PDA

View Full Version : Republicans Favor Universal Healthcare and Gays In Military

Psychoblues
07-02-2007, 02:02 AM
What’s up with God made you, God can take care of you?

Poll shows many Republicans favor universal healthcare, gays in military
By Aaron Blake
June 28, 2007

A large nationwide poll of Republican voters shows that an increasing number consider themselves conservative, that about half favor universal healthcare and allowing gays in the military, and that the vast majority say spreading democracy shouldn’t be the United States’ top foreign policy goal.

The poll, conducted by GOP consultant Tony Fabrizio 10 years after he conducted a similar study, also casts some doubts on the conventional wisdom about moral-issues voters, thought to be the key constituency for President Bush in 2004. It showed that the group hasn’t grown significantly in recent years and is surprisingly willing to vote for former New York
Mayor Rudy Giuliani despite his differences with it on social and moral issues.

More: http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/poll-shows-many-republicans-favor-universal-healthcare-gays-in-military-2007-06-28.html

Thank God, anyway, for giving us more forward and progressive thinking Americans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GW in Ohio
07-02-2007, 08:54 AM
What’s up with God made you, God can take care of you?

Poll shows many Republicans favor universal healthcare, gays in military
By Aaron Blake
June 28, 2007

A large nationwide poll of Republican voters shows that an increasing number consider themselves conservative, that about half favor universal healthcare and allowing gays in the military, and that the vast majority say spreading democracy shouldn’t be the United States’ top foreign policy goal.

The poll, conducted by GOP consultant Tony Fabrizio 10 years after he conducted a similar study, also casts some doubts on the conventional wisdom about moral-issues voters, thought to be the key constituency for President Bush in 2004. It showed that the group hasn’t grown significantly in recent years and is surprisingly willing to vote for former New York
Mayor Rudy Giuliani despite his differences with it on social and moral issues.

More: http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/poll-shows-many-republicans-favor-universal-healthcare-gays-in-military-2007-06-28.html

Thank God, anyway, for giving us more forward and progressive thinking Americans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Republicans continue to exhibit this kind of common sense, they may actually start winning elections again.

nevadamedic
07-02-2007, 09:59 AM
If Republicans continue to exhibit this kind of common sense, they may actually start winning elections again.

We will take everything back in 2008. It hasn't been 6 months into it and the Democrats approval rating is worse then the President's and good old Harry Reid's approval rating is in the toilet.

darin
07-02-2007, 10:01 AM
No we don't.

gabosaurus
07-03-2007, 12:32 AM
Republicans still embrace Don't Ask, Don't Tell. Which is why no one here tells.

Pale Rider
07-03-2007, 09:05 AM
No we don't.

Ditto. :salute:

Psychoblues
07-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Who in heck is "we"?

No we don't.

You got a mouse in your pocket?

nevadamedic
07-03-2007, 10:59 PM
Who in heck is "we"?

You got a mouse in your pocket?

Actually it's sad that most Republican's don't feel that way at all.

Psychoblues
07-03-2007, 11:59 PM
You don't have to apologise for them, nm.

Actually it's sad that most Republican's don't feel that way at all.

But I agree. It really is pitiful, isn't it?

Pale Rider
07-04-2007, 05:40 AM
You don't have to apologise for them, nm.

But I agree. It really is pitiful, isn't it?

Thaaaaaaat's right Pb... try and coddle nm into your liberal pocket.

Fact is, most of the people I know are conservative, and there isn't a one among them that would believe one word of the bullshit in your article.

THAT is who WE are.

OCA
07-04-2007, 08:32 AM
Kind of funny, I breach these subjects on a daily basis with people I meet whether through my business or socially and rarely do I meet anyone who is in favor of government sponsored universal healthcare and I might go months before I meet anyone who supports queers in the military.

I smell bullshit, polls suck and that goes for both sides of the aisle.

MtnBiker
07-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Poll created driving news. Yawn!!

We don't know the questions asked, how many or how they were answered. Does it mean anything, no not really.

Abbey Marie
07-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Ditto. :salute:

Yup. :salute:

Psychoblues
07-06-2007, 01:08 AM
Onward Christian Lemmings!!!!!!!!!! Anybody have anything substantial to say about the accuracy of the article? Some of you cats just tickle the hell out of me!!!!!!!!!! It's always the messengers that you shoot!!!!!!!!! Facts be DAMNED with you!!!!!!!!!!