PDA

View Full Version : `...Maryland lawmaker ....no more food stamps for parents of protesting teens...`

LongTermGuy
05-04-2015, 03:56 PM
`Maryland lawmaker entertains idea of no more food stamps for parents of protesting Baltimore teens`

“That’s an idea and that could be legislation,” McDonough said. “I think that if you could make the case that there is a failure to do proper parenting and allowing this stuff to happen, is there an opportunity for a month to take away your food stamps?”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/l...ltimore-teens/ (http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2015/04/30/maryland-legislator-suggests-taking-food-stamps-away-from-parents-of-protesting-baltimore-teens/)

:wtf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWJM2wZb1Ew

DragonStryk72
05-04-2015, 04:00 PM
So, wait, because your kids acted up, the rest of your family doesn't get to eat?

Gunny
05-04-2015, 04:02 PM
`Maryland lawmaker entertains idea of no more food stamps for parents of protesting Baltimore teens`

“That’s an idea and that could be legislation,” McDonough said. “I think that if you could make the case that there is a failure to do proper parenting and allowing this stuff to happen, is there an opportunity for a month to take away your food stamps?”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/l...ltimore-teens/ (http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/local/wp/2015/04/30/maryland-legislator-suggests-taking-food-stamps-away-from-parents-of-protesting-baltimore-teens/)

:wtf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWJM2wZb1Ew

Punish the parents. That's always "fair", and "works (NOT).

LongTermGuy
05-04-2015, 04:06 PM
:salute:
~ "It's generally a bad idea to attack, berate and destroy the property of those who pay for and almost exclusively grow your food, who constitute a much larger ethnic group than you, and who own millions of guns. Sooner or later they will cut off your support and start shooting you in self-defense.

Hard lesson, but one that needs to be taught - immediately." ~

LongTermGuy
05-04-2015, 04:20 PM
`.....If one has time to protest (even peaceful protesters) ...they have time to find a job and work....
Thug looters who are caught....their parents should pay for the damages done one way or another....What majority of folks pays for the "benefits" through their taxes? The same majority that work and own business and try to earn a living....Then their stuff gets damaged by ignorant out of control savage thugs?`

Perianne
05-04-2015, 04:42 PM
So, wait, because your kids acted up, the rest of your family doesn't get to eat?

They should have jobs and support themselves, so taking away food stamps should not affect them. But, if they are on food stamps to eat and it gets taken away because Quintavion has been acting out, I suspect someone is going to get their foot in Quintavion's butt.

LongTermGuy
05-04-2015, 04:47 PM
They should have jobs and support themselves, so taking away food stamps should not affect them. But, if they are on food stamps to eat and it gets taken away because Quintavion has been acting out, I suspect someone is going to get their foot in Quintavion's butt.

`....How about this low info ignorant "yes we can" anti-American fatty?

Warning...Language...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oGTsbg1eVY

Gunny
05-04-2015, 04:50 PM
:salute:
~ "It's generally a bad idea to attack, berate and destroy the property of those who pay for and almost exclusively grow your food, who constitute a much larger ethnic group than you, and who own millions of guns. Sooner or later they will cut off your support and start shooting you in self-defense.

Hard lesson, but one that needs to be taught - immediately." ~

But they know where to get the money. In CA, if your child gets busted smoking cigarettes, YOU get fined. But pot's legal. :wtf:

DragonStryk72
05-04-2015, 06:14 PM

Wait, so your opinion is that children, properly raised, will NEVER do a bad thing, and if one of them does, then the children who did behave, who did everything right, should starve because their brother had a sudden dumbass attack?and they should starve TO DEATH for it. That's what happens when you have no food for a month.

Gunny
05-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Wait, so your opinion is that children, properly raised, will NEVER do a bad thing, and if one of them does, then the children who did behave, who did everything right, should starve because their brother had a sudden dumbass attack?and they should starve TO DEATH for it. That's what happens when you have no food for a month.

You can't control children once they hit puberty. It's on like Donkey Kong then. :laugh:

aboutime
05-04-2015, 07:11 PM
This link shows that Obama took care of the Democrats in Baltimore who LOOK LIKE HIS SON, with more money thrown at a wall that stuck in the Politicians pockets????

http://freebeacon.com/issues/baltimore-received-1-8-billion-from-obamas-stimulus-law/

Perianne
05-04-2015, 07:19 PM

No, the other children should not starve. I didn't say that at all. The parents should have other means to support their children.

DragonStryk72
05-04-2015, 07:40 PM
No, the other children should not starve. I didn't say that at all. The parents should have other means to support their children.

If they did, they wouldn't be on food stamps, so yes, that is what you're saying.

Jeff
05-05-2015, 05:32 AM

If they did, they wouldn't be on food stamps, so yes, that is what you're saying.

I think the theory here is if the parents are raising the kids right they wouldn't be on food stamps, at least not making a living out of it, I think this is a very broad accusation but I do understand what Perianne is saying to some degree.

Lets face it how many families ( even those going through hard times ) have both parents out of work and a kid that is running this wild. Gunny is exactly right once a child reaches a certain age it's all on them at that point, but that brings me to another question about this theory, how many of the rioters are minors ? I see some but for the most part I see grown teenagers ( 18 plus ) and young adults and they shouldn't be getting food stamps through there family anyway, and if they are collecting themselves and rioting , then yes cancel them.

darin
05-05-2015, 05:38 AM

Of corse that's not what's suggested - you're changing the proposal. "If your brat looted/rioted, the community will no longer subsidize your "food". Take responsibility for your selves."

