PDA

View Full Version : World's Fastest Bike VS FAST Nissan GT-R ................

LongTermGuy
05-20-2015, 11:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbpM0fnW0vg

darin
05-21-2015, 05:44 AM
that's a great video - but misleading - looks like they started from a roll. Rolls are for bakers. Do it from a dig. :)

:D

Jeff
05-21-2015, 06:59 AM
A Brother in my club wants one of those new Kawasaki Ninja's, says from the factory ( I think he said ) they have like 182 HP, nobody needs that kind of power on the street, if you build it you are more likley to understand it and play with it at the right places ( say at the track ) but selling that kind of power to anyone that has $30,000 to lay out ( or worst yet s signature ) is just plain crazy.

When I had bought my second Harley I bought it from a guy I knew that owned a Bike shop ( Bloomfeild Harley and YAMAHA ) Well the dude that worked there ( a old grey beard biker ) George told me that for ever three of the crotch rocket's he sells it seems like one gets killed, so he would ask people if they wanted the shovel that went with the bike, when people would ask " Shovel " he would tell them yea to scrape your A$$ up off the ground after you wreck. He explained to me that those bikes handle so well it gives these young kids the feeling that they can do anything with them, he said that is when the problems began, you can't make the bike do anything and most figure this out at a high rate of speed it that isn't the right time to realize it.

darin
05-21-2015, 08:15 AM
A Brother in my club wants one of those new Kawasaki Ninja's, says from the factory ( I think he said ) they have like 182 HP, nobody needs that kind of power on the street, if you build it you are more likley to understand it and play with it at the right places ( say at the track ) but selling that kind of power to anyone that has $30,000 to lay out ( or worst yet s signature ) is just plain crazy.

When I had bought my second Harley I bought it from a guy I knew that owned a Bike shop ( Bloomfeild Harley and YAMAHA ) Well the dude that worked there ( a old grey beard biker ) George told me that for ever three of the crotch rocket's he sells it seems like one gets killed, so he would ask people if they wanted the shovel that went with the bike, when people would ask " Shovel " he would tell them yea to scrape your A$$ up off the ground after you wreck. He explained to me that those bikes handle so well it gives these young kids the feeling that they can do anything with them, he said that is when the problems began, you can't make the bike do anything and most figure this out at a high rate of speed it that isn't the right time to realize it.

Yet you didn’t mention nobody "needs" 1300hp! :)

My old bike (ZX6R 636cc) had only about 107hp at the wheel. With 107hp, the bike could run mid 10 second 1/4 miles. That kind of acceleration would take most cars about 700hp to reach. The ZX10s (997cc) at the time made about 160hp.

107hp on a bike can be crazy fast. 160 was retarded-fast. 175hp at the wheel (figure if the bike you mentioned has 182hp, it'd lose a few through the drive train) would be...Uh...Ludicrous.

Crotch rocket? That's racist my comfy-cushy-slow bike friend. We call them 'sport bikes' :)

And that's the thing - the level of squirt. See, with my bike's 107hp, a 1/4 twist of throttle gave (______________)this much squirt/power. On the new bikes? That same amount of throttle gives (_________________________________________________ _________________________) much squirt. The margin of error is reduced.

ONE thing safer - with today's bikes folks can reach and slow-back-down in a very short stretch of road. In that way, they are spending less time speeding.

Not just more dangerous, today's sport bikes are safer than cruisers because they can better avoid an accident through better braking, and are much easier to hold up because they are so much lighter.

:)

Jeff
05-21-2015, 09:18 AM
Yet you didn’t mention nobody "needs" 1300hp! :)

My old bike (ZX6R 636cc) had only about 107hp at the wheel. With 107hp, the bike could run mid 10 second 1/4 miles. That kind of acceleration would take most cars about 700hp to reach. The ZX10s (997cc) at the time made about 160hp.

107hp on a bike can be crazy fast. 160 was retarded-fast. 175hp at the wheel (figure if the bike you mentioned has 182hp, it'd lose a few through the drive train) would be...Uh...Ludicrous.

