PDA

View Full Version : A lot of cops ARE racist

jimnyc
05-02-2015, 06:02 AM
Here is the only officer charged with "second-degree depraved heart murder". 2 of the other officers involved are black. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE if black people that have been going nuts will still continue to refer to ALL involved as racists, even those MOST responsible for Gray's death, according to the state attorney. You saw the criminals all week, now here is the only one with a murder charge facing 30 years in jail.

http://i.imgur.com/IgbI7Ho.jpg

Kathianne
05-02-2015, 07:03 AM
Here is the only officer charged with "second-degree depraved heart murder". 2 of the other officers involved are black. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE if black people that have been going nuts will still continue to refer to ALL involved as racists, even those MOST responsible for Gray's death, according to the state attorney. You saw the criminals all week, now here is the only one with a murder charge facing 30 years in jail.

http://i.imgur.com/IgbI7Ho.jpg

Natch, they've got that answered:

https://twitter.com/joanwalsh/status/594295481368444928?refsrc=email&s=11

She's from "Salon":

Follow
<button class="user-actions-follow-button js-follow-btn follow-button btn" type="button" style="color: rgb(41, 47, 51); font-family: inherit; font-size: 14px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: bold; font-stretch: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; border: 1px solid rgb(225, 232, 237); padding: 4px 12px 9px; border-radius: 4px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; background: linear-gradient(rgb(255, 255, 255), rgb(245, 248, 250)) no-repeat rgb(245, 248, 250);"></button>

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000138916770/28f0198715c82eba6f16743878e49dc6_bigger.jpegJoan WalshVerified account‏@joanwalsh (https://twitter.com/joanwalsh)

And there is no debate that tragically, black police officers often absorb the attitudes of their colleagues @JuddLegum (https://twitter.com/JuddLegum) @jtlarsen (https://twitter.com/jtlarsen)

LongTermGuy
05-02-2015, 07:11 AM

She's from "Salon":

Just like a typical....liberal..always assuming and making excuses...then sticking their foot in it...

*Like `she` is sayings blacks caint form their own opinions....and are to stupid do so....no one is buying that...next! :)

Trigg
05-02-2015, 07:15 AM

She's from "Salon":

I wonder if she realizes just how condescending she's being towards black people. Basically saying that black people can't think for themselves.

jimnyc
05-02-2015, 07:25 AM
Wow, so it's whitey's fault when a black man kills, because they are influential to them? LOL Excuses, excuses and more excuses for the animals that rioted - and now it'll be condemnation for whitey, but excuses for black cops? Sickly sad.

revelarts
05-02-2015, 07:30 AM
Kath,
I ask you to please go back and look at many of the post i've made over the years on police culture. (Protect and serve thread has a lot)
Before and after all the recent public innocents I've made the case that many "police" not "white police" across the country have nursed an unhealthy dark culture. I've posted links to books and article by WHITE police, from chiefs, to street cops, to uncover guys who all admit and try to explain that reality. it's a hard pill for many to swallow but it's real. Maybe you've heard the saying "Cops aren't black or white they are BLUE"

To many have tried to make it ONLY a black and white issue so the above main point is lost.
It's not primarily a race issue, I've said that from the beginning. though race and poverty are a factor.
If you and others are going to play into the game with those --on both sides-- that can only see race, then whole country looses.

Kathianne
05-02-2015, 07:30 AM
Wow, so it's whitey's fault when a black man kills, because they are influential to them? LOL Excuses, excuses and more excuses for the animals that rioted - and now it'll be condemnation for whitey, but excuses for black cops? Sickly sad.

It's like 'global warming' when one 'fact' is proven untrue, another 'fact' will replace it. There's no limit on stupidity.

Trigg
05-02-2015, 07:35 AM
Gnostic said basically the same thing on his affirmative action thread.

Of course the whites have their token blacks.

Liberals don't think blacks can do for themselves. Gnostic and this woman are basically saying that black people are unable to think for themselves.

