PDA

View Full Version : Vets told they can 'buy back' 2nd Amendment rights

Jeff
06-06-2015, 07:46 AM
Check this trash out, a returning Vet is told he isn't able to own a weapon but if he gives up his/her benefits they may have the weapon back.

A legal team investigating the Obama administration’s order that certain American military veterans deemed “incompetent” give up their weapons says the problem is worse than expected.
People who live with veterans now are being ordered not to possess a gun, and some veterans are told they can “buy back” their Second Amendment rights by giving up their veterans’ benefits.
“This is simply unbelievable, On the one hand the [Veterans Administration] and the FBI have found veterans to be mentally ill and too dangerous to be allowed to own firearms, while on the other hand allowing these allegedly dangerous people to buy their firearms rights back,” wrote Michael Connelly, executive director of the United States Justice Foundation (https://www.usjf.net/expanding-the-assault) in a report.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/06/vets-told-they-can-buy-back-2nd-amendment-rights/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-06-2015, 08:50 AM
Check this trash out, a returning Vet is told he isn't able to own a weapon but if he gives up his/her benefits they may have the weapon back.

Just more of the obama over reach. More of his campaign to punish the good guys..-Tyr

aboutime
06-06-2015, 11:19 AM

Jeff. Believe it or not. This kind of thing isn't new, or unfamiliar coming from the govt. Back in 1993, following nearly two years of active duty (limited duty) due to my spinal surgeries. When my treatments were finished. I had to speak at an interview with a Civilian Services agent who...had the sole responsibility to determine whether I could remain in the navy on active duty.
In fact. They knew I was getting close to Retirement in 1995, and he actually offered (according to the Then, Clinton policies) to give me a Separation check of $44,000 dollars if I wanted to call it quits right there.
I told them I wanted to finish my service, but they seemed determined to SAVE Uncle Sam all the EARNED RETIREMENT I had accrued.
If I had agreed. I would have lost EVERYTHING.
So, the wheeling, and dealing is still going on. And threatening VETERANS with the loss of their 2nd amendment rights is....UNCONSTITUTIONAL...just for starters.
The ENTIRE GOVERNMENT IS CROOKED. PERIOD.

indago
06-07-2015, 06:06 AM
Jeff. Believe it or not. This kind of thing isn't new, or unfamiliar coming from the govt. Back in 1993, following nearly two years of active duty (limited duty) due to my spinal surgeries. When my treatments were finished. I had to speak at an interview with a Civilian Services agent who...had the sole responsibility to determine whether I could remain in the navy on active duty.
In fact. They knew I was getting close to Retirement in 1995, and he actually offered (according to the Then, Clinton policies) to give me a Separation check of $44,000 dollars if I wanted to call it quits right there.
I told them I wanted to finish my service, but they seemed determined to SAVE Uncle Sam all the EARNED RETIREMENT I had accrued.
So, the wheeling, and dealing is still going on. And threatening VETERANS with the loss of their 2nd amendment rights is....UNCONSTITUTIONAL...just for starters.

Does THIS look familiar...

Since you are obviously so full of hatred for this nation in almost every way possible. You do have an option most of us would happily assist you in taking. As in YOU SHOULD LEAVE...ASAP.

aboutime
06-07-2015, 02:33 PM
Does THIS look familiar...

Sure does, and proud of it. So now that you've attempted...like the good liberal you are, to change the context of what has been said. You should be ashamed of yourself. But then. Irresponsible people do not have the power to feel any shame. Isn't that how you feel indago?

DLT
06-07-2015, 05:53 PM

I would keep the benefits that I had damned well earned....

and keep the guns, illegally if necessary, too. There is no damned way the gov can legally keep vets from owning guns. So screw the gov.