PDA

View Full Version : Cool Catholic Bishop quote

Abbey Marie
04-30-2015, 10:57 AM
https://scontent-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10941416_10153306904071942_7058329667438666268_n.j pg?oh=5507431d095e166393875da3bfb56637&oe=55E57D58

Noir
04-30-2015, 11:38 AM
...and yet here i am, an ungodly man who neither want to gody dead or behind bars, how odd. (Metaphorical)

Also, i would much rather than Lions are left to roam their own habitats, than be dead or behind bars. (Literal)

But other than that, a good quote.

tailfins
04-30-2015, 11:41 AM
...and yet here i am, an ungodly man who neither want to gody dead or behind bars, how odd. (Metaphorical)

Also, i would much rather than Lions are left to roam their own habitats, than be dead or behind bars. (Literal)

So you favor not impeding Lucifer as he roams and destroys? You obviously don't know who the "the lion" is.

1 Peter 5:8 King James Version (KJV)

8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

revelarts
04-30-2015, 12:06 PM
https://scontent-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10941416_10153306904071942_7058329667438666268_n.j pg?oh=5507431d095e166393875da3bfb56637&oe=55E57D58

the quotes pretty good.

But ..um... i have to say, i have some trouble with the picture of the guy in the costume.
sorry. but what is that all about? the Hat, the staff, the rings, the gloves the stars around the neck, the latin. what what that's about?
What Bible verses do we get that stuff from again? sorry but it's a distraction for me. makes me think of tin pot dictators and Island medicine men.
I know the Jews had a high priesthood as well with some special attire too but seriously, much simpler stuff.
Abby it's not where you want this to go but ... the guy's owning that stuff with the pose and all. lol.sorry.

Noir
04-30-2015, 12:06 PM
So you favor not impeding Lucifer as he roams and destroys? You obviously don't know who the "the lion" is.

So you think 'The Lion' which the Bishop metaphorically likens to Religion, is Lucifer in this story?
I think you're trying to be too fancy, and your post suffers for your fanciness.

tailfins
04-30-2015, 12:20 PM
The funny thing is, as much as I despise Catholicism, atheism is a quantum leap worse. At least Catholics aren't totally useless. They fight abortion (for the time being), they defend public display of the Nativity, and they for the time being oppose homosexual marriage.

Abbey Marie
04-30-2015, 02:54 PM
the quotes pretty good.

But ..um... i have to say, i have some trouble with the picture of the guy in the costume.
sorry. but what is that all about? the Hat, the staff, the rings, the gloves the stars around the neck, the latin. what what that's about?
What Bible verses do we get that stuff from again? sorry but it's a distraction for me. makes me think of tin pot dictators and Island medicine men.
I know the Jews had a high priesthood as well with some special attire too but seriously, much simpler stuff.
Abby it's not where you want this to go but ... the guy's owning that stuff with the pose and all. lol.sorry.

I was raised Catholic, and I think I can understand the value in creating a certain "mystery" in the church. It tended to make me feel I was in the presence of something mysterious and spiritual. I became Protestant in my teens, and subsequently worship God without the robes and statutes and incense, etc.

In any event, as you have said, the quote is good, and stands on its own, IMO. I am not distracted.

Abbey Marie
04-30-2015, 02:58 PM
The funny thing is, as much as I despise Catholicism, atheism is a quantum leap worse. At least Catholics aren't totally useless. They fight abortion (for the time being), they defend public display of the Nativity, and they for the time being oppose homosexual marriage.

I know there are certain Christians who feel the Catholic Church will be a part of Satan's plan in the end times. Be that as it may, we Protestants and Catholics have much more crucial faith in common, than we have differences. In a world that seems determined to denounce our Lord, I would definitely not choose to single out Catholics as the problem.

Besides, they do a ton of good in the world.

(AND I am about to visit the Vatican, which I expect to be glorious :cool:)

Abbey Marie
04-30-2015, 02:59 PM

Uh oh, Noir, are you subconsciously attesting to the truth of the quote? :eek:

WiccanLiberal
05-02-2015, 08:53 PM
I know there are certain Christians who feel the Catholic Church will be a part of Satan's plan in the end times. Be that as it may, we Protestants and Catholics have much more crucial faith in common, than we have differences. In a world that seems determined to denounce our Lord, I would definitely not choose to single out Catholics as the problem.

Besides, they do a ton of good in the world.

(AND I am about to visit the Vatican, which I expect to be glorious :cool:)

I had the pleasure many years ago. No, the dome of St. Peter's did not crash down on me. Seriously, I hope you get the type of tour guides we had. I love the folksy feel of some of the stories they tell, contrasted with the architectural grandeur of the buildings.