PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Tailfins?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-22-2015, 09:07 AM
What happened to Tailfins? Three weeks without a post....
Anybody know? -Tyr

LongTermGuy
05-22-2015, 04:29 PM
`​Maybe he is on vacation (out in the field)...or taking a break....hope all is well...

jimnyc
05-24-2015, 08:05 AM
I thought I saw him posting yesterday? Anyway, I think he hates me, or hated me, for something I said? I have that effect on some folks! :)

WiccanLiberal
05-24-2015, 08:50 AM
Jim I wouldn't worry about being hated in this context. My take is that what he doesn't like is being called out for his own hating. As far as I can see, you are more likely to let people sort things out than stand on your prerogatives as the board's owner. I'm guessing he didn't like that you set a limit in some way, a limit that most of us would see as perfectly reasonable.

Kathianne
05-24-2015, 09:06 AM
Jim I wouldn't worry about being hated in this context. My take is that what he doesn't like is being called out for his own hating. As far as I can see, you are more likely to let people sort things out than stand on your prerogatives as the board's owner. I'm guessing he didn't like that you set a limit in some way, a limit that most of us would see as perfectly reasonable.

I agree with near all. It's not a good idea, imo, for the staff to enforce 'common decency.' However, there's no problem for members to use the same platform for calling out haters of any type. My personal tact is to do so mostly in a questioning form, but some like to just be as obvious as the hater.

Tailfin's misogynistic tendencies have been highlighted by Abbey and myself more than a few times. ;)

tailfins
05-24-2015, 09:11 AM

I don't consort with occultists or their enablers. I lost my stomach around here after I was careful to only criticize your beloved tarot cards and not you personally. I was jumped all over and put in the cage nonetheless. V4R told me how I must behave and Kathianne enforced his officiousness (make sure you look up that word) which has never happened before. Jim backed up Kathianne. V4R is a defacto moderator. That's NOT an acceptable situation. Since Tyr asked, I will answer his question.

Ephesians 6:12King James Version (KJV)12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Being an occultist is worse than being a ISIS terrorist, murderer or child molester. It involves doing Lucifer's bidding and communicating with his agents (e.g. demons)

LongTermGuy
05-24-2015, 09:13 AM
Good Morning TailFins! :)

tailfins
05-24-2015, 09:58 AM
Good Morning TailFins! :)

Thanks, LTG. Also, there has been a new development. I started a new programming contract this month that involves pair programming. This could last a year or more. My programming partner is named Ahmed. He is a practicing Muslim. He's an absolutely nice guy. He's competent too. Except for my sons, I have been spending almost zero time with American nationals. Almost everyone I work with is Muslim or Hindu. That includes a nice Indian woman I get along well with, thank you very much.

It would be absolutely foolhardy to view DP at work for this particular job.

LongTermGuy
05-24-2015, 10:02 AM
Thanks, LTG. Also, there has been a new development. I started a new programming contract this month that involves pair programming. This could last a year or more. My programming partner is named Ahmed. He is a practicing Muslim. He's an absolutely nice guy. He's competent too. Except for my sons, I have been spending almost zero time with American nationals. Almost everyone I work with is Muslim or Hindu. That includes a nice Indian woman I get along well with, thank you very much.

*Sounds great ^^....dont let anyone indoctrinate `yo` ass;)....just kidding man...have a great weekend...see you `here`.

Voted4Reagan
05-25-2015, 08:05 PM
I don't consort with occultists or their enablers. I lost my stomach around here after I was careful to only criticize your beloved tarot cards and not you personally. I was jumped all over and put in the cage nonetheless. V4R told me how I must behave and Kathianne enforced his officiousness (make sure you look up that word) which has never happened before. Jim backed up Kathianne. V4R is a defacto moderator. That's NOT an acceptable situation. Since Tyr asked, I will answer his question.

