PDA

View Full Version : Cash for Slackers

red states rule
06-03-2015, 03:07 AM
Once again the US Taxpayers are taken for another long and expensive ride. Thanks to union goons and the "workers" who are enjoying the free ride

What is more applaing, as our heroes DIE waiting for treatment the VA has hundreds of "workers" who do nothing but union business

It’s been a point of controversy that federal workers are working full time not on the job taxpayers pay them to do, but on union business.
However, a probe into government labor fights at the Federal Labor Relations Authority FLRA) reveal another secret taxpayers know little about, the tip of a new trend—the great lengths federal unions go to win fights that let government employees work on just union business from home, all at taxpayer expense.

For example, not only was Janice Perry allowed to work on union issues 100% of the time at her job at Veterans Affairs, she didn’t even want to occasionally show up at work, writes Patrick Pizzella, one of the three federal officials adjudicating federal union fights at the Federal Labor Relations Authority.

Perry, an AFL-CIO president, has been working on union duties full-time while at the VA Medical Center in Martinsburg, West Virginia. After she broke her ankle, Perry demanded she be allowed to work from home, solely on union duties, five days a week, every week.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/economy-policy/2015/06/02/fox-business-exclusive-cash-for-slackers-part-ii/

Did I miss something here folks? Unions are not official government agencies. The taxpayers should not be paying the salaries of union employees.

Bad enough they are over paid, cannot be fired, now they us to pay for their time while not working for the taxpayers but the union???????

darin
06-03-2015, 03:09 PM
The worst thing is - Federal unions have NO real power. Fed employees can't strike. We really can't do much within the union other than basic grievances and having a good source for information on workplace stuff. (sigh). Politicians cave to them just for show.

red states rule
06-03-2015, 03:11 PM
The worst thing is - Federal unions have NO real power. Fed employees can't strike. We really can't do much within the union other than basic grievances and having a good source for information on workplace stuff. (sigh). Politicians cave to them just for show.

Is that why you have a better chance of being attacked by both a grizzly bear and a polar bear on the same day then working for the Federal government and getting fired?

darin
06-03-2015, 03:16 PM
Is that why you have a better chance of being attacked by both a grizzly bear and a polar bear on the same day then working for the Federal government and getting fired?

Is what why? Is 'Federal Employee Unions have no power to strike' the reason firing a Federal employee requires probably months? Over a year in some cases?

No, the perceived lag time between ID'ing a Fed Employee to be fired and actually firing a Federal Employee has nothing to do with the Employees being unable to go on strike. Has nothing to do with why Politicians decide to cave to unions when unions have very little power to DO anything other than help employees with grievances and things like that.

red states rule
06-03-2015, 03:20 PM
Is what why? Is 'Federal Employee Unions have no power to strike' the reason firing a Federal employee requires probably months? Over a year in some cases?

No, the perceived lag time between ID'ing a Fed Employee to be fired and actually firing a Federal Employee has nothing to do with the Employees being unable to go on strike. Has nothing to do with why Politicians decide to cave to unions when unions have very little power to DO anything other than help employees with grievances and things like that.

That kind of garbage would never be tolerated in the private sector. Looks at the outright FRAUD at the VA. The gross incompetence at TSA. Who has lost their job Darrin?

Now we have vets DYING while hundreds of VA workers spend 40 hours plus on union business

The IRS pleads poverty while - yes - hundreds of workers on union buiness

This is why FDR was opposed to the public sector being unionized

and speaking of union workers - how about those efficient TSA workers?

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/81_16466220150602103707.jpg (http://www.debatepolicy.com/political-cartoons/2015/06/02/130973)

darin
06-03-2015, 05:32 PM
That kind of garbage would never be tolerated in the private sector.

Except you are speaking out of ignorance. (shrug). The private sector kisses union asses MUCH MORE than Feds. Read up a little bit on a subject before speaking on it as if you're well-versed maybe?

Who has lost their job Darrin?

Well, Terrry, that's an ineffective question. Are you asking "who in the history of the nation has lost their job while working as a Federal employee?"