I like it - but not only with rioters. With (guestimating) 90% of people. It's no longer 'assistance' it's 'subsistence'

Gunny
05-05-2015, 08:54 AM
Of corse that's not what's suggested - you're changing the proposal. "If your brat looted/rioted, the community will no longer subsidize your "food". Take responsibility for your selves."

I like it - but not only with rioters. With (guestimating) 90% of people. It's no longer 'assistance' it's 'subsistence'

My "brat" better have her own bail.

darin
05-05-2015, 12:28 PM
My "brat" better have her own bail.

Meh...Your brat won't be arrested.

I think I should go loot a store right now and simply tell po-lice I am angry and frustrated - then they'll let me go :)

Gunny
05-05-2015, 12:33 PM
Meh...Your brat won't be arrested.

I think I should go loot a store right now and simply tell po-lice I am angry and frustrated - then they'll let me go :)

Are you kidding? My daughter was EVIL when she was a teen. :laugh:

You're white. Angry and frustrated is unauthorized.

Trigg
05-05-2015, 02:43 PM
They won't even authorize drug testing for welfare and food stamp recipients, why would they ever hold people responsible for their children actions.

The police should go through the tapes and either charge the "children" with a crime or make them pay a fine towards the rebuilding of the stores/property that were destroyed.

aboutime
05-05-2015, 03:18 PM
They won't even authorize drug testing for welfare and food stamp recipients, why would they ever hold people responsible for their children actions.

The police should go through the tapes and either charge the "children" with a crime or make them pay a fine towards the rebuilding of the stores/property that were destroyed.

Trigg. And you forgot how some Democrat politicians are also pushing to lower the VOTING age to SIXTEEN!

Not only do we have a nearly total ILLITERATE adult population that MAY be able to Read, and Write. They also want to make KIDS have more of a say when they SUE their parents for not giving them enough spending money each week to BUY their drugs.

DragonStryk72
05-06-2015, 05:28 AM
I think the theory here is if the parents are raising the kids right they wouldn't be on food stamps, at least not making a living out of it, I think this is a very broad accusation but I do understand what Perianne is saying to some degree.

Lets face it how many families ( even those going through hard times ) have both parents out of work and a kid that is running this wild. Gunny is exactly right once a child reaches a certain age it's all on them at that point, but that brings me to another question about this theory, how many of the rioters are minors ? I see some but for the most part I see grown teenagers ( 18 plus ) and young adults and they shouldn't be getting food stamps through there family anyway, and if they are collecting themselves and rioting , then yes cancel them.

Um, well, let me think: Your dad got laid off, your mom has been living at home since the kids were born to raise them, so her last work experience is more than a decade and a half old now. Now, to an extent, unemployment is helping out, but not by enough, and dad's just not been able to find more work, as the local marketplace is flooded with new applicants. Meanwhile, the Cost of living in Maryland is just psychotic, so what had been a comfortable paycheck, is now "we'll scrape by this month if we just don't go out at all, just maintain the essentials, and hope I score new work quickly."

Yeah, at that point, even a good kid could probably be convinced by a less good kid that looting is a good idea. Hard times happen, regardless of goodness levels. It doesn't have to be lifelong, it only had to be during the week the riots were happening. Punishing those who did nothing wrong is just not the way to go.

Kathianne
05-06-2015, 05:56 AM
I'm all for feeding folks that don't have the means to do so. What is now happening with food stamps and school meal programs though is government gone nanny.

People need to be responsible for themselves and their children, if they can't there should be help, but I'm now convinced that the whole SNAP program is not the best way to go. There should be a return to payment in kind, meaning nutritional food that is picked up and used for that purpose.

It's not the 'buying better than working folk can or junk food,' it's the matter of acceptability. It should be 'hard' to take government handouts, folks NEED to have reasons to work.

With all that said, don't think that whatever program is used should be pulled here and there by the actions of a few.

darin
05-06-2015, 06:43 AM
Are you kidding? My daughter was EVIL when she was a teen. :laugh:

You're white. Angry and frustrated is unauthorized.

I'm not white. :)

Jeff
05-06-2015, 07:08 AM
Um, well, let me think: Your dad got laid off, your mom has been living at home since the kids were born to raise them, so her last work experience is more than a decade and a half old now. Now, to an extent, unemployment is helping out, but not by enough, and dad's just not been able to find more work, as the local marketplace is flooded with new applicants. Meanwhile, the Cost of living in Maryland is just psychotic, so what had been a comfortable paycheck, is now "we'll scrape by this month if we just don't go out at all, just maintain the essentials, and hope I score new work quickly."

Yeah, at that point, even a good kid could probably be convinced by a less good kid that looting is a good idea. Hard times happen, regardless of goodness levels. It doesn't have to be lifelong, it only had to be during the week the riots were happening. Punishing those who did nothing wrong is just not the way to go.

On paper that sounds great Dragon, but amongst the working class most families have to have 2 working now a days just to make it, and kids in general usually aren't worried about what Dad and Mom are making, now I agree with you 100% about a decent kid gets peer pressure from a not so decent kid, and the first kid not having all the extras in life figures why not, but I have found parents that want to work can #1 ( nope not a high paying job or even a job they like, but work is out there) and a child brought up properly even though tempted has more respect for the law ( or fear of getting caught and not so much by the police but the fear is of what his/her parents are going to do when they find out ) I do agree with you Dragon where we differ is in the kids themselves, yes I have 4 boys and the 2 oldest are on the wild side, but looting and robbing no way, they where taught better than that, racing cars and getting in trouble that way or fighting and such is what they do, but it was banged into there heads since birth a theif and a liar are trash.