PDA

View Full Version : Organ donor

SassyLady
05-12-2015, 02:09 AM
Organ donor for family members came up the other day. My daughter and I are in agreement on this (which is rare - LOL). We are organ donors.

However, we both believe that our organs, all long as we are alive, are for our children (or grandchildren) if they need them (i.e., liver, kidney). They are not to be used for siblings or parents because then they would not be available if our child needed them.

Of course, after death they are to be used for anyone that needs/can use them.

Thoughts?

indago
05-12-2015, 05:37 AM
I was talking with an old friend a few years back who does T-Shirt printing, and while we were talking, he said he just thought of something for a T-Shirt:

On the front it says: I BELIEVE IN ORGAN DONATION

On the back it says: HOW MANY INCHES DO YOU WANT?

He thought that might sell well around the campus...

darin
05-12-2015, 06:15 AM
Before I left Washington State I read a story about an organ donor - turns out the poor guy had 'organ donor' on his license, so the University of Washington took his brain to study stuff. His family was livid, but under state law, if folks have 'organ donor' on their license, etc, Science has claim to the body - not just real people who NEED stuff.

It's probably best to get an organ donor agreement formalized.

Noir
05-12-2015, 07:29 AM
Of course, after death they are to be used for anyone that needs/can use them. Thoughts?

Agreed, after death they're either gonna rot or turn to ash, any use that can be found for thems better than that.