PDA

View Full Version : Questions of Russian. Elections in the USA.

Balu
05-29-2015, 07:39 AM
In view of the forthcoming elections I would like to learn the attitude of Americans to the following:
- There are only two Parties in the USA that permanently participate in election of your Presided. It resembles Nanai boys struggle. (*)
- Electoral College appoints the President, though the Candidate got the minority of total votes of electorate.
(The forth case in the History of the USA are elections in 2000) And this is when you all keep on proclaiming supremacy of the Rights of individual.

(*)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztstTo3dVp4

tailfins
05-29-2015, 07:50 AM
In view of the forthcoming elections I would like to learn the attitude of Americans to the following:
- There are only two Parties in the USA that permanently participate in election of your Presided. It resembles Nanai boys struggle. (*)
- Electoral College appoints the President, though the Candidate got the minority of total votes of electorate.
(The forth case in the History of the USA are elections in 2000) And this is when you all keep on proclaiming supremacy of the Rights of individual.

(*)

One important function of the Electoral College is a fail-safe against voter fraud. Stuffing a ballot box in New York would gain Hillary Clinton absolutely nothing.

Balu
05-29-2015, 08:11 AM
One important function of the Electoral College is a fail-safe against voter fraud. Stuffing a ballot box in New York would gain Hillary Clinton absolutely nothing.

What would you say about the constitutional opportunity of any member of an Electoral College to vote against the will of the electorate he represents?
I would very much appreciate you, or anybody else, to answer the other questions too.