PDA

View Full Version : Time of year again !!!

Jeff
05-04-2015, 06:57 AM
Yes it's that time of year again, time to fire up the ole BBQ's. Nothing better than a long day of riding ( my long days have shortened considerably :laugh: over the years ) but it is time for the delicious meat off the grill !!!

Last nights dinner.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7165&stc=1

Yes a couple rack of ribs along with a baked potato and a salad, followed by corn on the cob, man days like yesterday have to be what Heaven is like. :thumb:

LongTermGuy
05-13-2015, 11:29 PM
`....Darn it Jeff! You got me in the mood....:laugh2:

Hell...I always liked grillin videos....for learnin something new......:thumb:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phrr9_eHr7s

darin
05-14-2015, 05:47 AM
I tell ya - bbq is the best. Better, just before this I saw those pics in te Kellie Pickler thread. I tell ya, I'd like to bbq HER...you know...go low, and slow...maybe covered in some sort of sauce....

GodImSoLonely!

:D

Jeff
05-14-2015, 05:53 AM
I tell ya - bbq is the best. Better, just before this I saw those pics in te Kellie Pickler thread. I tell ya, I'd like to bbq HER...you know...go low, and slow...maybe covered in some sort of sauce....

GodImSoLonely!

Dam now ya have me thinking, thinking I have to go wake up Momma and be very nice. :laugh:

As for the GodImSoLonely, it will get better Bro, it always does, give it time and you will be into another relationship and sitting at your computer in the morning trying to figure, hmmm do I really want to be nice and go wake her up. :laugh:

OOO and if my vote counts for anything, BBQ is better, no talking back, unless of course if you eat to much, but even then it only talks back until you flush. :laugh:

LongTermGuy
05-14-2015, 06:40 AM
`​ahhhhhh...so many possibilities:laugh:!

Bilgerat
05-14-2015, 06:49 AM
I had to buy a new smoker this year, burnt out the old one :laugh:

We are able to either grill or smoke year round here.

This is what I use for a smoker. It's a dual fuel model and works great!

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7200&stc=1

And when it's working!

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7201&stc=1

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-14-2015, 07:07 AM

GodImSoLonely!

Inspirational pics on both threads... ;)
Got to admit the Pickler pic interested me much more than the grill but damn I need that grill , mine is old as hell and beat up.--Tyr

jimnyc
05-14-2015, 08:06 AM
I had to buy a new smoker this year, burnt out the old one :laugh:

We are able to either grill or smoke year round here.

This is what I use for a smoker. It's a dual fuel model and works great!

And when it's working!

I want one!!! But just for ribs and other pork and such, none of that lame chicken stuff!! :slap:

darin
05-14-2015, 08:08 AM
how far are you from HotLanta, Jeff? I'm thinking a DebatePolicy.com BBQ is in order.

NightTrain
05-14-2015, 08:08 AM
Just curious, why do you guys stop BBQing during the winter? I do it all year round.

When it's zero degrees or colder I have to bring in the propane tank to warm up and then quickly fire it off, but it's worth it!

Jeff
05-14-2015, 08:18 AM
Just curious, why do you guys stop BBQing during the winter? I do it all year round.

When it's zero degrees or colder I have to bring in the propane tank to warm up and then quickly fire it off, but it's worth it!

I usually don't quit but the last few years when I unhooked the propane tank and hooked it up to the turkey fryer it just kind of stayed there, heck deep fried turkey with some tater salad and corn on the cob is a winter time BBQ. But when the weather gets nice nothing like the smell of some delicious meat cooking away on the grill.

Max R.
05-14-2015, 08:31 AM

Agreed about year-round grilling. I never thought about the propane tank, but it never drops below zero for long in north Texas.

Bilgerat
05-14-2015, 08:46 AM
I want one!!! But just for ribs and other pork and such, none of that lame chicken stuff!! :slap:

I got mine at Home Depot, that 10% off helps !

Last time I went north to see the kids I took it with me. Fired her up, smoked three chickens and a bunch of potatoes.

Just bones left, the grand-kids ate it up! :laugh:

fj1200
05-14-2015, 09:41 AM
how far are you from HotLanta, Jeff? I'm thinking a DebatePolicy.com BBQ is in order.

He's an hour and change but you'll have to go there. To many libs down here. ;) err, I mean bad traffic.

darin
05-14-2015, 10:18 AM

Cuz we, in the 48, are pussies.

:)

jimnyc
05-14-2015, 11:39 AM

Speaking for myself, because I'm a wuss!! Once it's below 40 or so, that's the end of the grill, and more dialing to the pizza place! :)

And if it's frickin zero or colder, I have a fire going, the heat turned up and my ass ain't going outside for anything!! :laugh:

NightTrain
05-14-2015, 11:47 AM
Well... I wasn't insinuating a 'Pussy Factor' or anything... you don't have to stand out there in the cold if it's on your deck by your sliding doors.

jimnyc
05-14-2015, 11:52 AM
Well... I wasn't insinuating a 'Pussy Factor' or anything... you don't have to stand out there in the cold if it's on your deck by your sliding doors.

