PDA

View Full Version : `Professor defiant after school condemns racially charged remarks.....`

LongTermGuy
05-19-2015, 11:30 PM
`A Duke University professor was defiant after the school last week condemned his "noxious" and "offensive" words in a letter published in The New York Times in which he compared African-Americans unfavorably to Asian-Americans.
The school's rebuke came after a student backlash against Political Science Professor Jerry Hough, 80, whose May 9 letter sought to address racism and the Baltimore riots. Hough said African-Americans don't try to integrate into society, while Asians “worked doubly hard” to overcome racism instead of blaming it.....`

`But Hough, in an e-mail to an ABC affiliate, said political correctness is getting in the way of thoughtful and frank debate........
“I am strongly against the obsession with ‘sensitivity,'" Hough wrote. "The more we have emphasized sensitivity in recent years, the worse race relations have become. *I think that is not an accident. I know that the 60 years since the Montgomery bus boycott is a long time, and things must be changed. The Japanese and other Asians did not obsess with the concentration camps and the fact they were linked with blacks as ‘colored.’"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/19...ade-regarding/ (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/19/duke-professor-responds-to-criticism-about-online-comments-made-regarding/)

"Virtually every black has a strange new name that symbolizes their lack of desire for integration.”
- Duke University Prof. Jerry Hough

LongTermGuy
05-19-2015, 11:35 PM
"Inclusiveness" is exactly what this professor is talking about you idiots!... And "respect"?
Respect for what? Respect the fact that blacks want to entrench themselves in their own culture of ignorance.....drugs and gangs?

....Our inner city ghettos are cultural islands. They name their kids DeShawn...Trevon..Shanice and Precious while shunning education as a "white thing"...... They can't get a job...a car or a house and attribute it all to racism while calling for "social justice"....`

Kathianne
05-20-2015, 04:06 AM
IMO there is no doubt that this administration has exerbated the racial/religious/you name the social issue divides in this country. They didn't cause the divides, but certainly worsened them-especially for blacks.

I understood the reasoning for affirmative action in the 70's, the usefulness of such should have had a sunset clause. That may be happening soon. Asians are fighting back, suing the Ivies for discrimination and I wouldn't be surprised to see some whites joining in.

The following article illustrates the inherent discrimination, highlighting that the minorities 'helped' are not the poor and downtrodden, rather the sons and daughters of highly successful parents-which sort of points out the uselessness of the 'plus points':

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/418530/what-ivy-league-affirmative-action-really-looks-inside-david-french

What Ivy League Affirmative Action Really Looks Like... BY DAVID FRENCH

Asian Americans have finally had enough. They’re tired of working harder, achieving more academically, then having that held against them as they try to fulfill their educational dreams in our nation’s most elite universities. To gain entry into top private schools such as Harvard or the best public schools such as the University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill, no one has to do better than Americans of Chinese or Japanese or Korean descent. To make room for black, Latino, and — yes — white students, deserving Asian Americans are pushed aside. And they’re tired of it.

So last week a coalition of more than 60 Asian-American groups filed complaints with the Department of Justice and Department of Education, alleging systematic racial discrimination in college admissions. They’re right, of course. Colleges do systematically disadvantage Asian students, and the problem is worse than they imagine. I’ve seen it with my own eyes.

Voted4Reagan
05-20-2015, 06:17 AM
My grandparents came from Ireland. They always said that they were AMERICANS first and IRISH second. They maintained aspects of Irish Culture in the home and among other friends that had emigrated from Ireland with them. They were proud to be given the oath of citizenship. They worked hard to raise their families. To ensure the kids were educated and that they went to college. They worked low paying jobs for years to provide for their kids.

My former in-laws Parents were the same way. They were from Italy. They maintained culture within the home, but in public they were Americans first and Italian second. Italian was NOT to be spoken in the street. They were expected to dress and act American. They went to school, learned trades and worked hard. If Italian was spoken outside the home there was hell to pay!!

Failure to assimilate leads to failure. It leads to the setting up of insulated communities where others who are not the same are viewed with suspicion. It leads to animosity, feelings of inequality and eventually social and even racial unrest. look at the Islamic communities in Europe. Look at the Black communities here in the United States. They are powder kegs of racial and social unrest that explode when the slightest perceived injustice occurs.

Put aside your individual race and trappings of cultural origin. It will lead to success.

Kathianne
05-20-2015, 10:52 AM
IMO there is no doubt that this administration has exerbated the racial/religious/you name the social issue divides in this country. They didn't cause the divides, but certainly worsened them-especially for blacks.

I understood the reasoning for affirmative action in the 70's, the usefulness of such should have had a sunset clause. That may be happening soon. Asians are fighting back, suing the Ivies for discrimination and I wouldn't be surprised to see some whites joining in.

The following article illustrates the inherent discrimination, highlighting that the minorities 'helped' are not the poor and downtrodden, rather the sons and daughters of highly successful parents-which sort of points out the uselessness of the 'plus points':

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/418530/what-ivy-league-affirmative-action-really-looks-inside-david-french

More on the case the Asians are bringing:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-new-jews-of-harvard-admissions-1432077157

A coalition of more than 60 Chinese, Indian, Korean and Pakistani organizations is asking the U.S. departments of Justice and Education to investigate possible racial bias in undergraduate admissions at Harvard. The complaint announced on Friday, echoing a lawsuit filed by another group in November, accuses Harvard and other elite institutions of holding Asian-Americans to far higher standards than other applicants, a practice used to limit the number of Jewish students at Ivy League schools in the first half of the 20th century.

Citing several academic studies, the complaint notes that Asians have some of the highest academic credentials but the lowest acceptance rates at the nation’s top schools, a result that the coalition attributes to “just-for-Asians admissions standards that impose unfair and illegal burdens on Asian-American college applicants.” A 2009 paper by Princeton sociologists Thomas J. Espenshade and Alexandria Walton Radford found that “Asian-Americans have the lowest acceptance rate for each SAT test score bracket, having to score on average approximately 140 points higher than a white student, 270 points higher than a Hispanic student and 450 points higher than a black student on the SAT to be on equal footing.”

DLT
05-20-2015, 01:55 PM
`A Duke University professor was defiant after the school last week condemned his "noxious" and "offensive" words in a letter published in The New York Times in which he compared African-Americans unfavorably to Asian-Americans.
The school's rebuke came after a student backlash against Political Science Professor Jerry Hough, 80, whose May 9 letter sought to address racism and the Baltimore riots. Hough said African-Americans don't try to integrate into society, while Asians “worked doubly hard” to overcome racism instead of blaming it.....`

`But Hough, in an e-mail to an ABC affiliate, said political correctness is getting in the way of thoughtful and frank debate........
“I am strongly against the obsession with ‘sensitivity,'" Hough wrote. "The more we have emphasized sensitivity in recent years, the worse race relations have become. *I think that is not an accident. I know that the 60 years since the Montgomery bus boycott is a long time, and things must be changed. The Japanese and other Asians did not obsess with the concentration camps and the fact they were linked with blacks as ‘colored.’"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/19...ade-regarding/ (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/19/duke-professor-responds-to-criticism-about-online-comments-made-regarding/)

"Virtually every black has a strange new name that symbolizes their lack of desire for integration.”
- Duke University Prof. Jerry Hough

Ooooh....not allowed. Not allowed to speak the painful truth and point out the reality vs. the fascade that leftists would have you believe in. That guy's goin down.

Trigg
05-20-2015, 02:22 PM
Towards to the end of the video the man makes an excellent point. Politicians and liberals want to make blacks a permanent victim class. By making excuses for underachievement or giving them extra points towards college. Even if they do succeed, it's because they're the white man's puppet.

Liberals want blacks to be a victim, even if they're in a place of authority.

Michelle O is out there at college graduations telling students they'll have to work twice as hard to make it. It's really sad that the First Lady is telling College Graduates that they're still victims. Blacks have been fed this line for so long that they believe it, to the detriment of getting ahead.

Just to illustrate, here is the income by race. Hispanics are higher than blacks.

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-median-income-in-the-us-by-race-2013-9