PDA

View Full Version : I'm back anyone miss me????

Trigg
07-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Man, 2700 posts since I left???

I went to Kansas for a family reunion, stopping through Branson Missouri first. Beautiful mountains, we took the kids for a short 40 mile train ride threw the hills, they love it.

Then on to Kansas. Drove through Greensburg, it's just awful to see the devistation that took place in that town. Probably 90% of the town was distroyed and looking around not much has changed. They have a MASH type hospital and a few FEMA trailors, but I didn't see much sign of life. Many had moved to Pratt (where we were visiting).

Anyway had a great time visiting, although I could have happily skipped the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG drive back home. Videos in the van are a godsend by the way for any of you traveling with kids.

MtnBiker
07-02-2007, 09:26 PM
Good to hear from you Trigg, welcome back!

I've drove through Kansas several times, videos do sound like a good idea.

manu1959
07-02-2007, 09:26 PM
me................welcome back

Dilloduck
07-02-2007, 09:30 PM
well---If I had been here I woulda missed ya. Just got back from "Lake North Texas" and now I'm in "Lake Central Texas". It really needs to stop raining here.

Trigg
07-02-2007, 09:35 PM
The rain is a big problem there. As soon as we hit Kansas the rain started. The rivers we went by were all out of their banks and the news was full of gloom and doom about the harvests in Oklahoma being ruined.

It was cold which is highly unusual for June down there, I was expecting 90's and 100's, guess I should have payed more attention to the weather before packing.

Gaffer
07-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Welcome back. Branson is a cool place. I was there a couple of years ago and had a blast. So much to do there.

It's usually Missouri that gets nailed with the floods in that area.

Nukeman
07-03-2007, 05:16 PM
well---If I had been here I woulda missed ya. Just got back from "Lake North Texas" and now I'm in "Lake Central Texas". It really needs to stop raining here.I think everyone should evacuate Texas and go to New Orleans, I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms. After all thats what Texas did for them. Who knows maybe you can bring the crime rate down, you know the opposite of what they did for you....