PDA

View Full Version : Freddie Gray had spinal surgery week prior?

jimnyc
04-29-2015, 09:27 AM
I am not confirming this, this site is. Could be a hoax or complete crap, or it could be true. Does NOT mean the police were innocent even if so, but could change things dramatically. IF this were true, it would have taken FAR FAR less to create a spinal injury, of course.

---

EXCLUSIVE: The Fourth Estate has been told that Freddie Gray’s life-ending injuries to his spine may have possibly been the result of spinal and neck surgery that he allegedly received a week before he was arrested, not from rough excessively rough treatment or abuse from police.

The Fourth Estate has contacted sources who allege that Freddie Gray received spinal and neck surgery a week before we was arrested, and was allegedly receiving a large structured settlement from Allstate Insurance. The surgery is allegedly related to a car accident in which Gray was involved.

Sources allege that Gray also attempted to refinance his structured settlement into one lump sum payment through Peachtree Funding.

If this is true, then it is possible that Gray’s spinal injury resulting from his encounter with the Baltimore Police was not the result of rough-handling or abuse, but rather a freak accident that occurred when Gray should have been at home resting, not selling drugs.

http://thefourthestate.co/2015/04/breaking-freddy-gray-had-spine-surgery-just-one-week-before-arrest/

Kathianne
04-29-2015, 09:35 AM
I've been watching this thread on 'the old site' causing quite the reactions there.

I do know that 'if true' it will come out.

jimnyc
04-29-2015, 09:40 AM
I've been watching this thread on 'the old site' causing quite the reactions there.

I do know that 'if true' it will come out.

Curious, is it a different story there, from another source?

Kathianne
04-29-2015, 09:46 AM
Curious, is it a different story there, from another source?
Same source. Been running since yesterday.

jimnyc
04-29-2015, 12:01 PM
I should have known better than to post without research, considering it's on Snopes... My humble apologies.

---

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/freddiegraysuit.asp

Gunny
04-29-2015, 12:37 PM
I should have known better than to post without research, considering it's on Snopes... My humble apologies.

---

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/freddiegraysuit.asp

IF he did have the surgery, he was stupid to even be out of bed. My ex had a spinal fusion. She was basically in bed and wearing a brace for 90 days. I most certainly can see, if this is the case, how just usual treatment by police could easily tear up a recent spinal fusion.

I also keep hearing "no probable cause" being bantied about. My understanding is he saw the police and immediately ran. That's generally probable cause any and everywhere I've lived.

darin
04-29-2015, 01:09 PM
That snopes doesnt speak to the substance of the back-surgery claim unless I mis-read it.

Gunny
04-29-2015, 01:16 PM
That snopes doesnt speak to the substance of the back-surgery claim unless I mis-read it.

It confirms nothing. It's just another piece to the puzzle we are going to have to wait and find out. I doubt it behooves the family to be forthcoming about it.

Will it matter anyway? The Federal government cleared the Ferguson cop of any wrongdoing in the Michael Brown case; yet, there are reporters on CNN STILL claiming it was injustice. This incident will be the same. Blacks and black activists can't think past "(white) Cop shoots young black man." They don't care what he was doing nor any other circumstances.