PDA

View Full Version : In Memoriam

jimnyc
06-04-2015, 10:13 AM
It's kind of hard to make something like this when it's so hard to watch any of it. I kinda turned it on and off real quick, both at the beginning and and just to review. I still need to go through many photos. I thought this was a touching song to go along with the photos. Maybe down the road I can spend more time on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QThCSynOgcg

Abbey Marie
06-04-2015, 10:20 AM
He lived a full and contented life, loved by the one he loved best...

Jeff
06-04-2015, 11:29 AM
Jim although it may be hard to watch now, in time you will see how beautiful it is, great job Jim, you did Jerome proud !!!

hjmick
06-04-2015, 05:16 PM
Jim, I post this link every time I stumble upon a thread such as this. It is funny, touching, sad, and all so very true.

May it make you smile and stir fond memories.

I feel your pain, truly, but know that you did the right thing.

My Dog: The Paradox (http://theoatmeal.com/comics/dog_paradox)

LongTermGuy
06-04-2015, 08:45 PM
Jim although it may be hard to watch now, in time you will see how beautiful it is, great job Jim, you did Jerome proud !!!

so true Jeff....hard for me to watch...(brought back memories)....well said Jeff^^^

red states rule
06-05-2015, 03:01 AM
It's kind of hard to make something like this when it's so hard to watch any of it. I kinda turned it on and off real quick, both at the beginning and and just to review. I still need to go through many photos. I thought this was a touching song to go along with the photos. Maybe down the road I can spend more time on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QThCSynOgcg

I am so sorry Jim. June 20 will be one year I had to put Callie down. She had kitty diabetes and the vet said maybe she had a 20% chance of living another year or so. I balled like a baby for weeks and I still think about her every day. She was a stray and I had her for 12 good years

Some laugh, but I believe if God wants you be happy and content in Heaven - you will have your pets there with you. So hang in there - your guy will be waiting you at the gates to welcome you in

SassyLady
06-05-2015, 03:48 AM
The song was perfect for the video, Jim ... I know it's difficult now but someday you will be happy you put it together. I wish I had something like this I could watch every now and then to help remind me of what great dogs I've had.

Jeff
06-05-2015, 05:38 AM
You know as tough as it it to lose a friend, we have to remember that God allowed us the time we had with that friend.

A friend of mine ( well his dad actually ) told me one day, " Jeff I am kind of mad with God " I asked what do you mean Craig, and he said " well my wife and I worked all our lives saving for retirement, we went to Church whenever we could" her every Sunday for her ( he was a trucker so was on the road a lot ) "we raised our son right, I think we are decent people, but yet know my wife half the time don't even know who I am " See Craig's wife has altimeters and is in a nursing home.

Well the other day Craig came to me and said " Bro ( yes he is a old greay beard ) Bro I am not mad with God any longer", I asked why, and he said " well you know actually I was lucky, I had 52 good years with my wife and during those years she was in the hospital and very sick a few times, I could of lost her anyone of those times, but God gave me 52 wonderful years." Craig is exactly right, sometimes when we feels so bad about losing someone, remember just how lucky we where to have them in the first place.

Abbey Marie
06-05-2015, 03:46 PM
You know as tough as it it to lose a friend, we have to remember that God allowed us the time we had with that friend.

A friend of mine ( well his dad actually ) told me one day, " Jeff I am kind of mad with God " I asked what do you mean Craig, and he said " well my wife and I worked all our lives saving for retirement, we went to Church whenever we could" her every Sunday for her ( he was a trucker so was on the road a lot ) "we raised our son right, I think we are decent people, but yet know my wife half the time don't even know who I am " See Craig's wife has altimeters and is in a nursing home.

Well the other day Craig came to me and said " Bro ( yes he is a old greay beard ) Bro I am not mad with God any longer", I asked why, and he said " well you know actually I was lucky, I had 52 good years with my wife and during those years she was in the hospital and very sick a few times, I could of lost her anyone of those times, but God gave me 52 wonderful years." Craig is exactly right, sometimes when we feels so bad about losing someone, remember just how lucky we where to have them in the first place.

Great way to look at it, Jeff.

PixieStix
06-17-2015, 11:40 AM
I am late again. I am so sorry Jim. I understand how you feel. The video is an expression of your love, and very well done. I am so sorry for your loss!

I lost my Link, and american eskimo, a year ago, he was 18 years old. He was born here in my house. I will always miss him. I cannot even think of replacing him because he was truly one of a kind.
My son made a video of Link and myself, playing ect. The music I chose was the "Best I Ever Had". I am not going to post the video, because even now after a year it tears me up.

I bred Link into existence. He was the perfect dog for me. Just like your perfect friend was one of a kind.

jimnyc
03-09-2016, 06:04 AM
If I would go to take the recyclables out, when I came back in he would act like I was gone for hours, join me on the couch and lick me the same. He ALWAYS wanted to go with me, no matter where I went. And then he wasn't happy enough to be in the passenger seat, he had to come join me in the drivers seat, hitting the ABS button on the way over, and then trying to squeeze himself into my sweatshirt like he did when he was a puppy.

He was nervous at first when we went to live down in Georgia with Jeff. I think he was a little afraid, so he mainly stayed by my side, since Jeff had a Chihuahua and a Bulldog. Jerome would hang out on the arm of the couch, and then literally rest his head on mine if I rested it there.

During the ride back once I remember him sitting on my center console, on the raised portion that you can open and place things in. He sat there, with his head equal to mine, licking my ear and making his snorting noises for about 15 hours straight one ride home!

Olivia
03-09-2016, 08:25 AM
Nobody will ever love you like your dog. He will meet you one day at the rainbow bridge!