Crotch rocket? That's racist my comfy-cushy-slow bike friend. We call them 'sport bikes' :)

And that's the thing - the level of squirt. See, with my bike's 107hp, a 1/4 twist of throttle gave (______________)this much squirt/power. On the new bikes? That same amount of throttle gives (_________________________________________________ _________________________) much squirt. The margin of error is reduced.

ONE thing safer - with today's bikes folks can reach and slow-back-down in a very short stretch of road. In that way, they are spending less time speeding.

Not just more dangerous, today's sport bikes are safer than cruisers because they can better avoid an accident through better braking, and are much easier to hold up because they are so much lighter.

:)

Now that cracked me up :laugh: no offense meant, just what we call them. The boy I am talking about in my club has a 600, But he brought a buddy who has ( I think ) it was 1000cc, and then my Chaplin has a big sport touring bike ( another way of saying rocket with saddle bags on it :laugh: ) but we where out riding the other day and as P I was leading, the guy on the 600 inched up on my right, I knew there was a long straight away coming that is in a deserted area, sure enough as soon as we came out of the turn into the straight away I realized we where running side by side at around 85, he looked smiled at me and gassed it, he took off like a rocket, then I heard the sound of the 1000cc ( he had some kind of custom exhaust ) he passed me , well my God he was flying, well I knew the Chaplin was coming, so I watched in the mirror, sure enough he came by faster than the other two ( again this all started at around 85 mph ) The Chaplin ( who I must add is a preacher at 2 different churches :laugh: ) loves his bike, it is all stock so it is quiet as can be, but when he does come flying by you can hear that motor working ( he tells me that is what he likes about it most ) Those bikes are fast, no doubt, and like you those boys explained how much safer they actually are, and in the right hands looking at it in a mechanical way, they sure are, they are lighter and have better braking power just for starters. The only issue I have with them is when these young kids get them and have no idea what they are doing, man 107 HP on a bike is a rocket, put that in a kids hands and chances are they are going to get hurt. But in the same token you can get hurt on anything if ya don't do it the right way.

LongTermGuy
05-21-2015, 12:00 PM
`....That H2R had 300HP supercharged.....thing couldn't weigh over 475lbs...now thats a heck of a power to weight ratio. When I had my 2007 Subaru STi ...its weight was approx 3350 lbs.. turbo-flat 4cyl rated stock at 300 hp... (mine was modified bigger turbo and exhaust along with electronics pulling around 375 hp)...anyway ..stock versions rated at 300 hp were doing 0-60`s around 4.7 seconds...quarter mile around 13.3 with 300 hp!...so ya that bike had some power....

darin
05-21-2015, 12:23 PM
. When I had my 2007 Subaru STi ...its weight was approx 3350 lbs.. turbo-flat 4cyl rated stock at 300 hp... (mine was modified bigger turbo and exhaust along with electronics pulling around 375 hp)...anyway ..stock versions rated at 300 hp were doing 0-60`s around 4.7 seconds...quarter mile around 13.3 with 300 hp!...so ya that bike had some power....

NICE!

I had a 06 LegacyGT Spec.B with VF32 (stock 2008+ WRX turbo), upgraded (AVO) Top-mount IC, Pro-tune, 23psi, 255lph intank fuel pump, 740cc injectors, ACT clutch and lighweight flywheel with catless up and downpipes. I didn't drag it but I ran from 10mph to 120mph literally side by side with a 2011 or 2012 Camaro SS. :) Fast as hell. Stock was 250hp, but I'm convinced mine had close to 350 + great gearing :)

LongTermGuy
05-21-2015, 12:24 PM
`Talkin` about power and handling:thumb:

`F1 machine....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubafS9RUlkU

LongTermGuy
05-21-2015, 12:33 PM
NICE!

I had a 06 LegacyGT Spec.B with VF32 (stock 2008+ WRX turbo), Pro-tune, 23psi, 255lph intank fuel pump, 740cc injectors, ACT clutch and lighweight flywheel with catless up and downpipes. I didn't drag it but I ran from 10mph to 120mph literally side by side with a 2011 or 2012 Camaro SS. :) Fast as hell. Stock was 250hp, but I'm convinced mine had close to 350 + great gearing :)

`....ahhh ya...Lovin it....Remember... the rainy days were always fun just simply taking off from a "light" going straight... with "AWD":dev3:

:laugh: