just like to fight.:laugh:

red state
04-28-2015, 09:51 PM
Yeah...The injun and Scot in me (nevermind the Irish/Italian) finds me getting FIGHTIN' MAD often and we Southerners know what weez got and yanks will never understand......until they get a taste.

I remember Jesse the bozo Ventura's act when he was a FAKE wrestler. He'd say: "The SOuAWTH....PPppppuuuuuWWwww...I spit on the SOuAwth!" Well, that is exactly our sentiment and the below Merry Melody says it all....

https://youtu.be/uRyIMqXA_o8

BURN THEM BOOTS and SHUT MY MOUTH!!!!

red state
04-28-2015, 09:56 PM
And the similarities in the terrain of these favorite of cartoons may be symbolic but the depiction is DEAD ON ACCURATE (especially giving today's situation) as the left continue to pestil-IZE the North and Left Coasts leaving the beloved South GREEN and in the BLACK.