PDA

View Full Version : Inspired by Jeff's graduation thread

Abbey Marie
06-05-2015, 02:29 PM
I'd love your opinions on this:

At a recent Little League game, when it started raining, several parents decided to go to their cars, which were parked beyond the outfield. When their batters made a hit, they would honk their horns loudly to signal their happiness, as no one would hear them clapping or cheering.

Apparently, this horn-blasting started to upset the 8 year old pitcher, and the parents were asked twice to stop. They continued, and one of them leaned on the horn for an extra-long time to show her "disagreement" with the request.

Who's right here?

darin
06-05-2015, 02:32 PM
The parents are wrong. They were being rude. And wimps...hiding in the car cuz of rain? C'mon man. They wouldnt honk during a back-swing. They had "the right" do be honking but it was "the wrong" thing to do

aboutime
06-05-2015, 02:45 PM
I'd love your opinions on this:

At a recent Little League game, when it started raining, several parents decided to go to their cars, which were parked beyond the outfield. When their batters made a hit, they would honk their horns loudly to signal their happiness, as no one would hear them clapping or cheering.

Apparently, this horn-blasting started to upset the 8 year old pitcher, and the parents were asked twice to stop. They continued, and one of them leaned on the horn for an extra-long time to show her "disagreement" with the request.

Who's right here?

Stupidity, Immaturity, and terrible parents who are teaching their children to disobey? Nobody is right on this. They should have called the game, or waited till it stopped raining. Otherwise. We all know. Parents are the trouble makers at Children Sport events. IMO..of course.:laugh:

Jeff
06-05-2015, 05:41 PM
I have to agree with dmp and AT, exactly right.

As most know my kids are big into baseball, they play little league and are on at least one travel ball team at all times and also play for their school. If the parents where to do this at any of the games my kids where at it would be shut down, in the little league the kids who's parents are doing it would get their coach a warning, usually like one more time and you forfeit, if both teams are guilty than the game is just cancelled and wont be made up. During travel ball and or school ball usually parents would handle it if not the cops would remove them.

They wont allow a pitcher to wear anything white on his clove do to it messing the batter up and they wont allow the other team to deliberately mess the pitcher up , by screaming things at him, yes there are songs the kids will sing talking about the pitcher, it makes him loose his concentration. Also if you are parked outside the outfield fence and you go to leave you are not to put head lights on if it is dark, I have seen umpires stop the game many times for that.

But what really gets me here is wow what parents, we are really teaching our kids when we decide to do as we please. This happens in baseball all the time, usually in little league where Daddy is trying to live his childhood through his kid because he was a worm back in the day, I can't stand a parent that tries to teach a kid to cheat. The All Star coach a couple of years ago spent a quarter of one practice teaching the kids to kick away the white lines at the batters box, so by the 2 inning you can't tell where the batters box is and you can put kids that doesn't hit that well up to bat and tell them to stand back from the plate, the pitcher pitches to the catchers glove and a not so sharp Ump will watch the ball and the batter and make his calls that way, so all pitches look as though they are outside. MY son came home and asked me if that was cheating, I explained not really but it isn't right either and I instructed him to do it the right way, yup me and that coach don't get along to well at all, worst part is he wants my boys on his team every years but I wont allow it.

Noir
06-05-2015, 09:22 PM
Sounds like a matter for the police and the justice system to deal with.

Abbey Marie
06-05-2015, 09:40 PM
I just couldn't believe these parents go to their cars because of rain, but it's ok for their 8 year olds to stay out in it.

As for the honking, it seems like a distraction that these kids shouldn't have to deal with.

What is wrong with people? It really reminded me of Jeff's graduation thread. Where's the simple civility and decency these days?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-05-2015, 09:49 PM
I just couldn't believe these parents go to their cars because of rain, but it's ok for their 8 year olds to stay out in it.

As for the honking, it seems like a distraction that these kids shouldn't have to deal with.

What is wrong with people? It really reminded me of Jeff's graduation thread. Where's the simple civility and decency these days?
Abbey some groups(no names) have been taught that they do not have to play by the rules. Taught that they are special.
Special, just keep voting like we want.. you vote--we will steal to give you those freebies. Sad but true..-Tyr

tailfins
06-05-2015, 10:05 PM

Perhaps interacting with people and participating in such events isn't all it's cracked up to be. Maybe we are all off better off in front of a computer.

Jeff
06-06-2015, 12:04 AM

Abbey as far as letting their kids stay in the rain but they have to keep dry, well that is just piss poor parenting, as far as beeping the horn, they probably never even thought of it as distracting, but once they where asked to stop and kept doing it, well then they are right back to piss poor parenting. How can a adult smile at their child and break the rules knowing the child is aware of what they are doing, that is terrible parenting, I have had to bite my tongue on many occasions because I want my kids to see I will follow the rules no matter how stupid they are, in the same token my kids have seen Daddy do some serious debating when that is needed as well. :laugh:

aboutime
06-06-2015, 12:27 PM

Abbey. Personally, and because I have three grandchildren who play in school sports, I can agree with you.
But we must once again blame all of this nonsense on Political Correctness, and the Wussy Society we are allowing to take over. There's really something wrong when our children, and grandchildren play in sports, but they are NOT PERMITTED TO KEEP SCORES that might upset, or offend THE PARENTS (not the kids). The children are smarter than the parents.
And we can't forget the end of season AWARD parties, where EACH MEMBER gets a trophy, even if they didn't play...just to prevent someone from having their FEELINGS hurt because they were LOUSY players anyhow???

06-09-2015, 03:17 PM
Sounds like a matter for the police and the justice system to deal with.

Exactly what are the police going to do? No law was broken that I can see.

Nor do I see any reason the first reaction should be to run to the government to fix the problem. Especially when the situation could be avoided by some parents showing humility instead of causing problems.

Jeff
06-10-2015, 07:50 AM
Exactly what are the police going to do? No law was broken that I can see.

Nor do I see any reason the first reaction should be to run to the government to fix the problem. Especially when the situation could be avoided by some parents showing humility instead of causing problems.

The law will be called if the parents refuse to stop doing so after being asked not to, in many instances parent do these things on purpose to distract, and no it isn't a law that will get you thrown in jail but it will get you thrown out of the park and there have been 1 year suspensions, yes just last year parents where told they could come on the property to drop there kids off or pick them up but that was it. And somehow this rule followed them in other counties as well, their oldest son played on the All Stars with my kids and when we traveled to other counties again they where not allowed to be on property, so there must be some kind of law :laugh: I have no idea what but these parents paid the penalty.