PDA

View Full Version : VE day

namvet
05-09-2015, 09:06 AM
World War II planes fly over D.C. - I dare say some wanted full bomb loads

http://i62.tinypic.com/2d7eg5v.jpg

back to the present day. what is a WW2 ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OluqYrfsVI

Gunny
05-09-2015, 09:53 AM
I ALWAYS wanted to fly a B-25 or a B-24.

namvet
05-09-2015, 10:02 AM
I ALWAYS wanted to fly a B-25 or a B-24.

my late mom helped build the 25 Mitchell bomber here

http://i61.tinypic.com/svgcv5.jpg

aboutime
05-09-2015, 02:57 PM

namvet. We all know....The Veteran who was asked had the RIGHT answer.
Our younger generations born after the 70's (Vietnam era) are not being taught about such things SINCE, the teachers...who are barely older than their IGNORANT students, are IGNORANT too!

namvet
05-09-2015, 03:25 PM
Our younger generations born after the 70's (Vietnam era) are not being taught about such things SINCE, the teachers...who are barely older than their IGNORANT students, are IGNORANT too!

I think today they offer majors in rioting and protesting -:laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-09-2015, 10:33 PM
I think today they offer majors in rioting and protesting -:laugh:

And super double majors in gubbermint leeching... minorities only need apply-includes any and ALL illegals too.-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-09-2015, 10:35 PM

I know I did-- full payloads away.. except perhaps target should be a golf course.. with a skinny arrogant bastard playing on our damn dime.. ;)--Tyr

Jeff
05-10-2015, 06:23 AM

at, worse than not being taught about it our youth is being lied to, these liberal POS that call themselves teachers are straight out lying to the kids. My second oldest loved history and the stories he came home with where unreal, and being his teacher had taught him this BS I would have to prove to him I was right. ( nope he wouldn't take my word for it )

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-10-2015, 09:57 AM
at, worse than not being taught about it our youth is being lied to, these liberal POS that call themselves teachers are straight out lying to the kids. My second oldest loved history and the stories he came home with where unreal, and being his teacher had taught him this BS I would have to prove to him I was right. ( nope he wouldn't take my word for it )

Jeff, I spent 18 years reteaching my daughter.. Truly was time very , very well spent!
That gal got a clear head , wonderful character and sweet loving disposition--amazingly strange that as she
seems to effortlessly control that temper beast that rests within her. Its there Ive seen it slip out a couple times....my bloodline is
plagued with it.... I see it in spades with Justin, have to fight it always for his sake.. --Tyr

Gunny
05-10-2015, 10:03 AM

That's why I think my daughter's going to get fired. She's Gunny trained. And a school teacher.

Kathianne
05-10-2015, 10:57 AM
That's why I think my daughter's going to get fired. She's Gunny trained. And a school teacher.

It's possible to teach facts without getting fired. However, one cannot put forth a 'rightest' agenda without problems. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of those pushing the leftist agenda, but should be.

Truth is, it isn't the job of a teacher to indoctrinate their students into their own political or societal viewpoints, certainly not in public schools. Private? I don't think personally I'd want to do so, but some parents pick particular schools for that very reason.

Gunny
05-10-2015, 11:02 AM
My grandfather was in Operation Overlord. My father was in the TET Offensive. Not that the military runs in the family all the way back to 1773. I'm a direct descendent of John Adams and and indirect descendent of Samuel Adams. My mother's maiden name, as a matter of fact. You look at my grandfather and can't tell he's related to JQ Adams, you're blind.

Pissing people off seems to run in the family. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-10-2015, 11:11 AM
It's possible to teach facts without getting fired. However, one cannot put forth a 'rightest' agenda without problems. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of those pushing the leftist agenda, but should be.

Truth is, it isn't the job of a teacher to indoctrinate their students into their own political or societal viewpoints, certainly not in public schools. Private? I don't think personally I'd want to do so, but some parents pick particular schools for that very reason.

