PDA

View Full Version : Just watched the big fight! **spoiler alert**

jimnyc
05-03-2015, 06:10 AM
About 10pm last night I had some fight related stuff streaming on the 'net and I was laying on the nearby spare bed with the doggy watching. Then I woke up at 3:30 and the computer was a blank screen of sorts. I done missed the fight of the century! :smoke:

But fear not, I know of a place where you can also kinda see some 'replays' and I just watched the whole thing BEFORE I loaded any other pages to see who won. So I kinda watched it all, and was UNsurprised as most.

Semi-boring fight some thought - but it was a masterpiece by Floyd Mayweather. How a man can be cornered like that, and just duck every punch, is beyond me. It looked like Manny just kind of punched the entire fight, but very, very little was connecting. Floyd threw mostly jabs, mostly connection, and saved the right hand, which he also mostly connected with when he did use it.

I wanted a KO but it went the full 12 and a unanimous decision for the now unified champ and he took the one belt that Manny had, and now Floyd is 48-0 with all belts. He wants one more fight and wants to retire at 49-0 like Marciano.

Not best ever, as a heavyweight would kill him of course - but pound for pound - he is the best ever in my opinion. He made Pac Man look plain old normal in this fight.

Gunny
05-03-2015, 08:10 AM
About 10pm last night I had some fight related stuff streaming on the 'net and I was laying on the nearby spare bed with the doggy watching. Then I woke up at 3:30 and the computer was a blank screen of sorts. I done missed the fight of the century! :smoke:

But fear not, I know of a place where you can also kinda see some 'replays' and I just watched the whole thing BEFORE I loaded any other pages to see who won. So I kinda watched it all, and was UNsurprised as most.

Semi-boring fight some thought - but it was a masterpiece by Floyd Mayweather. How a man can be cornered like that, and just duck every punch, is beyond me. It looked like Manny just kind of punched the entire fight, but very, very little was connecting. Floyd threw mostly jabs, mostly connection, and saved the right hand, which he also mostly connected with when he did use it.

I wanted a KO but it went the full 12 and a unanimous decision for the now unified champ and he took the one belt that Manny had, and now Floyd is 48-0 with all belts. He wants one more fight and wants to retire at 49-0 like Marciano.

Not best ever, as a heavyweight would kill him of course - but pound for pound - he is the best ever in my opinion. He made Pac Man look plain old normal in this fight.

And the Mexican is whining. How do you cry discrimination against a black ma in this country?

BTW, Mayweather beat his ass. My original statement was that if he didn't knock Mayweather out, he'd lose. And he did. No boxing skills.

LongTermGuy
05-03-2015, 09:19 AM
And the Mexican is whining. How do you cry discrimination against a black ma in this country?

BTW, Mayweather beat his ass. My original statement was that if he didn't knock Mayweather out, he'd lose. And he did. No boxing skills.

sure did...
Mayweather outclassed him dancing around in the ring...and used the reach (Jab) advantage to score points for the win...only allowing pac-man to chase him around with out much success.