Kathianne
05-02-2015, 08:01 AM
Kath,
I ask you to please go back and look at many of the post i've made over the years on police culture. (Protect and serve thread has a lot)
Before and after all the recent public innocents I've made the case that many "police" not "white police" across the country have nursed an unhealthy dark culture. I've posted links to books and article by WHITE police, from chiefs, to street cops, to uncover guys who all admit and try to explain that reality. it's a hard pill for many to swallow but it's real. Maybe you've heard the saying "Cops aren't black or white they are BLUE"

To many have tried to make it ONLY a black and white issue so the above main point is lost.
It's not primarily a race issue, I've said that from the beginning. though race and poverty are a factor.
If you and others are going to play into the game with those --on both sides-- that can only see race, then whole country looses.

I don't think it's only about 'race' though I think that those 'protesting' the 'killing of blacks for no reason, by the police' think so. I think the media and quite a few 'outside groups' are more than willing to play into that belief.

jimnyc
05-02-2015, 08:17 AM
Kath,

That may be fine and dandy - but there is one race that primarily is responsible for the majority of the rioting, looting & violence. The department is diversified, and yet the public cries racism, and then Sharpton and the panthers arrive...

Seems to me, that the majority of folks only seeing race were the black folks in Baltimore, in this case, and the majority of cases when there are riots directed at the police.

revelarts
05-02-2015, 08:25 AM
I don't think it's only about 'race' though I think that those 'protesting' the 'killing of blacks for no reason, by the police' think so. I think the media and quite a few 'outside groups' are more than willing to play into that belief.

There are a lot of people that want to play into that belief. I've posted police items were white cops have killed innocent old white men in their homes. The reality is broader and more nuanced than just race. the media plays off and enflames the heat in neighborhoods that have a history of real abusive police behavior. and many people's passions -on all sides- fuels racial attitudes and people tend to make the worse assumptions of others motives and beliefs base on the thin emotion driven coverage and commentary.
Seems to me all we can really judge are people's actions and words. and honestly try to analyze the WHOLE problem as rationally and honestly as possible and present that reality in the face of heated racial emotion laden outburst of all kinds. we can only pray that the truth prevail and cooler wiser heads rise to the top on all sides. there MANY/MOST those in the black community that are for peace and good policing but it seem the media and others only want to talk about those that say and do the most outrageous things.

aboutime
05-02-2015, 01:53 PM
Jim. Can't disagree with the title of this thread "A Lot of cops ARE racist".

But, at the same time. What most of us always fail to report is "The same can be said for A Lot of Black, Uneducated Americans as well."

That racist idea is, and must always be seen as a Two-Way/Reciprocal for everyone who uses it.

Police officers who are forced to Police in predominantly Black neighborhoods have to pay much more attention
to protecting themselves because The Blacks in large City Ghetto's, where Black on Black crime is far higher, use the cries of Police Brutality in their own defense AFTER THEY COMMIT THEIR CRIMES, and use the Police as their instant TICKET out of jail in many cases.
All ANYONE has to do, in any case, anywhere is....SCREAM POLICE BRUTALITY, or RACISM, and WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THAT. Don't we REV?

jimnyc
05-02-2015, 01:55 PM
Jim. Can't disagree with the title of this thread "A Lot of cops ARE racist".

I was being facetious with the title, and I don't honestly believe that. I think in reality it should read "a small amount of police are racist".

aboutime
05-02-2015, 01:57 PM
I was being facetious with the title, and I don't honestly believe that. I think in reality it should read "a small amount of police are racist".

I know Jim. But, ask those who keep reporting about how BAD, and how much they HATE cops here on DP, and they will be first to disagree with you being facetious about this.

I ask Rev, because he is the self-proclaimed authority on the police. Just ask him.

jimnyc
05-02-2015, 02:14 PM
I know Jim. But, ask those who keep reporting about how BAD, and how much they HATE cops here on DP, and they will be first to disagree with you being facetious about this.

I ask Rev, because he is the self-proclaimed authority on the police. Just ask him.

The cold hard facts and data are the authority.

Gunny
05-02-2015, 02:27 PM
I wonder if she realizes just how condescending she's being towards black people. Basically saying that black people can't think for themselves.

That's always been the leftwing/Democrat mindset. And They DON'T think for themselves. If they did, they'd have realized LONG before now Democrat promises are empty.

A couple of streets over from where the crap took place on Monday are the remains/shells of buildings looted and burned in 1968 when MLK was killed. Not a dime dropped on them in 45 years.

Gunny
05-02-2015, 02:39 PM
Kath,

It's CLASS warfare. Minorities use the smokescreen of race to further their respective agendas. I've said before, you get shot by a cop in Texas odds are good it's a Mexican cop shooting a Mexican. The Bexar County jail's population is mostly Mexican.

What all have in common, for WHATEVER reason is they're poor. And pointing out the obvious isn't being racist. At least Mexicans work. They don't sit around waiting on 50 years old handout promises that never come like blacks.

You can say what you want. The Democrats -- was originally Republicans -- created this "victim" status for blacks. People who wer never slaves want reparations for being slaves. They sit in their neighborhoods THEY destroyed waiting for someone else to come fix them. They all have cell phones, internet, cable TV and a car all acquired on handout or drug money; yet, they're "poor". They need to go live in Indonesia. Or pretty much anywhere else in SE Asia. Or Africa. They don't have ANY idea what "poor" is.

Neither do you. You were almost right until you dragged your "dark culture" conspiracy theory in. You just can't help yourself.

Gunny
05-02-2015, 02:42 PM
Gnostic said basically the same thing on his affirmative action thread.

Liberals don't think blacks can do for themselves. Gnostic and this woman are basically saying that black people are unable to think for themselves.

They aren't incapable. They've just been indoctrinated not to. You've got 3 generations of blacks out there that believe they are entitled, and only the GOP/whitey is keeping them down and we use the cops to do it.

Never mind the elephant in the room: THEY are the ones who get busted for committing crimes.

Gunny
05-02-2015, 02:44 PM

How about " The Police Have the Same 10% of Idiots Most Every Other Demograph Does"?

Note I said "most". The percentage of idiots rises the further left the thinking goes.

Gunny
05-02-2015, 04:04 PM
Note: EVERYONE is biased. I know that's a foreign concept to the PC, but get over it. I'm with Kathianne on this one .. quit misusing our language. Every time you make a decision, you're biased. You're choosing one thing over another. (this ought to send the literalist rev into fits).

"Racism" is a concocted word that means nothing.

revelarts
05-03-2015, 07:38 PM
Note: EVERYONE is biased.

Agreed

"Racism" is a concocted word that means nothing.
every word is concocted.
But the if the word "racism" were meaningless you and others wouldn't have a fit over it anytime it was used. Validly or invalidly.

Jeff
05-03-2015, 07:53 PM
Kath,

There are a lot of people that want to play into that belief. I've posted police items were white cops have killed innocent old white men in their homes. The reality is broader and more nuanced than just race. the media plays off and enflames the heat in neighborhoods that have a history of real abusive police behavior. and many people's passions -on all sides- fuels racial attitudes and people tend to make the worse assumptions of others motives and beliefs base on the thin emotion driven coverage and commentary.
Seems to me all we can really judge are people's actions and words. and honestly try to analyze the WHOLE problem as rationally and honestly as possible and present that reality in the face of heated racial emotion laden outburst of all kinds. we can only pray that the truth prevail and cooler wiser heads rise to the top on all sides. there MANY/MOST those in the black community that are for peace and good policing but it seem the media and others only want to talk about those that say and do the most outrageous things.

Rev I can honestly say that I believe YOU are one of the few that believe cops are blue, and that is a awesome way of looking at things But ( yes you knew there was going to be a but :laugh: ) most in this country aren't looking at it the same way and most that are protesting ( rioting ) are black. Even though facts prove whites are killed more frequently than blacks look at the chants the protestors are yelling, most are about racism as in white one black, just this weekend Atlanta had a protest called " BLACK LIVES MATTER " not the public's lives matter. So it does get a very racist tone about it. But I do hear what you are saying and I do believe there is a small part of the police that are bad apples, but I also believe that if you aren't breaking the law then the police ( good or bad ) won't be around.