Yet teachers are to teach true history, not the lying swill being taught today IMHO. Teach the TRUTH, let the cards then fall where they may...
Thats how it was once done , before the liberals (READ LEFTISTS) decided to first take over the school system and use it to brainwash the populace-(1960'S ONWARD).
These days a conservative teacher faces a daunting task-- how to teach --truth--- without getting fired..
My daughter once considered becoming a school teacher but I talked her out of it for the reasons I just related.
Now she is a dental hygeinist that owns/manages her own dental practice..
No drinking, drugs, smoking or gambling and straight as an arrow that gal...
Could not be more pleased about her and how well she turned out..
We parents must be teachers too, as I am sure you know .... --Tyr

Kathianne
05-10-2015, 11:20 AM
Yet teachers are to teach true history, not the lying swill being taught today IMHO. Teach the TRUTH, let the cards then fall where they may...
Thats how it was once done , before the liberals (READ LEFTISTS) decided to first take over the school system and use it to brainwash the populace-(1960'S ONWARD).
These days a conservative teacher faces a daunting task-- how to teach --truth--- without getting fired..
My daughter once considered becoming a school teacher but I talked her out of it for the reasons I just related.
Now she is a dental hygeinist that owns/manages her own dental practice..
No drinking, drugs, smoking or gambling and straight as an arrow that gal...
Could not be more pleased about her and how well she turned out..
We parents must be teachers too, as I am sure you know .... --Tyr

As I said, it's possible to teach the 'facts' without running into trouble. It takes some time finding resources, two come to mind right now that provide materials to encourage true thinking in the students, not just accepting and regurgitating some agenda. "Teaching Tolerance," which has materials for all grades and John Stossel's series which is really geared to high school, but some of the videos can be used in middle school.

Gunny
05-10-2015, 11:34 AM
As I said, it's possible to teach the 'facts' without running into trouble. It takes some time finding resources, two come to mind right now that provide materials to encourage true thinking in the students, not just accepting and regurgitating some agenda. "Teaching Tolerance," which has materials for all grades and John Stossel's series which is really geared to high school, but some of the videos can be used in middle school.

Is it? Need to hook you up with my daughter. She's a teacher in the NEISD in San Antonio.

Kathianne
05-10-2015, 11:40 AM
Is it? Need to hook you up with my daughter. She's a teacher in the NEISD in San Antonio.

Any time. I acknowledge that if a teacher in public schools is 'working a right wing agenda' they will quickly run into trouble. The bias is real.

With that said, I think the left leaning teachers are wrong and so would be anyone on the right doing what the left is currently allowed the freedom to do. Neither would be serving the students well.

The best defense against undue influence imo, is the heavy use of supplemental materials such as provided by the Center for Civic Education. Real history and philosophy underlying our government and county's birth and development are central to the text. The assignments include a heavy use of primary sources used in current events.

Gunny
05-10-2015, 11:44 AM
Any time. I acknowledge that if a teacher in public schools is 'working a right wing agenda' they will quickly run into trouble. The bias is real.

With that said, I think the left leaning teachers are wrong and so would be anyone on the right doing what the left is currently allowed the freedom to do. Neither would be serving the students well.

The best defense against undue influence imo, is the heavy use of supplemental materials such as provided by the Center for Civic Education. Real history and philosophy underlying our government and county's birth and development are central to the text. The assignments include a heavy use of primary sources used in current events.

Did you miss the part where she's Gunny trained? That means she got squared away on leftwing lies and has my hard head. She got suspended in jr high for saying MLK was a troublemaker. Can't imagine where she heard THAT from. :laugh:

Kathianne
05-10-2015, 12:14 PM
Did you miss the part where she's Gunny trained? That means she got squared away on leftwing lies and has my hard head. She got suspended in jr high for saying MLK was a troublemaker. Can't imagine where she heard THAT from. :laugh:
Oh dear!

Pam Geller is following in MLK's footsteps. ;)

Jeff
05-10-2015, 12:24 PM

Truer words have not been spoken and I clued a teacher in on that fact a couple of years ago. The lies she told my son, My God I don't know how she kept a job.All because she didn't believe in war, that doesn't make the BS some spewed tryue, it just makes them liars., and cowards on top of it.