Now we have vets DYING while hundreds of VA workers spend 40 hours plus on union business

That's logical fallacy. By logical fallacy I mean your statement does not stand to logic. It's technically correct, but your statement is MEANINGLESS. Your statement is to feign outrage. It'd be like me saying "HUNDREDS of puppies have been KILLED while Terrry sit there and does NOTHING!"

The IRS pleads poverty while - yes - hundreds of workers on union business

The IRS has never pleaded 'poverty'. The IRS says "If you cut our funding we won't do as much work". That's a true statement and one I'd gladly support.

This is why FDR was opposed to the public sector being unionized

You know this is why? You think he might have had other reasons too?

and speaking of union workers - how about those efficient TSA workers?

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/81_16466220150602103707.jpg (http://www.debatepolicy.com/political-cartoons/2015/06/02/130973)

What I see in this thread:

You make a claim. I reply and you THINK I'm countering the claim when Im really providing needed context. You go off on a tangent and start changing the subject because - perhaps - you're aware you don't have the intellectual chops to discuss something, and just start putting up cat pictures - or other things other folks created.

(shrug).

red states rule
06-04-2015, 02:28 AM
Darrin you are a gem

First the private sector kisses the ass of unions so much, unions now represent about 8% of private sector workers

You gave "response" to the second half of my question on who at the TSA was fired over a 6% quality on TSA workers finding guns and bombs in luggage. I guess even you cannot defend that. Again very few federal workers get canned over poor performance or even criminal behavior

and now it has come to the point with you that while our heroes dying while waiting for treatment hundreds of federal workers do union business means nothing to you. I hope you are not in the hallway of a VA center needing help while several paper pushers walk by and ignore you. Seems to you the union comes before all else.

Darin you do know you go to Hell for lying just as you do for stealing right? The IRS has indeed pleaded poverty. The most corrupt of all government agencies also has surplus workers who do nothing but union business. They could be put on the phones or other duties to help the taxpayers. The IRS is so broke from budget cuts they had cash to give bonuses to IRS workers who did not file their taxes and were guilty of bad behavior on the job. Also remember that Star Trek video? Yea Darrin,. they are so cash strapped

Like them Darin you have forgotten who you are working for. Over the last couple of years you have defended blatant waste, abuse, and greed by federal workers. I guess now you are looking out for yourself as you are now one of them

Enjoy the ride. Sooner or later the well will run dry as the economic House of Cards the economy and budget is operating under will implode

And please Darin stop playing dumb. You are too smart for that. Just admit like the Obama phone women you are getting your slice of the pie and want to keep it coming. And maybe you want a bigger piece

You have mastered the arrogance of a Federal worker. Keep it up you will be on MSNBC lecturing the taxpayers on how they are under taxed and the government is under funded

Here are more examples on how the union protects, shields, and defends gross incompetence of federal workers who simply do not do their job

and we are paying for all of it

And now one big government insider is calling foul on government union abuses of taxpayers and federal agencies. Patrick Pizzella, one of the three referees at the FLRA adjudicating these fights, is blowing the whistle on federal union abuses in case after case. “One cannot make this stuff up,” Pizzella said.

For example, federal labor unions are winning fights against federal agencies who try to fire their union workers for letting mentally ill military veterans walk out the door of psychiatric units in Veterans Affairs hospitals, or for not catching things like a major rat infestation in a food factory. Instead, union lawyers are getting their members’ jobs, back-pay, and benefits reinstated, all at taxpayer expense.

Federal unions have also battled Defense Dept. agencies that, for example, try to suspend a daycare worker for letting a toddler wander off a military base down the sidewalk toward traffic.

