PDA

View Full Version : `When grilling do you prefer propane, natural gas or charcoal? Heres an option......

LongTermGuy
05-23-2015, 09:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HEjzUskJGI

Jeff
05-24-2015, 06:53 AM
I always preferred charcoal but propane is so much cleaner, faster and just more convenient. And then my Dad hipped me to those wood chips that you can put on the grill that helps give the meat a kind of smoked taste ( I used the soaked wood chips on the charcoal grill a bunch but just recently found the ones for a propane grill ) I have had the argument with many that say they can taste the difference and honestly I have seen folks fail the test may times. Unless like many I have seen you cook on charcoal the wrong way ( throw the meat on before the coals are ready, in which case you taste the lighter fluid ) than I don't believe the taste is different, and if you add the smoked chips than I know it isn't.

jimnyc
05-24-2015, 08:09 AM
Ate from a smoker the night before last. My neanderthal brother in law has one just like a grill, no propane. Dopey puts in a ton of charcoal and waits for ambers. Then he tosses on a normal piece of oak from his yard!! Tosses on the burgers and dogs I bought, not so bad, but too small to get a good smoked flavor. Tossed on some Filet's I bought and let them slow cook.

Halfway through the dummy yanks a piece off and tells me to try it. I chew a few bites and then couldn't spit it out quick enough!! Tasted nasty, and charcoal like. They love it, and I was depressed that I couldn't enjoy the yummy meat that they killed on me. :(

I think I want one now, but mine will be a smaller upright one, with windowed front and 3 shelves, and propane - and I won't be tossing on some nasty wood that my dog probably peed on for the past 5 years! LOL Their damn dog is HUGE.

Kathianne
05-24-2015, 08:35 AM
Anything tastes better when I'm served by someone else! They may apply fire any damn way they please. LOL! For my own choice, I'd choose charcoal. I do love smokers, but don't see one in my future.

LongTermGuy
05-24-2015, 08:54 AM
`...I mixx it up (Propane-Charcoal) *depending on mood....will pass on the LAVA...Good morning all!:coffee: