PDA

View Full Version : New York Times’ Boldfaced Lies About Joe Wilson

stephanie
07-03-2007, 03:06 AM
Support the NYslimes....Cancel your subscription..:cheers2:

July 3rd, 2007
From the Orwellian pages of the New York Times:

Soft on Crime http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/03/opinion/03tues1.web.html?_r=2&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin&oref=slogin
When he was running for president, George W. Bush loved to contrast his law-abiding morality with that of President Clinton, who was charged with perjury and acquitted. For Mr. Bush, the candidate, “politics, after a time of tarnished ideals, can be higher and better.”

Not so for Mr. Bush, the president. Judging from his decision yesterday to commute the 30-month sentence of I. Lewis Libby Jr. — who was charged with perjury and convicted — untarnished ideals are less of a priority than protecting the secrets of his inner circle and mollifying the tiny slice of right-wing Americans left in his political base.

Mr. Libby was convicted of lying to federal agents investigating the leak of the name of a covert C.I.A. operative, Valerie Wilson. Mrs. Wilson’s husband, Joseph Wilson, was asked to investigate a central claim in Mr. Bush’s drive to war with Iraq — whether Iraq tried to purchase uranium from Africa. Mr. Wilson concluded that Iraq had not done that and had the temerity to share those conclusions with the American public.

It seems clear from the record that Vice President Dick Cheney organized a campaign to discredit Mr. Wilson. And Mr. Libby, who was Mr. Cheney’s chief of staff, was willing to lie to protect his boss…
------------------------------------------------------------------
http://sweetness-light.com/
Remember how boldly and easily the New York Times lies each and every time you read an article from them.

They are shameless, dangerous liars.

(By the way, if you are still confused about what actually happened in the Wilson/Plame non-scandal, you might take a look at my exegesis: When And Where Joe Wilson IV Outed Valerie Plame.)http://sweetness-light.com/archive/when-and-why-joseph-c-wilson-iv-outed-valerie-plame

glockmail
07-03-2007, 07:41 AM
Support the NYslimes....Cancel your subscription..:cheers2:
..... I got a call from them a few months back wanting me to subscribe. The guy hung up after I couldn't stop laughing. :laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
07-03-2007, 10:03 AM
That's it, kill the messenger. The bad news coming out of Washington has nothing to do with Washington and everything to do with the NYT. Right. :rolleyes: I think you have misdirected hostility.

glockmail
07-03-2007, 10:23 AM
That's it, kill the messenger. The bad news coming out of Washington has nothing to do with Washington and everything to do with the NYT. Right. :rolleyes: I think you have misdirected hostility. No, just that the NYT puts a biased spin on their news. Are you denying that?

Hagbard Celine
07-03-2007, 10:41 AM
No, just that the NYT puts a biased spin on their news. Are you denying that?

Of course not, but if that's your problem I'm sure you feel the same way about Fox News Channel right? :poke:

Oooh, it stings doesn't it?

glockmail
07-03-2007, 11:42 AM
Of course not, but if that's your problem I'm sure you feel the same way about Fox News Channel right? :poke:

Oooh, it stings doesn't it? Sting? :laugh2: I thought you knew me better than that.

Its your loss if you don't watch a news source that at least tries to be fair and balanced. The NYT makes no such claim.

Hagbard Celine
07-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Sting? :laugh2: I thought you knew me better than that.

Its your loss if you don't watch a news source that at least tries to be fair and balanced. The NYT makes no such claim.

Hey, I can shove feathers up my butt and call myself a chicken too, but does that really make me a chicken?

07-03-2007, 12:02 PM
how is the pardon of a man who was prosecuted simply because he is a republican in the Presidents adminsitration bad news out of washington? its some of the best news ive ever heard. He didnt do anything wrong.