At the same time, federal worker unions have been fighting to unionize federal inspector generals’ offices, the watchdogs who catch waste, fraud and abuse committed by federal workers at agencies like the IRS, the Dept. of Homeland Security, the Dept. of Transportation, or the Dept. of Veterans Affairs (http://www.govexec.com/oversight/2014/09/ruling-ig-investigations-victory-good-government/95336/?oref=river).

http://www.foxbusiness.com/economy-policy/2015/06/01/fox-business-exclusive-cash-for-slackers/

darin
06-04-2015, 06:53 AM
Darrin you are a gem

Thanks. I am pretty amazing.

First the private sector kisses the ass of unions so much, unions now represent about 8% of private sector workers

What are the sources of your stats? And then, what the hell do those stats have to do with what you're talking about above? Private companies CERTAINLY Pay salaries for union officials. Don't try to fucking lecture ME on Unions, Terrrrrrrrrry. I live near Detroit. I pass hundreds of thousands of union workers simply driving to work.

You gave "response" to the second half of my question on who at the TSA was fired over a 6% quality on TSA workers finding guns and bombs in luggage. I guess even you cannot defend that. Again very few federal workers get canned over poor performance or even criminal behavior

No I didn't. Are you high? I didn't mention anything about finding guns and bombs.

and now it has come to the point with you that while our heroes dying while waiting for treatment hundreds of federal workers do union business means nothing to you. I hope you are not in the hallway of a VA center needing help while several paper pushers walk by and ignore you. Seems to you the union comes before all else.

Again - you have no fucking idea what your point is because you change your point EVERY TIME you are confronted with anything even CLOSE to a reasonable point.

Darin you do know you go to Hell for lying just as you do for stealing right? The IRS has indeed pleaded poverty.

Define your terms or give it up. Who is "The IRS". And when did they "Plead Poverty"? What do you mean by 'pleading'? You make shit up ALL. THE. TIME. Unfortunately, words matter to some folks.

The most corrupt of all government agencies also has surplus workers who do nothing but union business. They could be put on the phones or other duties to help the taxpayers. The IRS is so broke from budget cuts they had cash to give bonuses to IRS workers who did not file their taxes and were guilty of bad behavior on the job. Also remember that Star Trek video? Yea Darrin,. they are so cash strapped

Every GOVERNMENT agency who has union employees has stewards. Not just the most-corrupt. Private companies do that shit too.
What does budget/operating funding have to do with payroll funding, Terrerrerri?

Like them Darin you have forgotten who you are working for. Over the last couple of years you have defended blatant waste, abuse, and greed by federal workers. I guess now you are looking out for yourself as you are now one of them

You're stupid now. You're a liar. You feign intelligence by offering hyperbole and logical fallacy as comment to the shit you post.

Enjoy the ride. Sooner or later the well will run dry as the economic House of Cards the economy and budget is operating under will implode

And please Darin stop playing dumb. You are too smart for that.

You're even stupider now, Private Pyle. I can't play dumb because I'm probably in the top 5 smartest motherfuckers on this board. You know it. Jim knows it. Abbey knows it. Hrm...who else? You're NOT intelligent when it comes to debating ANY FUCKING THING. I can help you be better. You may never like me but you might respect me if you drop your fucking attitude, ask for help and implement that help. Stop the logical fallacy. Stop the hyperbole.

Just admit like the Obama phone women you are getting your slice of the pie and want to keep it coming. And maybe you want a bigger piece

What slice of what pie am I getting? My fucking salary? Do you not like my salary, private pyle? Are you jealous? Do you feel entitled, Private Pyle?

You have mastered the arrogance of a Federal worker. Keep it up you will be on MSNBC lecturing the taxpayers on how they are under taxed and the government is under funded

You're beyond 'even stupider' now. Here's your MO:

(Insert facts)

RSR Replies: YEAH! BURN THE VILLAGE!! OMGWTF!!!!

Me: Calm the fuck down, try to understand context. The issue is never as simple as all that. I agree in principle, but you don't understand the fundamental issues around how the government operates and spends money. It's not as SIMPLE as "taking money" they'd give as a bonus and apply it towards operations. It's different. Yes, the gov't is chock-full of waste. Nobody wants that. Not everyone who serves the nation is a piece of crap though.

