PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Lasagna recipe

DragonStryk72
05-01-2015, 11:34 PM
9 uncooked lasagna noodles
2 cans (10 3/4oz each) cream of chicken soup
2/3 cup milk
2 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (keep in mind, no large pieces since they have to fit in between the noodles)
2 cups cubed, cooked chicken
18 slices American cheese (I usually use either provolone or mozzarella, personally)

cook noodles according to package directions; drain. in a large saucepan, combine soup and milk. cook and stir over low heat until blended. remove from heat; stir in vegetables and chicken.

in a greased 13x9x2 baking dish, layer three noodles, a third of the soup mixture and six cheese slices. repeat layers twice.
cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.

Now, Barilla does a really good lasagna noodle that you don't have to boil first, if you're looking to shave a step. If you're vegan, then we have the following lovely substitutions for you: Switch out the chicken for tofu, and switch out the cream of chicken with cream of mushroom. You can even switch out to almond milk, though you might have to play with the amounts a little bit.

Now, you're going full vegan, cheese presents an issue, though I believe there are some workaround using non-dairy cheeses. And of course, there are gluten free noodles available in most areas these days for the gluten free crowd. Also, if you're gluten-free, it pairs well with either Angry Orchard or Woodchuck hard cider.

LongTermGuy
05-01-2015, 11:36 PM
`Stop it your making me hungry...alright its late...going to Bed...Good-nite...:)