Jeff
05-10-2015, 12:26 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

My two little ones got in trouble in school for telling there teacher Obama is a racist and out to destroy the country, when the teacher tried to correct them they explained they didn't much care for Liberals. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-10-2015, 12:43 PM
Truer words have not been spoken and I clued a teacher in on that fact a couple of years ago. The lies she told my son, My God I don't know how she kept a job.All because she didn't believe in war, that doesn't make the BS some spewed tryue, it just makes them liars., and cowards on top of it.
War cares not a damn whit whether those foooooooools believe in it or not!
It will claim them as victims just same as it would anybody else!
Only difference is they will be the ones hiding deep in their cellars/basements crying for mommie.
The rest of us will chose to live and to die, if need be, like men...
And that my friend is why they hate us so dearly...
As our actions will and do so dearly highlight their (LIB) Cowardice and Stupidity.. -Tyr

Kathianne
05-10-2015, 12:50 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

My two little ones got in trouble in school for telling there teacher Obama is a racist and out to destroy the country, when the teacher tried to correct them they explained they didn't much care for Liberals. :laugh:

If they actually got in trouble, I'd be at the principal's office. While I don't defend teachers for spouting their political thoughts, students are another kettle.

If I was their teacher, would have asked why they said that. I'd listen and if possible ask more questions if appropriate. I'm pretty sure other kids would throw in their 2 cents. Then we could talk about the first amendment and how it works, even in a classroom and what we have to learn from those we don't necessarily agree with totally.

However if they were 'little' they'd probably say, "My daddy said so!" Then others would pipe up with what their parents said or did-sometimes revealing TMI! ;)

WiccanLiberal
05-10-2015, 01:49 PM
When I was in High School, I managed to escape most of the indoctrination. True the general trend of the curriculum was still liberal but I was in the smaller advanced placement classes. It meant the teachers actually had the time to engage in debate. My last year I took American History - not that bs social studies manure - actual history. First semester was Revolution to Civil War and the second was Reconstruction to the present. We read something like 400 pages a week, analyzed and summarized three Supreme Court cases, wrote summaries of our reading and wrote a 10 page essay on a specific topic using primary reference sources. Our teacher was generally liberal minded BUT if you presented a different opinion and backed it with appropriate research and concise argument, you never got a problem. Your grade was based on doing the work and presenting your arguments clearly and intelligently. One of the best teachers I ever had.

Jeff
05-10-2015, 02:55 PM
If they actually got in trouble, I'd be at the principal's office. While I don't defend teachers for spouting their political thoughts, students are another kettle.

If I was their teacher, would have asked why they said that. I'd listen and if possible ask more questions if appropriate. I'm pretty sure other kids would throw in their 2 cents. Then we could talk about the first amendment and how it works, even in a classroom and what we have to learn from those we don't necessarily agree with totally.

However if they were 'little' they'd probably say, "My daddy said so!" Then others would pipe up with what their parents said or did-sometimes revealing TMI! ;)

Kat they where asked who told them to say that, and my older boy told the teacher no one I can see what is going on all by myself. The teacher did ask them if their parents said it and the teacher was told no, BUT my Daddy doesn't like Obama. Needless to say I was in the office the next day ( my political views are none of the teachers business ) this was during that time where every school was to show that movie worshiping Obama ( that would of been where they heard me talking about it because the wife and I never talk politics ) But once with the principal and the teacher ( who was white, a Lib but white ) I asked her what difference did it make to her who or what my political views are, and as she started to utter something the Principal said yes Mrs. so and so please explain, the meeting was very short. :laugh:

Kathianne
05-10-2015, 06:29 PM
When I was in High School, I managed to escape most of the indoctrination. True the general trend of the curriculum was still liberal but I was in the smaller advanced placement classes. It meant the teachers actually had the time to engage in debate. My last year I took American History - not that bs social studies manure - actual history. First semester was Revolution to Civil War and the second was Reconstruction to the present. We read something like 400 pages a week, analyzed and summarized three Supreme Court cases, wrote summaries of our reading and wrote a 10 page essay on a specific topic using primary reference sources. Our teacher was generally liberal minded BUT if you presented a different opinion and backed it with appropriate research and concise argument, you never got a problem. Your grade was based on doing the work and presenting your arguments clearly and intelligently. One of the best teachers I ever had.

Exactly what I said. Use good materials and use primary sources for projects. Amazing what kids will come to understand.

Drummond
05-10-2015, 07:26 PM
I know I did-- full payloads away.. except perhaps target should be a golf course.. with a skinny arrogant bastard playing on our damn dime.. ;)--Tyr:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I recall that a certain 'skinny arrogant bastard' was invited to a NATO summit at the Celtic Manor in Newport, Wales, last September. Included at the venue was a golf course.