RSR: OMGWTF!!! YOU ARE JUST MAD CUZ YOU ARE A FED YOU SLIMY PIECE OF CRAP! YOU ARE A TAKER NOT A GIVER! HOW DARE YOU NOT TOE THE LINE WITH ME! I AM AN INTERNET BULLY AND INSTEAD OF DEBATING THE FACTS OF WHAT YOU SAID I WILL CONDESCEND AND DEFLECT AND SHOVE MY HEAD FARTHER UP MY ASS!!!

Me: You're dumb.

Balu
06-04-2015, 07:42 AM

In the times of the Soviet Union nobody could be dismissed without prior approval of the local Union at the enterprise.
This time has gone. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/sad.gif

red states rule
06-05-2015, 04:15 AM
I must admit Darin you have developed quit an inflated opinion of yourself since I was last here

As far as demanding stats showing the massive decline in union members. It is common knowledge to those of us willing to admit the truth. But you may go on living in that bubble. You may drive by hundreds of thousands of abandoned buildings near Detroit but not workers. Detroit was destroyed by the union and it now is hell hole where nobody wants to live

You are content to ignore the failures of the TSA - fine. With a 6% quality score, I guess you are surprised those Federal workers do that well

And for you to lie about the IRS not pleading poverty - that is like saying they did not target conservatives. The IRS Commissioner has public said so

So name a private sector company that has HUNDREDS of stewards. Just one Darin. Or will you go off on another profanity laced diatribe?

It is sad to see a once calm and rational guy who liked to have a civil back and forth fall so far. I hope you get the treatment the anger management therapy and treatment for that superiority complex you desperately need

Perhaps you should go to the nearest VA center for help. However I do not think you can wait the 3 months most other vets have to wait. After all most of the Federal workers there are not working there to treat our vet - they are there to score taxpayer paid bonuses even if they have to commit fraud to get them.

You are a ticking time bomb and people will soon be afraid to be around you and I hope you can clean up your act. However you are a perfect choice to host a show on MSNBC. You have perfected the art of ignoring facts, dodging questions, shouting down others, and when all else fails - go with the personal attack.

Perhaps now your job is dependent on pork. After all the DOD has told Congress many times they no longer need certain weapons yet because the weapon is made in their district it was approved anyway. And that would explain your over the top melodramatic mouth frothing hysteria

I wish you the best Darrin. Please get help before it is too late

On second thought Darin - here are the stats on union membership from your beloved Federal government

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/union2.nr0.htm

Union membership is at a 100 year low in 2014

Any comments? (no profanity please)

darin
06-05-2015, 07:55 AM
Why would I comment on declining union enrollment among fed workers? I generally hate organized labor unions - when it's compulsary.

I must admit Darin you have developed quit an inflated opinion of yourself since I was last here

Nope - I always belief in truth, and since the things I write are true, I remain confident in two things: First - You mascarade as somebody who enjoys reasonable debate. Second, when you are confronted with opposing views you turn passive-aggressive, then change the subject.

As far as demanding stats showing the massive decline in union members. It is common knowledge to those of us willing to admit the truth.

See? Logical FALLACY. That shows an error in reasoning. That makes your arugment pretty-much invalid. Come back when you can speak to something reasonably. Folks like you make it difficult for people like me and others on this board who can honestly talk about issues. You're appealing to ridicule; saying folks who disagree are not willing to admit truth.

But you may go on living in that bubble. You may drive by hundreds of thousands of abandoned buildings near Detroit but not workers. Detroit was destroyed by the union and it now is hell hole where nobody wants to live

I will keep living in this bubble - it's called the 'Very well-paying TRUTH bubble'. But now you're intimating I have something to do with the decay and ruin of the city I moved 6 years ago. (shrug).

As an aside, to prove you're a dolt - I have dozens of hours in the last few years volunteering with inner-city charities to clean up large portions of the city. So fuck you, dick.

