PDA

View Full Version : Transformers

Monkeybone
07-03-2007, 10:58 AM
i liked. it was good. didn't take anyway anything from them, but it didn't exactly add to the depth of them. just a good action movie really. but..i liked (on the verge of loved) it. i would see it again. just glad that Michael Bay didn't rape my childhood memories.

Geek moment: Till all are one.

07-03-2007, 12:30 PM
It was completely awesome. amusing.. good action. romantic in a funny embarassing way. plot wasnt bad. They could have done more with the robots but it was still pretty cool.

Monkeybone
07-03-2007, 01:04 PM
i was hoping for the 80's 'TRANSFORMERS' song to come on either at the beinging or the end. agreed.....it is the transformers movie, not setting up SHia Lebowoeoabarf kid. i wanna see robots! but hey, they might make another one.

atleast they used the original Optimus Prime for the voice

jackass
07-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Hey...I thought this movie didnt open until 4th of July. Did they open it early?

nevadamedic
07-03-2007, 05:17 PM
It was completely awesome. amusing.. good action. romantic in a funny embarassing way. plot wasnt bad. They could have done more with the robots but it was still pretty cool.

Romantic? There is a robot love story? :laugh2:

nevadamedic
07-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Story Highlights

"Transformers" makes $27.4 million Tuesday
Debut is biggest Tuesday ever
Observer: "Timing on this movie was perfect"

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/04/transformers.box.office.ap/index.html

Have they announced if they are going to make a sequil or not yet? Was the movie set up at the end for a sequil?

nevadamedic
07-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Hey...I thought this movie didnt open until 4th of July. Did they open it early?

They did screenings in select cities before the release date. They also did a midnight release at most theaters where they played the movie at midnight on the release day.

82Marine89
07-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Saw the movie last night. Definitely a good action movie.

nevadamedic
07-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Saw the movie last night. Definitely a good action movie.

Think there will be a sequil?

Monkeybone
07-05-2007, 07:54 AM
yes NM, they left it possible for one.

darin
07-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Any bad parts? Sex, horrible language, adult themes? Thinking about taking my kids to see it.

Hagbard Celine
07-05-2007, 01:39 PM
http://www.pestaola.gr/images/megan_fox_fhm_2006_calendar.jpg
Megan Fox. That's all I have to say about Transformers.

nevadamedic
07-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Any bad parts? Sex, horrible language, adult themes? Thinking about taking my kids to see it.

Ummm sex, horrible language and adult themes are good parts! :laugh2:

Monkeybone
07-05-2007, 01:53 PM
i think that it would be ok D. kinda long.

and Hag...mmmmmmm Megan Fox....not too shabby in the movie.

nevadamedic
07-05-2007, 01:55 PM
i think that it would be ok D. kinda long.

and Hag...mmmmmmm Megan Fox....not too shabby in the movie.

Im really surprised, I thought Hag was gay............ :laugh2:

nevadamedic
07-09-2007, 02:05 AM
Story Highlights

The No. 1 movie, "Transformers," has made $152.5 million since Monday
That's not including nearly $100 million from other countries since June 28
Disney's "Ratatouille" drops to second after pulling in $29 million
Box office falls 23 percent from this weekend last year

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/07/08/boxoffice.ap/index.html

That's a good chunk of change!

dan
07-10-2007, 03:31 AM
Saw it last night. And.... yeah, it was a Michael Bay movie. Great action sequences that eventually become so shakey you can't tell who's who, surrounded by a crappy plot.

I like Shia LeBouf, and I thought he was great in this. However, they could've easily trimmed a good 30 minutes from his whole love story. Why invest so much time in characters nobody cares about, then have the autobots' story explained in a 3-minute scene? And, as someone who never watched the show, and only saw the 80's movie once, I had no clue who any of the Decepticons were. I could see where that would piss off some fans. As it is, they served the plot, but they weren't exactly "characters".

But, it entertained me for 2 hours, and what more can you want? Movies like this not only don't need to be thought about afterwards, they almost demand you don't think about them. I was thinking about it, as much as I hate Michael Bay, the guy's definitely developed his own style, and his movies are so confident, it's easy to look past the crappiness.

That said, Michael Bay should get out of the mansion and talk to a few black people every now and then. Literally every black character in this movie was a huge stereotype. There's no reason to have a character saying "that theah is mah mammy!" in the year 2007. That said, the row of black guys behind me ate up all that stuff, so maybe Bay's onto something.

But, that Megan Fox! Yowza! And the blonde NSA girl (I think she was Australian) was nice to look at, too!

dan
07-10-2007, 03:35 AM
D, as far as taking your kids, I'd say it's OK. There is some real-life type destruction (IE: buildings get destroyed, cars blow up, etc.), but for the most part, the only things hurt are the robots. There are a few people who die, but it's nothing graphic at all. And, as far as language, I heard the word "shit" maybe three times, though there is a very brief "are you masturbating?" scene with the main character's parents that could prove for an awkward situation if your kids are the curious type.

But, I really don't think a little girl would be interested at all. For boys, I'd say age 7-8 and up.