'Sad' to say, the British Armed Forces were inconsiderate enough to park first a military jet, then a tank (at one point, both at once) slap bang in the way of any game he might've felt like teeing off with ... probably ruined his entire stay, though it gave me a good laugh ... :laugh::laugh:

Here's what I mean ... >>

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7195&stc=1

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7196&stc=1

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7197&stc=1

aboutime
05-10-2015, 08:06 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I recall that a certain 'skinny arrogant bastard' was invited to a NATO summit at the Celtic Manor in Newport, Wales, last September. Included at the venue was a golf course.

'Sad' to say, the British Armed Forces were inconsiderate enough to park first a military jet, then a tank (at one point, both at once) slap bang in the way of any game he might've felt like teeing off with ... probably ruined his entire stay, though it gave me a good laugh ... :laugh::laugh:

Here's what I mean ... >>

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7195&stc=1

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7196&stc=1

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7197&stc=1

Sir Drummond. Love the hospitality shown for our miserable pretender. But here in the states,
most of us would look happily at that and remind the O (for ZERO) man of a saying we use here.
Namely, "What goes around, comes around." or
"Respect is a two way street, and the O lives on a ONE WAY, DEAD END".

Drummond
05-10-2015, 08:17 PM
Sir Drummond. Love the hospitality shown for our miserable pretender. But here in the states,
most of us would look happily at that and remind the O (for ZERO) man of a saying we use here.
Namely, "What goes around, comes around." or
"Respect is a two way street, and the O lives on a ONE WAY, DEAD END".:clap::clap::clap:

Besides which, I strongly suspect (though they'd officially claim it was all done in the name of security) that our armed forces were having a shared 'Monty Python' moment. Our military are well known for their sense of humour (as their 'Arrsepedia' website, a spoof of Wikipedia, readily testifies).

Maybe they'd agree with the Pythonesque sentiment 'He's not the Messiah, he's just a very naughty boy' ... :rolleyes:

aboutime
05-10-2015, 08:26 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

Besides which, I strongly suspect (though they'd officially claim it was all done in the name of security) that our armed forces were having a shared 'Monty Python' moment. Our military are well known for their sense of humour (as their 'Arrsepedia' website, a spoof of Wikipedia, readily testifies).

Maybe they'd agree with the Pythonesque sentiment 'He's not the Messiah, he's just a very naughty boy' ... :rolleyes:

Agreed, Sir Drummond. I know about their sense of Humor. Wish I had known about this taking place. I could have tried to contact a friend from years ago, and asked him to have the British Military have a little more fun if our Obummer appeared on the golf course. I would have asked EVERY MEMBER in uniform to watch Obama swing on the ball, hit it...then HAVE EVERYONE THROW THEIR OWN GOLF BALLS down the fairway.
Result would be OBAMA wouldn't know which ball to use SINCE HE HAS "NONE" of his own.:laugh:

Kathianne
05-11-2015, 01:01 AM

Oh no!

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/206606/

MAY 10, 2015

THE OPPRESSION NARRATIVE: It’s coming to a high school near you, if it hasn’t already. The new AP US History (APUSH) exam is the product of the same progressive ideologues as Common Core (http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/09/scholar-under-new-ap-standards-american-history-will-not-be-about-america-video/). According to Stanley Kurtz, a Senior Fellow at the Ethics and Public Policy Center (http://eppc.org/author/stanley_kurtz/), the new exam rewrites U.S. history, deemphasizing American exceptionalism and constitutionalism, and exchanging it for a story of oppression, balkanization based on race, class and gender, and emphasizing “global” citizenship. Take a look at the “learning objective” themes of the APUSH now (http://media.collegeboard.com/digitalServices/pdf/ap/ap-course-exam-descriptions/ap-us-history-course-and-exam-description.pdf):

Theme: Identity This theme focuses on the formation of both American national identity and group identities in U.S. history. Students should be able to explain how various identities, cultures, and values have been preserved or changed in different contexts of U.S. history, with special attention given to the formation of gender, class, racial, and ethnic identities. Students should be able to explain how these sub-identities have interacted with each other and with larger conceptions of American national identity.