Meanwhile the prosecutor who knew no crime had been committed is still well respected for his witch hunt; the man who leaked the name is virtually ignored while Democrats pretend it was some Bush conspiracy despite his opposition to the administration; and more importantly Joe Wilson, who knowingly lied to the American public and under oath is making money off his lies.

Dont see you guys as enthusiastic about these others.

Little-Acorn
07-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Hey, I can shove feathers up my butt and call myself a chicken too, but does that really make me a chicken?

It would help explain some things we've been wondering about you.

:laugh2:

gabosaurus
07-03-2007, 12:30 PM
How is this different from Fox and the NY Post making boldface, slanderous lies about people? Oh, because it fits their purposes! Never mind...

Hagbard Celine
07-03-2007, 12:35 PM
how is the pardon of a man who was prosecuted simply because he is a republican in the Presidents adminsitration bad news out of washington? its some of the best news ive ever heard. He didnt do anything wrong.

Meanwhile the prosecutor who knew no crime had been committed is still well respected for his witch hunt; the man who leaked the name is virtually ignored while Democrats pretend it was some Bush conspiracy despite his opposition to the administration; and more importantly Joe Wilson, who knowingly lied to the American public and under oath is making money off his lies.

The guy who leaked the name (Scooter) isn't being ignored. He was prosecuted and found guilty--by jurors (members of the public) just like you and me mind you--and now his sentence has been nullified by his big boss. He kept his mouth shut and protected his bosses and now he's basically been given a get-out-of-jail free card.

And Joe Wilson did not lie to the public. He told the public about what he found in Niger. Just because something doesn't jive with your warped view of reality or step right in sync with your party lines doesn't mean it's a lie.

diuretic
07-03-2007, 01:42 PM

I hate to be picky, he wasn't pardoned, his sentence was commuted. His conviction stands.

Kathianne
07-03-2007, 01:59 PM
The guy who leaked the name (Scooter) isn't being ignored. He was prosecuted and found guilty--by jurors (members of the public) just like you and me mind you--and now his sentence has been nullified by his big boss. He kept his mouth shut and protected his bosses and now he's basically been given a get-out-of-jail free card.

And Joe Wilson did not lie to the public. He told the public about what he found in Niger. Just because something doesn't jive with your warped view of reality or step right in sync with your party lines doesn't mean it's a lie.

What penalty was handed to Armitage?

gabosaurus
07-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Once again, you are stating that one wrong is justifiable by another. Obviously the American way.

Kathianne
07-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Once again, you are stating that one wrong is justifiable by another. Obviously the American way.

Actually yeah. Why should there be one set of rules for one party and another for the other? Fuck yeah, I call foul.

glockmail
07-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Hey, I can shove feathers up my butt and call myself a chicken too, but does that really make me a chicken? Why not try it, post some pics, and let your fellow posters be the judge of that. :laugh2:

stephanie
07-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Why not try it, post some pics, and let your fellow posters be the judge of that. :laugh2:

Maybe he can also post one, of him laying an egg....:laugh2:

Yurt
07-03-2007, 07:49 PM
How is this different from Fox and the NY Post making boldface, slanderous lies about people? Oh, because it fits their purposes! Never mind...

:link: to your accusation?

This thread "clearly" shows how biased and full of shitte the NY Slimes is:

It seems clear from the record that Vice President Dick Cheney organized a campaign to discredit Mr. Wilson. And Mr. Libby, who was Mr. Cheney’s chief of staff, was willing to lie to protect his boss…

Bullpucky, the record most certaintly is NOT clear. Hence no conviction for outing plame. Further, there is no proof that Libby "lied" to protect his boss. If you actually read what he was found "guilty" of, it was a bad memory.

Now, are you actually going to defend the quote from the slimes up there by using ad hominem arguments or are you going to admit they are in fact biased?

Psychoblues
07-04-2007, 12:18 AM
Dig it.

Actually yeah. Why should there be one set of rules for one party and another for the other? Fuck yeah, I call foul.

Perspective for the imbeciles?