PDA

View Full Version : After 39 years in prison, an epic tale of innocence found and bitterness lost

WiccanLiberal
05-03-2015, 11:14 AM
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2015/0412/After-39-years-in-prison-an-epic-tale-of-innocence-found-and-bitterness-lost?cmpid=editorpicks&google_editors_picks=true

The article is much too long to quote here. Please take the time to read. I have always known eye witnesses were less than reliable. However, many juries seem to place unusual weight on their testimony. In this case, a man lost the life he might have had and has made the best of the life he has been given back.

jimnyc
05-04-2015, 06:04 AM
I read this yesterday. Wow. I just can't even imagine. 39 years, that's nearly my entire life. Over a kid lying, inventing shit. And even worse, the prosecutor and judge not seeing through the inconsistencies. I hope he gets $50 billion from the state and can at least live a life of luxury for what he has left.

Jeff
05-04-2015, 06:24 AM
I read this yesterday. Wow. I just can't even imagine. 39 years, that's nearly my entire life. Over a kid lying, inventing shit. And even worse, the prosecutor and judge not seeing through the inconsistencies. I hope he gets $50 billion from the state and can at least live a life of luxury for what he has left.

I agree Jim, I can't even imagine, but all the money in the world can't give him the time back nor erase what I am sure he seen over 39 years. But at this point it is all he can get.