Theme: Work, Exchange & Technology This theme focuses on the development of American economies based on agriculture, commerce, and manufacturing. Students should examine ways that different economic and labor systems, technological innovations, and government policies have shaped American society. Students should explore the lives of working people and the relationships among social classes, racial and ethnic groups, and men and women, including the availability of land and labor, national and international economic developments, and the role of government support and regulation.

Theme: Politics & Power Students should examine ongoing debates over the role of the state in society and its potential as an active agent for change. This includes mechanisms for creating, implementing, or limiting participation in the political process and the resulting social effects, as well as the changing relationships among the branches of the federal government and among national, state, and local governments. Students should trace efforts to define or gain access to individual rights and citizenship and survey the evolutions of tensions between liberty and authority in different periods of U.S. history

Theme: Ideas, Belief & Culture This theme explores the roles that ideas, beliefs, social mores, and creative expression have played in shaping the United States. Students should examine the development of aesthetic, moral, religious, scientific, and philosophical principles and consider how these principles have affected individual and group actions. Students should analyze the interactions between beliefs and communities, economic values, and political movements, including attempts to change American society to align it with specific ideals.

Um, is that English? It seems like progressive edu-speak gobbleygook to me. How about just teaching our children about the founding, the Constitution, and the major historical eras? It isn’t a cultural anthropology or a race/gender relations class. As Kurtz observes that the emphasis on oppression and “mini-nationalism” groups will breed hatred and bigotry, rather than unify a diverse country. And the emphasis on being “global citizens” will undermine democracy: “Global citizenry is the antithesis of democracy,” Kurtz says. “You can’t be free, if you are not sovereign.”

Yep.

Drummond
05-11-2015, 06:05 AM
Oh no!

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/206606/

-- Familiar methodology, this. Get students to adopt a particular mindset as 'standard', that just 'happens' to be geared to their thinking in terms of change rather than respect for established values and standards.

In this way, the Left galvanise the future of the society they want into taking a direction further and further away from your foundling values. From the disingenuous guise of 'liberating progress towards freedom-loving goals', what it actually is, is an indoctrinated abandonment of bedrock, nation-defining beginnings.

It's done in such a way as to make those duped into that thinking believe that their thoughts and opinions are entirely freely arrived at, a product of 'their' minds, rather than a product of covertly run herding.

Drummond
05-11-2015, 06:13 AM
Agreed, Sir Drummond. I know about their sense of Humor. Wish I had known about this taking place. I could have tried to contact a friend from years ago, and asked him to have the British Military have a little more fun if our Obummer appeared on the golf course. I would have asked EVERY MEMBER in uniform to watch Obama swing on the ball, hit it...then HAVE EVERYONE THROW THEIR OWN GOLF BALLS down the fairway.
Result would be OBAMA wouldn't know which ball to use SINCE HE HAS "NONE" of his own.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

- Hence why Obama didn't make an appearance on the course ... I couldn't help but notice that the aircraft was fully armed with missiles ... :laugh:

Jeff
05-11-2015, 06:21 AM
Here is a student that is in HS and it looks like she did all her homework right but still was given zero's, teachers like this don't deserve a job and shouldn't be around kids at all. A teacher is welcome to their opinion of course, but they must respect others as well.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4222520936001&w=466&h=263"></script><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

Drummond
05-11-2015, 06:33 AM
Here is a student that is in HS and it looks like she did all her homework right but still was given zero's, teachers like this don't deserve a job and shouldn't be around kids at all. A teacher is welcome to their opinion of course, but they must respect others as well.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://video.foxnews.com/v/embed.js?id=4222520936001&w=466&h=263"></script><iframe src="//video.foxnews.com/v/video-embed.html?video_id=4222520936001&loc=debatepolicy.com&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.debatepolicy.com%2Fnewreply.p hp" width="466" height="263" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe><noscript>Watch the latest video at <a href="http://video.foxnews.com">video.foxnews.com</a></noscript>

Left wing teachers are light years away from having respect for any thoughts or values not serving their own destructive agenda. It's not on their radar.

It comes down to 'think like us, carry our thinking into the wider world, or, we'll trim your ability to make a meaningful contribution to your community'.

Seems to me that universities should just indulge in jackboot sales and teach goosestepping as mandatory, and be done with it. Even that would be a more honest approach to what they're doing.

Gunny
05-11-2015, 11:57 AM
The "Professor of Humanity" preaches inhumane crap. Nice.