PDA

View Full Version : Patriots - Cheaters - DeflateGate Report

darin
05-06-2015, 02:33 PM
Our conclusions with respect to Tom Brady also are based on an analysis of the
substantial and credible evidence. The evidence does not allow us to reach conclusions as to
when McNally and Jastremski began their efforts to release air from Patriots game balls on game
day (although McNally referred to himself as “the deflator” prior to the start of the 2014-15
season), exactly how long those efforts have been ongoing, how frequently they occurred, how
the idea originated or the full scope of communications related to those efforts. We also note
that there is less direct evidence linking Brady to tampering activities than either McNally or
Jastremski. We nevertheless believe, based on the totality of the evidence, that it is more
probable than not that Brady was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of
McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls.

Emphasis mine

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/05/deflate-gate_report_released_by_nfl_a_timeline_of.html

jimnyc
05-06-2015, 02:38 PM
Yep, and now Kraft has released a statement trying to wiggle out of it, make excuses and such. He's in denial, and I wonder how long before Brady follows suit? I hope the NFL comes down hard, this was the fricking playoffs no less, the championship game.

Gunny
05-06-2015, 02:40 PM
The SB was a lose/lose deal for me. Two of the teams I can't stand the most. BUT ... if anyone's cheating, the Cheattle Cheathawks are at the top of the list.

jimnyc
05-06-2015, 02:42 PM
The SB was a lose/lose deal for me. Two of the teams I can't stand the most. BUT ... if anyone's cheating, the Cheattle Cheathawks are at the top of the list.

:popcorn:

darin
05-06-2015, 03:12 PM
I am not there yet, but I am pretty close to thinking vacating the Super Bowl win might be good. Maybe two first-round draft picks and suspend Brady for six games?

Gunny
05-06-2015, 03:14 PM
I am not there yet, but I am pretty close to thinking vacating the Super Bowl win might be good. Maybe two first-round draft picks and suspend Brady for six games?

More like suspend Russell Wilson for lack of winning skills AND the tackiest uniform EVER.:laugh:

Bilgerat
05-06-2015, 04:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FAT_pRqo3w

Perianne
05-06-2015, 06:19 PM

Brady is cute, so he should not be suspended. :)

jimnyc
05-06-2015, 06:59 PM
Brady is cute, so he should not be suspended. :)

http://i.imgur.com/DhL2sn7.jpg

Bilgerat
05-07-2015, 06:51 PM
https://scontent-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10406844_920899391281958_536906031978474866_n.jpg? oh=8e74a7834433af96abf7d95b9e1c1e59&oe=55CF0178

Gunny
06-08-2015, 01:47 AM
Emphasis mine

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/05/deflate-gate_report_released_by_nfl_a_timeline_of.html

I can't stand the Patriots. But Brady's being punished for standing up to the NFL.

Jeff
06-08-2015, 08:26 AM
More like suspend Russell Wilson for lack of winning skills AND the tackiest uniform EVER.:laugh:

Methinks someone is trying to get under someones skin. :laugh:

Gunny
08-01-2015, 10:46 AM
Roger Goodell needs to be fired. First, for being an incompetent boob. Second, for lying every bit as bad as MSNBC.

Brady didn't "destroy evidence" right before a meeting. He told Goodell months prior he wasn't getting his phone. End of story. What he does with the phone after that is irrelevant.

Tom Brady is being punished for telling Goodell "no". There is otherwise no proof of any kind that anyone did anything. There's just a lame accusation by sore losers.

Again, I'm no Patriots fan and I think the uniforms they wear now are ugly as Hell. Almost as ugly as Seattle's or Tampa Bay's. But I don't care who the f- anyone thinks they are. I wouldn't give my phone to the Commandant of the Marine Corps.

jimnyc
08-01-2015, 07:42 PM
^ I agree to an extent, I probably wouldn't want to fork over my phone either. But it is relevant, VERY relevant to the investigation, considering a lot of what was going on and requested took place via text. And while he need not pony up the phone, not doing so, or worse, destroying it, makes him look guilty - and as we know, the NFL isn't a court of law. I would have suspended him too. I would have wanted to gather ALL of the facts, and destruction wouldn't be good in my eyes.

He doesn't have to hand it over - but he did sign a contract, and agree to the way they do business and investigate. Don't play ball the way they want, you may get suspended. That's why they sign morality clauses. What it takes to suspend these guys, the threshold is lower than a court of law. But even in a court of law - if I'm on a jury, and this is finding out the truth, and if he was somehow involved, and I find out he did this to his phone - GUILTY!

gabosaurus
08-01-2015, 10:17 PM
Forget Tom Brady and deflategate. That is old news.
I am more interested in Tom's wife Gisele donning a burqa for INFLATEGATE

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3179559/Pictured-moment-Gisele-Bundchen-donned-burqa-secretly-visit-Paris-plastic-surgeon-11-000-eye-breast-operation.html

Bilgerat
08-02-2015, 07:21 AM
https://www.facebook.com/sbnation/videos/10152913530911536/?pnref=story

Gunny
08-02-2015, 01:35 PM
^ I agree to an extent, I probably wouldn't want to fork over my phone either. But it is relevant, VERY relevant to the investigation, considering a lot of what was going on and requested took place via text. And while he need not pony up the phone, not doing so, or worse, destroying it, makes him look guilty - and as we know, the NFL isn't a court of law. I would have suspended him too. I would have wanted to gather ALL of the facts, and destruction wouldn't be good in my eyes.

He doesn't have to hand it over - but he did sign a contract, and agree to the way they do business and investigate. Don't play ball the way they want, you may get suspended. That's why they sign morality clauses. What it takes to suspend these guys, the threshold is lower than a court of law. But even in a court of law - if I'm on a jury, and this is finding out the truth, and if he was somehow involved, and I find out he did this to his phone - GUILTY!

Sorry. Doesn't make him look guilty to me. Again they have ZERO evidence except for an accusation. It makes him look like someone who told Goodell "no", and Goodell's ego can't handle being questioned.

And it IS going to court. Based on the actual facts and evidence, you can't find him guilty of doing anything but getting rid of his phone.

Gunny
08-02-2015, 01:35 PM
Forget Tom Brady and deflategate. That is old news.
I am more interested in Tom's wife Gisele donning a burqa for INFLATEGATE

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3179559/Pictured-moment-Gisele-Bundchen-donned-burqa-secretly-visit-Paris-plastic-surgeon-11-000-eye-breast-operation.html

Don't know what cave you've been living in, but it is current news.

jimnyc
08-02-2015, 03:38 PM
Sorry. Doesn't make him look guilty to me. Again they have ZERO evidence except for an accusation. It makes him look like someone who told Goodell "no", and Goodell's ego can't handle being questioned.

And it IS going to court. Based on the actual facts and evidence, you can't find him guilty of doing anything but getting rid of his phone.

Yes, they're suing the NFL. And keep in mind, a federal judge is certainly going to inquire about the phone as well, and you can bet your bottom dollar that he will take circumstantial evidence into account as well. There's a good reason they want the texts, as they have already read texts and testimony from the ball dude, and they know already that tons of this took place via text. Apparently Brady sent tons and tons of them to him. And then he destroys the phone and the sim card as well. And let's not forget the ball boy taking the balls into the bathroom. It really doesn't take much to put it altogether. Hell, even if he didn't tell Goodell no, the circumstantial evidence is rather damning. That's why so many thought he was guilty before this whole phone destruction thing came out. There are already texts on record showing that Tom was requesting certain things about the balls. Honestly, I would find him guilty of involvement on reading the other texts alone.

Then the story comes out. Ball dude instantly texts Brady, and in turn Brady instantly calls him. Ball dude even texts Brady: "He knows it's unrealistic you did it yourself."

IMO, it's open/shut that the 2 locker room attendants were involved in wrongdoing. They say Brady "should have been aware". I say, the tons of text messages before and after is enough to show he was aware.

Gunny
08-02-2015, 04:34 PM
Yes, they're suing the NFL. And keep in mind, a federal judge is certainly going to inquire about the phone as well, and you can bet your bottom dollar that he will take circumstantial evidence into account as well. There's a good reason they want the texts, as they have already read texts and testimony from the ball dude, and they know already that tons of this took place via text. Apparently Brady sent tons and tons of them to him. And then he destroys the phone and the sim card as well. And let's not forget the ball boy taking the balls into the bathroom. It really doesn't take much to put it altogether. Hell, even if he didn't tell Goodell no, the circumstantial evidence is rather damning. That's why so many thought he was guilty before this whole phone destruction thing came out. There are already texts on record showing that Tom was requesting certain things about the balls. Honestly, I would find him guilty of involvement on reading the other texts alone.