Being an occultist is worse than being a ISIS terrorist, murderer or child molester. It involves doing Lucifer's bidding and communicating with his agents (e.g. demons)

If I was a "DeFacto Moderator" as you proclaim.... you'd have been banned and booted long ago. Simply because I find your intolerance to the beliefs of others to be the least "Christian" thing about you. I find your views antiquated, Misogynistic and steeped in hatred masked by your own brand of Pseudo-Christian Psycho-Babble.

I'll leave YOU with a little quote... Luke 6:31

31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

I'll take that advice... and every time you open your mouth with Hatred and intolerance I will speak against you and report you for religious bigotry.

There is no ONE TRUE RELIGION... Christian, Muslim, Jew and Pagan and all others must live and work together to better understand on another.

YOU Tailwind... do nothing to advance this ....

jimnyc
05-26-2015, 07:10 AM
I lost my stomach around here after I was careful to only criticize your beloved tarot cards and not you personally. I was jumped all over and put in the cage nonetheless. V4R told me how I must behave and Kathianne enforced his officiousness (make sure you look up that word) which has never happened before. Jim backed up Kathianne. V4R is a defacto moderator. That's NOT an acceptable situation. Since Tyr asked, I will answer his question.

I'm unsure what this is all about, and not really sure I want to dredge it up. I remember giving you advice, and trying to be funny but yet informative, trying to make you understand things. But I certainly never moderated you. I try to make everyone get along if I can. Sometimes I try to make others understand, or try different ways of approaching things in order to head off extended fighting. But I don't recall ever doing anything to make you lose your stomach. I think rather than being a dick, I tried to approach things with you in a humorous manner, so that hopefully we would work together, instead of against one another. But you didn't want any of that. Next thing I know you told me you were bailing. But hell, if you go and look back, again, I didn't moderate you, and I stepped in to settle things down.

But please, come back nicely and let things drop. You CAN be a valued member here, I've seen it. I've also seen you walk around with a pin, trying to pop every balloon you can and piss others off. It's up to you!! But please, please don't make it sound like I am running you off, or over-moderating you in any manner.

WiccanLiberal
05-26-2015, 03:51 PM
Unfortunately this particular member has a one note song. He has a major issue with me, not because I have ever been overly critical of him or challenged his views but because of who I am. I make no secret of my spiritual path and respect the journey of others. He cannot make the same adjustment and, as far as I can see, never will. He is hateful and bigoted and I choose not to engage with or reply to him directly. I will not give that much energy to him. He is not worth it. My other half, on the other hand, has no problem with handing him back his misery. This member chooses to see this as some kind of doubles act. It is not. V4R posts as he wills and if offended will say so. I have no influence over his postings nor does he on mine. He does seem to seek out my posts on various threads and, as you have seen in the past, will turn anything I say into a diatribe against my spirituality, posting as if he, from his supposedly superior viewpoint, has the right to judge me. I refuse to allow him to place me in a reactive rather than proactive mode.

Gunny
05-26-2015, 04:06 PM
I'm unsure what this is all about, and not really sure I want to dredge it up. I remember giving you advice, and trying to be funny but yet informative, trying to make you understand things. But I certainly never moderated you. I try to make everyone get along if I can. Sometimes I try to make others understand, or try different ways of approaching things in order to head off extended fighting. But I don't recall ever doing anything to make you lose your stomach. I think rather than being a dick, I tried to approach things with you in a humorous manner, so that hopefully we would work together, instead of against one another. But you didn't want any of that. Next thing I know you told me you were bailing. But hell, if you go and look back, again, I didn't moderate you, and I stepped in to settle things down.

But please, come back nicely and let things drop. You CAN be a valued member here, I've seen it. I've also seen you walk around with a pin, trying to pop every balloon you can and piss others off. It's up to you!! But please, please don't make it sound like I am running you off, or over-moderating you in any manner.

Free speech is a two-way street. Unfortunately, the American public is indoctrinated into believing it's a one-way street. By law, Nazi's have no less free speech than Jews. Whites have no less free speech than blacks. In practice however, society has indoctrinated us to believe differently. Some have more equal rights than others.

That isn't what the Constitution says.