PDA

View Full Version : Illegal?

Perianne
05-20-2015, 07:18 AM
Actions or things that are against the law and can land you in jail, but shouldn't be illegal in your opinion.

Prostitution.

Drummond
05-20-2015, 08:04 AM
Apologies to Perianne, since my contribution doesn't properly qualify for the terms of this thread. Although I'd argue that it qualifies MORE than it perhaps should ...

From my side of the Pond (and pretty much in Noir's backyard ?) ... a current story that's been making headlines over here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-32791239

A judge has ruled that a Christian-run bakery discriminated against a gay customer by refusing to make a cake with a pro-gay marriage slogan.

Ashers Baking Company, based in County Antrim, was taken to court by gay rights activist Gareth Lee.

A Belfast judge said, as a business, Ashers was not exempt from discrimination law.

The firm's general manager said they were "extremely disappointed" by the ruling and are considering an appeal.

Damages of £500 were agreed in advance by legal teams on both sides of the dispute.

Nobody seems to have considered that the Company's Christian beliefs have been discriminated against ! I've a funny feeling that if an Islamic business objected to a cake order requiring a cartoon of Mohammed on it (or some form of Islamic-critical statement, or one offending Islamic sensibilities) the ruling would be VERY different ...

jimnyc
05-20-2015, 08:07 AM
Apologies to Perianne, since my contribution doesn't properly qualify for the terms of this thread. Although I'd argue that it qualifies MORE than it perhaps should ...

From my side of the Pond (and pretty much in Noir's backyard ?) ... a current story that's been making headlines over here.

Nobody seems to have considered that the Company's Christian beliefs have been discriminated against ! I've a funny feeling that if an Islamic business objected to a cake order requiring a cartoon of Mohammed on it (or some form of Islamic-critical statement, or one offending Islamic sensibilities) the ruling would be VERY different ...

DejaVu!

As you know, this has happened in the US already. And in case you didn't know, the test was already put to Muslims, and they all refused service to gays. Has anyone heard of them being fined or similar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWIhYAtan4

jimnyc
05-20-2015, 08:12 AM
Actions or things that are against the law and can land you in jail, but shouldn't be illegal in your opinion.

Prostitution.

I agree with the prostitution. :)

Some drugs, not all, SOME. Do you hear me PAUL FAMILY? Marijuana I can see, but not cocaine and heroin. Natural ok, chemicals most likely not.

indago
05-20-2015, 09:10 AM
DejaVu!

As you know, this has happened in the US already. And in case you didn't know, the test was already put to Muslims, and they all refused service to gays. Has anyone heard of them being fined or similar?

There probably won't be any faggots bringing actions against the Muslim businesses, or they may just wake up one morning and find their head separated from their body...

jimnyc
05-20-2015, 09:24 AM
There probably won't be any faggots bringing actions against the Muslim businesses, or they may just wake up one morning and find their head separated from their body...

'
Yep, and that's the sad truth. But even sadder is it's because so many prefer to attack Christianity and make such demands, where no one seems to do the same to other religions here in the US.

Gunny
06-15-2015, 03:58 PM

The government puts businesses over a barrel in this area as they do the states and highway funding. They could lose any tax exemption(s) they may have as a business if they discriminate. Cracker Barrel caved over the hiring of gays for the same reason.

The business owner would have to be willing to eat that bullet and most won't.

I foresee the same happening with gay marriage. Any church that refuses will be threatened with its tax-free status.

Gunny
06-15-2015, 04:00 PM
I agree with the prostitution. :)

Some drugs, not all, SOME. Do you hear me PAUL FAMILY? Marijuana I can see, but not cocaine and heroin. Natural ok, chemicals most likely not.

Heroin and coca are actually natural.

Perianne
06-15-2015, 04:04 PM

Prostitution.

You should be able to shoot someone who enters your property and refuses to leave.

Gunny
06-15-2015, 04:17 PM

Prostitution.

I don't like that one can be thrown in jail or at a minimum out of his own home on a woman's say-so. A mere accusation can get a restraining order. (I watch COPS). In most cases, the accusation lands the man in jail.

The same goes with the accusation of rape.

It shouldn't be legal to beat your spouse; however, neither should it be legal to arrest one party based on a he-said she-said. If a he-said she-said without corroborating evidence won't stand up in criminal court for any other crime, then why DOES it stand up in a domestic violence case?

I also agree on the prostitution and pot. They manpower and man hours wasted on stings on users and johns is what gets me. They aren't going to stop because you put them in jail overnight.

Gunny
06-15-2015, 04:19 PM
You should be able to shoot someone who enters your property and refuses to leave.

Depends. If they pose a threat, you can, depending which state you live in. If they refuse to leave but pose no threat, I just call the cops. It's not worth the hassle, time and money the legal system costs you EVEN IF you are in the right and found innocent.

Our legal system is nothing more than a money making scam for the state.

WiccanLiberal
06-15-2015, 04:41 PM
My general point of view is that vices can be profitable. And if so, why shouldn't they profit the government rather than costing the taxpayer. Specifically, brothel based prostitution and marijuana. Legalize them and tax the heck out of them in the same fashion as tobacco and alcohol. Prohibition proved one thing. You make a popular vice illegal and it doesn't go away. It just goes underground and the criminals are the only ones making money off it. It costs a lot of money to prosecute hookers, johns and small time pot users. I'd much rather see money coming in from that quarter than going out.

Drummond
06-15-2015, 07:33 PM
Depends. If they pose a threat, you can, depending which state you live in. If they refuse to leave but pose no threat, I just call the cops. It's not worth the hassle, time and money the legal system costs you EVEN IF you are in the right and found innocent.

Our legal system is nothing more than a money making scam for the state.

Over here, there's no choice. You'd have to call the police, if you were going to take action at all. Try shooting anyone over here (assuming you can even get a gun in the first place), and you'd be looking at a jail term. Probably a lengthy one.

Drummond
06-15-2015, 07:35 PM

Double glazing salesmen. A mother-in-law. Absolutely !:dance:

Perianne
06-15-2015, 08:50 PM
Double glazing salesmen. A mother-in-law. Absolutely !:dance:

Wait a minute! I am soon to be a mother-in-law.

Kathianne
06-15-2015, 10:25 PM
Wait a minute! I am soon to be a mother-in-law.

Mother of the bride or groom?

Perianne
06-15-2015, 10:26 PM
Mother of the bride or groom?

Bride. My only daughter is planning to get married in August. I will miss her.

Kathianne
06-15-2015, 10:31 PM
Bride. My only daughter is planning to get married in August. I will miss her.

I went through 3 weddings in 2 years! First my daughter, then the two sons. Sheesh! LOL! The last one only lasted a few months, we tried to tell him! ;) He's in a very good place now.

From the daughter I have a granddaughter; from the oldest son, a grandson! So special! Must say as crazy as weddings were, the grandchildren make it all worth it!

Perianne
06-15-2015, 10:36 PM
I went through 3 weddings in 2 years! First my daughter, then the two sons. Sheesh! LOL! The last one only lasted a few months, we tried to tell him! ;) He's in a very good place now.

From the daughter I have a granddaughter; from the oldest son, a grandson! So special! Must say as crazy as weddings were, the grandchildren make it all worth it!

I hope to have a grandbaby some day.