PDA

View Full Version : Where do I stand in American politics

John V
05-26-2015, 11:22 PM
Where do the following beliefs put me politically in America?

Out of all the recent American Presidents, my favourite would be Reagan. I can still recall several of his quotes, because to me they’re truisms and I believe he was sincere in a lot of what he said, unlike today’s crowd of Marxist Democrats and RINOs.

Here are six thoughts of ‘Chairman John’, the ‘Maoist commie’ from across the seas. :laugh:

I. I believe in the power of the individual over that of government
Government exists to serve people and not the other way around.

II. I believe in small government managing the affairs of the country, without forcing their ideological opinions on the population
Having been voted in with a majority, the government is entitled to manage in a way in which it sees fit. It is not the government’s job to force its views onto others.

III. I believe in inequality as a natural occurrence and that some people will swim and some will sink
It is not the job of government to try to equalise a society using anti-discrimination laws or taxpayers to fund it.

IV. I believe in patriotism not nationalism. Nationalism leads to exceptionalism and the need to control
The difference is between a love of one’s country and a belief that it has superior rights over others.

V. I believe that the culture (and therefore the morals and values) of society should be preserved and not be changed to suit that of immigrants
If Americans were a small recently discovered tribe, there’d be uproar at mass foreign immigration, culture change and what would be seen as backdoor colonialization.

VI. I believe in ‘We the people’, not ‘We the government’ or ‘Change you can believe in’
The Founding Fathers, although never envisaging mass transient populations and the modern world, knew enough to provide a constitution to protect the individual. They also warned against giving that power away. Electing a Marxist President, trying to make everyone equal or policing the world is not quite what they had in mind.

Balu
05-27-2015, 06:13 AM
Where do the following beliefs put me politically in America?

Out of all the recent American Presidents, my favourite would be Reagan. I can still recall several of his quotes, because to me they’re truisms and I believe he was sincere in a lot of what he said, unlike today’s crowd of Marxist Democrats and RINOs.

Here are six thoughts of ‘Chairman John’, the ‘Maoist commie’ from across the seas. :laugh:

II. I believe in small government managing the affairs of the country, without forcing their ideological opinions on the population
Having been voted in with a majority, the government is entitled to manage in a way in which it sees fit. It is not the government’s job to force its views onto others.

III. I believe in inequality as a natural occurrence and that some people will swim and some will sink
It is not the job of government to try to equalise a society using anti-discrimination laws or taxpayers to fund it.

IV. I believe in patriotism not nationalism. Nationalism leads to exceptionalism and the need to control
The difference is between a love of one’s country and a belief that it has superior rights over others.

V. I believe that the culture (and therefore the morals and values) of society should be preserved and not be changed to suit that of immigrants
If Americans were a small recently discovered tribe, there’d be uproar at mass foreign immigration, culture change and what would be seen as backdoor colonialization.

VI. I believe in ‘We the people’, not ‘We the government’ or ‘Change you can believe in’
The Founding Fathers, although never envisaging mass transient populations and the modern world, knew enough to provide a constitution to protect the individual. They also warned against giving that power away. Electing a Marxist President, trying to make everyone equal or policing the world is not quite what they had in mind.

I really like your post, but...

Question: Every individual may have OWN interests which may conflict with the interests of others. How you intend to solve this contradiction?

Question: USA profess an ideology to implement democracy worldwide, to EVERY country all over the word, sometimes by meas of "democratic bombing" and economic sanctions. Say, in Iraq more than 500,000 (!!!) children of this country died (see the interview of Madeleine Albright). What can you tell about this example?

Question: How can it correspond to the words an American President Obama, that the USA are the unique nation and they are to play their exceptional role in constructing modern word by their own patterns?

If Americans were a small recently discovered tribe, there’d be uproar at mass foreign immigration, culture change and what would be seen as back-door colonization.
I think this is true for immigrants only, but not for indigenous peoples of multinational countries.

Looking forward to your kind comments. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/friends.gif

John V
05-27-2015, 07:11 AM
Hi Balu,

I’m always kind, I’m British. :laugh: Firstly though, I’m not American, I’m a UK citizen working in China. My post is to ask others where they think my political home would lie in America. I do have my views on your questions but I feel it’s better that Americans answer them as they directly concern Americans. :)

Balu
05-27-2015, 07:27 AM
Hi Balu,

I’m always kind, I’m British. :laugh: Firstly though, I’m not American, I’m a UK citizen working in China. My post is to ask others where they think my political home would lie in America. I do have my views on your questions but I feel it’s better that Americans answer them as they directly concern Americans. :)

I am addressing my questions to you, as to a person who have OWN views. The Americans may have theirs, and I hopу that if they consider this subject interesting we could listen to their comments too with great pleasure. Couldn't we? :wink2:

John V
05-27-2015, 09:55 AM
I am addressing my questions to you, as to a person who have OWN views. The Americans may have theirs, and I hopу that if they consider this subject interesting we could listen to their comments too with great pleasure. Couldn't we? :wink2:

I don’t know enough about the American constitution or its complex politics to be able to debate with Americans on that topic and giving my views would mean my doing exactly that. Apart from the last of the six beliefs, they all relate to the UK. My views count for nothing if I don’t know enough about the subject to give an informed opinion. I’ll pass on this one and leave my original op question standing. :)

Gunny
05-27-2015, 10:25 AM
I really like your post, but...

Question: Every individual may have OWN interests which may conflict with the interests of others. How you intend to solve this contradiction?

Question: USA profess an ideology to implement democracy worldwide, to EVERY country all over the word, sometimes by meas of "democratic bombing" and economic sanctions. Say, in Iraq more than 500,000 (!!!) children of this country died (see the interview of Madeleine Albright). What can you tell about this example?

Question: How can it correspond to the words an American President Obama, that the USA are the unique nation and they are to play their exceptional role in constructing modern word by their own patterns?

If Americans were a small recently discovered tribe, there’d be uproar at mass foreign immigration, culture change and what would be seen as back-door colonization.
I think this is true for immigrants only, but not for indigenous peoples of multinational countries.

Looking forward to your kind comments. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/friends.gif

I can answer a couple of your questions.

One, Obama represents the elitist, progressive left. He represents NOTHING in our Constitution. However, he definitely represents Communist philosophy. I was going to say Marxist, but Communism was a perversion of Marxism. Communism and the progressive left in this country still base their belief on those that rule and those that are ruled.

SO, for the purpose of this message board, superimposing Obama's belief's on us is a complete misconception on your part. Obama couldn't lead ants to a picnic.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
05-28-2015, 06:50 PM
I don’t know enough about the American constitution or its complex politics to be able to debate with Americans on that topic and giving my views would mean my doing exactly that. Apart from the last of the six beliefs, they all relate to the UK. My views count for nothing if I don’t know enough about the subject to give an informed opinion. I’ll pass on this one and leave my original op question standing. :)

Yet you condemned "American exceptionalism" as if it was a delusional concept based upon nothing but arrogance and folly.
Certainly seems to be the fish talking about mountain climbing methinks.
You made an accusation then refused to prove it the moment a member (myself) opposed that lie.-Tyr