PDA

View Full Version : Boy Dogs

Perianne
05-06-2015, 10:19 PM
I have an old, puppy mill-rescued poodle girl dog. She is long past her breeding years. She mostly just wants to be left alone and sleep.

My boy dog, a simpleton Dachshund, annoys the heck out of the girl dog. He doesn't realize she is way to old for nonsense.

Boys will be boys.

LongTermGuy
05-06-2015, 10:59 PM
Perianne....you always make me smile...dont stop! :)

jimnyc
05-07-2015, 01:55 PM
If it makes you feel any better... my BOTH boy dogs do the same thing. Well, the little Chihuahua harasses the geriatric Pug. Poor thing can barely stand up sometimes without the little guy grasping on from behind! He gets it while he's eating and sleeping too!! And the Chihuahua doesn't care - side of the leg, other side, his tail, belly - everything but (pun intended). :)

Damn Pug has hair missing on both sides of his hips from the little guy grabbing on so hard!! And be careful if you go to pet the old guy - he belongs to the Chihuahua apparently, and he will guard his property with his little 5lb life!! :laugh:

DLT
05-07-2015, 02:20 PM
I have an old, puppy mill-rescued poodle girl dog. She is long past her breeding years. She mostly just wants to be left alone and sleep.

My boy dog, a simpleton Dachshund, annoys the heck out of the girl dog. He doesn't realize she is way to old for nonsense.

Boys will be boys.

That boy stuff transcends breeds and species. I have a year-old male cat that constantly tries to instigate play with my 5 year-old female cat. She's just not that into it but being a male, he is incapable of 'getting that'...lol.

WiccanLiberal
05-10-2015, 01:38 PM
It's all about dominance. I have a spayed female dog. She will, on occasion, chase down and 'become affectionate" with one of the cats, male or female doesn't matter. If she begins to really feel insecure, she has been known to foist unwelcome intimacies on a laundry bag.