You are content to ignore the failures of the TSA - fine. With a 6% quality score, I guess you are surprised those Federal workers do that well

Why am I ignoring something that has NO FUCKING POINT in relation to the topic of hand? It'd be like me saying out of the blue "And YOU, Terrirrririry, YOU sit there IGNORING the starving children in Krysbliquistan, you CHILD HATER!".

Get a grip.

And for you to lie about the IRS not pleading poverty - that is like saying they did not target conservatives. The IRS Commissioner has public said so

No - it's like saying "Show me a quote from the IRS where they "Pleaded Poverty". Those two words barely make sense together.

So name a private sector company that has HUNDREDS of stewards. Just one Darin. Or will you go off on another profanity laced diatribe?

GM, Ford, Fiat-Chrysler pay or pay portions of the stewards salaries. And it should be profanity-laced. The 'dash' in important. It describes the diatribe, you douche-canoe.

It is sad to see a once calm and rational guy who liked to have a civil back and forth fall so far. I hope you get the treatment the anger management therapy and treatment for that superiority complex you desperately need

See? Youre being a fucktwit again. You do something, then when called on it say essentially 'No, YOU ARE!'

Perhaps you should go to the nearest VA center for help. However I do not think you can wait the 3 months most other vets have to wait. After all most of the Federal workers there are not working there to treat our vet - they are there to score taxpayer paid bonuses even if they have to commit fraud to get them.

I don't need the VA. I make plenty of money. And "most" workers there aren't working to treat our vet? Which Vet? Just one Vet?

First - you're a fucking liar and a crybaby. 90% of VA folks I've met are GOOD PEOPLE trying to do the right thing. Most are Veterans themselves. SO FUCK you and the high horse you ride upon. Stop disparaging our Veterans work.

You are a ticking time bomb and people will soon be afraid to be around you and I hope you can clean up your act. However you are a perfect choice to host a show on MSNBC. You have perfected the art of ignoring facts, dodging questions, shouting down others, and when all else fails - go with the personal attack.

I LOVE facts - list some you'd like to debate? If you go off topic I'll dick-slap you again, though.

Perhaps now your job is dependent on pork. After all the DOD has told Congress many times they no longer need certain weapons yet because the weapon is made in their district it was approved anyway. And that would explain your over the top melodramatic mouth frothing hysteria

I wish you the best Darrin. Please get help before it is too late

My Job is dependent on saving lives Terrririririririry. I make good money doing it because the work I do is important. I earned my position and will strive for higher positions because I'm the fucking man. :)

red states rule
06-06-2015, 03:18 AM
You are a testy on Darin. OK, as Jim would say right now enough is enough.

It is clear you have a chip the size of a lumber yard on your shoulder and now you are using your service as both a crutch and a shield. (Shades of Virgil!!!). You are a unon goon and are willing to ignore their actions even it involves death of vets and fraud

So go on and spread your misery elsewhere. I did not come here to give Jim more fires to put out

I will leave you with your own words which proves unlike your debate and social skills you have mastered hypocrisy

http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by dmp http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=738639#post738639)
This place needs its own reality show. I cannot keep up with 'who is bitchin at who' and what somebody said that hurt somebody else so now another person has to come to their defense. Is it impossible that we disagree - even passionately - yet might be good friends in real life? Good lord. Honestly, I probably have the least in common with Noir yet he'd be a welcome guest and I bet if I made my way back to the UK he'd likely have sit and eat a vegan plain soy bread pita thing - or whatever the hell he eats, IF he eats.

So - stop bitching so violently at people. Turn down the attitudes and lastly, be nice to people.

Or not. Whatever.

darin
06-06-2015, 07:10 AM
Hey Darin - you're right. I am generally the type to fly off the handle and make shit up when confronted with just about anything CLOSE to a different opinion. What I really struggle with is this: When I make a point and you counter it or dispute it highlighting my lack of soundness in mind, or reason in argument I tend to fly off the handle and spend the next couple posts insulting you out of hand.

Fixed that for you!

You'd be a better man to take instruction, reason, and acknowledge your weaknesses rather than simply sit aback and create false moral high ground.