Then the story comes out. Ball dude instantly texts Brady, and in turn Brady instantly calls him. Ball dude even texts Brady: "He knows it's unrealistic you did it yourself."

IMO, it's open/shut that the 2 locker room attendants were involved in wrongdoing. They say Brady "should have been aware". I say, the tons of text messages before and after is enough to show he was aware.

The fact is, the phone is irrelevant. Goodell could always have browbeat the ball handlers into turning over theirs. In a court of law, the fact that Brady didn't turn over his phone means nothing. Or does your expectation of a right to privacy end with an NFL contract?

There is no evidence, circumstantial or otherwise and how you "feel" about it doesn't swing in a court of law. The facts are, there is ZERO evidence. Just accusations.

One thing I noticed on the topic is people cannot divorce themselves from being NE Patriot player-haters and the actual facts. I don't like them. Never have. I lived in Miami for 9 years and they were the enemy.

"How it looks" and the facts are not the same things always. I don't even like Tom Brady but I think he's in the right. Goodell has proven himself to be one sorry NFL President. His stupid decisions one after the other have to be among the lamest. Flip-flopping on decisions based on public outcry. Turning the NFL into one of the "faux" reality shows where the sidelines matter more than the game itself.

And I'm going to have a jackass like THAT fishing through MY phone? I think not. It not only violates Brady's privacy, but it violates the privacy of anyone he communicates with.

jimnyc
08-02-2015, 04:45 PM
The fact is, the phone is irrelevant. Goodell could always have browbeat the ball handlers into turning over theirs. In a court of law, the fact that Brady didn't turn over his phone means nothing. Or does your expectation of a right to privacy end with an NFL contract?

There is no evidence, circumstantial or otherwise and how you "feel" about it doesn't swing in a court of law. The facts are, there is ZERO evidence. Just accusations.

One thing I noticed on the topic is people cannot divorce themselves from being NE Patriot player-haters and the actual facts. I don't like them. Never have. I lived in Miami for 9 years and they were the enemy.

"How it looks" and the facts are not the same things always. I don't even like Tom Brady but I think he's in the right. Goodell has proven himself to be one sorry NFL President. His stupid decisions one after the other have to be among the lamest. Flip-flopping on decisions based on public outcry. Turning the NFL into one of the "faux" reality shows where the sidelines matter more than the game itself.

And I'm going to have a jackass like THAT fishing through MY phone? I think not. It not only violates Brady's privacy, but it violates the privacy of anyone he communicates with.

I assume you didn't see the video of the ball boy bringing the game balls into the bathroom, against the rules. Nor the text messages already on record, and quite a few of them from Brady, and to Brady. Those messages were not made up. There was all kinds of talk about getting the balls correct for Tom, what the one guy should get in return for his work. The texting craziness when it first came out, and Tom and him instantly calling one another. This IS evidence, even if it doesn't satisfy your need for an "upheld" verdict. Seriously, if you literally think there is "zero evidence", I have to ask, have you read the text messages from the other guys? While maybe not a smoking gun, I sure as hell wouldn't call all that stuff zero evidence.

IMO, never even mind a lawsuit, I don't even think they win an injunction to halt the suspension, let alone win the case. And this has NOTHING to do with me being a Patriot hater. Even if this was Ben R, I would STILL suspend and state that it's just too much to overcome. Hell, in fact, Ben WAS suspended, even longer, with "zero evidence". Same as Bell being suspended before he ever even saw a courtroom, and then the same for Blount. It happens non-stop in the NFL, but that's what the NFLPA, the NFL and the players agreed to when they get their massive contracts.

Gunny
08-02-2015, 04:46 PM
Another point: From 73-80, the Steelers were "the dirtiest team in football". Not because they were. But because the player haters said so. Cowboys fans, my brother especially, just couldn't stand the fact they lost to the better team.

When the Raiders were good they were the dirtiest team in football. Same with the Redskins. When the Dolphins went undefeated, Manny Fernandez was the dirtiest player in the NFL.

And, if you're from the US, we take unfair advantage and bully everyone in the world so it's okay to hate your own country and make friends with your enemies while shunning your allies and even get to be President thanks to the player haters.

It's a mindset. But it has no place in a court of law, nor violating someone's Constitutional Right to privacy.