PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Dem. Party boss blasts Kerry in book

Evil
01-05-2007, 08:29 AM
WASHINGTON - Former Democratic Party boss and Clinton friend Terry McAuliffe is lambasting
John Kerry's unsuccessful presidential campaign, calling his effort to unseat
President Bush "one of the biggest acts of political malpractice in the history of American politics."

In his scrappy memoir, McAuliffe criticizes the 2004 campaign that he was responsible for defending but ultimately lost to what he describes as a more organized Republican machine. McAuliffe calls the Kerry campaign gun-shy, distracted and incompetent.

McAuliffe is close to Bill and
Hillary Rodham Clinton and will support her presidential bid if the New York senator runs in 2008. McAuliffe's book, published by Thomas Dunne Books, could serve as the opening salvo against a potential Clinton rival as Kerry weighs another bid. However, McAuliffe has kind words for other possible candidates, such as Sens. Barack Obama and Chris Dodd and Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack.

The book, "What a Party! My Life Among Democrats: Presidents, Candidates, Donors, Activists, Alligators and Other Wild Animals," goes on sale Jan. 23, but copies have already shown up in some bookstores.

McAuliffe plans a 25-city tour to promote the memoir and parties to celebrate its publication — Feb. 8 in Washington hosted by Mrs. Clinton and Jan. 22 in New York City hosted by former
President Clinton.

LINK (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070105/ap_on_en_ot/democrats_mcauliffe_book)

Gaffer
01-06-2007, 04:49 PM
Kerry was a throw away for the dems. They are and were gearing everything to 08 when hellery runs. He was chosen as the biggest baffoon along with the breckgirl Edwards to run and lose so the wicked bitch could run in 08. Everything the dems have been doing since 02 has been designed to get her in office in 08. The big clinton machine has been working hard at this for the last 6 years or more. The reason she is a NY senator is to have that stepping stone to the white house which has been her goal from day one.

jillian
01-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Just to clarify, Evil, he wasn't lambasting Kerry, he was lambasting his campaign, and rightfully so. It should have been a walk in the park. Problem one was hiring Donna Brazile, who malpracted Gore's campaign, to do the 2004 campaign.

Ah well...

As for Hillary, not gonna happen, IMO.

Gaffer
01-06-2007, 05:30 PM
Just to clarify, Evil, he wasn't lambasting Kerry, he was lambasting his campaign, and rightfully so. It should have been a walk in the park. Problem one was hiring Donna Brazile, who malpracted Gore's campaign, to do the 2004 campaign.

Ah well...

As I said, kerry's was a throw away campaign. He brings in the loser of 2000 to run his losing campaign. He definately wanted to win, but it was not in the cards as the clinton machine didn't want him too.

jillian
01-10-2007, 09:03 PM
As I said, kerry's was a throw away campaign. He brings in the loser of 2000 to run his losing campaign. He definately wanted to win, but it was not in the cards as the clinton machine didn't want him too.

Your evidence for this aside from festering hatred for anyone named Clinton?

Abbey Marie
01-10-2007, 09:06 PM
Your evidence for this aside from festering hatred for anyone named Clinton?

I think he likes George Clinton. ;)

jillian
01-10-2007, 09:12 PM
I think he likes George Clinton. ;)

I can get wit that. :2up:

Abbey Marie
01-10-2007, 09:15 PM
I can get wit that. :2up:

:thumb:

jillian
01-10-2007, 09:29 PM
Good to see you made it here, Abbey! :beer:

Gaffer
01-10-2007, 10:05 PM
If liberals can blindly hate Bush I can blindly hate clinton.

Abbey Marie
01-10-2007, 11:49 PM
Good to see you made it here, Abbey! :beer:

Thanks, Jillian. This two-board thing has split up that old gang of mine. Sigh.

Gunny
01-11-2007, 05:03 AM

Ah well...

Problem One was Kerry attempting to run on his military service as some sort of qualifier, when his service and subsequent actions pertaining to it at best are controversial topics.

Normally one runs on a political track record. While I can see why he wouldn't want to do that, it's the usual practice nonetheless.

dirt mcgirt
01-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Kerry was a throw away for the dems. They are and were gearing everything to 08 when hellery runs. He was chosen as the biggest baffoon along with the breckgirl Edwards to run and lose so the wicked bitch could run in 08. Everything the dems have been doing since 02 has been designed to get her in office in 08. The big clinton machine has been working hard at this for the last 6 years or more. The reason she is a NY senator is to have that stepping stone to the white house which has been her goal from day one.
It seems that way now, but there was no liberal conspiracy set way back then. Kerry lost Ohio by about 150,000 votes. Had he won Ohio, Hillary would have waited until 2012 to run. There's no way Hillary could have known that Kerry was going to lose...unless she rigged the voting machines. :D

Gaffer
01-11-2007, 04:28 PM
It seems that way now, but there was no liberal conspiracy set way back then. Kerry lost Ohio by about 150,000 votes. Had he won Ohio, Hillary would have waited until 2012 to run. There's no way Hillary could have known that Kerry was going to lose...unless she rigged the voting machines. :D

But in 1012 she would have to go up against the incumbant president. That could divide the party. And she's getting old. 08 is her best chance. And fixing the election is not beneath her IMO.