PDA

View Full Version : Many Europeans scared shitless not by Islamists but by Americans

Psychoblues
07-02-2007, 01:43 AM
What has made the Europeans afraid of the US?

LONDON (AFP) - More Europeans see the United States as a threat to global stability than Iran and North Korea combined, according to a poll published Monday.

The Harris Interactive survey for the Financial Times showed that 32 percent of more than 5,000 respondents in five European countries -- Britain, France, Germany, Italy and Spain -- regarded the United States as the biggest threat to stability.

China was next on the list, thought of as the greatest threat by 19 percent of European respondents, followed by Iran at 17 percent, Iraq at 11 percent, North Korea at nine percent, and Russia at five percent.

The FT said the poll findings were consistently reflected in 11 monthly polls between July 2006 and last month in which the percentage of respondents who regarded the United States as a threat ranged between 28 percent and 38 percent.

By contrast, a quarter of American respondents regarded North Korea as the biggest threat, followed by Iran as 23 percent, China at 20 percent, and the United States itself at 11 percent.

More than 1,000 people were surveyed online in each of the six countries every month between July 2006 and last month by Harris Interactive for the poll.

More: http://www.afp.com/english/news/stories/070702011358.x72r7wkj.html

Has it been the reckless lying by the Bush and Blair administrations? Or has it been the actions of the American terrorists? More of a threat than even Iran or North Korea? Think about it.

Sitarro
07-02-2007, 09:41 AM

LONDON (AFP) - More Europeans see the United States as a threat to global stability than Iran and North Korea combined, according to a poll published Monday.

The Harris Interactive survey for the Financial Times showed that 32 percent of more than 5,000 respondents in five European countries -- Britain, France, Germany, Italy and Spain -- regarded the United States as the biggest threat to stability.

China was next on the list, thought of as the greatest threat by 19 percent of European respondents, followed by Iran at 17 percent, Iraq at 11 percent, North Korea at nine percent, and Russia at five percent.

The FT said the poll findings were consistently reflected in 11 monthly polls between July 2006 and last month in which the percentage of respondents who regarded the United States as a threat ranged between 28 percent and 38 percent.

By contrast, a quarter of American respondents regarded North Korea as the biggest threat, followed by Iran as 23 percent, China at 20 percent, and the United States itself at 11 percent.

More than 1,000 people were surveyed online in each of the six countries every month between July 2006 and last month by Harris Interactive for the poll.

Has it been the reckless lying by the Bush and Blair administrations? Or has it been the actions of the American terrorists? More of a threat than even Iran or North Korea? Think about it.

I think that this "survey" says a lot more about how ill informed these people are than anything else.

The last paragraph says more about what a biased crackpot you are Psycho.

nevadamedic
07-02-2007, 09:53 AM
I think that this "survey" says a lot more about how ill informed these people are than anything else.

The last paragraph says more about what a biased crackpot you are Psycho.

Europe has a ton of Muslims, they probably survey's them. The other people they surveyed realize if we ever got into it with them we would crush them. As far as that poll, it's bullshit we have been allies with England since back in the day. They get in some shit we bail them out, we get in some serious shit(the only kind of shit our country can get in) and they come to our aid. So does Italy, Spain and they other countries listed. The media is once again proving how Liberal and shit stirring they are.

glockmail
07-02-2007, 10:37 AM

Who cares? I'm glad that they are, however it happened.
:laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
07-02-2007, 10:45 AM

BS

diuretic
07-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Who cares? I'm glad that they are, however it happened.
:laugh2:

Why do you want America to be hated and feared?

Monkeybone
07-02-2007, 11:41 AM
for when we are ready to expand our Empire :salute: :flameth: :boom2:

or..so ppl will be more hesitant to mess with us?

diuretic
07-02-2007, 11:48 AM

Why bother with Empire? They're more trouble than they're worth. And think about it, what's the purpose of Empire? No need for your govt to be imperial in its outlook, I bet in any region in any country of the world people can say, "Coca-Cola" and "Okay." :salute:

Monkeybone
07-02-2007, 11:51 AM
lol,yah. who would need the hassle of countless rebellions and such.

but do they mean global stability because we are attacking the ppl that attacked us? or that we will just end up pissing everybody off? would it cause more instability if we just let them run free and blow up things willy nilly?

glockmail
07-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Why do you want America to be hated and feared?
I don't want us to be hated, but I don't care if they do. Its of no consequence.

When they fear us then they will leave us alone.

diuretic
07-02-2007, 12:19 PM
lol,yah. who would need the hassle of countless rebellions and such.

but do they mean global stability because we are attacking the ppl that attacked us? or that we will just end up pissing everybody off? would it cause more instability if we just let them run free and blow up things willy nilly?

