PDA

View Full Version : Newscast director's resignation letter really takes the cake

Jeff
05-05-2015, 06:10 AM
I thought this was pretty cool, a ingenious way to quit your job. Personally I like to just play the song "Take this job and shove it"

We've seen some elaborate ways employees have quit their jobs -- but this one takes the cake.

Mark Herman, a newscast director at KOLD in Arizona, handed in the sweetest resignation letter in the form of a cake. (http://reddit.com/r/pics/comments/34kf9x/today_i_handed_in_the_most_delicious_letter_of/)"I handed in the most delicious letter of resignation ever," Hermand wrote on Reddit (http://reddit.com/r/pics/comments/34kf9x/today_i_handed_in_the_most_delicious_letter_of/). The post quickly got tons of attention ... and became a breeding ground for loads of cake puns. "Please accept this cake as formal (and delicious) notice of my resignation from the position of Newscast Director," the cake reads. "My last day of employment will be Friday, May 22nd.'

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/05/04/newscast-directors-resignation-letter-really-takes-the-cake/21179566/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-05-2015, 07:42 AM
I thought this was pretty cool, a ingenious way to quit your job. Personally I like to just play the song "Take this job and shove it"

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/05/04/newscast-directors-resignation-letter-really-takes-the-cake/21179566/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000058

Myself, I feel sorry for anybody that has never had the immense pleasure of telling a piece of shit boss, -take this job and shove it, or true pleasure of knocking that type on his ass, looking down and saying , "get up you bastard if you want some more"!
I have had that pleasure more than once..
Trust me, its like being dead broke and having a crisp hundred dollar bill blow right up to you! A memory that says, "hell ya---take that you lousy bastard"..
When an act of violence is so richly deserved nothing feels better than being to one to deliver it!!
I've never been adverse to making that special delivery!--Tyr

Gunny
05-05-2015, 08:56 AM
[QUOTE]]

Myself, I feel sorry for anybody that has never had the immense pleasure of telling a piece of shit boss, -take this job and shove it, or true pleasure of knocking that type on his ass, looking down and saying , "get up you bastard if you want some more"!
I have had that pleasure more than once..
Trust me, its like being dead broke and having a crisp hundred dollar bill blow right up to you! A memory that says, "hell ya---take that you lousy bastard"..
When an act of violence is so richly deserved nothing feels better than being to one to deliver it!!
I've never been adverse to making that special delivery!--Tyr

Try the military. You know the boss is a POS. He knows you think he's a POS. He knows you know he knows it. But you aren't allowed to say it.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-05-2015, 09:17 AM
[QUOTE=Tyr-Ziu Saxnot;733820]

Try the military. You know the boss is a POS. He knows you think he's a POS. He knows you know he knows it. But you aren't allowed to say it.

Join the military--they own you... and I mean lock , stock and barrel--but you already know that.
As a young man my two great friends(older guys) were former military. They told me , if you join the military will break you, so consider if you want to be broke and then remade!
I chose not to have my rebel in me broken.. for good or bad that was my choice to make...
Both those men, former military(both true heroes) warned me of the high cost of military service.
Yet both did not regret having served and yes they both expressed it exactly like you did...
Discipline , sure as hell true-I could have used a damn lot more of it as a much younger man. --Tyr

Gunny
05-05-2015, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE=Gunny;733830]

Join the military--they own you... and I mean lock , stock and barrel--but you already know that.
As a young man my two great friends(older guys) were former military. They told me , if you join the military will break you, so consider if you want to be broke and then remade!
I chose not to have my rebel in me broken.. for good or bad that was my choice to make...
Both those men, former military(both true heroes) warned me of the high cost of military service.
Yet both did not regret having served and yes they both expressed it exactly like you did...
Discipline , sure as hell true-I could have used a damn lot more of it as a much younger man. --Tyr

Has its ups and downs. But you're a captive audience, like it or not.

Why do you think Marines are such fierce fighters? We're so pissed off by the time we hit the ground it's on. What's worse is the Navy. If I'd been treated the way the Navy treats its troops there'd be a LOT more dead bodies in the Pacific. They treat their people like they're garbage. And have no qualms about screwing them over. I used to sit in the Chief's Mess and just think "WTF is wrong with you?" while some lard ass bragged about screwing over one of his Sailors.

I almost beat the shit out of a Gunny and a Chief in the Chief's Mess on the Boxer. I was livid. Lucky for them the MEU SgtMaj was there.

THAT is discipline. Not killing someone that deserves it.