My grill is about 3 feet from my back door. Or I could just make the woman cook that night. :dunno: But I sure do like pizza!! http://i.imgur.com/jfd9hkV.gif

Jeff
05-14-2015, 02:51 PM

He's an hour and change but you'll have to go there. To many libs down here. ;) err, I mean bad traffic.

fj is exactly right, I am about a hour and a half north of Hotlanta, as for the Libs, naaa y'all be OK fj. :laugh:

To bad you weren't still riding dmp, great riding up here and fj could take you on those crazy wavy hairy turning roads, I guess you guessed it all those scraping of floor boards isn't my style. :laugh: But fj has a beautiful bike and he loves that kind of riding, so once y'all are done chasing your thrills we could go for a nice putt and then throw some kind of animal on the grill. :cool:

Bilgerat
05-14-2015, 04:16 PM
My grill is about 3 feet from my back door. Or I could just make the woman cook that night. :dunno: But I sure do like pizza!! http://i.imgur.com/jfd9hkV.gif

So's mine. Gonna load some charcoal right now and fire her up. Steaks and hot sausage tonight! :mm:

Kathianne
05-14-2015, 07:28 PM

In my homes in Chicagoland, I grilled regardless of the weather. We always had 2 Webers, I like charcoal better than gas.

Alas, Sedona I'm in rental and due to fire danger, no charcoal allowed. No way I'm buying a gas grill to haul around if I have to move down the road.

Speaking of which, probably moving to a ranch in August. It's still Sedona but about 10 miles south of where I am. Full house for the same rent. My roomate's friend owns it, her last kidlet is moving to CO, so she's moving into the guest quarters. No pool, but a hot tub. Thinking about it, think there's a couple grills and a smoker. :beer:

Jeff
05-16-2015, 06:29 AM
OK this is my Grill of choice, it has a serer on one side and a burner on the other and is plenty big enough to cook just about anything I want on, one of the families favorite is BBQ chicken, we buy 3 whole birds cut them in half and BBQ them, my 12 and 13 year old will split one bird as will the wife and I ( some times ) and the third winds up either being lunch for the wife or after school snack for the kids, or both :laugh: The grill still needs the springtime cleaning ( the inside cooking section has been done ) but I usually hit it with a stainless cleaner, and cutting the grass around it instead of moving it doesn't do much for keeping it clean either. :laugh: But tonight we are going to make this baby work, the ol lady hit me with last night after I said steaks sound good, she came with well you know sausage peppers and onions sound good as well, when the conversation goes like that I usually wind up cooking all night, we will cook the steaks sausage and of course Hot dogs and burgers ( that goes with out say ) if we can get some crabs or even clams that will just top things off !!!

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7203&stc=1

This is the other couple that will come help us eat tonight, as you can see my brother there isn't what you would call timid about what he will eat, so yea the more the merry. We are going to ride up in the mountains and then come home and cook, what a perfect Saturday.

This picture was actually taken a few Saturdays ago, one of those lets got for a putt that turned into a all night deal.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7204&stc=1

This guy is actually my best friend, a true Brother, one that knows the meaning of a brother from a different Mother.

LongTermGuy
05-16-2015, 06:56 AM
OK this is my Grill of choice, it has a serer on one side and a burner on the other and is plenty big enough to cook just about anything I want on, one of the families favorite is BBQ chicken, we buy 3 whole birds cut them in half and BBQ them, my 12 and 13 year old will split one bird as will the wife and I ( some times ) and the third winds up either being lunch for the wife or after school snack for the kids, or both :laugh: The grill still needs the springtime cleaning ( the inside cooking section has been done ) but I usually hit it with a stainless cleaner, and cutting the grass around it instead of moving it doesn't do much for keeping it clean either. :laugh: But tonight we are going to make this baby work, the ol lady hit me with last night after I said steaks sound good, she came with well you know sausage peppers and onions sound good as well, when the conversation goes like that I usually wind up cooking all night, we will cook the steaks sausage and of course Hot dogs and burgers ( that goes with out say ) if we can get some crabs or even clams that will just top things off !!!

This is the other couple that will come help us eat tonight, as you can see my brother there isn't what you would call timid about what he will eat, so yea the more the merry. We are going to ride up in the mountains and then come home and cook, what a perfect Saturday.

This picture was actually taken a few Saturdays ago, one of those lets got for a putt that turned into a all night deal.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7204&stc=1

This guy is actually my best friend, a true Brother, one that knows the meaning of a brother from a different Mother.

Lots of good food...drinks....good people and lots of good cookin to do....sounds like a fun time my friend......oh ya...enjoy!:cool:

sundaydriver
05-16-2015, 08:48 AM
I grill year round here in the NE. The grill stays on the deck and in the winter it's lickity split to the grill and house when it's dark, really cold, and windy around dinner time.

Jeff, you're better half and I think alike as tonight for us is also hot Italian sausage with peppers & onions.

NightTrain
05-16-2015, 10:15 AM
OK this is my Grill of choice,

I had that exact same grill a couple of years ago. It was a good one!

But then we had a windstorm with winds up to 100 MPH roll through... Anchorage recorded 103 up on the Hillside if I remember right. Anyway, it ended up getting blown off the deck and smashed into the shed... a twisted pile of shiny sheetmetal with a propane tank in the middle of it. My fault though, I should have bolted it down to the deck or something.

And that's how the Brinkmann died.

Bilgerat
05-16-2015, 10:35 AM
I had that exact same grill a couple of years ago. It was a good one!

But then we had a windstorm with winds up to 100 MPH roll through... Anchorage recorded 103 up on the Hillside if I remember right. Anyway, it ended up getting blown off the deck and smashed into the shed... a twisted pile of shiny sheetmetal with a propane tank in the middle of it. My fault though, I should have bolted it down to the deck or something.

And that's how the Brinkmann died.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7205&stc=1