I think it goes back to the immediate aftermath of 9/11. Now you're going to hate my guts for saying this but it's not a partisan comment, it's an observation. Here it is: The rest of the non-lunatic world was with you. We were with you like you wouldn't believe. Personal example. I was 13 when John Kennedy was assassinated. I remember exactly where I was when I was told about his assassination. I remember it as clearly as I remember yesterday. I also remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I was told about 9/11 (for the record I had a slight hangover). I sat and watched cable tv in utter astonishment. I won't go on about it, we all saw the images. I went to work. People at work were stunned, saddened, outraged - you name it. We (at home) had the tv on Fox and CNN continually. We (me and my family) simply couldn't believe it. We were with you. We - meaning me - were fine with the invasion of Afghanistan to get bin Laden and the murderers. But then - I told you wouldn't like this - Bush went into Iraq and that was it. Why the hell he didn't stick it to bin Laden in Afghanistan/Pakistan is still beyond me. Anyway that's a reasonably objective response to your question.

diuretic
07-02-2007, 12:21 PM
I don't want us to be hated, but I don't care if they do. Its of no consequence.

When they fear us then they will leave us alone.

Hate and fear are extremely strong emotions, we all know that. But the problem is that hate and fear together produce much aggression. When fear is greater than hatred, that's okay, but when hatred is greater then fear, there's the problem.

Monkeybone
07-02-2007, 02:43 PM
i know what you mean D. i was in home room of my high school when we were attacked. i can understand that yah we have gotten some terrorist training camps over there, but if anything we bogged ourselves down and made ppl made at us. it is one of those 50/50 things with me. i can understand the whole war on terror and that we do need to strike at them and not allow them to organize, but at the same time, if he was gonna do it in Iraq, we shoulda gone in fullforce, not piddle farted around. now with some of the way things are going, like with the Iranian explosives guy getting caught in Iraw, i fear that we may go there next.

nevadamedic
07-02-2007, 02:43 PM

:salute: The New World Order :salute:

nevadamedic
07-02-2007, 02:45 PM
i know what you mean D. i was in home room of my high school when we were attacked. i can understand that yah we have gotten some terrorist training camps over there, but if anything we bogged ourselves down and made ppl made at us. it is one of those 50/50 things with me. i can understand the whole war on terror and that we do need to strike at them and not allow them to organize, but at the same time, if he was gonna do it in Iraq, we shoulda gone in fullforce, not piddle farted around. now with some of the way things are going, like with the Iranian explosives guy getting caught in Iraw, i fear that we may go there next.

Why are you afraid that we will go into Iran? We need to. We need to bomb them of the face of the Earth.

Kathianne
07-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Why are you afraid that we will go into Iran? We need to. We need to bomb them of the face of the Earth.

Agreed:

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2007/07/can-we-bomb-the.html

Can We Bomb (the hell out of) Iranian Military And Terrorist Camps Now?
Posted By Blackfive

See the guy in the photo next to Brigadier General Bergner? He's a senior leader of Hezbollah that we captured in March in Iraq conducting operations for the Iranians. While Iranian involvement has been a known quantity for some time (ask Bill Roggio), the fact that our forces are presenting it in this fashion gives hope that we'll be able to do something about it.

Photo and story "Secret Cell Involvement in Iraq" by Sgt. Sky M. Laron, CPIC:

Monkeybone
07-02-2007, 02:51 PM
not afraid too. meant that i think we will, my bad. i totally agree with you NM, their leaders need to eat a cocked and loaded M1911. i am trying to get myself ready to join one of the services in fact.

with all that in mind, i was talking about just global instability and people not likeing us with D. if we talk about just the ME and fighting there, i am for it.

Monkeybone
07-02-2007, 02:53 PM
wouldn't them training and supplying like that be an act of war? by aiding them i mean

glockmail
07-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Hate and fear are extremely strong emotions, we all know that. But the problem is that hate and fear together produce much aggression. When fear is greater than hatred, that's okay, but when hatred is greater then fear, there's the problem. Your logic, though, is based on a person of sound mind and reason, and one who prizes self-preservation. As we have seen the Islamists do not posess these qualitities.

diuretic
07-03-2007, 07:01 AM
Your logic, though, is based on a person of sound mind and reason, and one who prizes self-preservation. As we have seen the Islamists do not posess these qualitities.

A good point indeed. Yes, we're not talking about rational individuals.

glockmail
07-03-2007, 07:28 AM
A good point indeed. Yes, we're not talking about rational individuals. That's why the policy of MAD, which worked so well with the USSR, has no chance with Iran.

Dilloduck
07-03-2007, 09:20 AM
Irecord I had a slight hangover). Why the hell he didn't stick it to bin Laden in Afghanistan/Pakistan is still beyond me. Anyway that's a reasonably objective response to your question.

You hit the nail on the head there, buddy. The WOT is "beyond" most peaceniks. I suggest you catch up so you can discuss the problem with some understanding of the situation.

Psychoblues
07-03-2007, 10:52 PM
This conversation is so cool!!!!!!!! Is "WAR" an American value?

nevadamedic
07-03-2007, 10:57 PM
This conversation is so cool!!!!!!!! Is "WAR" an American value?

In a way, yes it is.

Psychoblues
07-03-2007, 11:49 PM
I hope you are just kidding.

In a way, yes it is.

This American Veteran of many American wars and otherwise skirmishes never considered WAR an American value.

glockmail
07-04-2007, 10:32 AM
This conversation is so cool!!!!!!!! Is "WAR" an American value? Actually freedom is an American value, which more often than not, requires war.

Psychoblues
07-06-2007, 12:58 AM
American freedom was secured with the signing of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. We've had a few wars directly related to that document since then but nothing that would relegate it useless.

Actually freedom is an American value, which more often than not, requires war.

Until now. gwb and his party of neverending power usurption has fought that document and all of it's aftermath documents such as the constitution and all of it's amendments for well over 200 years now.

Do some history research, gm. It will grow you. And think about the values Americans most relish!!!!!!!!

nevadamedic
07-06-2007, 01:06 AM
American freedom was secured with the signing of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. We've had a few wars directly related to that document since then but nothing that would relegate it useless.

Until now. gwb and his party of neverending power usurption has fought that document and all of it's aftermath documents such as the constitution and all of it's amendments for well over 200 years now.

Do some history research, gm. It will grow you. And think about the values Americans most relish!!!!!!!!

So is power.

Psychoblues
07-06-2007, 04:08 AM
Our Constitution divided that power for a very good reason.

So is power.

What do you advocate in this instance?

glockmail
07-06-2007, 05:22 AM
American freedom was secured with the signing of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. We've had a few wars directly related to that document since then but nothing that would relegate it useless..... Wow. What a strage view of history. Ya think the British King just said "nice to know ya, bye bye" to the signers? Or do you think he might have sent a few regiments over to kick some colonial ass?

Psychoblues
07-09-2007, 12:29 AM
Just to suit you, gm, we'll bomb Britian just as soon as we get through bombing Inan, or was it Iraq, or Afghanistan, or maybe Colombia?

Wow. What a strage view of history. Ya think the British King just said "nice to know ya, bye bye" to the signers? Or do you think he might have sent a few regiments over to kick some colonial ass?

We'll get back around to it for sure just to please you, gm.

stephanie
07-09-2007, 12:37 AM
:lol: wow.......what a leap...

Psychoblues
07-09-2007, 01:01 AM
Absolutely!!!!! Indeed!!!!!!!!:salute:

:pee::fu::poke::laugh2:

How do you figure or will you leave that question unanswered as you have thousands of others?

stephanie
07-09-2007, 01:09 AM
Absolutely!!!!! Indeed!!!!!!!!:salute:

:pee::fu::poke::laugh2:

How do you figure or will you leave that question unanswered as you have thousands of others?

I know you get the drift.....

I like the short and sweet approach...:coffee:

Psychoblues
07-09-2007, 01:19 AM
Pardon me if I correct you.

I know you get the drift.....

I like the short and sweet approach...:coffee:

You like the short, meaningless and sweet cartoonie approach!!!!!!!

I love you anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glockmail
07-09-2007, 08:01 AM
Just to suit you, gm, we'll bomb Britian just as soon as we get through bombing Inan, or was it Iraq, or Afghanistan, or maybe Colombia?

We'll get back around to it for sure just to please you, gm.

What else could he do? As he lost the argument but could not man-up to it, he had to deflect.

Psychoblues
07-12-2007, 03:46 AM
Talk about failure to "man-up?"

What else could he do? As he lost the argument but could not man-up to it, he had to deflect.

Do you not read your own posts and corresponding responses? Read this: :pee:

glockmail
07-12-2007, 07:46 AM
Talk about failure to "man-up?"

Do you not read your own posts and corresponding responses? Read this: :pee:

:pee: back at ya.

Got your meds back in line, I see.

diuretic
07-12-2007, 07:58 PM
You hit the nail on the head there, buddy. The WOT is "beyond" most peaceniks. I suggest you catch up so you can discuss the problem with some understanding of the situation.

Try me out. Tell me, was invading Iraq while AQ was in Afghanistan/Pakistan a good move or a bad move?

And you're not allowed to refer to Rush's Talking Points :laugh2:

Psychoblues
07-14-2007, 03:10 AM
Give him a break, dr.

Try me out. Tell me, was invading Iraq while AQ was in Afghanistan/Pakistan a good move or a bad move?

And you're not allowed to refer to Rush's Talking Points :laugh2:

When you disallow his primary (single) source of information he has no argument at all!!!!!!!

nevadamedic
07-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Wow. What a strage view of history. Ya think the British King just said "nice to know ya, bye bye" to the signers? Or do you think he might have sent a few regiments over to kick some colonial ass?

I don't think he really even knows. :laugh2:

Psychoblues
07-16-2007, 12:49 AM
I just love it when chicken hawks talk about and describe WAR!!!!!!

I don't think he really even knows. :laugh2:

It shows what idiots they really are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!