PDA

View Full Version : An Idea With Merit

Kathianne
05-03-2015, 11:44 PM
I don't know that I'll find many opportunities here, but I can think of other venues it may well work.

May 02, 2015Fundamental Concepts - Eff Off [Weirddave]

The idea behind Fundamental Concepts has always been that these posts would serve as a kind of political copybook heading, not a pithy saying, but something meant to convey basic American values and, well, fundamental concepts. These last few weeks for some reason have been politically very draining, and it's been harder and harder to think of subjects. We've seen instance after instance where the most egregious violations of American sovereignty and law have been trampled, times when our culture has been debased and our traditional values trampled. I know, it has ever been thus, but somehow it seems worse lately, and this week I figured out why:

Because nobody seems to care.

That's not true. I know that's not true, and so do you, but we're made to believe through the media that we're alone. We're not, and what it is time to do is push back, but we can't push back using our preferred methods. Most of us are here on the right because we value logic and reason over the raw emotionalism of the left. That means that we tend to want to construct long, detailed arguments to prove our points, and as a general rule in a fair debate we destroy the left on the merits of our argument. This reinforces our bias towards intellect over emotion, and we congratulate ourselves that we've proven our point. Now things will surely change!

Except they don't. Know why?

Nobody's listening.

Why is nobody listening? Well, first of all, our coldly logical arguments never get to them. The media cuts and edits and castigates to reinforce their relentlessly leftist point of view so that our arguments never get through. Secondly, many people don't care about well reasoned logical arguments. We live in an age of instant gratification. Like it or not, it's a Vine world out there. Finally, our side has been so demonized that many LIVs won't even bother to listen to what we're saying, dismissing us out of hand.

So what's the solution? The solution is “eff off”.

We have to stop granting the left, and especially the activist left, the SJW types, the courtesy of treating them as if they are legitimate. We need to tell them to eff off. We need to stop debating and start dismissing. Most of what they are saying is so stupid and flimsy that it NEEDS the prop of our treating it seriously to lend it the mantle of legitimacy.

Now obviously I'm not talking about treating serious policy or foreign affairs issues cavalierly. Of course adult subjects need to be treated in an adult manner. There is so much clutter and noise over stupid, inconsequential shit that we need to stop wasting our time responding to it. The entire point of most of this stuff is to keep us distracted and to maneuver us into a position where we can be cast as haters or villains.

What kind of stuff am I talking about? Well, basically, anything that The Political Hat links from social media.

“I'm a dragon-kin, I demand that you respect my draconic traditions!”

No, you're not. Eff off.

“Oh, your belly dancing is cultural appropriation !”

Eff off.

“That's your white privilege talking!”

Eff off, I have the same privilege as you do, I'm a free American.

“You're fat shaming!”

Eff off and eat a salad once in a while.

“I can't stand these micro aggression from you”

How about a macro aggression? Eff off.

And so on. All of this stuff stems from three impulses:

1) A desire to assume unearned moral superiority – I'm better than you

2) A desire to assume unearned prominence – I'm more important than you

3) A desire for attention – Look at me! Aren't I special?

That's what they're looking for. Don't give it to them. Don't play their game, refuse to acknowledge that their game even exists. I just realized it right this second, but this is exactly what Breitbart did, and it drove them NUTS! They're yapping on about the oppression of the 1% and he's screaming “STOP RAPING PEOPLE!” in their face. He popped their bubble. He refused to acquiesce to their assumptions. He pointed out the reality they were purposefully attempting to ignore. Imagine how Andrew would have handled the VA frat rape hoax or the reaction to Christina Hoff Sommers' speech.

Be Breitbart. And have fun with it. The meltdowns from the special snowflakes when you refuse to grant them what they assume is theirs by right of their magnificence are AWESOME.

ETA: I edited out the F word from this post. I didn't realize that using it in the headline can have a negative effect on how ad-bots rate AoSHQ. My apologies to Ace.